Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Good for nothing
11 Aug 14 13:18
| Topic/replies: 517 | Blogger: Good for nothing's blog
something wierd going on or is it just me seeing this ? back at start odds after winning first set , hardly move when going up a break in the next set .  goes back to start set for a break point to get back to even in the second set
Pause Switch to Standard View westerof vs antal
Show More
Report Desert Pilot August 11, 2014 2:21 PM BST
Agree. Westerhof must be struggling with an injury, or something dodgy going on.

An awful lot has been traded on this game.
Report Good for nothing August 11, 2014 2:22 PM BST
and weserhof stared at 5 is now at over 10 for being up one set lol
Report Good for nothing August 11, 2014 2:22 PM BST
this started before the match even started he went from 4 to 5 in seconds.
Report Good for nothing August 11, 2014 2:25 PM BST
lol got back to tennis yesterday thinking the matchfixing was over , this is sooooo out in the open u could even see it so easy , the odds did not change pretty much what ever hof did lol
Report Desert Pilot August 11, 2014 2:37 PM BST
Game now level pegging but Antal is 1.03 !!!!
Report Good for nothing August 11, 2014 2:39 PM BST
odds getting higher lol becuse hof is not folding right away , maybe a reverse fix comming in lol
Report bartonshelmet August 11, 2014 2:51 PM BST
Wow.
Report Good for nothing August 11, 2014 2:57 PM BST
one million missed breakpoints lol
Report bartonshelmet August 11, 2014 2:59 PM BST
How come betfair doesn't close obvious fixed games like this one?
Report Good for nothing August 11, 2014 2:59 PM BST
the fix is strong in this one , might have looked alitle beliveble if it was not for the money pouring in on antal all the time during the game at the weirdest odds for a guy down one set and one break.
Report Good for nothing August 11, 2014 3:01 PM BST
good question been like this since i first got here and that was 2008 , maybe they like giving money to criminals ? i dont know, they never cared about fixing thats for sure.
Report bjvv August 11, 2014 10:50 PM BST
story has been picked up by a few big dutch mainstream media. van der duim commented he was not approached,  and bettors are just frustrated when they lose and are talking bs.

hopefully this will blow up in his face.
Report YOMOMMA August 11, 2014 10:57 PM BST
i dont no y da fu k they put challenger tennis up. only time anyone bets on it is when there's a fix happening.
Report YOMOMMA August 11, 2014 11:32 PM BST
had a look at the odds:

antal van der duim was heavy odds on to win 2-1 before the match started and yes he won 2-1. the normal odds would be 4.00+

match odds went from 3.75 to 1.3 before the start. Laugh wot a fix.
Report iRunSoBad August 11, 2014 11:56 PM BST
just unbelievable. As stated in earlier post, van der duim quote went from +/- 3 to 1.3 in basically 5 minutes. The weirdest part of all was that the quote of van der duim winning the game didnt change a lot after he lost a set. It went to 1.5 for a short moment (which is abnormal already, should be way higher), but went back to 1.3 even before the second set had started. Its just such a shame that betfair allows this to happen and am still hoping for a void (Since both are almost the same ranking i bet Westerhof to win and cashed out with a decent loss).
Report DStyle August 12, 2014 12:25 AM BST
YOMOMMA 11 Aug 14 23:32 
had a look at the odds:

antal van der duim was heavy odds on to win 2-1 before the match started and yes he won 2-1. the normal odds would be 4.00+

match odds went from 3.75 to 1.3 before the start. Laugh wot a fix.

and despite westerhof being 4s to win outright from the off, he was favourite in the Set 01 Winner market Laugh

given that it's two no-hopers, there's nothing to stop the TIU doing something for once.
Report caramba August 12, 2014 1:07 AM BST

Aug 11, 2014 -- 4:50PM, bjvv wrote:

story has been picked up by a few big dutch mainstream media. van der duim commented he was not approached,  and bettors are just frustrated when they lose and are talking bs.hopefully this will blow up in his face.

yeah, I saw that. nice work if you had something to do with it. while it may not lead to anything, getting this out there in media will not hurt either.

Report bjvv August 12, 2014 11:25 AM BST
dutch tennis assocation say they have reported the match to the Tennis Integrity Unit
Report YOMOMMA August 12, 2014 12:36 PM BST
The tennis integrity unit is an oxymoron, (same like Betfair is). I think I read some where they have only ever banned 3 players for match fixing. Juan Ignacio Chela fixed matches well in to double figures and nothing was ever done about him. Fixarevic, Llodra, Davydenko... they fixed plenty aswell.
Report SIR_Bond August 12, 2014 12:46 PM BST
Bunch of fixers
Report YOMOMMA August 12, 2014 2:17 PM BST
The tennis integrity unit is based in Roehampton, London. What the hell do Brits barring Andy Murray know about tennis??? No wonder the game is so bent.
Report bjvv August 12, 2014 2:59 PM BST
i think what's different about this one though, regardless of what the TIU will do, a blatant fix like this became mainstream news, while in the past it was never really even picked up. it's even in the afternoon news on all dutch tv stations now.
apart from a few desperate gamblers like ourselves nobody ever heard of these guys before today: after today a lot of people here will remember them and not for their tennis career. when they start looking for a proper job in the next few years, any employer will google them and find a lot more about this particular match than anything else they have ever done. doesn't make them look good.

