Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Charlton2005
07 Jul 18 05:58
| Topic/replies: 10,673 | Blogger: Charlton2005's blog
no contest really

there'll never be a movie about 2008

and no one is ever gonna be showing up at fancy dress parties dressed like nadal or fed

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 8
By:
Journeyman
When: 08 Jul 18 17:17
No contest? Nothing else filmworthy? I disagree.

Having had three shots at glory (the third being the one he totally blew) he was seemingly a spent force.
Appeared on the first day looking like he'd been sleeping in a park for a week. A wild card ffs. Given no chance.
One of the biggest characters the sport ever had, he filmed segments for the bbc throughout the fortnight talking to himself.
And in a final on an extra day, in front of a frenzied crowd rarely seen at SW19, he finally seized his destiny.
By:
mesmerised
When: 08 Jul 18 17:38
That was the first proper final I remember watching at Wimbledon, I remember the 3 Goran's as well lol.
By:
bobweenit
When: 08 Jul 18 17:41
get yourself to a beer garden Mess ffs must be roasting in that flat
By:
Journeyman
When: 08 Jul 18 21:00
Because he was so expressive you got to go through the whole trial of that final set with him.
Everything from his joy at getting the final break to frantically shaking his arm to try to get rid of the tightness.

Amazing winners speech as well, remember him saying thanks for giving him a wild card(!) and then looking up at the sky to dedicate his title to Dražen Petrović.
By:
Charlton2005
When: 08 Jul 18 22:10
are they gonna make a movie about it?
By:
Charlton2005
When: 08 Jul 18 22:11
in the last 15 years has anyone anywhere showed up to a fancy dress party or dressed up for any reason in the clothes that goran and rafter were wearing in the final?
By:
mesmerised
When: 08 Jul 18 22:21
who cares? I don't even have a clue what 1980 refers to. 2008 was the greatest match of all time and Ivanisevic final one of the most iconic because of his journey.
By:
caramba
When: 08 Jul 18 23:30
I don't even have a clue what 1980 refers to.
Laugh
The rest I agree with.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com