Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stu
12 Jul 19 10:43
| Topic/replies: 15,140 | Blogger: stu's blog
Ok, tried and failed to get the previous shortie (Rafa) beat, but I think it's worth another go with Djoker today.

Even shorter at 1.1 to lay.

His opponent has beaten him twice this year - has to play on Djokers mind here. I don't think he's foot perfect (dropping the set in an earlier game) and BA is playing out of his skin in this tournament.
This is the game of his life, so guess that could work two ways of course, but at these prices I'll take that risk. If it inspires him then he will be very tough to beat for Djoker.

Close match my prediction, so at least an easy trade out if so.
Pause Switch to Standard View Another shortie beat attempt....Djoker
Show More
Report darren_discombobulates_sports July 12, 2019 12:01 PM BST
I think it will be 3-0 Novak, possible rba will get stage fright, he's definitely a good player though but a fully motivated djokovic I cannot see losing
Report stu July 12, 2019 12:05 PM BST
It is a possibility he gets stage fright, but really he's got no pressure on him in many ways, so could just go for it here.

Djoko has already spoken about how BAs game seems to play well on grass also. He had Federer in lots of trouble recently on grass.
Report stu July 12, 2019 12:24 PM BST
A key to this match up is the Djoko's usual strengths are less effective - he won't beat him on consistency of shot for example as BA is just as good at that. The slower courts and lower bounces of grass are also suiting BA perfectly this year.

Of course if BA completely chokes here it will be simply game over - but I don't see that a necessarily likely. This could turn into a real slog for the shortie, with very close sets.
Report Angoose July 12, 2019 12:36 PM BST
In their most recent match in Miami, Djokovic played at an incredible level in the first set, crushing Roberto 6-1, missing a set point for 6-0.
The Djokovic dominance continued in the second set, breaking Roberto in the first game before being immediately broken back.

What impressed me about Roberto was his calm demeanour throughout the match.
If he can reproduce that today, he can certainly cope with an early whirlwind performance by Djokovic.

If I was playing pre-match, I'd be a layer rather than a backer of Djokovic.
Report Angoose July 12, 2019 12:37 PM BST
Still think Djokovic will emerge victorious, but will trade much higher than SP.
Report stu July 12, 2019 12:51 PM BST
I agree I don't think BA will be at all bothered if he drops the first set for instance - the effect on Djoker if same though....?
Report nofx July 12, 2019 12:57 PM BST
very much doubt he beats him over 5 but the price is retarded none the less
Report stu July 12, 2019 1:49 PM BST
Big test on now.
Report Angoose July 12, 2019 1:53 PM BST
Statement of the obvious, but needs to find a way to hold his serve whilst waiting for Djoko’s level to drop.
Report Angoose July 12, 2019 1:58 PM BST
Hold to love will do for a starter.
0 15. 0 30. 15 30. 15 40  and there’s the break
Report stu July 12, 2019 1:59 PM BST
Nice break Cool
Report stu July 12, 2019 2:30 PM BST
Novak looking just a little sweaty, in a couple of ways, to my eyes now...
Report stu July 12, 2019 2:36 PM BST
Game on.
Report Angoose July 12, 2019 2:36 PM BST
Had chances for additional breaks, now needs to serve it out.
15 0. 15 15. 30 15  30 30. 40 30. Nice net cord, job done.

One set all.
Report stu July 12, 2019 3:44 PM BST
Looking tough now, but good effort 2nd set
Report Angoose July 12, 2019 4:00 PM BST
Yeah, needed to roll through the second set quicker, get the double break and take a lead in set three.
Wriggling away though, doesn't want to let go of the hook Grin
Report stu July 12, 2019 4:33 PM BST
Took my stake back when Djoker was wobbling with tiny profit, but sadly gambled on the bigger win so only very small green.
Report RothmanMike July 12, 2019 4:54 PM BST
No one on the Betfair forum EVER loses.
Report stu July 12, 2019 5:36 PM BST
If I wanted to lie I'd say I totally greened up.

Was pretty obvious this was a trading lay too as I said in my OP.
Report RothmanMike July 12, 2019 5:39 PM BST
Nothing personal.
Just when I pop my head into the Tennis forum, nobody seems to lose.
Report stu July 12, 2019 5:43 PM BST
As I say, the advice was to help a trading position as well as hoping for the win, it's not just a bet.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com