Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Fashion Fever
20 Apr 20 15:37
| Topic/replies: 3,317 | Blogger: Fashion Fever's blog
may walk away if forced to be vaccinated
Pause Switch to Standard View djocko says he's an anti vaxxer
Show More
Report Angoose April 20, 2020 3:39 PM BST
Novak Djokovic has revealed he is an anti-vaxxer and that it could get in the way of his return to competitive tennis once the sport resumes from the coronavirus pandemic.

The men's tennis world number one admitted his opposition to vaccinations, saying "I wouldn't want to be forced by someone to take a vaccine" and that if it were made compulsory he would have to make a decision.

Prominent figures in tennis have said all players should be vaccinated when competition starts again, provided a vaccination against COVID-19 is produced by then.

But speaking during a live Facebook discussion with several fellow Serbian athletes, Djokovic said: "Personally I am opposed to vaccination and I wouldn't want to be forced by someone to take a vaccine in order to be able to travel.

"But if it becomes compulsory, what will happen? I will have to make a decision.

"I have my own thoughts about the matter and whether those thoughts will change at some point, I don't know.

"Hypothetically, if the season was to resume in July, August or September, though unlikely, I understand that a vaccine will become a requirement straight after we are out of strict quarantine and there is no vaccine yet."

Amelie Mauresmo, herself a former women's tennis world number one, has said the sport should not resume unless players can be vaccinated, although scientists have repeatedly said that could be a year away and may not ever materialise.

Dual grand slam winner Mauresmo last month tweeted: "International circuit players of all nationalities plus management, spectators and people from the four corners of the world who bring these events to life. No vaccine = no tennis."

The COVID-19 outbreak has seen tennis governing bodies suspend all tournaments until 13 July at the earliest.

Wimbledon has been cancelled for the first time since the Second World War, and the French Open has been put back four months until late September.

The main agencies which work to promote vaccination say they have been highly successful at saving lives in the last few years.

Much of the scepticism around vaccination stems from a discredited study by British surgeon Andrew Wakefield that erroneously linked autism to the MMR vaccine. That study has been retracted, and nine years ago Wakefield was struck off the UK medical registry.
Report Angoose April 20, 2020 3:40 PM BST
Tune in next week when he will explain that the world is flat Shocked
Report Platini April 20, 2020 3:51 PM BST
Disappointing to hear but not totally surprising. there seems to be a link between vegans and anti-vaxxers.
Report Angoose April 20, 2020 6:27 PM BST
Off on a wee tangent, but very possible that COVID-19 will retire Federer Shocked
Report Platini April 20, 2020 7:26 PM BST
Unfortunate for Fed, but probably true.

on the plus side, the virus has killed off any tiny hope (and it was tiny anyway) of big Mamma catching Court's record. Cool
Report wisewords April 20, 2020 8:29 PM BST

Apr 20, 2020 -- 7:27PM, Angoose wrote:

Off on a wee tangent, but very possible that COVID-19 will retire Federer

Sad

Report wondersobright April 20, 2020 9:14 PM BST

Apr 20, 2020 -- 4:40PM, Angoose wrote:

Tune in next week when he will explain that the world is flat

heaven forbid anybody having a different view on vaccines to you

Report Angoose April 20, 2020 9:41 PM BST
Did I touch a raw nerve Confused
Report wondersobright April 20, 2020 10:01 PM BST
no just highlighting what a ridiculous statement you've made
Report Angoose April 20, 2020 10:09 PM BST
You making the forum rules now Confused
Report wondersobright April 20, 2020 10:12 PM BST
grow up ffs
Report Angoose April 20, 2020 10:22 PM BST
If I didn’t know better, I might think that you believe in conspiracy theories.
Report wondersobright April 20, 2020 10:29 PM BST
wrong again, I believe in establishing facts & questioning everything we are told
Report wondersobright April 20, 2020 10:30 PM BST
I also believe in freedom of speech & human rights

...which includes the right to refuse a vaccine
Report Angoose April 20, 2020 10:31 PM BST
Just not my free speech.
Report wondersobright April 20, 2020 10:32 PM BST
have I denied your fs?
Report Angoose April 20, 2020 11:03 PM BST
So, let’s look at this thread.

Opening poster created a thread, but didn’t provide the detail or a link.
I then copied and pasted the story from a website and added it to the thread for the benefit of others.

I added a further one line post that was clearly a throwaway line.

