Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Angoose
03 Jan 20 13:58
| Topic/replies: 24,312 | Blogger: Angoose's blog
In 2020, Amazon will bring more live sport to Prime with coverage of the ATP and WTA Tours, plus the US Open. That’s 87 tournaments for fans to enjoy throughout the year.

Prime members in the UK & Ireland can watch the world's best tennis professionals fighting it out for titles and rankings points, all included with Prime. Your exclusive access includes:

•    Top tennis coverage all in one place
•    Live and on demand coverage including match replays and highlights
•    Watch on the go or at home with the Prime Video app on your Smart TV, streaming device, mobile or tablet. Find out more here.

An exciting new tournament kicks off this week with the ATP Cup live 3 - 12 January. Watch 24 countries compete over 10 intense days. Check out the full coverage schedule and start watching today.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=16184708031&ref_=BT_Seefullschedule

The delay experienced last year was around 45 seconds.

This was also the case for the first batch of EPL matches broadcast by Amazon in December.
However, the delay was reduced to around 25 seconds for the second batch.

Will perform a test later to see if the delay reduction has also been applied to tennis.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 32
By:
doridoru
When: 03 Jan 20 15:40
Yes a sorry state for tennis traders and fans of live tennis...a bit quicker but still way behind...

How on earth did we end up with ZERO tennis on Sky and BT when they were the best at it...cancelling both tomorrow and tell them to shove their football and wrestling!!!!
By:
wisewords
When: 03 Jan 20 17:09
Sad
By:
wisewords
When: 03 Jan 20 17:09
we've still got AO on ES, RG on ITV and Wimbledon on the BBC Blush
By:
doridoru
When: 03 Jan 20 20:34

Jan 3, 2020 -- 11:09AM, wisewords wrote:

we've still got AO on ES, RG on ITV and Wimbledon on the BBC

Yeah nice to still have them, and literally the only thing I will ever watch on the BBC again, the red button and coverage is brilliant.

By:
wisewords
When: 03 Jan 20 20:39
Happy
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 04 Jan 20 01:09
what about Queens and the O2?
By:
wisewords
When: 04 Jan 20 01:27
both on the BBC too hopefully
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 04 Jan 20 17:30

Jan 3, 2020 -- 2:34PM, doridoru wrote:

Jan  3, 2020 --  5:09PM, wisewords wrote:we've still got AO on ES, RG on ITV and Wimbledon on the BBCYeah nice to still have them, and literally the only thing I will ever watch on the BBC again, the red button and coverage is brilliant.

The only thing I hate about the red button is they don't stream all the courts in hd which in this day and age is a joke

By:
GRANTCKING
When: 04 Jan 20 17:33
Interested to hear what the latest delay is for prime, I've got a voucher for 12 months of Amazon prime for free, tried to sell it but couldn't find anyone that pays for prime to but it even with a good discount, must have asked over 200 people, prime not as popular as they would have use believe, so anyway looks like I'm stuck with it
By:
doridoru
When: 07 Jan 20 11:14
3 POINTS BEHIND, NOTHING BEEN DONE AT ALL, TRULY TERRIBLE AND DESTROYED TENNIS COVERAGE!
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 07 Jan 20 17:19
Cry 3 points
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 07 Jan 20 17:19
amazon is a hilarious company
By:
aaronh
When: 07 Jan 20 17:31
Rise up against Amazon, comrades
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 07 Jan 20 17:34
do we know yet which idiots at the ATP and WTA sanctioned this move to prime (which almost nobody pays for)
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 07 Jan 20 19:04

Jan 7, 2020 -- 11:31AM, aaronh wrote:

Rise up against Amazon, comrades

how do we do this?

By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 07 Jan 20 19:22
“As soon as the opportunity to bid for the women’s tennis rights became available, we couldn’t wait to bring the tournament to Prime Video, giving customers the chance to watch the best in both women’s and men’s tennis all in one place for the first time,” said Alex Green, European MD of Sport at Amazon Prime Video. “We are excited to be the home of tennis and will offer viewers the most comprehensive coverage, at no extra cost to their Prime membership.”

