Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 568 comments are related to the topic:
Tennis Talk 2021: Vol 14 (Geneva, Lyon, Parma, Belgrade)

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 5 of 15  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | 15 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 568
By:
nofx
When: 18 May 21 21:16
but maybe I should have a tantrum at you so I get like 60/40
By:
edy
Don't be such an Israel. Lemme bring peace to this place with my extraordinary diplomacy skills.
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
I think you did a fine job, edy.
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 18 May 21 21:17
and now all the tennis is done for the day, so we can all go do other things.
By:
nofx
When: 18 May 21 21:18
always the the Joey Biden. but secretly..
By:
Traderx90
When: 18 May 21 21:18
Tanking never will be match fixing by TIU and since that`s the only one official organization that have impact on tennis then those rules and laws define what is tanking and what is match fixing. Those are really straight forward stuff.
If you get money from outside of the organization to lose the match that`s match fixing, if you don`t receive any bribe but you still lose the match on purpose that`s tanking which is only code violation. Pretty simple to understand

Diplomacy never works, objective truth and facts do.

have a nice one :)
By:
edy
When: 18 May 21 21:29
Geez, Trader...I was really trying to be nice.

Not giving your best effort for one reason or another is a code violation.

Tanking, which the TIU itself defines as "deliberately losing" (which is different to not giving your best effort), is very much more than a code violation.
By:
edy
When: 18 May 21 21:33
I frankly don't even why you are arguing this terminology today. You recently created a ****g thread where you threw the fixing label at a bunch of players with no proof whatsoever and now you are arguing what a baddy nofx is for doing a less extreme version of your own thread. Your proof was that players are sometimes inconsistent or have physical problems.

https://community.betfair.com/tennis/go/thread/view/94186/31700501/match-fixing#flvWelcomeHeader

What gives, mate?
By:
Angela Rebecchi
When: 18 May 21 21:35

May 18, 2021 -- 2:31PM, SamuelMertensBertens wrote:

fixing = when you are losing a match on purpose for betting related reasonstanking = when your are losing a match on purpose for other reasons, in most cases to save energy for future efforts.Serena losing these days = when you are losing because you are old and not as good as you used to be

Spot on. There is zero fight in her for such a tournament too.

By:
Traderx90
When: 18 May 21 21:36
IF it would true then players who got punished for tanking would have been punished for match fixing. There is a small edge between the two which seems cause issue here to understand.
Deliberately losing is a code violations which usually punished 5k-25k and once it gets punished the case closed and TIU can not do anything until some proof comes up for match fixing. It`s not my fault that you guys can not understand this,there is a small difference but the difference is there that`s why players get away with it.

I joined this platform to create that thread to see what people think, that was a trigger thread but didn`t work. I tried to understand gamblers a little bit more and what they think and how they express themselves also was curious if anybody can come up with some objective argument, so that`s why that thread got created.

Listen, I did not start the argument, I stated facts but as I mentioned, it created issue here to understand. I know how TIU works inside out, so let`s say I have way better understanding and way more information about the process.
By:
edy
When: 18 May 21 21:50
Dude, I'm the forum's much renowned rulebook expert. I can't believe you are arguing things this vehemently when you don't understand the rulebook. Can't fault your self-esteem, that's for sure.

Again, deliberately losing is not a code violation. Not giving your best effort is a code violation. These things might sound like they might be the same, but they are not.
By:
wisewords
When: 18 May 21 22:02
damn it appears I missed a really great day of tennis Plain
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 18 May 21 22:05
be careful getting into an argument with edy, those can last til 9:00 am in the morning :)
By:
Traderx90
When: 18 May 21 22:10
OK, that`s not true, example: Kyrgios :) Once he or others that got punishment for CODE VIOLATION get banned by TIU for match fixing then you come back and I will agree with you. Until then whatever how hard you guys mouthing, can not change rules,laws and facts.
Again, you have zero fact or example in your hand to support your opinion.
Kyrgios went out for tanking, deliberately losing and got punished for code violation.  So if what you say is true then he would have got investigated and punished by TIU.
I stop arguing because I can not change people`s mind if they don`t want to listen. Every each case of tanking which got punished went down in history like code violation. Look it up, check it by yourself. Every each case of PROVEN match fixing got punished by TIU such as ban and fine.

Show me one case which was different and we can talk.

