Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
coast
15 May 12 20:19
| Topic/replies: 419 | Blogger: coast's blog
It is clear that Rafa's O C D Is getting worse so how he is odds on is beyond me

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 72
By:
FlyingWallet
When: 15 May 12 20:21
I was able to lay plenty at 1.04 when he lost last week, mugs were too blind to see how his superstitious nature prevented the win, when he did that smash into the net it was free money from there on, yet he still traded at 1.01! Mugs.
By:
coast
When: 15 May 12 20:24
He Froze last week
By:
coast
When: 15 May 12 20:31
Also Stress makes the condition worse which anyone who watched with open eyes could see last week - I love the Fella myself and he is a legend but not for me anymore on the betting front
By:
The Bhoys
When: 15 May 12 20:34
superstitions?
By:
good value losers
When: 15 May 12 20:40
interesting fred .....
By:
nofx
When: 15 May 12 20:40
dismal. ffs. Charles Darwin did all right in his days, may be you heard of him?
By:
coast
When: 15 May 12 20:41
Sorry ? Superstitions ? Sorry big difference he is compelled ! Its not a choice ..Crossing your fingers for luck is a superstition but if you dont cross them you dont get high anxiety - If he doesn't fulfill a compulsion his anxiety zooms sky high!!! So he has to do it
By:
good value losers
When: 15 May 12 20:47
a few other players do the same thing with the water bottles. are they all mad too?
By:
coast
When: 15 May 12 20:52
I didn't say anybody was mad !! Its a not a joke or funny !! If you think its just a few bottles then you don't understand what  Rafa Suffers from its called  O C D for short  !! OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER .
By:
YOMOMMA
When: 15 May 12 20:52
Nadal is different class on proper clay. That sh1t last week was awful to watch on the dodgy blue surface.
By:
coast
When: 15 May 12 20:54
Just to make the point that this tread is not about last week !  I just say the odds for this week and thought crazy
By:
YOMOMMA
When: 15 May 12 20:56
He's odds on because he's that good on clay and only Djokovic and Federer have a slight chance of beating him when he's fully fit.
By:
good value losers
When: 15 May 12 21:00
let me rephrase - a few other players do the same thing with the water bottles. do they have ocd too?
By:
coast
When: 15 May 12 21:05
No
By:
jjjjj
When: 15 May 12 21:09
rafa always had this ocd, or did he develop it this week? Laugh
By:
edy
When: 15 May 12 21:12
Roddick always touches the tip of his basecap. Clearly suffers from OCD as well.
By:
good value losers
When: 15 May 12 21:12
actually, the topic of ocd and top sports performers is very interesting. i've read a few articles that speculate ocd enables the top performers to cope with the many hours of repetitive practice required to become a top sportsperson, when most people would get bored and fed up pretty quickly.
By:
edy
When: 15 May 12 21:13
not to forget about Roddick also fixing his shirt after every freaking point.
By:
nofx
When: 15 May 12 21:14
isner too, the ocd is in their shirts
By:
edy
When: 15 May 12 21:17
The thread starter is just confusing rituals and superstitions with a real disorder.

Every freaking basketball player has a strict free throw routine, but would anyone say Becky Hammon and Chauncey, two of the best ever from the free throw line, suffer from OCD?
By:
good value losers
When: 15 May 12 21:17
del potty and his ball routine Cry oh no, that's deliberate to allow maximum cardio recovery time.
By:
edy
When: 15 May 12 21:18
Sharapova is obsessed with never touching the lines during changeovers, as was Kiefer when he was still active.
By:
good value losers
When: 15 May 12 21:20
pova does the water bottle thing too
By:
edy
When: 15 May 12 21:20
Gulbis is obsessed with getting himself hookers in Stockholm.
By:
petr cech
When: 15 May 12 21:24
many tennis players have their "thing" but it's usually just one thing (Roddick shirt pull, Bartoli shadow swinging) but Nadull has many:

- water bottles
- clean the baseline (on clay) before each point
- butt pick
- push hair behind left ear, touch nose, hair behind right ear, nose, then left ear again before each serve (YES he repeats the whole thing for a 2nd serve!!)

And at he start of the match he also refuses to leave his seat first when the umpire calls time.  Fed actually messed with him once by staying seated for a good 20 seconds after the ump called time. Nadull stared over in his direction for a few more seconds before finally getting up Laugh
By:
brucewayne
When: 15 May 12 21:25
The "OCD" that Rafa has according to this post hasn't did him any harm in the past and I think the reason he is odds on is pretty self explanatory considering where he is playing and the surface! If I ever do decide not to back Rafa it certaintly won't be down to his apparent "OCD" traits!
By:
edy
When: 15 May 12 21:25
Now I'm not an expert on this disorder, but for it to be a real tough case of OCD, wouldn't Nadal have to fix his pants off court all the time as well, at least whenever he gets nervous for whatever reason?

I'm sure he doesn't go pick his pants out of his arse all the time during press conferences, winner speeches, or while he went out for dinner with his girlfriend for the first time.
By:
good value losers
When: 15 May 12 21:29
Laugh
By:
good value losers
When: 15 May 12 21:30
oops mustn't laugh. as coast pointed out, it's not a joke. Plain
By:
coast
When: 15 May 12 21:32
Well ok Boys and Girls you can all take the !!!!  But those layers will be putting up the money in the 1000s again ..Anyone in the locker room will tell you that Rafa has OCD and its not the same as what you are talking about and in answer JJJJ yes he has always had it which is why when his anxiety is at the highest ie begining of a point he has developed coping mechanisms like the pulling of his shorts etc - My point was it is clear in my mind its getting worse and over the months ahead i think you will see that
By:
edy
When: 15 May 12 21:33
But he does perform his rituals....which as you say release his anxiety. So why should it show itself?
By:
good value losers
When: 15 May 12 21:34
omg his bumpicking is going to get worse? Cry

actually, hasn't he shortened his pre-serve routine because he was told to speed up? he used to do his socks and other stuff iirc which he doesn't do any more. so his behaviour is modifiable.
By:
edy
When: 15 May 12 21:36
Oh I'm sure the freaking psychopaths, eh psychoanalysts who prescribe like every 2nd child with ADHD medicine these days would say Nadal has OCD as well.

You have to wonder how good they really are in their jobs though, nutters.
By:
nofx
When: 15 May 12 21:36
just because he, or any other player, does things compulsively doesn't mean he suffers from ocd
By:
coast
When: 15 May 12 21:37
Edy Why ? Sorry lost
By:
petr cech
When: 15 May 12 21:37
one day I just want some guy like a young McEnroe to come along and play Rafa.  Bottles would get kicked during change of ends and he would start serving after 20 seconds while Nadull is still picking his shorts. Of course umpire will not award points but he should keep doing it and say "hey, 20 seconds is up, rules say I should have served by now so speak to the other guy"

I wish someone would have the balls to do that to him now.
By:
petr cech
When: 15 May 12 21:38
what a shame Dani the nutcase Koellerer was banned Crazy
By:
bob.vegas
When: 15 May 12 21:54
I was able to lay plenty at 1.04 when he lost last week, mugs were too blind to see how his superstitious nature prevented the win,

example please?
By:
;[p
When: 15 May 12 22:02
raddy ocd is touching her back

but its poor ocd call tbh Sad
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies: