Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mesmerised
30 Jan 15 12:18
| Topic/replies: 29,808 | Blogger: mesmerised's blog
They wont be swapping trophies this year, Novak will be 5 up down under

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 30  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 30 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 1,167
By:
stewarty b
When: 30 Jan 15 12:24
Murray overpriced at 2/1 imo.
By:
yyyy
When: 30 Jan 15 12:41
Djoko at 1.5 is excellent to lay. He will trade higher, for sure. If Andy cannot take a set, then Djoko will win one for him! If he could have done it for Stan then he can do that for Murr as well.

I am going to LAY Nole from start. And sell it at 2.0 Because Novak ver2008 is fully operational nowadays!
By:
Platini
When: 30 Jan 15 12:44
my green is 60% Joker, 40% Murray

I won't be levelling up. happy enough with that.
By:
mesmerised
When: 30 Jan 15 13:15
agree with yyyy, he will no doubt be higher during the match
By:
nofx
When: 30 Jan 15 13:16
not really a fair fight, only one is bringing their girlfriend
By:
Platini
When: 30 Jan 15 13:50
#kimsearswatchingthefinal

#havethatyouflashserb****

Laugh
By:
Platini
When: 30 Jan 15 13:52
#havethatyouflashserb****
By:
Platini
When: 30 Jan 15 13:52
banker WinkLaugh
By:
judorick
When: 30 Jan 15 14:01
the first set will be decisive, if Murray wins he will be about a 1.9-2.0 shot, maybe a touch lower, but if he loses he will be an 11 shot

in my virtual market in my head that is, not predicting what the market will actually be

for me if Murray wants to win he has to take charge early and get on top
By:
mesmerised
When: 30 Jan 15 14:12
tbf The advantage Murray has is the extra days rest, and Novak's match going 5 sets, even though it was 5th set bagel, Murray even looks fresher, but Djokovic's passive body language is a smokescreen, he will bring his A game, and his A game is better than Murray's who serve and average second serve against the best returner will probably let him down
By:
judorick
When: 30 Jan 15 14:17
pfft no real advantage in the extra day, certainly not enough to make the difference between victory and defeat anyway

it is going to be tight early and it will probably come down to a few key points as usual - do you hold when under pressure and do you convert when you have the chance to get an advantage

the last time these two played in Oz, Murray missed a break point in the 4th set by about 2 inches on the base line which completely turned the match, had it gone in and they played a fifth set anything could have happened

still maintain the first set is vital, once we know that then the picture will be much clearer.

Novak will need to play MUCH better if he wants to win and he acknowledged that himself, tough to call right now
By:
YOMOMMA
When: 30 Jan 15 14:51
Why is Djokovic favourite. Murray will bash him to pieces.
By:
Platini
When: 30 Jan 15 15:47
it's an open looking final

unlike the women's Laugh
By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 30 Jan 15 16:03
Djokovic performances have not warranted this price imo, wherease Murray whilst should still be outsider, should be closer, I would lay Djokovic at that price, I don't think Murray is as slow a starter as he used to be anyway. To lose 4 Aussie finals to the same player would be hard to take, ask Federer
By:
darren_discombobulates_sports
When: 30 Jan 15 18:37
I would like Murray to win but Djokovic leaves me with the impression he is saving his best for last, a lot of top players always play to the level they need to to get through, against Murray he will raise his level, I think we can all agree whatever happens, a player of Murray's ability deserves more than 2 slams.
By:
mesmerised
When: 30 Jan 15 20:28

^ Murray has class, I'll give him that. Unlike his brother.
By:
yyyy
When: 31 Jan 15 02:49
i thought Djokovic is injured? Some blistards on his feet?
By:
mesmerised
When: 31 Jan 15 11:46
The Tennis great, one Barry Cowan has spoken

Andy Murray against Novak Djokovic in Sunday’s Australian Open final will be “another classic”, believes Barry Cowan.

"I'm 100 per cent convinced that Andy will do himself justice, play some great tennis but Djokovic is the better player."
Barry Cowan
Djokovic defeated reigning champion Stan Wawrinka in five sets on Friday to set up his third Melbourne Park final against Murray, who beat Tomas Berdych in their semi-final.

The final will be a battle of fitness and mentality, believes Cowan, rather than a tactical encounter.

“Often we talk about tactics, but with these two when they're playing, it will be which one doesn't switch off for long periods,” said the Sky Sports expert.

Murray v Djokovic: US Open 2014
“That really was a decisive factor when they played at the US Open [2014 quarter-final] which was an incredible match for two sets and then it was Murray who blinked and Djokovic ran away with it in the end.

“Both are strong and I think the winner will be whoever is more courageous and whoever doesn't have that dip.

“Tactics in every match play a part, but when it’s a Djokovic-Roger Federer match for example, Federer has to play a certain way to execute his tactics and has to come forward.

“But I think for Andy and Djokovic it will become physical. When they played in that US Open final in 2012 and in the Australian Open that year, their words were 'are you ready for a physical battle?' and 'are you ready to go four and a half hours?’"

Cowan is convinced that an in-form Murray can push the world No 1 into an enthralling final but ultimately believes a third Grand Slam will be a step too far for the Scot.

Murray v Djokovic: Paris 2014
“I think we could be in for another classic,” he continued. “But I just have to say Djokovic will win because he's world No 1, because he's the one that's won more Slams, because he's the one that has a huge recent head-to-head record. He's won seven out of the last eight against Murray with the exception being the Wimbledon final.

