Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
The Bhoys
25 Jun 13 22:12
| Topic/replies: 40,701 | Blogger: The Bhoys's blog
Im growing increasingly suspicus of him. Last year won the french open with ease citing no knee problems. 2 weeks later out in 2nd round of wimbeldon and then has to take 7 months out to rest his knee or knees. Then he returns on clay and reaches the final of ervery tournament and even wins a tournament on hard court which is the worst surface for bad knees and then goes on to win the french open again all be it at 75 percent and again out early at wimbeldon citing knee trouble again. Im a big fan of rafa but ive gota say this is not normal, can grass really be that different to clay in terms of agressive on bad knees?
Pause Switch to Standard View Is nadal a doper?
Show More
Report 3setpoints June 26, 2013 2:28 AM BST
you saying he dopes the clay season then stops as soon as the grass season starts?
Report Has this ever happened before? June 26, 2013 2:31 AM BST
apparently going to be play a clay event after wimbledon Crazy
Report aaronh June 26, 2013 2:32 AM BST
sticking around here as made bhoys question is support for Rafa

pretty funny
Report ArmchairIdiot June 26, 2013 3:31 AM BST
A doper? No....he's just a very naughty boy.
Report CAPS LOCK June 26, 2013 8:31 AM BST
It is quite clearly the exertion of the French plus the lower bounce on grass requiring often requiring a stoop.
Doping? Stoopid.
Report nicky27 June 26, 2013 9:39 AM BST
no warm up tournament for grass , maybe knackered from reaching the final of every tournament on clay , there didn't seem to be much fight in him during that Darcis match (especially in the third set )... dunno , it is strange , i reckon Murray beats Djoko in the final this year
Report The Bhoys June 26, 2013 9:48 AM BST
its very strange, he wasnt fully fit at french open il admit, but can a lower ball bounce really make that much difference to his knee?
Report jin_kazz June 26, 2013 9:55 AM BST
what were the signs of him not being fully fit @ french open?

and why he wanna get out of Wimbers ASAP? Dopers in town?

PS: maybe aza also wanna run away? 'coz her knee also became injured suddenly
Report jin_kazz June 26, 2013 9:57 AM BST
i don't understand how someone can be not fully fit and outlast Novak in a 5-setter
Report Journeyman June 26, 2013 10:09 AM BST
'Anyone who knows anything isn't talking, and anyone with any sense isn't talking.
Therefore the people who are talking...., by definition, are people who don't know anything and people who don't have a hell of a lot of sense'

- Donald Rumsfeld
Report jin_kazz June 26, 2013 10:11 AM BST
yeah, shut up muggers and sit quiet here.
Report tweedy June 26, 2013 10:48 AM BST
LOVE your quote Journeyman - incredible sense from an american!
Report bb66 June 26, 2013 10:55 AM BST
Rumsfeld=idiot and a big cheater to start US war
Report jin_kazz June 26, 2013 10:59 AM BST

Jun 26, 2013 -- 4:55AM, bb66 wrote:

Rumsfeld=idiot and a big cheater to start US war

+1

you should read his quote like: i know a lot of dirty US secrets and you won't know them never

Report Princesse D'Anjou June 26, 2013 11:06 AM BST
Sure the Operation Puerto bloodbags would make interesting reading - the original enquiry was shelved allegedly as it heavily implicated other Spanish sports stars who were not cyclists.

Didn't Rafa sod off to South America after last Wimbledon to play matches down there for a few months?
Report edy June 26, 2013 11:11 AM BST
No, he stopped immediately after Wimbledon, then came back for the south american swing this year.

