Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
caramba
03 Aug 17 03:05
| Topic/replies: 157,947 | Blogger: caramba's blog
And by that I mean coaching pros, so not just having an academy.
Out of the current top guys, I think Andy Murray is most likely, maybe on the WTA tour. Don't think any of the other big 4 will work as full time coaches, but can see them do short-time work with players, similar to what Agassi, Lendl, Edberg and McEnroe has been doing in recent years, especially Roger. Wouldn't surprise me to see someone like Ferrer as coach either.
On the women's side I see Petkovic as a natural leader so unless she develops an even bigger hate for tennis towards the end of her actice career I see a future for her in that capacity unless she goes the broadcasting route. But she could always do both. From what I've heard in interviews Simona Halep has a good understanding of and passion for the sport and has taken a leadership role in Fed Cup when necessary so I think there's a good chance she'll end up as coach as well. Kerber and Niculescu are other likely names. And of course Nicole Melichar Happy. I don't really see Serena, Maria or Vika as future coaches.
Who do you see as future coaches and do you think the money in today's tennis will mean more players are financially set and therefore won't feel the need to take jobs as coaches, at least not full time?
Pause Switch to Standard View Who out of today's players do you see...
Show More
Report scandanavian_haven August 3, 2017 2:58 PM BST
it's unlikely today's top players will become full time coaches of the future because of two reasons, 1) they don't need the money and 2) they would retire so fulfilled with their lot they just would not have the motivation. If any of them did, it would only be in a part time capacity, a bit like Lendl / Agassi.

I can see Stosur doing some coaching though.
Report wisewords August 3, 2017 3:09 PM BST
Lower ranked players who never make it to the very top level of the game, say WTA players ranked 50-90 for most of their careers, will be more motivated to become coaches imo. They've already demonstrated their passion and love for the game grinding it out at that level, and will be more likely to need income post playing career.
Report nofx August 21, 2017 2:38 PM BST
Hopefully, Fran Love she'd be the best.
BS may be. usual suspects in in Fedcup you're best bet probably. everyone I think of that might make a good coach already made too much money. Heather may be. just because you're a head case on court doesn't mean you can't give good advice. hell it might even help
Report nofx August 21, 2017 2:39 PM BST
your* why does this stupid board not have an edit function
Report caramba August 22, 2017 7:20 PM BST
to prevent aftertiming.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com