Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
black shuck
15 Jun 18 22:00
| Topic/replies: 2,466 | Blogger: black shuck's blog
Shocking forum these days..was looking for anyone in my mind think that naomi is an exciting rising talent and a huge price against barty but seems like i tuned into the world cup thread..anyway..whats your oplnion of her her D style..? Thats if you bother here anymore
Show More
Report niten June 16, 2018 10:29 AM BST
i got barty around 1.7, so it's not that short imo.  barty being more solid and consistent is the key thing in that thinking.

naomi is getting better at patience and constructing points, but i'm struggling to describe he defence much beyond runniing to where the ball is going.  she's def one of the future stars in my mind, she has good results but her mentality comes into question quite often and that should get better with experience.
Report black shuck June 16, 2018 10:43 AM BST
Thanks for a good tennis opinion nit..used to like  coming on here and reading opinions on players and match ups..find it a chore now to wade through 6000 post threads much about nothing relevant..
Your opinion taken on board and ive gone from a backer of naomi to a watching brief today
Report niten June 16, 2018 10:47 AM BST
the guys on the tennis megathread have been talking to each other for years so you can't expect it to be on topic the whole time. i don't use the forum much apart from january when it's tennis all night, but having that freeform conversation running through the night is good.

wasn't sure about the coco start price but maybe that was the move in this match.
Report mesmerised June 17, 2018 11:28 AM BST
good post, the clique need dismantling for the community to thrive again, atm they are impenetrable, I've yet to decipher what any of them are saying.
Report caramba June 17, 2018 11:37 AM BST
if the clique dismantled, this phorum would be even more dead than it is. We keep our cliqueing in the spam thread anyway. Other threads, in particular the tennis talk threads are about tennis for most parts. You rarely see cliquers post non-tennis stuff in the tennis threads.
Report SabineIsGOAT June 17, 2018 11:45 AM BST
If the people like yourself came on here more to contribute in tennis discussions instead of just lurking and then only posting to complain about how dead the forum is that might help
Report caramba June 17, 2018 11:52 AM BST
That is also true.
For years, the main complaint, mainly by people not contributing anything, about the megathreads was that were was too much non-tennis discussion going on in the megathreads and that made it hard to follow the tennis discussion. Fair enough, they had a point so tennis talk threads were created so that tennis discussion could be kept there and other discussion be kept in Spam/OT threads.
Report mesmerised June 17, 2018 12:18 PM BST
Propaganda talk above imo.
Report niten June 17, 2018 12:20 PM BST
i preffered the combined megathread.
Report n88uk June 17, 2018 8:52 PM BST
Can't win really, the combined mega thread was unpopular with many too. Also with the big events coming up where the forum is generally more popular it would be even more messy than normal when World Cup is going on at same time. People go generally stay on topic in tennis talk, but not like I can actually control everyone.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com