You say I don`t understand the rulebook, it`s funny. It`s a big paradox statement. Why?
You are member since 2006 according to the site, that`s 15 years and you still didn`t make it which seems that you don`t even understand the sport itself otherwise you wouldn`t have spent that much time and god knows how much you will. On the other hand that is my 3rd and final year in the business and I "retire" so it`s a quite paradox statement as I said. But don`t worry, now I see what kind of people are here and why they are here for so long, wrong attitude leads to failure.
I only made a comment based on facts and see where it led? People start to attack the person instead of objective argument and when it backfires they pull the victim card.

nofx and you can`t come up with anything which supports your statements since they are wrong. You are smart enough to read the rules but to understand them properly makes issue but yes of course I don`t understand the rulebook. People.....never change.

Sam, it won`t last till then because I`m done, I give them the false sense of victory and retire of the argument,thats my last comment.
All the best for all you, no hard feelings
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 18 May 21 22:17
what about this thread?
https://community.betfair.com/tennis/go/thread/view/94186/31700501/match-fixing#flvWelcomeHeader
as a German wise man once said, what gives?
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 18 May 21 22:21
https://twitter.com/jon_wertheim/status/1394757664735911939
Jon Wertheim @jon_wertheim
A new @atptour event in Dallas.... @BNPPARIBASOPEN - male and female - in October "all but a done deal"....tennis NFTs.... fruitful ATP board meeting coming out of Rome

Shocked
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 18 May 21 22:27
Jon Wertheim @jon_wertheim
· 9m
The fall tennis calendar remains question mark....hearing two different things 1) China wants to proceed cautiously and do nothing to jeopardize 2022 Olympics.....b)  China wants international sporting events in the fall to serve as dry runs - and allay fears - re 2022 Olympics

If China is gonna flop again, I hope they at least make a decision well in advance so we can get events elsewhere and hopefully not go 2 seasons in a row without WTA Finals.
By:
edy
When: 18 May 21 22:33
My tone wasn't any more aggressive than yours was already before I ever got involved. Stop playing the victim card please.

Also...you realise your best buddy Kyrgios did actually get banned from tennis when he was found to have deliberately lost a match in Shanghai 2016? Quite obviously he didn't get a multi-year suspension, unlike what is usually the case when a financial incentive is involved, but it didn't simply end for him in a code violation as you like to pretend.

Maybe you weren't aware because you've only been around since about 2018/2019 according to yourself.

Regarding your repeated personal attack regarding myself being a loser: You are very much free to think so. In many ways you are probably quite correct even. I think it's curious element of your character for you worry so much about the finances of others though because I myself could never have cared less about whether someone on here wins big, or loses big. I tend to just about never talk about my finances either, good or bad. I tend to not think too highly of braggadocuous behaviour.

I nonetheless wish you much success in your remaining months as a trader, and the new chapter of your life that will follow after your retirement from said activity. Always remember though: Hochmut kommt vor dem Fall.
By:
wisewords
When: 18 May 21 22:44
edy so does this mean if I disagree with you about something you'll debate it with me in large paragraphs for hours on end?
By:
edy
When: 18 May 21 22:45
absolutely
By:
wisewords
When: 18 May 21 22:46
Surprised
By:
edy
When: 18 May 21 22:47
Come at me, bro! ...If you dare...
By:
wisewords
When: 18 May 21 22:47
I don't like to personally attack you though because you're always so helpful Blush
By:
edy
When: 18 May 21 22:48
I'd reduce you to tears.
By:
wisewords
Sad
By:
wisewords
can you write a nice story about the story of today's tennis for me instead?
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 18 May 21 22:49
no don't do it edy
By:
edy
Don't reduce wisewords to tears or don't write him a nice story?
By:
wisewords
why you gotta be so rude Plain
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
neither.
By:
wisewords
that was aimed at caramba. don't reduce me to tears!
By:
edy
When: 18 May 21 22:50
What about a story that will make him so happy that it will bring out tears of happyness?
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
I'll summarize it in 24 characters
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
*I can
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 18 May 21 22:51
flashscore.co.uk/tennis/
By:
wisewords
When: 18 May 21 22:52
yeah I've had a look on there. I was thinking more a story that tells me than merely looking at scorelines
By:
wisewords
When: 18 May 21 22:52
tells me more and gives some insight and details Happy
By:
edy
When: 18 May 21 22:53
Joao Sousa argued with the umpire today.
By:
edy
When: 18 May 21 22:53
He was really mad.
By:
wisewords
When: 18 May 21 22:54
Someone stole his hat?
Page 5 of 15  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | 15 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page