Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
n88uk
04 Feb 19 10:32
| Topic/replies: 186,496 | Blogger: n88uk's blog
ATP 250 Cordoba, Montpellier, Sofia
Fed Cup
Pause Switch to Standard View TENNIS TALK 2019: VOL 5 (Cordoba,...
Show More
Report nofx February 4, 2019 12:23 PM GMT
Last.
Report nofx February 4, 2019 1:44 PM GMT
Guess who made it to main draw Cordoba :D
Report edy February 4, 2019 2:06 PM GMT
Muguruza?
Report edy February 4, 2019 2:07 PM GMT
Though with it being an ATP tournament that seems unlikely. Malek?
Report wisewords February 4, 2019 2:09 PM GMT
I imagine he means Lorenzi
Report nofx February 4, 2019 2:14 PM GMT
almost as spectacular a tennis player as Malek

https://www.flashscore.com/match/fuTTzQq5/#point-by-point;3
Report edy February 4, 2019 2:14 PM GMT
Fully deserves it for that long, tough fight.
Report wisewords February 4, 2019 2:16 PM GMT
Paolo wanted a warm up
Report wisewords February 4, 2019 4:05 PM GMT
anyone notice how low Vanni traded? must have been sub 1.05
Report thepunter February 5, 2019 1:18 AM GMT
berlocq-jaziri scenario straight out of the fixing book. Could not set i t up better. Hope these motherfecker get shot one day and get what they desserve.
Report edy February 5, 2019 11:04 AM GMT
On that note:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-47121681
Report nofx February 5, 2019 12:38 PM GMT
The authors of this article, Simon Cox and Paul Grant, don't do themselves any favours by starting it with "Karim Hossam was one of the best young tennis players in the world. He looked set to play at the biggest tournaments, with the top players of the game
the young Egyptian player was the great hope for North African tennis"

eh, at age 20 this prodigy got a wildcard in Doha; only futures with let's say mixed results before it. was never offered another wc, played nothing of note (a R1 challenger against Van der Duim hi hi)

This kid that never played anyone let alone win any sets of them 'was offered 1k to lose a set against atp#9; 2013's Gasquet there'. Can't imagine they made this up but sounds ridiculous none the less

And then, I must be missing something data (perfectly possible) when I looked at his junior results and found nothing, "Karim Hossam had already won the tournament (Sharm El Sheikh) four times when he arrived to compete there again in 2013"

someone back me up here, do they mean he won it as a kindergarderener?

whatever is the truth, this read like a tabloid. and i got some mild deja vu from it
Report n88uk February 5, 2019 12:59 PM GMT
What exactly would be the point of fixing vs Gasquet. Gasquet must have been close to 1.01 to win that match.
Report edy February 5, 2019 1:40 PM GMT
You'll have to look at his pro circuit results, not juniors to confirm his Sharm-el-Sheikh success. It's one of those lowest level ITF tournaments that's being offered a lot of weeks by a local hotel so the hotel is always nicely booked. I think the 2019 reduction of qualies, in both days and number of players, is somewhat making that business model less attractive this year though.
Report edy February 5, 2019 1:42 PM GMT
and yeah, introducing him as some sort of prodigy that was destined for greatness is somewhat cringeworthy.
Report edy February 5, 2019 1:46 PM GMT
Maybe the Gasquet thing makes sense as some sort of thing to normally introduce players into betting rings. I.e. whereas in other matches the player might consider playing straight because he has points to gain, the wall isn't that high if you're playing someone who you deem yourself completely without chance anyway. Losing ain't raising any brows, nor do you really have to feel bad because you can just play to your best and still lose.

....and then T-H-E-Y have you!
Report nofx February 5, 2019 2:04 PM GMT

Feb 5, 2019 -- 7:40AM, edy wrote:

You'll have to look at his pro circuit results, not juniors to confirm his Sharm-el-Sheikh success. It's one of those lowest level ITF tournaments that's being offered a lot of weeks by a local hotel so the hotel is always nicely booked. I think the 2019 reduction of qualies, in both days and number of players, is somewhat making that business model less attractive this year though.

don't really see how i missed it guess i looked at results prior to 2013, lots of r1 losses there so skipped to juniors. all wins were in 2013. bad investigative reporting me

Report nofx February 5, 2019 2:11 PM GMT
ah! when he arrived to compete there again in 2013

it's not my mother language but imo this suggests the last time he was competing there was before 2013. so I am in the clear
Report nofx February 5, 2019 2:12 PM GMT
and otherwise they just need to writes shit more obviously. anyway i was triggered from paragraph one
Report nofx February 5, 2019 2:27 PM GMT
It's such sensationalist crap from bbc though

"As one of the best junior players in the world, hovering on the edge of the top 10, he had started to play in the big ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) tournaments with the stars of the sport. He'd played at the Australian Open and the French Open"

that's a way to describe 3 junior slam entries, and nothing else, I guess
Report nofx February 6, 2019 12:06 PM GMT
Thanks for the 1.01 market Kontafeit, betfair!
Report nofx February 7, 2019 12:14 PM GMT
exchange was down at noon, public service announcement
Report thepunter February 7, 2019 10:26 PM GMT
Some proper choke from the kebab bag of Sc*m
Report thepunter February 7, 2019 11:03 PM GMT
Master tank from ****i. Broken 3x in each set. Not able to confirmin the 2nd despite being twice a break up.
Report leefee February 8, 2019 2:46 PM GMT
Berdych the pertenial waste of space
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com