Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FredRescue
14 Jul 18 00:08
Joined:
Date Joined: 07 Jul 12
| Topic/replies: 5,115 | Blogger: FredRescue's blog
Womens semi finals total time = 2 hours 18 minutes

Mens semi finals total time = 9 hours 30 minutes and counting

Confused
Show More
Loading...
Report Platini July 13, 2018 11:10 PM BST
Ain't it a feckin' disgrace.
Report GRANTCKING July 13, 2018 11:22 PM BST
yep equal pay is an utter farce
Report mesmerised July 13, 2018 11:34 PM BST
Allow me to change your mind
























Report Journeyman July 13, 2018 11:36 PM BST






Cool
Report Platini July 14, 2018 12:02 AM BST
Report detraveller July 14, 2018 1:22 AM BST
The male players should ask for a reduction in their workload, by reducing the matches to 3 sets. Then demand an allowance if Wimbledon wants them to play two more sets.

It's a disgrace that two athletes who produced something as physically demanding as Anderson/Isner will get paid the same as two ladies playing out, most probably, a 2 set game and going home with the same money(if my understanding of the equal pay here is correct).
Report dlarssonf July 14, 2018 7:19 AM BST
Anyone who is crying about the women getting paid the same as the men is an utter bell end
Report lfc1971 July 14, 2018 8:46 AM BST
The principle behind any sport and any job is that the best should be paid the most
That’s men .
Report lfc1971 July 14, 2018 8:50 AM BST
If we had women motorcycle racers in their own event at the Isle of Man TT for example should they be paid as much as the men ?
No
Report lfc1971 July 14, 2018 9:08 AM BST
It’s an evolutionary principle , and if you try to take that away the standard and excitement and interest falls , in tennis , and in both men’s and women’s
Report GRANTCKING July 14, 2018 9:33 AM BST

Jul 14, 2018 -- 8:19AM, dlarssonf wrote:


Anyone who is crying about the women getting paid the same as the men is an utter bell end


care to explain why?

Report GRANTCKING July 14, 2018 9:36 AM BST

Jul 14, 2018 -- 8:19AM, dlarssonf wrote:


Anyone who is crying about the women getting paid the same as the men is an utter bell end


if you had a job and your hours of work were 9-5 but your female colleague on the next desk did the same job and received the same pay buy only had to work 9-2 what would you say?

Report jin_kazz July 14, 2018 10:16 AM BST
men should receive less

and servebots should receive like 50% of what men receive

THIS WILL BE FAIR
Report jin_kazz July 14, 2018 10:18 AM BST
also what is baszchinsky doing among those photos?
Report dlarssonf July 14, 2018 10:31 AM BST
LFC I won't be getting into discussion with you because you are a troll

Grant , first all the women put as much effort in away from the court all year every year to be professional tennis players , it's not their fault they don't play best of five. They make as many sacrifice's from a junior to become a professional just as much as men.

Men sports and men have been promoted and dominated for centuries, while women are only getting a portion of the limelight now because they had to fight for every single thing.  If women and their sports had been pushed for centuries it would be the other way around. Women and men tennis players deserve the same pay just as much as say a man and woman driving a bus.  This five set argument is for idiots who are basically male chauvinistic pigs like for example Trump.

Their is a lot more to it than I just said but hopefully that's a start to get some even thinking logically
Report stu July 14, 2018 11:09 AM BST
Women players are very lucky they chose tennis as their sport - there isn't equal pay in most other sports where they are clearly less capable of playing the game (as in tennis).

I wonder why it has only been in tennis this happened?
Report stu July 14, 2018 11:12 AM BST
Women and men tennis players deserve the same pay just as much as say a man and woman driving a bus.

But a poor comparison surely, if the men drove the bus for four times longer....?
Report winningthought July 14, 2018 11:18 AM BST
I always knew tennis was a woman's sport.
Report dlarssonf July 14, 2018 11:19 AM BST
stu    14 Jul 18 11:12 
Women and men tennis players deserve the same pay just as much as say a man and woman driving a bus.