Nadal also repeatedly requested the blood bags or names to be released because he's sick of being connected with that and also called for harder doping controls recently. The cynics among you will say "oh, he is just saying that because he knows neither is gonna happen anyway. What a smart cheater he is". Maybe he is, I don't know.
Report A_T June 26, 2013 11:22 AM BST
I've never had any doubt whatsoever. The patterns in his career are suspicious to say the least. Most recently the 7 month layoff citing bad knees then comes back almost invincible. Dope testing is easy to get around in tennis - last year there were in total only 81 out of competition blood tests.
Report A_T June 26, 2013 11:25 AM BST
Nadal, Wiggins, Bolt - 1.01
Report 3setpoints June 26, 2013 11:25 AM BST
81 what?
Report bb66 June 26, 2013 11:25 AM BST
edy, why do you call me a cynic?Shocked
Report edy June 26, 2013 11:26 AM BST
Sorry, let's just call you negatively biased against Nadal in particular. Silly
Report DStyle June 26, 2013 11:27 AM BST
the most obvious contender is djokovic.

nadal came onto the tour as a superhuman teenager and a large part of his success is down to his incredible intensity.

djokovic on the other hand went from a player with clear stamina problems to a superhuman, no more so than in australia in 2012, and on the way felt that it was necessary to publicly account for his "improvement", be it the gluten free diet or the wonderful CVAC pod.
Report aaronh June 26, 2013 11:29 AM BST
the egg Cool
Report edy June 26, 2013 11:30 AM BST
Don't think the 7 months layoff and Nadal then coming back reasonably strong (he didn't actually look that good in his first two tournaments. Lost to Zeballos and then Berlocq was very close to winning against Rafa on clay until he kind of gave it away) on a surface he has dominated for years, plus one horribly slow hard court in the desert is all that suspicious.

He just obviously made sure he didn't rush his return and was well prepared.
Report 3setpoints June 26, 2013 11:30 AM BST
interesting post DStyle
Report bb66 June 26, 2013 11:32 AM BST
it's not negatively biased calling him smartWinkLaugh
Report edy June 26, 2013 11:35 AM BST
I don't have doubt that going gluten-free can make you feel better and stronger. Not necessarily because you're gluten-intolerant, but because you will probably make sure to substitute the grains with more nutritious foods.

Djokovic's transformation from whiny lil boy who always had trouble catching his breath after at best 90 minutes of play to superhuman stamina freak that can outlast the fittest of the fittest did go horribly quick though as DStyle said.
Report bb66 June 26, 2013 11:36 AM BST
Nadull had superhuman power aged 17, where did it come from??? Djoker worked on his weaknesses to overcome them becoming a top player
Report aaronh June 26, 2013 11:39 AM BST
If you think Nadal is suspicious, you have to think Djokovic is too surely
Report lurka June 26, 2013 11:42 AM BST
they are both suspect at certain stages in their career. Bolt is a 1,01 for me, wiggins a slightly higher price but not much
Report edy June 26, 2013 11:47 AM BST
Did Nadal really come on tour looking superhuman?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CvCxCnOC7Q

Doesn't look to have a superhuman physique to me. I think people's memory is playing tricks on them. Mind you, I didn't really follow tennis intensively at that time so I could be very wrong. Can only go from the youtube clips I've seen. Nadal has always drawn from insane intensity, similar to Hewitt from that same video btw. Somehow Djokovic found that intensity within him as well in the winter of 2010/2011.

Nadal did bulk up considerably at one stage, but that is not beyond the realms of possibility for someone with that kind of natural intensity. Most other people just can't do it because they quite frankly train like pussies. "Oh let's do one more set. One, two, three, four, fiiive...meh, this is too hard and I don't feel like pushing myself today. I want a hamburger".
Report A_T June 26, 2013 11:47 AM BST
Lots of suspects in the top players - Nadal an almost certainty, Djokovic maybe but doesn't have the mysterious breaks from playing like Nadal (has there ever been an injury like Nadal's knees? Supposed problems for years but never any surgery. He's like Ledley King except King would break down after one match whereas Nadal keeps going for months). Murray these days is built like a super-middleweight. Ferrer too very little shots is his game but at 31 can keep going for ever.
Report lurka June 26, 2013 11:51 AM BST
the brazilian ronaldo's knee problems apparently stem from him being doped with steroids at PSV as a skinny 17 year old. The muscles in his legs grew too big for his tendons to handle and he was left with persistent knee injuries for the rest of his career
Report sofiakenny June 26, 2013 11:53 AM BST
Nadal Djocky Ferrer Errani Serina...all nearly cert doughpers
Muzz maybe Roger no.
Report DStyle June 26, 2013 11:59 AM BST
murray improved his strength and stamina hugely as well.