Micky Lawler, WTA President said: “We are thrilled that Amazon Prime Video will offer the best of women’s tennis and showcase our premium events and world-class players to millions of fans across the UK and Ireland. We have been so impressed by their vision for our sport and are confident the Prime Video team will be a great partner of the WTA.”

yuk
By:
wisewords
When: 07 Jan 20 20:01
Sad
By:
doridoru
When: 07 Jan 20 21:59
CryCry
By:
rob999
When: 08 Jan 20 23:41
For what its worth whomever has estimated this as 3 points must be expecting speed tennis.

I have a 23-24 second delay between the market and pictures.
By:
doridoru
When: 09 Jan 20 10:23
It's a total disgrace to buy up all the tennis then show it a minute behind when bet365 prove it can be done much better, all Amazon help do is blame peoples internet etc when they fully well know its their 5hit service!!!
By:
Angoose
When: 12 Jan 20 10:10
I measured yesterday and the delay was less than 20 seconds, will perform a test on Nadal v Djokovic later …..
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 12 Jan 20 10:13
it's slightly over 20 seconds. But 20 seconds or 40 seconds doesn't matter, both options are useless for betting purposes.
By:
Angoose
When: 12 Jan 20 10:14
Amazon's priority is on providing the best possible quality of picture in a manner that minimises the possibility of transmission breaks.
To be fair, they have achieved that whilst also demonstrating that they are working to reduce the delay.
By:
Angoose
When: 12 Jan 20 10:16
17 second delay between B365 on my ipad and Amazon on my tv as measured on the 30-40 point
By:
Angoose
When: 12 Jan 20 10:19
I then suffered a transmission break on my tv Cry
Restrated and remeasured at 16 seconds.
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 12 Jan 20 10:21
reducing to 20-25 seconds is one thing. I don't see them getting it down to an acceptable range ever. All streaming service with great picture quality, whether it be tennis tv, nfl's official streaming service, nba's etc as well as tv companies streaming online such as Eurosport player have this kind of delay and that's been the case for over 10 years. It's just not a priority for them to have short letancy since only a very small percentage of the population (we) care about it.
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 12 Jan 20 10:26
let's just hope they don't insist on exclusive rights so betting sites can no longer show them. I did find out (not through Betfair) that Betfair did not buy the rights to ATP Cup whereas Bet 365 and Will Hill did.
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 12 Jan 20 16:55
angoose what method are u getting the prime through the TV? is it by firestick, andorid box or do u have a smart tv and using the built in app?
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 12 Jan 20 16:58
someone told me months ago that the firestick gets faster pics than using the smart tv app, havent had anyone back this up tho
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 13 Jan 20 08:09

I was having Twitter open during the Serbia vs Spain doubles and as the mp was being played on Amazon prime, my twitter TL was alredy filled with posts congratulating Serbia on the win.
By:
doridoru
When: 20 Jan 20 11:44
What a joy to be able to put a tv sports channel and live tennis to be on, Eurosport only a few seconds behind and tradeable, Amazon should return the rights pronto!
By:
Darlo Bantam
When: 20 Jan 20 21:43

Jan 12, 2020 -- 4:21AM, SamuelMertensBertens wrote:

reducing to 20-25 seconds is one thing. I don't see them getting it down to an acceptable range ever. All streaming service with great picture quality, whether it be tennis tv, nfl's official streaming service, nba's etc as well as tv companies streaming online such as Eurosport player have this kind of delay and that's been the case for over 10 years. It's just not a priority for them to have short letancy since only a very small percentage of the population (we) care about it.

Even horse racing on ITV/C4 has a significant stream delay. The sport is set up for betting so if they can't manage a short delay there, they won't anywhere else. Live sports is not there for the betting audience.

sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com