Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FredRescue
14 Jul 18 00:08
| Topic/replies: 5,115 | Blogger: FredRescue's blog
Womens semi finals total time = 2 hours 18 minutes

Mens semi finals total time = 9 hours 30 minutes and counting

Confused

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 54
By:
Platini
When: 14 Jul 18 00:10
Ain't it a feckin' disgrace.
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 14 Jul 18 00:22
yep equal pay is an utter farce
By:
mesmerised
When: 14 Jul 18 00:34
Allow me to change your mind

By:
Journeyman
When: 14 Jul 18 00:36

Cool
By:
Platini
When: 14 Jul 18 01:02
By:
detraveller
When: 14 Jul 18 02:22
The male players should ask for a reduction in their workload, by reducing the matches to 3 sets. Then demand an allowance if Wimbledon wants them to play two more sets.

It's a disgrace that two athletes who produced something as physically demanding as Anderson/Isner will get paid the same as two ladies playing out, most probably, a 2 set game and going home with the same money(if my understanding of the equal pay here is correct).
By:
dlarssonf
When: 14 Jul 18 08:19
Anyone who is crying about the women getting paid the same as the men is an utter bell end
By:
lfc1971
When: 14 Jul 18 09:46
The principle behind any sport and any job is that the best should be paid the most
That’s men .
By:
lfc1971
When: 14 Jul 18 09:50
If we had women motorcycle racers in their own event at the Isle of Man TT for example should they be paid as much as the men ?
No
By:
lfc1971
When: 14 Jul 18 10:08
It’s an evolutionary principle , and if you try to take that away the standard and excitement and interest falls , in tennis , and in both men’s and women’s
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 14 Jul 18 10:33

Jul 14, 2018 -- 8:19AM, dlarssonf wrote:

Anyone who is crying about the women getting paid the same as the men is an utter bell end

care to explain why?

By:
GRANTCKING
When: 14 Jul 18 10:36

Jul 14, 2018 -- 8:19AM, dlarssonf wrote:

if you had a job and your hours of work were 9-5 but your female colleague on the next desk did the same job and received the same pay buy only had to work 9-2 what would you say?

By:
jin_kazz
When: 14 Jul 18 11:16
men should receive less

and servebots should receive like 50% of what men receive

THIS WILL BE FAIR
By:
jin_kazz
When: 14 Jul 18 11:18
also what is baszchinsky doing among those photos?
By:
dlarssonf
When: 14 Jul 18 11:31
LFC I won't be getting into discussion with you because you are a troll

Grant , first all the women put as much effort in away from the court all year every year to be professional tennis players , it's not their fault they don't play best of five. They make as many sacrifice's from a junior to become a professional just as much as men.

Men sports and men have been promoted and dominated for centuries, while women are only getting a portion of the limelight now because they had to fight for every single thing.  If women and their sports had been pushed for centuries it would be the other way around. Women and men tennis players deserve the same pay just as much as say a man and woman driving a bus.  This five set argument is for idiots who are basically male chauvinistic pigs like for example Trump.

Their is a lot more to it than I just said but hopefully that's a start to get some even thinking logically
By:
stu
When: 14 Jul 18 12:09
Women players are very lucky they chose tennis as their sport - there isn't equal pay in most other sports where they are clearly less capable of playing the game (as in tennis).

I wonder why it has only been in tennis this happened?
By:
stu
When: 14 Jul 18 12:12
Women and men tennis players deserve the same pay just as much as say a man and woman driving a bus.

But a poor comparison surely, if the men drove the bus for four times longer....?
By:
winningthought
When: 14 Jul 18 12:18
I always knew tennis was a woman's sport.
By:
dlarssonf
When: 14 Jul 18 12:19
stu    14 Jul 18 11:12 
Women and men tennis players deserve the same pay just as much as say a man and woman driving a bus.