but quietly posted up videos of his performing absurd fitness drills in the heat and humidity of miami in the off season. it's also been a gradual improvement.

no doubt a gluten free diet cam help, and the CVAC pod may as well, but why does nole feel compelled to share this with us. there was also that funny interview with courier where unprompted he started talking about it.

unsolicited defense of absent accusations stinks of something of hide.

and what's wrong with the answer of hard work....
Report Whisperingdeath June 26, 2013 12:05 PM BST
I think Nadal's muscles never looked hard.  Murray and Djok look lean and tight, real hard training I think.  Take a good look at Nadal's body now, strange at times.  As a 19yo kid he was a monster.  Most Spanish kids are stick thin.  I have had doubts but he is one hell of a tennis player whatever.  Add to that the Spanish Doctor and it doesn't look good.  I think one day it might come out.
Report lurka June 26, 2013 12:10 PM BST
don't agree with that DStyle, there is always a ddeflection/explanation for a huge spike in performance to stop the inevitable doping suspicions before they can gain momentum
Report sofiakenny June 26, 2013 12:14 PM BST
lets not forget the ladies..Errani and her miraculous improvement due to her "bigger racket...YEAH RIGHT..Serena locking herself in her"panic room" when the drug testers turned up at her pad..she thought they were robbers..YEAH RIGHT.
Report lurka June 26, 2013 12:23 PM BST
serena is on HGH imo, errani is the most suspect of them all IMO
Report sofiakenny June 26, 2013 12:30 PM BST
Errani and Ferrer both play out of the same academy in Valencia
Report Princesse D'Anjou June 26, 2013 12:31 PM BST
Thanks for correcting me Edy - good use of "well prepared", coincidentally that was the expression that cyclists used in the late 80's and early 90's as a code word for doping.
Report DonNo1 June 26, 2013 12:33 PM BST
"Tennis isn't really mixed up in doping. We already undergo the same drug tests, or more, as others. I don't think doping in tennis makes much sense."

Laugh

I'd like to think Nadal doesn't but he acts extremely naive about it

Overend made an interesting point on Odesnik the other day, he got his ban reduced for helping the authorities yet it's not like anyone else has been exposed since and they refuse to say how he helped

The sooner extensive blood tests come in the better, it's ridiculous considering the money in the sport
Report lurka June 26, 2013 12:55 PM BST
why wasn't nadal calling for the release of names on the blood bags 7 years ago when they were initially found, rather than waiting until after a court had ordered that they be destroyed. that decision was always designed to protect spanish dopers
Report lurka June 26, 2013 1:21 PM BST
darcis withdraws?!!
Report sofiakenny June 26, 2013 1:25 PM BST
so what lurka??
Report The Bhoys June 26, 2013 1:31 PM BST
im not saying rafa is a doper but it looks increasingly suspicious, i dont think he was 100 percent at french in all honesty even tho he did outlast novak best of 5. Was signs al through that tourny he wasnt quite al  there. Djocko for me is a doper, u dont go from retiring every long match to being superhuman outlasting a beast thatis nadal. Murray also slightly suspicious. Fed i dont no really
Report teo813 June 26, 2013 1:38 PM BST
http://tennishasasteroidproblem.blogspot.se/2011/02/curious-case-of-rafael-n...
Report teo813 June 26, 2013 1:39 PM BST
http://tennishasasteroidproblem.blogspot.se/
Report jin_kazz June 26, 2013 1:40 PM BST
nadal was absolutely fit @ garros

he's not so good these days as he was previously and maybe that's why you thought that he's not fit.

novak wasn't fit, but nadal was ok.
Report lurka June 26, 2013 1:55 PM BST
Sofia, i saw no signs of an injury with Darcis, just find it strange that he withdraws very suddenly 2 days after showing no signs of injury against nadal.
Report 3setpoints June 26, 2013 2:11 PM BST
did nole used to retire a lot?
Report The Bhoys June 26, 2013 2:12 PM BST
yes he would withdraw in slams because of fatique and other slight things alot not now because with no gluten hes a machine Wink
Report Welshie5121 June 26, 2013 2:26 PM BST
Why would Darcis retire after the biggest win of his career?