it's kind of trial by social media and that's kind of scary in a way. but it might frighten off others in doing the same opposed to the old days where guys like chela could fix a few games a year and nobody except us would ever notice.
Report caramba August 12, 2014 3:08 PM BST
when they start looking for a proper job in the next few years, any employer will google them and find a lot more about this particular match than anything else they have ever done. doesn't make them look good.

interesting observation, I hadn't thought about that.
Report Good for nothing August 12, 2014 3:54 PM BST
also hope betfair voids it , but i guess they wont.
Report iRunSoBad August 12, 2014 4:00 PM BST
is there some sort of statement given by betfair about this match? As said, it has been in the dutch media for two days now and i think it would be more then fair to at least state that you are investigating the betting on this match..
Report dj876 August 12, 2014 4:18 PM BST
Betfair (Oxymoron) won't even allow links to be posted on this topic.BF encourages opaqueness and the integrity (increased betting volume) of challenger tournaments,no chance of them voiding the match. Fixers are very profitable for this listed company as of course they have a profit sharing relationship.

http://www.sportdw.com/2014/08/how-to-fix-tennis-match-by-boy.html?m=1
Report Good for nothing August 12, 2014 4:31 PM BST
nice link :D
Report hornetsman August 12, 2014 5:59 PM BST
There is no chance of Betfair voiding. Betfair can't affect the result, if you don't like the odds up when your placing your bet, don't make a bet (and I speak as someone on the wrong end of a fix a couple of years ago, which cost me a lot of money).
Report DStyle August 13, 2014 12:30 PM BST
betfair don't need to give a statement. they don't police the integrity of tennis. They have an MoU with the TIU and it is up to the latter to address the corruption, not betfair.

furthermore, faith in the integrity of markets is far more valuable to them than the small amount of commission they'd rake in on a sh1tfest like this one.

but honestly, if you lost on this, you are a prize idiot.

never, in the history of tennis betting here, has there been a more obviously bent event. whilst the match odds have been indicative of something being up numerous times before, i have never seen a script so strongly corroborated by the set betting markets, which were so grotesquely out of function with the match odds, both before and during the match.

quite frankly whoever was in the know, had absolute sh1t for brains. the only people more stupid than these idiots were those who thought nothing was up.

As for trial by social media, i don't agree. There are rumblings every day, there was a clearly bent match a couple of months ago played on the challenger circuit in China, which no-one cared about. The issue here is that it was so shamelessly blatant that even a monkey could understand what happened.

I've said it before, if the TIU  were in the slightest bit capable, they should have intervened either before or during this match, letting Westerhof and Antal know that they knew what was happening, confiscating their communication devices, and that the match would be investigated in full.
Report iRunSoBad August 14, 2014 9:47 AM BST
Of course i had the feeling something wasnt right (mostly after the first set when the quote still didnt go past the 1.5 and even at 3-0 was around 1.5). But the moment someone is up a set and 3-0, find the balls to cash out for a 2% green rate.... It was partly the greedyness in me that just couldnt believe what was going on and thought that i could cash big here. Its just a shame this happens, i am not a big better, but it just ruins my day. Big betters will always benefit from this since they will mostly be more into this stuff and know way more about it/ will reconize it faster. Myself, im just a small better looking at some bets and looking for some fun. Something that is taken away for some time now, since now im thinking everything is a fix
Report caramba September 4, 2014 2:09 PM BST
Any update on this? I see these guys are still on the challenger tour playing tennis.
Report hornetsman September 4, 2014 2:29 PM BST
With the record of Westerhof and Van Der Duim. I am amazed that any reputable Betting firms are offering odds and taking bets on them. Bookmaking has a pretty poor reputation at the best of times..................... why supposedly reputable firms are offering odds on these two baring what went on last time is incredible!
Report iRunSoBad September 9, 2014 1:31 PM BST
and again i see van der duim available to bet on... people just need to be warned that he has a reputation and should be protected imo
Report YOMOMMA September 9, 2014 3:01 PM BST
The tennis integrity unit (TIU) is a joke.
Report dj876 September 10, 2014 12:39 PM BST
Brave men to back Westy @ 1.03,I didn't watch the game or the betting,anything suspicious or just mugged it away
Report DStyle September 11, 2014 1:20 PM BST
it's interesting how gambling can make people take a very self centred perspective on things.

the people i feel genuinely sorry for are all of the people who have lost to antal and westerhof in the last month.

(mind you, it's not a particularly long list)
Report iRunSoBad September 11, 2014 7:10 PM BST
thanks xD
Report DStyle September 9, 2015 12:24 PM BST
last night's lapentti match got me thinking about this.

interesting tweet from chris goldsmith 2 days ago.

Chris Goldsmith ‏@TheTennisTalker Sep 7

Our friends Antal Van Der Duim and Boy Westerhof haven't been seen much recently........
5:24 AM - 7 Sep 2015 · Details

westerhof hasn't played since july; der duim since april.
Report mouse trap September 9, 2015 3:52 PM BST
Van Der Duim played a futures tournament in Oldenzaal 3 weeks ago. Won the 1st round and gave w.o. in the 2nd.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com