Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
rockinreebo
03 Jul 12 11:58
| Topic/replies: 399 | Blogger: rockinreebo's blog
Went to Wimbledon yesterday.

Watched Shara v Lisicki match on Ct 1, 1st set of Murray match on Ct 1, then 2nd set of Ana v Vika on Centre and all of Djok match on Centre.  Good day, good atmosphere and Djok was a different class to anything else - absolutely outstanding.

However, came away with the conclusion that tennis without commentary is slightly boring and therefore more interesting to watch on TV.  The reason is the amount of downtime between points - if you take away replays and commentary, the downtime really is quite painful.

Anyone agree or am I missing something?
Pause Switch to Standard View Tennis better on TV?
Show More
Report HansUlrichApfelStrudel July 3, 2012 12:31 PM BST
Get sloshed on Pimms old boy.
Report ts July 3, 2012 12:38 PM BST
When I went and saw the top guys play live, their abilties seemed more magical than on tv, especially Nadal(was clay tourny). But other than that, certainly watching at home is more fun, with replays and not worrying about getting to places and waits and annoying people next to you etc.
Report Commodus July 3, 2012 12:42 PM BST
100x better watching live. Especially at Wimbledon. It's like disneyland for adults.
Report aaronh July 3, 2012 1:02 PM BST
surely it's the same watching any sport if you feel like that?
Report DonNo1 July 3, 2012 1:38 PM BST
Far better live, even if sitting side on.  You get a far better feel the the speed and power of the players, even found myself appreciating some WTA yesterday especially Azarenka's brutal returning.  Commentators a generally annoying
Report satana July 3, 2012 1:42 PM BST
u can listen yo your ipod intbetween poins or just surfe the net with the ipphoned. besides at the venue u have more chances of nice encounters, a lot women are watching tennis nowadays
Report satana July 3, 2012 1:43 PM BST
*forgive the mistakes I'm digiting from my iphone
Report razz July 3, 2012 5:30 PM BST
cant they have headsets with commentary on them like in snooker?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com