Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Angoose
10 Jun 20 11:48
| Topic/replies: 20,732 | Blogger: Angoose's blog
Roger Federer will miss the rest of 2020 after further knee surgery
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/jun/10/roger-federer-will-miss-the-rest-of-2020-after-further-knee-surgery

Roger Federer has ruled out a return to tennis until next year after revealing he has undergone further surgery on his right knee.

Federer, who will be 39 in August, has not played since his Australian Open semi-final defeat to Novak Djokovic in January and had his first bout of surgery the following month. The tennis season is under lockdown owing to the coronavirus pandemic and Federer has written off returning until the new year.

In a message on his social media channels Federer wrote: “A few weeks ago, having experienced a setback during my initial rehabilitation, I had to have an additional quick arthroscopic procedure on my right knee.

“Now, much like I did leading up to the 2017 season, I plan to take the necessary time to be 100% ready to play at my highest level. I will be missing my fans and the tour dearly but I will look forward to seeing everyone back on tour at the start of the 2021 season.”

Federer’s decision mirrors the premature ending of his season because of the same injury in 2016, returning to win two more grand-slam titles the following year.

The ATP Tour is shut down until at least the end of July, with the US Open and French Open set for a hectic back-to-back schedule in August and September.

Federer’s absence is another blow to the sport, with Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal having cast doubt on the wisdom of staging the US Open during the health crisis.

Djokovic this week called the quarantine restrictions for New York “quite extreme” and intimated he could delay his return until Paris the following month.
Pause Switch to Standard View Roger Federer Will Miss The Rest Of 2020
Show More
Report wisewords June 10, 2020 3:28 PM BST
Shocked
Report EatMySalada June 10, 2020 10:16 PM BST
Maybe his friend Gates said a new wave of covid was released from melissa's lab so plenty of time to recover
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com