You subsequently read the thread and make a contribution, quoting a further post that I had made regarding the possibility that we may not see Federer play competitively again due to the COVID crisis.

Forty five minutes later, you make a further post, this time quoting my throwaway line.
For some reason, it has upset you.

Quite why it caused you such distress, I really wouldn’t like to guess.
But I suspect it isn’t simply the throwaway line.

We then engage in a p1ssing contest.
Report Angoose April 20, 2020 11:04 PM BST
A reasonable summary Confused
Report wondersobright April 20, 2020 11:07 PM BST
Forty five minutes later, you make a further post, this time quoting my throwaway line.
For some reason, it has upset you.

Quite why it caused you such distress, I really wouldn’t like to guess.

Laugh oh dear
Report wondersobright April 20, 2020 11:07 PM BST
keep taking them pills angoose good night
Report Angoose April 20, 2020 11:15 PM BST
So it didn’t upset you ?
Report EatMySalada April 21, 2020 2:22 PM BST
Talking about 'no vax' in those terms is nonsense
It's not about what a vaccine grants or makes you sick, it's about the right freedom to choose , expecially something implanted in your own body
If you pretend to set a mandatory vaccine , so a generic healt purpose, people can force you to NOT use your car for example, which undoubtedly cause many breath damages
Report EatMySalada April 21, 2020 2:35 PM BST
I had a position before with no vax totally wrong and 'mad' people
Now i'm just thinking about a freedom to will and decide, that's called democracy .
It wouldnt be a problem if big pharma werent profitable , that's reasonably impossible however
A vaccine cannot be the 'perfect' solution, but the cheapest solution for them. So it s implicit that they have to rely in the best molecular product for making money regardless some other effects that are unknown
For that reason, i would say everybody could be in position to say the opposite but proofless as modern medicine it's great on molecular biology but lacks great on the view of the entire body system (really complicated honestly)
Report edy April 22, 2020 9:13 PM BST

Apr 20, 2020 -- 10:41PM, Angoose wrote:

Did I touch a raw nerve

On politics or chit chat somewhere he said the other day that it's all bollocks, vaccines are an evil plot and viruses can only be contracted through injection anyway. Upon my friendly suggestion to go lick a few toilet seats (see corona challenge) to test his hypothesis, the terribly thin-skinned wondersobright immediately blocked me.

Report wondersobright April 22, 2020 10:09 PM BST
no edy I blocked you because you are unbelievably dumb
how about bacterial infections????
exactly
Report wondersobright April 22, 2020 10:12 PM BST
btw posts still show on front page from blocked users
Report edy April 22, 2020 10:21 PM BST
What about bacterial infections?
Report wisewords April 22, 2020 10:32 PM BST
oh it's on!
Report edy April 22, 2020 10:35 PM BST
I always take it as a heavy affront if someone uses multiple consecutive question or exclamation marks in a reply to me. There is no way back now.
Report wisewords April 22, 2020 10:51 PM BST
edy officially heavily affronted.
Report Angoose April 23, 2020 12:28 AM BST
So I did touch a raw nerve.
Just glad that I didn’t mention toilet seats, that would really have put the lid on it Grin
Report nofx April 23, 2020 10:43 AM BST
A day in the park with mormon antivaxxers

https://old.reddit.com/r/WinStupidPrizes/comments/g65lwp/pack_of_karens_told_to_leave_park_locked_down/

Later that day

https://old.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/g69sul/protesters_gather_outside_of_officers_home/
Report nofx April 23, 2020 10:45 AM BST
In before you are too lazy to read a wee bit but do want to share your opinion on this, staged, event

" Mr. Cowboy Hat is in fact Ammon Bundy. I googled just to make sure I remembered who that was and sure enough, he was behind the whole thing. The moms at the playground was a staged protest. Here's the article. Here is an excerpt: "

Walton Brady then asks one of the officers to arrest her, and the officer obliges. “Someone call the Idaho Freedom Foundation right now and get them on the phone!” Walton Brady screams, referring to the right-wing organization funded in part by a dark money group linked to the billionaire Koch brothers.

The 'He arrested me after I asked him to arrest me'-mom previously had her kid denied daycare or education because she refuses basic vaccinations

Her in-law was quick to point that out on facebook and that she's generally an idiot, this time using kids as protest signs because she's prone to being astroturfed, but I think maybe that was removed per doxxing rules
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com