But a poor comparison surely, if the men drove the bus for four times longer....?

you have totally missed the point but not too surprising - Women aren't stopped from driving the bus four times longer. Just try think about that
Report stu July 14, 2018 11:22 AM BST
They may not be stopped, but the simple fact is they don't play as long - I think you'd find any other employment would take account of that, as a comparison. That's undeniable.
Report stu July 14, 2018 11:23 AM BST
This is all before we even consider the 'quality' issue too.
Report winningthought July 14, 2018 11:34 AM BST
'quality' indeed. Unless you have a nutjob on court or the big four are playing against each other, ATP is dross.
Report gjohn101 July 14, 2018 11:36 AM BST
If you applied the tennis argument across the board then women in gymnastics and figure skating would earn a greater share of the prize money as they generate far superior ratings in those sports. But this is not the case. Should we feel equally indignant about that?
Report stu July 14, 2018 11:36 AM BST
I'd argue much easier to break into the women's game than the men's personally winning, but that is an open debate I'd agree.

I think women are very lucky they happen to chose tennis as their game, and not some other sport where flashing your bikini pics around doesn't get you noticed and sponsorships etc...
Report Platini July 14, 2018 11:43 AM BST
Mes, who is the honey in photos 7 and 12 ?
Report stu July 14, 2018 11:46 AM BST
women in gymnastics and figure skating would earn a greater share of the prize money as they generate far superior ratings in those sports.

Says it all about tennis too, because it's the same reason, lol
Report winningthought July 14, 2018 11:47 AM BST
Anyway stu, it sounds like you'd pay twice the price for a conservatory if it took twice as long for it to be built.
Report stu July 14, 2018 11:48 AM BST
For the analogy to work the conservatory would be much bigger too... Grin
Report winningthought July 14, 2018 11:51 AM BST
You'd freeze your nuts off. Another winning argument for the girls.
Report mesmerised July 14, 2018 1:11 PM BST
Mes, who is the honey in photos 7 and 12 ?


both are Sorana
Report lfc1971 July 14, 2018 2:16 PM BST
diarssonf I wasn’t in a discussion with you and I won’t be getting into one with you because you are not very intelligent
Thanks
Report lfc1971 July 14, 2018 2:17 PM BST
Don’t allow yourself to believe anything else
Report son of a gun July 14, 2018 2:23 PM BST

Jul 14, 2018 -- 11:31AM, dlarssonf wrote:


LFC I won't be getting into discussion with you because you are a trollGrant , first all the women put as much effort in away from the court all year every year to be professional tennis players , it's not their fault they don't play best of five. They make as many sacrifice's from a junior to become a professional just as much as men.Men sports and men have been promoted and dominated for centuries, while women are only getting a portion of the limelight now because they had to fight for every single thing.  If women and their sports had been pushed for centuries it would be the other way around. Women and men tennis players deserve the same pay just as much as say a man and woman driving a bus.  This five set argument is for idiots who are basically male chauvinistic pigs like for example Trump.Their is a lot more to it than I just said but hopefully that's a start to get some even thinking logically


utter bollo.x

men train much, much harder than females because the men's game is much more competitive and mentally as well as physically draining.

add to that the much, much higher level of play and they should merely receive twice as much money as the women.

but dudes from sweden do not seem to care for realism.

Report mesmerised July 14, 2018 2:25 PM BST
he's not Swedish.
Report lfc1971 July 14, 2018 2:28 PM BST
anyone notice it was men who rescued the football team and coach in Thailand ?
British MEN , yes
Ok it was a man who got them into the fix in the first place : )
Report lfc1971 July 14, 2018 2:30 PM BST
So stop talking rubbish about equal opportunities , we have that now
That is not the same thing as equal pay , understand ?
Report son of a gun July 14, 2018 3:35 PM BST
Djoko - Nadal was reason enough to justify much higher prize-money for the men, they keep drawing the crowds and are therefore to be paid much much more money
Report dlarssonf July 14, 2018 3:48 PM BST
mesmerised    14 Jul 18 14:25 
he's not Swedish.


I'm better of ignoring them Mes Cool
Report n88uk July 14, 2018 4:09 PM BST

Jul 14, 2018 -- 2:22AM, detraveller wrote:


The male players should ask for a reduction in their workload, by reducing the matches to 3 sets. Then demand an allowance if Wimbledon wants them to play two more sets. It's a disgrace that two athletes who produced something as physically demanding as Anderson/Isner will get paid the same as two ladies playing out, most probably, a 2 set game and going home with the same money(if my understanding of the equal pay here is correct).


Never going to happen. Best of 5 helps all the top players by protecting them against upsets, why would they support a move that makes them more likely to lose.

Report n88uk July 14, 2018 4:13 PM BST

Jul 14, 2018 -- 12:09PM, stu wrote:


Women players are very lucky they chose tennis as their sport - there isn't equal pay in most other sports where they are clearly less capable of playing the game (as in tennis).I wonder why it has only been in tennis this happened?


