Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
SamuelMertensBertens
01 Nov 20 17:15
| Topic/replies: 16,961 | Blogger: SamuelMertensBertens's blog
Only one main tour tournament this week. No Novak, no Thiem, some other players have withdrawn as well. Rafa is first seed.
Pause Switch to Standard View Tennis Talk 2020: Vol 20 (Paris)
Show More
Report SamuelMertensBertens November 1, 2020 10:11 PM GMT
Will there be any exhibition tennis in the upcoming weeks/months? It does seem a bit pointless in a pandemic, but I see the Mubadala tournament still being scheduled.
Report n88uk November 2, 2020 11:05 AM GMT
How can you play Mubadala tournament in its usual slot when you have to be in Aus by Dec 17th to play week 1.
Report n88uk November 2, 2020 11:07 AM GMT
I don't know the answer to your q but given we saw lots of stuff over the summer probably. However I guess indoors an issues, especially as one of the usual ones is like Czech Extraliga and I do not imagine that is allowed right now.
Report n88uk November 2, 2020 12:32 PM GMT
https://twitter.com/MatterTipTennis/status/1323240658572873728

LaughLaughLaugh
Report n88uk November 2, 2020 6:11 PM GMT
What a mug Felix.
Report Angoose November 3, 2020 1:06 PM GMT
The Ladies European Tour has postponed two tournaments which were due to be held in Australia in February.

The Geoff King Motors Australian Ladies Classic and the Women's NSW Open have been rescheduled for 2022.

Ongoing travel restrictions remain in place for Australia as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.

"We are disappointed to postpone both popular tournaments for the coming year," said the tour's chief executive Alexandra Armas.

"Our players have become used to starting their season in Australia, so it was an extremely difficult decision for us to break an established Tour tradition."

Don't shoot the messenger Scared
Report n88uk November 3, 2020 1:42 PM GMT
Moutet tested postive for covid so Cilic has a walkover. Given Moutet played yesterday doesn't seem great.
Report n88uk November 3, 2020 1:43 PM GMT
AO will go ahead Angoose as money will dictate it does.
Report Angoose November 3, 2020 2:50 PM GMT
The 2021 Tour Down Under in Australia has been cancelled because of concerns around the spread of coronavirus.

The race was scheduled to take place in Adelaide between 14 and 24 January. Sad
Report Angoose November 3, 2020 4:19 PM GMT
Evans also confirmed he plans to work on a trial basis with Australian coach Chris Johnstone when he arrives down under next month.

Johnstone is a former top 100 player who has worked with Gigi Fernandez and Wayne Ferreira.

"He was pretty much the first person I thought could do the job, just because I had spoken to him before, and I liked the way he thought about tennis and worked," Evans added.
Report Angoose November 4, 2020 8:33 PM GMT
Rafael Nadal became the fourth player to record 1,000 ATP Tour wins with victory over fellow Spaniard Feliciano Lopez at the Paris Masters.

American legend Jimmy Connors leads with 1,274, followed by Nadal's long-time rival Roger Federer (1.242) and Czech great Ivan Lendl (1,068).
Report edy November 4, 2020 9:43 PM GMT
I have just the addition to that, Angoose! ATP feature on Rafa's journey to the magic 1,000.

https://www.atptour.com/en/news/rafael-nadal-journey-to-1000-wins
Report ts November 5, 2020 12:12 PM GMT
Haha. so plandemic is a real PANDEMIC? Ok sure I dont want to be censored. IT´s THE MOST HORRIFIC DISEASE EVER. HAIL BILL GATES. Just watching De Minaur match and thought about posting how the chair umpire Lahyani once again overruled a call only to be overruled back by the hawk-eye.. Is this below english as 2nd language level muslim only allowed to be in this chair because he´s a SWEDISH moslem who isn´t blowing up stuff?
Report edy November 5, 2020 1:57 PM GMT
No Swede hating on my watch, please.
Report SamuelMertensBertens November 5, 2020 5:30 PM GMT
Happy
Report nofx November 5, 2020 8:11 PM GMT
way to avoid monster odds by playing this set in the wrong order, Zverev
Report SamuelMertensBertens November 6, 2020 4:25 PM GMT
https://twitter.com/WTALinz/status/1324746690465812485/photo/1
OMG Sabine playing Linz qualifying.
Report nofx November 6, 2020 5:03 PM GMT
Atp choking hard again
Report Angoose November 7, 2020 12:00 PM GMT
(Reuters) - Novak Djokovic has sealed the year-end men’s world number one tennis ranking for the sixth time to go level with childhood hero Pete Sampras after closest rival Rafael Nadal opted against playing in the ATP Tour event in Sofia next week.

Spain’s 20-time Grand Slam champion Nadal, ranked second, was the only player who had a chance to stop the Serbian from finishing as the top-ranked player in 2020.

“Pete was somebody I looked up to when I was growing up, so to match his record is a dream come true” Djokovic said in an ATP statement.

“I will also keep striving to be a better player, hopefully have more success and break more records in a sport I love with all my heart.”
Report nofx November 7, 2020 2:41 PM GMT
what a mug Raonic/Medvedev
Report nofx November 7, 2020 2:50 PM GMT
you know times are rough when you got to get your fix from indoor qualifiers; challenger mens doubles & an election that's been over for a week
Report edy November 7, 2020 5:16 PM GMT
Done worse Scared
Report nofx November 7, 2020 5:29 PM GMT
tbf on them the Eckental doubles was an epic
Report n88uk November 7, 2020 5:31 PM GMT
Oh no, ATP and Paris accounts hadn't wanted to mention Zverev this week, might have to mention him now he made the final.
Report nofx November 7, 2020 5:40 PM GMT
yeah Rafa really screwed the pooch there

came back from 2-4 *0-40 too. but Sacha super determined about controlling the media. there's parallel or two to be made but I don't want to politicize this part of the forum
Report nofx November 8, 2020 10:33 AM GMT
Linz qualifiers ftw
Report Angoose November 8, 2020 11:14 AM GMT
Australia's Nick Kyrgios says he was in a "lonely, dark place" after suffering with depression while on tour.

The 25-year-old has not played since February after limiting his travel because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Kyrgios, who began to see a psychologist in 2018, said people were not aware how lonely tennis could be.

"I felt like no-one wanted to know me as a person, they just wanted to get a hold of me as a tennis player and use me," he told Sydney's Sunday Telegraph.

Kyrgios described an incident in Shanghai where he "didn't want to see the light of day".

"A lot of people were putting pressure on me and I put a lot of pressure on myself," he said.

"I just lost joy for the game and I was spiralling out of control."

Kyrgios has often been criticised for his on-court behaviour.

He was given a suspended 16-week ban and fined $25,000 (£20,300) in September 2019 because of "aggregated behaviour".

He had received a number of fines before that for his conduct.

"I fell into depression because of the things I thought I had to be," Kyrgios added.

"I was afraid to go out and talk to people because I thought I'd let them down because I wasn't winning matches."
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com