Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
SamuelMertensBertens
01 Mar 21 09:39
| Topic/replies: 23,418 | Blogger: SamuelMertensBertens's blog
The tennis goes on.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 20  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 20 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 781
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 01 Mar 21 09:42
Michal Samulski @MichalSamulski
·
10m
New tournament on WTA tour:
Category: WTA250
Venue: Arka Tennis Club, Gdynia, Poland
Date: July 17-25
Prize money: 235.000$
Surface: clay
Director: Marcin Matkowski, former doubles player

Happy

the Iga effect!
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 01 Mar 21 10:30
https://twitter.com/Vestige_du_jour/status/1366177875175563265

serve bots are taking over WTA.
By:
wisewords
When: 01 Mar 21 12:18
loving the times for the WTA this week, perfect
By:
wisewords
When: 01 Mar 21 12:19
Iga the Polish sensation taking over. will she win all the fan votes for the next 10 years?
By:
wisewords
When: 01 Mar 21 12:31
go Anett! the Grampians Trophy Champion of the World doing this beautifully
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 01 Mar 21 13:32

Mar 1, 2021 -- 6:18AM, wisewords wrote:

loving the times for the WTA this week, perfect

with me no longer doing NBA, I will get proper sleep all week Excited
Unless they decide to do 3,5 hr long clay fests in Buenos Aires.

By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 01 Mar 21 13:32
Jen B only trying in Western countries confirmed. Sloane 2.0
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 01 Mar 21 13:33

Mar 1, 2021 -- 6:19AM, wisewords wrote:

Iga the Polish sensation taking over. will she win all the fan votes for the next 10 years?

yes

By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 01 Mar 21 13:36
I had a dream the other night that Garbine won US Open after Svitolina retired in 2nd set. And Garbine did a massive celebration, kind of Batista/Ultimate Warrior style.
By:
tinyelf54
When: 01 Mar 21 14:21
Does anyone know the last time West ham were in the champions league places at this stage of the season?....which year was it?....anyone know?
By:
edy
When: 01 Mar 21 17:54
The thing Iga has going for her, unlike Aga, is that she seems a very likeable lady.
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 01 Mar 21 19:05
yeah, it would be believable if she won the Fan Favorite Award.
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 01 Mar 21 19:06
Andy Murray losing again.
By:
edy
When: 01 Mar 21 19:47
Sad
By:
edy
When: 01 Mar 21 19:57
Finally took the time to figure out how to make it so that I can watch betfair WTA streams without using either

a) a second computer that runs a VPN
b) a virtual computer that runs a VPN
c) having all my traffic go through a VPN

Excited
By:
edy
When: 01 Mar 21 19:58
Forced by nando's scandalously removing their extra streaming page.
By:
wisewords
When: 01 Mar 21 20:51

Mar 1, 2021 -- 7:36AM, SamuelMertensBertens wrote:

I had a dream the other night that Garbine won US Open after Svitolina retired in 2nd set. And Garbine did a massive celebration, kind of Batista/Ultimate Warrior style.

Garbinje SMASH

By:
wisewords
When: 01 Mar 21 20:53

Mar 1, 2021 -- 1:58PM, edy wrote:

Forced by nando's scandalously removing their extra streaming page.

any idea why they did that?

By:
edy
When: 01 Mar 21 21:10
Because it was a feature used by people who didn't bet?

Or because they thought it kept people from betting if they had the extra video player open instead of constantly seeing the odds.
By:
wisewords
When: 01 Mar 21 21:10
Andy Love
By:
wisewords
When: 01 Mar 21 21:11

Mar 1, 2021 -- 3:10PM, edy wrote:

Because it was a feature used by people who didn't bet?Or because they thought it kept people from betting if they had the extra video player open instead of constantly seeing the odds.

Yup Sad

By:
edy
When: 01 Mar 21 21:12
They are also a bit silly. At the start of february they launched a new German website because they are now getting officially licensed and stuff.

They closed my old account, I opened a new one, but do you think they can be bothered transferring my 14€ or so over to the new account?
By:
wisewords
When: 01 Mar 21 21:13
edy what do you know about the young lad who won ATP Cordoba last week?
By:
wisewords
When: 01 Mar 21 21:15

Mar 1, 2021 -- 3:12PM, edy wrote:

They are also a bit silly. At the start of february they launched a new German website because they are now getting officially licensed and stuff. They closed my old account, I opened a new one, but do you think they can be bothered transferring my 14€ or so over to the new account?

I don't think they can be bothered

By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 01 Mar 21 21:17

Mar 1, 2021 -- 3:10PM, edy wrote:

Because it was a feature used by people who didn't bet?Or because they thought it kept people from betting if they had the extra video player open instead of constantly seeing the odds.

