Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Angoose
03 Jan 20 13:58
| Topic/replies: 24,312 | Blogger: Angoose's blog
In 2020, Amazon will bring more live sport to Prime with coverage of the ATP and WTA Tours, plus the US Open. That’s 87 tournaments for fans to enjoy throughout the year.

Prime members in the UK & Ireland can watch the world's best tennis professionals fighting it out for titles and rankings points, all included with Prime. Your exclusive access includes:

•    Top tennis coverage all in one place
•    Live and on demand coverage including match replays and highlights
•    Watch on the go or at home with the Prime Video app on your Smart TV, streaming device, mobile or tablet. Find out more here.

An exciting new tournament kicks off this week with the ATP Cup live 3 - 12 January. Watch 24 countries compete over 10 intense days. Check out the full coverage schedule and start watching today.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=16184708031&ref_=BT_Seefullschedule

The delay experienced last year was around 45 seconds.

This was also the case for the first batch of EPL matches broadcast by Amazon in December.
However, the delay was reduced to around 25 seconds for the second batch.

Will perform a test later to see if the delay reduction has also been applied to tennis.
Pause Switch to Standard View Amazon Taking Over The World Of Tennis
Show More
Report doridoru January 3, 2020 3:40 PM GMT
Yes a sorry state for tennis traders and fans of live tennis...a bit quicker but still way behind...

How on earth did we end up with ZERO tennis on Sky and BT when they were the best at it...cancelling both tomorrow and tell them to shove their football and wrestling!!!!
Report wisewords January 3, 2020 5:09 PM GMT
Sad
Report wisewords January 3, 2020 5:09 PM GMT
we've still got AO on ES, RG on ITV and Wimbledon on the BBC Blush
Report doridoru January 3, 2020 8:34 PM GMT

Jan 3, 2020 -- 11:09AM, wisewords wrote:

we've still got AO on ES, RG on ITV and Wimbledon on the BBC

Yeah nice to still have them, and literally the only thing I will ever watch on the BBC again, the red button and coverage is brilliant.

Report wisewords January 3, 2020 8:39 PM GMT
Happy
Report SamuelMertensBertens January 4, 2020 1:09 AM GMT
what about Queens and the O2?
Report wisewords January 4, 2020 1:27 AM GMT
both on the BBC too hopefully
Report GRANTCKING January 4, 2020 5:30 PM GMT

Jan 3, 2020 -- 2:34PM, doridoru wrote:

Jan  3, 2020 --  5:09PM, wisewords wrote:we've still got AO on ES, RG on ITV and Wimbledon on the BBCYeah nice to still have them, and literally the only thing I will ever watch on the BBC again, the red button and coverage is brilliant.

The only thing I hate about the red button is they don't stream all the courts in hd which in this day and age is a joke

Report GRANTCKING January 4, 2020 5:33 PM GMT
Interested to hear what the latest delay is for prime, I've got a voucher for 12 months of Amazon prime for free, tried to sell it but couldn't find anyone that pays for prime to but it even with a good discount, must have asked over 200 people, prime not as popular as they would have use believe, so anyway looks like I'm stuck with it
Report doridoru January 7, 2020 11:14 AM GMT
3 POINTS BEHIND, NOTHING BEEN DONE AT ALL, TRULY TERRIBLE AND DESTROYED TENNIS COVERAGE!
Report GRANTCKING January 7, 2020 5:19 PM GMT
Cry 3 points
Report GRANTCKING January 7, 2020 5:19 PM GMT
amazon is a hilarious company
Report aaronh January 7, 2020 5:31 PM GMT
Rise up against Amazon, comrades
Report GRANTCKING January 7, 2020 5:34 PM GMT
do we know yet which idiots at the ATP and WTA sanctioned this move to prime (which almost nobody pays for)
Report SamuelMertensBertens January 7, 2020 7:04 PM GMT

Jan 7, 2020 -- 11:31AM, aaronh wrote:

Rise up against Amazon, comrades

how do we do this?

Report SamuelMertensBertens January 7, 2020 7:22 PM GMT
“As soon as the opportunity to bid for the women’s tennis rights became available, we couldn’t wait to bring the tournament to Prime Video, giving customers the chance to watch the best in both women’s and men’s tennis all in one place for the first time,” said Alex Green, European MD of Sport at Amazon Prime Video. “We are excited to be the home of tennis and will offer viewers the most comprehensive coverage, at no extra cost to their Prime membership.”