But a poor comparison surely, if the men drove the bus for four times longer....?

you have totally missed the point but not too surprising - Women aren't stopped from driving the bus four times longer. Just try think about that
By:
stu
When: 14 Jul 18 12:22
They may not be stopped, but the simple fact is they don't play as long - I think you'd find any other employment would take account of that, as a comparison. That's undeniable.
By:
stu
When: 14 Jul 18 12:23
This is all before we even consider the 'quality' issue too.
By:
winningthought
When: 14 Jul 18 12:34
'quality' indeed. Unless you have a nutjob on court or the big four are playing against each other, ATP is dross.
By:
gjohn101
When: 14 Jul 18 12:36
If you applied the tennis argument across the board then women in gymnastics and figure skating would earn a greater share of the prize money as they generate far superior ratings in those sports. But this is not the case. Should we feel equally indignant about that?
By:
stu
When: 14 Jul 18 12:36
I'd argue much easier to break into the women's game than the men's personally winning, but that is an open debate I'd agree.

I think women are very lucky they happen to chose tennis as their game, and not some other sport where flashing your bikini pics around doesn't get you noticed and sponsorships etc...
By:
Platini
When: 14 Jul 18 12:43
Mes, who is the honey in photos 7 and 12 ?
By:
stu
When: 14 Jul 18 12:46
women in gymnastics and figure skating would earn a greater share of the prize money as they generate far superior ratings in those sports.

Says it all about tennis too, because it's the same reason, lol
By:
winningthought
When: 14 Jul 18 12:47
Anyway stu, it sounds like you'd pay twice the price for a conservatory if it took twice as long for it to be built.
By:
stu
When: 14 Jul 18 12:48
For the analogy to work the conservatory would be much bigger too... Grin
By:
winningthought
When: 14 Jul 18 12:51
You'd freeze your nuts off. Another winning argument for the girls.
By:
mesmerised
When: 14 Jul 18 14:11
Mes, who is the honey in photos 7 and 12 ?

both are Sorana
By:
lfc1971
When: 14 Jul 18 15:16
diarssonf I wasn’t in a discussion with you and I won’t be getting into one with you because you are not very intelligent
Thanks
By:
lfc1971
When: 14 Jul 18 15:17
Don’t allow yourself to believe anything else
By:
son of a gun
When: 14 Jul 18 15:23

Jul 14, 2018 -- 11:31AM, dlarssonf wrote:

LFC I won't be getting into discussion with you because you are a trollGrant , first all the women put as much effort in away from the court all year every year to be professional tennis players , it's not their fault they don't play best of five. They make as many sacrifice's from a junior to become a professional just as much as men.Men sports and men have been promoted and dominated for centuries, while women are only getting a portion of the limelight now because they had to fight for every single thing.  If women and their sports had been pushed for centuries it would be the other way around. Women and men tennis players deserve the same pay just as much as say a man and woman driving a bus.  This five set argument is for idiots who are basically male chauvinistic pigs like for example Trump.Their is a lot more to it than I just said but hopefully that's a start to get some even thinking logically

utter bollo.x

men train much, much harder than females because the men's game is much more competitive and mentally as well as physically draining.

add to that the much, much higher level of play and they should merely receive twice as much money as the women.

but dudes from sweden do not seem to care for realism.

By:
mesmerised
When: 14 Jul 18 15:25
he's not Swedish.
By:
lfc1971
When: 14 Jul 18 15:28
anyone notice it was men who rescued the football team and coach in Thailand ?
British MEN , yes
Ok it was a man who got them into the fix in the first place : )
By:
lfc1971
When: 14 Jul 18 15:30
So stop talking rubbish about equal opportunities , we have that now
That is not the same thing as equal pay , understand ?
By:
son of a gun
When: 14 Jul 18 16:35
Djoko - Nadal was reason enough to justify much higher prize-money for the men, they keep drawing the crowds and are therefore to be paid much much more money
By:
dlarssonf
When: 14 Jul 18 16:48
mesmerised    14 Jul 18 14:25 
he's not Swedish.

I'm better of ignoring them Mes Cool
By:
n88uk
When: 14 Jul 18 17:09

Jul 14, 2018 -- 2:22AM, detraveller wrote:

The male players should ask for a reduction in their workload, by reducing the matches to 3 sets. Then demand an allowance if Wimbledon wants them to play two more sets. It's a disgrace that two athletes who produced something as physically demanding as Anderson/Isner will get paid the same as two ladies playing out, most probably, a 2 set game and going home with the same money(if my understanding of the equal pay here is correct).

Never going to happen. Best of 5 helps all the top players by protecting them against upsets, why would they support a move that makes them more likely to lose.

Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com