Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
29 May 19 20:07
| Topic/replies: 4,149 | Blogger: darren_discombobulates_sports's blog
Cuevas, Thiem, Simon, Djokovic, Benchetrit, Zverev, Struff, Karlovic, Verdasco, Monfils, Coric, Del Potro, Fognini, Bautista-Agut, Khachanov, Klizan, Alexandrova, Bolsova Zadoinov, Azarenka, Sabalenka, Sakkari, Swiatek, Muchova, Barty, Williams, Garcia, Petkovic, Kasatkina, Tsuerenko, Halep, Hon

bold are odds against ExcitedExcited
Pause Switch to Standard View Thursday's winners
Show More
Report nofx May 30, 2019 10:00 AM BST
Allez Priscilla Hon!
Report darren_discombobulates_sports May 30, 2019 11:46 PM BST
should have called them Thursday's losers lol, women's tennis very hard to predict, though if hons wins, with level stakes on each selection would be a profitExcited today with the 3 unfinished matches it's -2.84 pts.

tomorrow's matches look very hard to call as well in wta but i'll give it a go

carreno-busta, Niskikori, Federer, Londero, Mayer, Nadal, Wawrinka, Tsistipas
Martic, Mertens, Vandrousova, Svitolina, Stephens, Bencic, Konta, Kudermetova

I think only Stephens and possibly Konta will win comfortably, the rest are so close to call, market can hardly seperate Muguruza/Svitolina either, not sure what to make of the 5 day rest Elina has had, less sharp that Garbine but more fresh, though went with her because I can see her game style frustrating Muguruza into making a lot of unforced errors tomorrow.

Krajinovic has been on a great run since Indian Wells, only lost 3 matches and 2 of those were to Nadal and Federer, though you can't keep playing 5 sets on clay round after round and think it will catch up with him, so think Tsisipas will win. Same with Dimitrov who's had 2 5 setters back to back. All favourites win in atp I think, only player wont is Nishikori as Djere is a good clay court player as well and had couple of really good wins this year on clay v Thiem in Rio and Delpo in Madrid but still would pick Nishi.
Report darren_discombobulates_sports May 31, 2019 9:38 PM BST
thursday - won 9.35 pts, lost 11 pts = -1.65 pts, 20 matches won, 11 lost.

friday so far - won 4.13 pts, lost 5 pts = -0.87 pts, won 9 matches lost 5
if Wawrinka and Tsisipas win it'll be -0.37pts and -2.02 overall and 29 won matches/16 lost

only virtually of course wouldn't actually back every single match but interested to see how it pans out predicting each matchExcited can't believe Martic didn't win after so many match pointsCry and Carreno Busta retiredSad disappointing to see Elina lose so routinely didn't see that coming, hope one day she can win a slam.

For saturday
Bautista-Agut, Zverev, Struff, Djokovic, Klizan, Monfils, Del Potro, Theim, Halep, Puig, Blinkova, Osaka, Bolsova Zadninov, Anisimova, Petkovic, WillamsHappy

Lajovic was tempting, think he will push Zverev to 5 sets.
Report nofx June 1, 2019 10:41 AM BST
those are some optimistic picks in the wta, Gl. fear it's one of those all-the-favourites day. hope that maybe Siniakova can make it interesting
Report darren_discombobulates_sports June 1, 2019 7:38 PM BST
Just the 5 wta matches lost today, WillamsCry OsakaCry

Day 3, Won 4.43 pts, Lost 7 pts, total = -2.57 pts
Won 9 matches, lost 7
-4.59 overall after 3 days
Won 40 matches, lost 23 matches

Sunday

Federer, Nadal, Wawrinka, Nishikori, Martic, Sevastova, Vekic, Stephens.
Report darren_discombobulates_sports June 2, 2019 9:06 PM BST
2.89 pts won today, 2 lost, if Nishi beats Paire which he should tomorrow it'll be 1.42 pts win, as it stands it's 0.89pts won for the day, won 45 matches lost 25, overall -3.7.....-3.17 if Kei finishes the job

Don't know what happened to Sevastova, she's so much better than that and played really well the round before, maybe that epic v Mertens took it out of her and Vondrousova's straight sets win v CSN helped, I ignored Konta's form on clay at my perilDevil

Monday
Djokovic, Fognini, Monfils, Delpo, Barty, Siniakova, Anisimova, Halep.
Report darren_discombobulates_sports June 2, 2019 9:06 PM BST
Siniakova odds against as well
Report darren_discombobulates_sports June 3, 2019 11:35 PM BST
Monday- Won 0.78 pts, Lost 4 pts = -3.22
Won 50 matches, lost 29 and -6.39pts overall after 5 days

Monfils didn't look himself, even though he had been playing well this tournament and it was Thiem who I thought was below par in recent matches, yet it looked like Gael was barely 75% fit and definitely did not expect him to lose in straights. Delpo's tank looked half full as well, have to stop going against Keys as wellSilly.
Khachanov's style of play works well against less fit players but against your Federer's and Nadal in a slam it wont be enough, you need more than just big hitting every shot IMO.