Sad

By:
SamuelMertensBertens
I just got into another war with them.
By:
wisewords
wow! St. Pauli like a bolt of lightning in the dark night sky!!
By:
wisewords
When: 01 Mar 21 21:18
they just totally owned the HSV
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 01 Mar 21 21:20

Mar 1, 2021 -- 3:13PM, wisewords wrote:

edy what do you know about the young lad who won ATP Cordoba last week?

two months too old to flag Sad

By:
wisewords
When: 01 Mar 21 21:20
Cerúndolo made his ATP main draw debut at the 2021 Córdoba Open where, as a qualifier, he won the title. The world number 335 was the fifth lowest ranked player to win an ATP title since 1990 and the youngest Argentine tennis player to win an ATP tournament since Guillermo Coria in 2001, and the first player to win a title in his debut ATP event since Santiago Ventura in 2004.
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 01 Mar 21 21:21
and the first player to win a title in his debut ATP event since Santiago Ventura in 2004.
and only the 5th player ever to do so.
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 01 Mar 21 21:24

Mar 1, 2021 -- 1:57PM, edy wrote:

Finally took the time to figure out how to make it so that I can watch betfair WTA streams without using eithera) a second computer that runs a VPNb) a virtual computer that runs a VPNc) having all my traffic go through a VPN

I can't believe they're such jerks to Germugs. I was always able to watch WTA on 365 when I lived in Sweden.

By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 01 Mar 21 21:34
What happened to Germug women's tennis btw?
~10 years ago:
Kerber on the rise. And became bonafide player, but has seen her best days.
Petko solid top 20 player, even flirted with top 10. Finnish now.
Jools. Promising, and lived up to her promise, but retired now.
Barthel, looked like the next big thing. Never happened.
Sabine. Accomplished some great things, but feels like she should have done more. Injuries have ruined her more recent years, and most likely finnish now.

Some other promising players like Witthoeft and Beck that faded into obscurity way too young. Siegemund came out of nowhere and has done well for herself, but reaching latter stages of her career.

Any reason to think a new generation will emerge?
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 01 Mar 21 21:35
Italian women's tennis also not able to capitalize on golden generation.
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 01 Mar 21 21:43
https://www.tennisnet.com/en/news/young-talent-problem-in-german-women-s-tennis-the-big-gap-behind-the-golden-generation
Annika Beck from Bonn, one of the best in the world as a junior, said irrevocably goodbye to professional tennis and instead began studying medicine. Antonia Lottner, who was also among the top tennis players in the world as a teenager, has disappeared into no man's land, she is currently ranked 173 in the world. There is no German player under 30 among the top 100 of the WTA charts, the best German under 25, the 22-year-old Katharina Gerlach, even only appears at position 243. There is no longer any sign of German Sturm und Drang under the age of 20, as was once the case with Steffi Graf. And this also fits into the frustrating overall picture, the sad story of Sabine Lisicki from Berlin, who is repeatedly plagued by injuries and the Wimbledon finalist from 2013. The physically ailing top force of yore is ranked 687 with a world ranking point, comeback very uncertain .

DTB department head Barbara Rittner had already identified a “frightening overall picture” for her work area in 2019 and earlier this season. She is afraid of the moment "when the Kerbers and Görges´ will leave". And you have to admit that "the connection to the international top level has been lost." Rittner is now already relying on the very young, the 16 to 18 year old players. “Miracles are not to be expected at first, we need a lot of patience”, she says, “we will definitely offer you full throttle support for your career.” The goal? "Introduce the best talents to professional operations as quickly and as carefully as possible."

forgot about Lottner. Another one that went nowhere.
By:
edy
When: 01 Mar 21 21:49

Mar 1, 2021 -- 3:24PM, SamuelMertensBertens wrote:

Mar  1, 2021 --  8:57PM, edy wrote:Finally took the time to figure out how to make it so that I can watch betfair WTA streams without using eithera) a second computer that runs a VPNb) a virtual computer that runs a VPNc) having all my traffic go through a VPNI can't believe they're such jerks to Germugs. I was always able to watch WTA on 365 when I lived in Sweden.

I can watch on 365. BF doesn't serve WTA to me (normally)

By:
edy
When: 01 Mar 21 21:49
Can't tell you anything about Cerundolo
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 01 Mar 21 22:32

Mar 1, 2021 -- 3:49PM, edy wrote:

Mar  1, 2021 -- 10:24PM, SamuelMertensBertens wrote:Mar

By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 01 Mar 21 22:32