That is where the questions should lay.
Report jin_kazz June 26, 2013 2:27 PM BST
players can improve without dope

dunno what time do you mean by i guess that novak was much younger then now.

good physio made a machine out of his body

nadal's body isn't so good as novak's. that's why nadal isn't #1 these days
Report lurka June 26, 2013 2:29 PM BST
anyone got the link to that youtube vid of novak's interview after beating niemenen in basel nov 2010 in straight sets where he was panting and v tired. one month before he started a 50 odd match unbeaten run?
Report 3setpoints June 26, 2013 2:55 PM BST
was that the Turning point?
Report jin_kazz June 26, 2013 3:48 PM BST
djoko was #3 for 3 years already before basel'2010

it wasn't like some mug on dope jumped out of nowhere and began to crush everyone :) he was improving slowly and then he made his killer run in 2011
Report The Bhoys June 26, 2013 3:49 PM BST
alot of complaints about the courts and a few have withdrawn with bad knees, maybe nadal isnt faking it, he did look to be hurting to be fair but its 2 years in a row out early doors after winning french that gets me alarmed
Report aaronh June 26, 2013 4:06 PM BST
Devil
Report lurka June 26, 2013 5:38 PM BST
he was improving slowly and then he improved dramatically overnight, that's what's supicious.
Report The Bhoys November 2, 2013 12:19 PM GMT
Why is bolt so short to be doped? did his carrer improve dramitacllay aswell?
Report bb66 November 2, 2013 12:25 PM GMT
Bolt ran fantastic times over 200 at the age of 17 already
Report A_T November 2, 2013 2:52 PM GMT
huge improvement on his 100m best in relatively short time

.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/27/Usain_Bolt_100m_SB-2007-12.png

even if the testers caught him they'd cover it up - too much $$$ at stake for everyone
Report Ozmugpunter November 3, 2013 1:54 AM GMT
I  d o n ' t  k n o w  a b o u t  h i m  b e i n g  a  d o p e r ,  b u t  I  d o  k n o w  t h a t  h e ' s  a  f u c k i n g  a r s e h o l e .
Report marychain1 January 12, 2014 2:54 PM GMT
Biggest undiscovered doper in sport
Report dlarssonf January 12, 2014 3:32 PM GMT
CryCryCry
Report horsenipples January 13, 2014 6:06 AM GMT
I used to defend Nadal against the accusations but last year did it for me.  NOBODY comes back after so long looking so fit and so fresh after an injury. 

And you don't go right back to the surface that supposedly hurt you, only to clean up on it like never before. 

One thing's for absolute sure.  The guy wasn't injured.

Does he dope?  They all do IMO, but Nadal's time outs and reversals of form and suspect injuries are the ultimate poker bluff. 

He's clean until proven otherwise.  These guys have big balls.  They ALL seem to 'want' a clean sport and declare so in interviews endlessly. 

Su, yeah, SURE he's a doper bigtime.
Report yyyy January 13, 2014 7:16 AM GMT
Well, at least Federer, Djoker, Murray do it smooth, so we don't notice change in their game. Plus their game is not as physical...But, Nadal...is so obvious. Someone should teach him how to do smooth doping. Or he just does it more than anyone else, and as a such he could be easier/obvious to spot.

Whatever, Nadal is the least talented comared to the other big 3. He uses too much physical...running, running...like a horse.
Report dlarssonf January 13, 2014 8:37 AM GMT
Yep Nadal is less talented than the other 3, even though he beats them playing with his bad hand Cool
Report The Bhoys January 14, 2014 12:33 AM GMT
Nadal is least talented Laugh, nadal is class, i duno if he dopes but hes talented
Report sofiakenny January 14, 2014 1:08 AM GMT
jocky massive doughper juice at a peak for this event..nadal yep yup doughper his jjuice aimed at french open..muzza..hmm dunno maybe..fed ..no nope not at all.
Report sofiakenny January 14, 2014 1:12 AM GMT
dont get me started on errani and big momma and her"panic room".
Report The Bhoys January 14, 2014 1:17 AM GMT
big momma defo, djocko defo, rafa i duno
Report The Bhoys January 14, 2014 1:41 AM GMT
thats not true, nadal was injured twice before french open so rules out dope for me, nadal wasnt that big by the way
Report sofiakenny January 14, 2014 1:52 AM GMT
okbhoys rafa is and always has been cleaner than clean.Cool
Report The Bhoys January 14, 2014 1:56 AM GMT
im not saying that, but no solid evidence to say he is
Report A_T August 2, 2014 11:20 AM BST
nadal is missing the next 2 events and is having hormone injections on his wrist. get your money on him for the USO now. he's hiding in plain sight.
Report yyyy August 3, 2014 1:15 PM BST
...and this year the same pattern repeats! To almost wipe off the floor with Djokovic in FO FINAL, just lose to a no name couple of weeks latter in the best of 5???