Tuesday
Federer, Nadal, Stephens, Martic

I think wawa's last match which was the 4th or 5th longest ever at Roland Garros, will have to have an effect on him, also had 3 long tie breaker sets v Dimitrov whereas Federer has cruised though all 4 rounds in straights, though obviously against far inferior players to Stan, I can't ignore the h2h either, 24-3, Wawrinka actually beat him here 4 years ago 3-0 but was reading today how much he learnt from that.

Also cannot ignore the 4-0 h2h record Martic has over Vondrosova including the clay court final in Istanbul a few weeks ago.

I think Nishi will trouble Nadal for a few games before eventuall losing fairly comfortable as usual on clay to him, won 1 from previous 10 sets on the dust.

Stephens I think will have too much quality for JoKo on the day, though Konta's new coach seems to have had some kind of Zen affect on her where she's just in the zone from the off and doesn't come out of it, also a lot more relaxed and less tense looking, so there is a chance but would still go with the favourite. The final last year must haunt her after being a set and a break up in the final - one last thing it should be noted Jo did actually beat her in Rome on clay in 3 sets last month, but Sloane is one of these players who always raises her levels for the slams.
Report darren_discombobulates_sports June 4, 2019 8:40 PM BST
A guaranteed way to profit is to lay my wta picks Excited

Day 7, Won 0.38 pts, Lost 2pts = -1.62
Won 52 matches, lost 31
Overall -8.01pts

A lot of praise has gone Konta's way for playing so well, but it seemed to me as if Sloane was serving very slowly, almost rolling them in for Konta to break with ease? maybe there was an underlying injury or Konta really did outplay her completely. If Vondrousova wins the tournament I think she'll be the youngest wta player to win a Grand Slam in 15 years, since Kuznetsova won the US Open in 2004 aged 19 and 76 days, Vondrousova is 20 in just over 3 weeks. And also the youngest on both tours since Nadal at the French in 2005 aged 19 and 3 days.

Wednesday
Khachanov, Djokovic, Halep, Barty

I've opposed Keys a few times and lost so why stop nowDevil
Report darren_discombobulates_sports June 5, 2019 4:00 PM BST
matches today are cancelled, looks like a 24 hour wait til I'm on -10pts Silly
Report wisewords June 5, 2019 4:32 PM BST
Sad stupid weather
Report darren_discombobulates_sports June 6, 2019 10:17 PM BST
Day 8, Won 0.64 pts, lost 2 points = -1.36
Won 54 matches, lost 33, Overall -9.37

Friday

Nadal, Djokovic, Konta, Animisova

Go JoKo!
Report darren_discombobulates_sports June 6, 2019 10:37 PM BST
Federer tomorrow is a massive 7.8 on the exchange to win tomorrow, that must be his biggest ever pre match odds ?
Report darren_discombobulates_sports June 7, 2019 9:25 PM BST
update tomorrow but now past -10ptsCry
My lay my wta picks tip has turned out great thoughExcited

Barty to win, she'll hit Anisimova for sixHappy
Report darren_discombobulates_sports June 8, 2019 9:36 PM BST
currently -11.63
56 correct matches, 36 incorrect

Nadal to win the final, pretty much the same odds Nadal/Theim were last year in the final, I would have thought Thiem would be given a better chance to win as he looks even better but then again, Nadal has had his feet up early Friday Afternoon whilst Dominic was on and off over 2 days.

I think the weather this tournament has contributed towards poor crowds and atmostpheres, quite a few empty seats for the womens final, that and the fact they're both relative unknowns outside the tennis world.
Report darren_discombobulates_sports June 9, 2019 7:25 PM BST
won 57 matches, lost 36.

looks like the entended time on court caught up with Dominic, tbh I think if wind wasn't a factor in the semi's Novak would have won but nevertheless well don't Nadal, would like to see him in another Wimbledon final after so longHappy
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com