Micky Lawler, WTA President said: “We are thrilled that Amazon Prime Video will offer the best of women’s tennis and showcase our premium events and world-class players to millions of fans across the UK and Ireland. We have been so impressed by their vision for our sport and are confident the Prime Video team will be a great partner of the WTA.”

yuk
Report wisewords January 7, 2020 8:01 PM GMT
Sad
Report doridoru January 7, 2020 9:59 PM GMT
CryCry
Report rob999 January 8, 2020 11:41 PM GMT
For what its worth whomever has estimated this as 3 points must be expecting speed tennis.

I have a 23-24 second delay between the market and pictures.
Report doridoru January 9, 2020 10:23 AM GMT
It's a total disgrace to buy up all the tennis then show it a minute behind when bet365 prove it can be done much better, all Amazon help do is blame peoples internet etc when they fully well know its their 5hit service!!!
Report Angoose January 12, 2020 10:10 AM GMT
I measured yesterday and the delay was less than 20 seconds, will perform a test on Nadal v Djokovic later …..
Report SamuelMertensBertens January 12, 2020 10:13 AM GMT
it's slightly over 20 seconds. But 20 seconds or 40 seconds doesn't matter, both options are useless for betting purposes.
Report Angoose January 12, 2020 10:14 AM GMT
Amazon's priority is on providing the best possible quality of picture in a manner that minimises the possibility of transmission breaks.
To be fair, they have achieved that whilst also demonstrating that they are working to reduce the delay.
Report Angoose January 12, 2020 10:16 AM GMT
17 second delay between B365 on my ipad and Amazon on my tv as measured on the 30-40 point
Report Angoose January 12, 2020 10:19 AM GMT
I then suffered a transmission break on my tv Cry
Restrated and remeasured at 16 seconds.
Report SamuelMertensBertens January 12, 2020 10:21 AM GMT
reducing to 20-25 seconds is one thing. I don't see them getting it down to an acceptable range ever. All streaming service with great picture quality, whether it be tennis tv, nfl's official streaming service, nba's etc as well as tv companies streaming online such as Eurosport player have this kind of delay and that's been the case for over 10 years. It's just not a priority for them to have short letancy since only a very small percentage of the population (we) care about it.
Report SamuelMertensBertens January 12, 2020 10:26 AM GMT
let's just hope they don't insist on exclusive rights so betting sites can no longer show them. I did find out (not through Betfair) that Betfair did not buy the rights to ATP Cup whereas Bet 365 and Will Hill did.
Report GRANTCKING January 12, 2020 4:55 PM GMT
angoose what method are u getting the prime through the TV? is it by firestick, andorid box or do u have a smart tv and using the built in app?
Report GRANTCKING January 12, 2020 4:58 PM GMT
someone told me months ago that the firestick gets faster pics than using the smart tv app, havent had anyone back this up tho
Report SamuelMertensBertens January 13, 2020 8:09 AM GMT

I was having Twitter open during the Serbia vs Spain doubles and as the mp was being played on Amazon prime, my twitter TL was alredy filled with posts congratulating Serbia on the win.
Report doridoru January 20, 2020 11:44 AM GMT
What a joy to be able to put a tv sports channel and live tennis to be on, Eurosport only a few seconds behind and tradeable, Amazon should return the rights pronto!
Report Darlo Bantam January 20, 2020 9:43 PM GMT

Jan 12, 2020 -- 4:21AM, SamuelMertensBertens wrote:

reducing to 20-25 seconds is one thing. I don't see them getting it down to an acceptable range ever. All streaming service with great picture quality, whether it be tennis tv, nfl's official streaming service, nba's etc as well as tv companies streaming online such as Eurosport player have this kind of delay and that's been the case for over 10 years. It's just not a priority for them to have short letancy since only a very small percentage of the population (we) care about it.

Even horse racing on ITV/C4 has a significant stream delay. The sport is set up for betting so if they can't manage a short delay there, they won't anywhere else. Live sports is not there for the betting audience.

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com