Whoever he is, not a mark of a great champ, for sure.
Take a look at Federer and Djokovic. Those guys are consistant...throughout the careers. I am fan of Rafa too, but these two guys are definitely champions.

A champ is not just by winning the trophys, but also being a sportsman. Which can be told for Nole and Roger and cannot be told for Rafa.
Report dlarssonf August 3, 2014 5:30 PM BST
stop talking utter s hit yyyy  He is only man to win a slam every year for the last ten years and you say he isn't consistent ffs
Report MR. 69 August 4, 2014 12:19 AM BST
So tired to hear of these allegations. The man has tested so many times and never been caught. Here are a few reasons why he would never dope: 1. If you look at the sports history of his father and uncle they were always all about fair play. 2. His muscular development has been very consistent if comparing with the other men in his family. 3. From a motivational point he would have so much more to lose than to win. That is to say, if he quits today he would always be remembered as one of the five greatest players of all time, but if he kept competing while doped his status could quickly fall to that of Lance Armstrong. 4. He is unusually slow to return to form after an injury break, compared to many players like Nalbandian who would return from an injury break by winning three straight tournaments. It just annoys the hell out of me that just because a player excels with a "physical" style of play he should be more under the gun than a player with a graceful, non physical style of play like Federer.
Report yyyy August 4, 2014 3:11 AM BST
dlarssonf   
stop talking utter s hit yyyy  He is only man to win a slam every year for the last ten years and you say he isn't consistent ffs

Yeah..he is the only champ who wins a slam every year and he goes out early to a no name for 3 consecutive seasons!?? So suspicious to any tennis fan!
Report yyyy August 4, 2014 3:11 AM BST
Report yyyy August 4, 2014 3:13 AM BST
...goes out early in Wimbledon for 3 consecutive seasons...
Report dlarssonf August 4, 2014 9:05 AM BST
so therefore even highlighting more how consistent he is , you are contradicting yourself yyyyCryCryCryCry
Report yyyy August 4, 2014 4:29 PM BST
yeah..Rafa is really consistent when it comes to (play) INCONSISTENCY?? Laugh
Report dlarssonf August 4, 2014 5:07 PM BST
A slam each year for the last ten years , never been done by anybody else - you are an idiotLaugh
Report bb66 August 4, 2014 5:22 PM BST
as if that would be a feat - only due to the mug surface red clayCry
Report dlarssonf August 4, 2014 5:39 PM BST
so it's not a feat??? ffs .... try take your biased head off for a minuteCry
Report wockey jilson August 4, 2014 9:46 PM BST
A slam every year for 10 years is not a featGrin
Report bb66 August 4, 2014 9:58 PM BST
not if 9 were on clay
Report yyyy August 4, 2014 10:36 PM BST
CoolCry
Report yyyy August 4, 2014 10:37 PM BST
Nadala NEVR EVER defeinded a title ixcept on clay!!?
IS that a feat? Is that a CONSSTENCY? A PATTREN, for sure.
Report wockey jilson August 5, 2014 12:24 AM BST
Has Federer ever defended a title on clay, he may of, but if he hasn't very susepctConfused
Report dlarssonf August 5, 2014 9:07 AM BST
wockey jilson    04 Aug 14 21:46 
A slam every year for 10 years is not a featGrin

haha wockey jilson, bb66 and yyyy haven't much going on upstairs LaughLaugh
Report sofiakenny August 5, 2014 5:02 PM BST
he is a dough per..end off..
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com