“Djokovic is the best player in the world and rightly so because he's the one that's been able to win the bigger matches in the last 18 months than the rest of his peers. Unfortunately, I'm going to go with Djokovic to win in four or five sets.

“I'm 100 per cent convinced that Andy will do himself justice and play some great tennis but Djokovic is the better player. Whatever happens, it should be a very promising 2015 for Andy.”
By:
judorick
When: 31 Jan 15 11:52
Martina Navratilova thinks Andy Murray is favourite to win Laugh

with Nole trading at 1.49 I don't think she has grasped the concept of betting odds nor the meaning of the word 'favourite'

Laugh
By:
aaronh
When: 31 Jan 15 12:09
often I think people confuse thinking X will win with X will then be the fave, especially if it's close-ish
By:
YOMOMMA
When: 31 Jan 15 12:59
Murray is the favourite, he is playing the much better Tennis.
By:
yyyy
When: 31 Jan 15 19:28

Jan 31, 2015 -- 12:09PM, aaronh wrote:

often I think people confuse thinking X will win with X will then be the fave, especially if it's close-ish

that's right. Cannot be favourite the player who is 3.1 odds of winning. He can win though.

By:
aaronh
When: 31 Jan 15 22:42
Andy Murray against Novak Djokovic in Sunday’s Australian Open final will be “another classic”, believes Barry Cowan.

Laugh
By:
johnnythebull
When: 31 Jan 15 23:36
hope this lives up to the hype
used to dislike muzza but now q like him
used to think his gf was run of the mill
but now think she's not that bad and has risen inestimably in my opinion after her little 'tirade' the other day
have been q impressed by andy's play & more to the point his serving
seems more at peace with himself on court
less prone to self implosion & wasting nervous energy self ranting
nothing against djoko...intelligent,eloquent,urbane guy
terrific athlete
but as a brit who isn't financially involved be nice for muzza to pull it off
imho fairly crucial muzza takes 1st set(not the quickest out of the traps ordinarily tho') o/wise has a veritable mountain to climb
By:
northanlite
When: 01 Feb 15 01:33
i think the first set is far more crucial for djoker.
i can't see past murray, i think he wins in 3 without  too much drama.
i have been wrong before tho Cool
By:
judorick
When: 01 Feb 15 01:41
it is extremely crucial, from a statistical POV, that Murray wins the first set

Djokovic is something like 91 to 94% (can't remember the exact numbers) over his whole ATP career when he wins the first set

and in 23 matches vs Andy, Djokovic has never lost after winning the first set (12 from 12)

while Andy Murray has lost 4 times after winning the first set so he probably needs to win the first two sets to stand a chance

this is why ND is a 1.49 shot, will only flip if Muzz goes 2-0
By:
northanlite
When: 01 Feb 15 01:51
i'm going purely on the way they shape up right now.
i'm a big stats fan but i'm bigger fan of backing what you see, that is murray being the better player right now
as i say i get it wrong often but get it right now & again.
enjoy the game, should be good Cool
By:
songsforthedeaf
When: 01 Feb 15 01:59
Murray looks huge value to me, based on a) watching them at the AO, particularly the semis, b) Djokovics play at recent slams and c)that Mauresmo might just be an excellent coach and has Murray on the up.

A lay of Djok 3-0 @4 is a safe a bet as you will ever have.
Speculative bet on Murray 3-0 @13. He's done it before.

GL all.
By:
judorick
When: 01 Feb 15 02:02
yes

I was ONLY  highlighting the stats as they relate to Djoko over all and the H2H
By:
judorick
When: 01 Feb 15 02:04
so of course, it could all be different
By:
northanlite
When: 01 Feb 15 02:06
who do you think the crowd will be rooting for?
murray seems fairly popular down under but novak has earned respect.
By:
judorick
When: 01 Feb 15 02:09
they usually support the under dog so I expect support for Muzz
By:
yyyy
When: 01 Feb 15 02:48

Jan 31, 2015 -- 10:42PM, aaronh wrote:

and then if Djokovic beats Murray, the headlines will be: ANDY AND NOLE MADE THE HISTORY".Cry However, if Murra iwns then t would be: "HISTORICAL WIN OF THE BRIT". When Murray has early exit then the headline is: "THE SCOTT LOST AGAIN". Laugh

By:
yyyy
When: 01 Feb 15 02:50

Feb 1, 2015 -- 1:59AM, songsforthedeaf wrote:

Murray looks huge value to me, based on a) watching them at the AO, particularly the semis, b) Djokovics play at recent slams and c)that Mauresmo might just be an excellent coach and has Murray on the up.A lay of Djok 3-0 @4 is a safe a bet as you will ever have.Speculative bet on Murray 3-0 @13. He's done it before.GL all.

c)that Mauresmo might just be an excellent coach and has Murray on the up.

By:
yyyy
When: 01 Feb 15 02:50
Ohh...I am sure, she already made Murr on the UP! Laugh
By:
Lifter
When: 01 Feb 15 03:12
Muzza @ 3s a must bet
By:
northanlite
When: 01 Feb 15 07:38
if they close the roof that 3.00 does not look quite so good imo.
it appears to be in the balance with the roof, i would guess novak is keen to roll it over
By:
northanlite
When: 01 Feb 15 08:08
this roof situation is becoming a huge deal. possibly more in the minds of the combatants than in real terms but that still becomes a big deal. any edge is an edge at this level.
By:
Latalomne
When: 01 Feb 15 08:19
The H2H makes the prices bang on but the evidence of this tournament so far makes Murray substantially bigger than he should be.
Page 1 of 30  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 30 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com