There is a link here though. A top female athlete is much more likely to choose tennis as that's where the money is, for men that's not true, more options, thus less likely to choose tennis which is far less attractive than many other sports to men.

It's for this reason imo you see the American women do much better than men these days. America produce probably the most top athletes in the world, but more of the women are going to get into tennis than men are, as the like of NFL, basketball, whatever are better options for men as there's a bigger chance of making it.

Report winningthought July 14, 2018 4:15 PM BST
And its prize money, not pay. If women have negotiated prize money that pisses off the great unwashed, I'm all for it.
Report n88uk July 14, 2018 4:18 PM BST
Like every event that moved to joint event men and women has benefited from far greater revenue and prize money increases than the events that are stand alone, a point often ignored. Fans like the choice and opportunity.

The only exceptions to this are the events not being run as a business so like Doha or wherever.
Report GRANTCKING July 14, 2018 5:36 PM BST
serena got paid more than than big john isner did and look at the difference in effort levels
Report roggrain July 14, 2018 5:56 PM BST
Imagine the howls of protest if the situation was reversed: Men playing best of three, Women best of 5!
Report stu July 14, 2018 7:29 PM BST
You can only imagine the uproar the other way around rogg....
Report doridoru July 15, 2018 12:53 AM BST
2 names will explain why after 27 hours of mens semis and 37 mins of a womans final...they get equal pay...

AARON AND EDY - EVERYTHING WRONG WITH MANKIND IN 2018 - TO BLAME FOR NON BREXIT, HATE AGAINST THE USA PRESIDENT - EQUAL PAY - EXTREMIST ISLAM RAPE GANGS - LONDON MASSIVE CRIME WAVE - LOVE ISLAND.
Report detraveller July 15, 2018 11:06 AM BST

Jul 14, 2018 -- 5:09PM, n88uk wrote:


Jul 14, 2018 --  1:22AM, detraveller wrote:The male players should ask for a reduction in their workload, by reducing the matches to 3 sets. Then demand an allowance if Wimbledon wants them to play two more sets. It's a disgrace that two athletes who produced something as physically demanding as Anderson/Isner will get paid the same as two ladies playing out, most probably, a 2 set game and going home with the same money(if my understanding of the equal pay here is correct).Never going to happen. Best of 5 helps all the top players by protecting them against upsets, why would they support a move that makes them more likely to lose.


Yes. But if you think the pay isn't fair, you should refuse the extra work instead of demanding to get paid for the extra work. Women did what they could to help themselves. Men can do that too if they want. There's no point whining about why someone else is being paid the same when she goes home early. You are the idiot putting in long hours and not asking for more pay. You can't control other people's salaries, but you can control your own.

Report n88uk July 15, 2018 1:46 PM BST
None of the men with influence are likely to do that, just won't go anywhere and won't be worth it. You work to make the pie bigger, not take a bigger slice of the pie from others.

And they will get there way there. AO already pledged to raise prize money 100% in 5 years, and they want more, and whatever they get, the other slams will follow suit as they won't want to be left behind. Like how when USO pledged to do this last time, all the other slams pretty much followed suit causing the last huge raises in prize money.
Report n88uk July 15, 2018 1:59 PM BST

Jul 14, 2018 -- 6:36PM, GRANTCKING wrote:


serena got paid more than than big john isner did and look at the difference in effort levels


But this is perfect example why you aren't paid by the hour. Isner spent a load of hours on court, but in reality most viewers just wanted to see him off court in the hours he is on it, there will be very little interest in Isner servefests even at 20-20 in the 5th.

Report Charlton2005 July 15, 2018 11:51 PM BST
larsson you argument is so illogical and your inability to grasp the crystal clear logic of several posters that i can only assume you are either an economist, a lawyer or a politician. in any event i am fairly sure you have no training in any mathematical subject.
Report jin_kazz July 15, 2018 11:57 PM BST

Jul 14, 2018 -- 8:19AM, dlarssonf wrote:


Anyone who is crying about the women getting paid the same as the men is an utter bell end


100%

this sexism can not stand dude

Report stu July 16, 2018 10:25 AM BST
It says a lot that in the two sides of the views, the equal money side mostly just shout words like sexism or insults. While the other side have clearly pointed out the facts that distinguish the men's game from the women's.
Report jin_kazz July 16, 2018 8:14 PM BST
girls photos is a strong argument also
Report detraveller July 26, 2018 10:14 PM BST
How gendecist of them to make the women fly economy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44965630?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com