Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
curious-cat
25 Aug 18 23:40
| Topic/replies: 33,752 | Blogger: curious-cat's blog
please
Pause Switch to Standard View Which tv channel is showing the US...
Show More
Report wisewords August 26, 2018 2:07 AM BST
none. Amazon Prime only for UK
Report curious-cat August 26, 2018 4:55 AM BST
thanks.
Report differentdrum August 26, 2018 10:51 AM BST
So much for encouraging people to watch the game. Fortunately, I only really watch women's tennis so not too bothered about the ATP tour.

As for the US I will have a look to see if the bookmaker sites are still streaming and see if I can get one of European versions of Eurosport free-to-air.
Report The Bhoys August 26, 2018 3:11 PM BST
Do them us channels like tsn and sportsnet not have it?
Report differentdrum August 26, 2018 3:22 PM BST
As far as I know it is only the UK who has to put up with 5 years of this.
Report n88uk August 26, 2018 5:54 PM BST
Yes it is, though Amazon are picking up other sports all over the place.
Report STUDYFORM August 26, 2018 6:15 PM BST
The hijacking of sports by these companies, for profit, is wrong.
Some of the blame must lie with the sports themselves, but mostly with the bidders who just want to force the public to part with extra money to watch what we're already paying for (through the costs to all of us for advertising).
Report aaronh August 27, 2018 11:40 AM BST
Sky and BT getting themselves into a frenzy for EPL has basically ruined sports coverage of anything but football now with it being picked apart.

There is no reason why the USTA (and others) cannot stipulate that the winner of the rights has to provide at least the same level of service as the previous holders - if the thing about 4 courts being available is true
Report STUDYFORM August 27, 2018 9:56 PM BST
It's on Eurosport everywhere except the UK. Free to air as well, afaik.
Sky hijacked Eurosport and limits what we can see.

Good eh?
Report wisewords August 27, 2018 10:16 PM BST
Scared
Report n88uk August 28, 2018 11:53 AM BST
It shows how the idea of competition being good for the consumer which has led to some of this madness (as laws dictate it) isn't actually true. There's so many services, subscriptions, extra ppv's maybe you'd have to pay for to watch all your sport now that surely many are just saying no, and ultimately it's bad for the visibility of the sports.

To me ATP going on Amazon Prime is a huge, huge gamble from their pov. ATP is about to lose a lot of name power over the next few years, and it's going to be hidden away on a subscription service with minimal visibility, it's not for your product if people have to go out of their way to find your product. The only thing saving them is Wimbledon will always given tennis a reasonable amount of exposure in this country, but to me they really risk damaging the popularity of their product in this country with this move.
Report differentdrum August 28, 2018 9:21 PM BST
As I said on the other thread Eurosport 1 Germany is the only non-encrypted version of Eurosport. It is basically useless unless you want to watch wall-to-wall German players. Perhaps when they have all been knocked out?

Betting turnover has got to be down as well. You can't bet properly without assessing the form.
Report TheFear August 29, 2018 4:37 PM BST
free trial on amazon - just cancel after the tournament
Report Hank Hill August 29, 2018 4:38 PM BST
It is so sh!t amazon have stopped allowing reviews Laugh
Report edy August 29, 2018 5:41 PM BST
and it's going to be hidden away on a subscription service with minimal visibility, it's not for your product if people have to go out of their way to find your product.

aren't there more Prime subscribers than Sky sports subscribers in the UK?
Report differentdrum August 29, 2018 7:37 PM BST
How many of them have even heard of the US Open?
Report Wallflower August 29, 2018 7:57 PM BST
I have had to resort to casting betfair live video onto TV.  Quality is ok, but not sharp.

Prime Video is utter dross - and for those of us that trade, basically unusable - just cant get into rythym of the match.

Going to be cancelled, just like Eleven Sports for the PGA.
Report n88uk August 30, 2018 10:00 AM BST

Aug 29, 2018 -- 11:41AM, edy wrote:

and it's going to be hidden away on a subscription service with minimal visibility, it's not for your product if people have to go out of their way to find your product.aren't there more Prime subscribers than Sky sports subscribers in the UK?

No, an article I just read says 3rd quarter of 2017 Netflix 7.5m, Amazon Prime 3.84m subscribers.

Once upon a time Sky had 10m subscribers, I'm pretty sure they've lost subscribers over the last 5 years or so, but it's probably more like the Netflix number than the Amazon Prime one.

Also I imagine a lot of those Amazon Prime subscribers probably don't care about sport to begin with. It does seem from Tennis Twitter a lot of people either subscribed to/using the free trial/already subscribed to Amazon Prime in the past, but I haven't seen anyone happy with the service.

Report tobermory August 31, 2018 11:51 PM BST
Sky have 10M+ households, but only about 4M have Sky Sports.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com