Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Babelicious19
22 Feb 11 13:49
| Topic/replies: 3,439 | Blogger: Babelicious19's blog
I cant believe some of the mug comments on here the past few days saying this guy is the next big thing , one mug even compared him to federer LaughLaughLaugh

The guy lives for tiebreaks , not good enough to break serves on a consistent basis , that wont win you the big slams big man

Fellow non mugs feel free to sign in Love

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 211
By:
Marin1977
When: 22 Feb 11 13:51
By:
tinkyvinky
When: 22 Feb 11 13:52
MUG
By:
stringerbell
When: 22 Feb 11 14:08
bless you, you obviously read tennis players about as well as jimmy saville
By:
Hayden
When: 22 Feb 11 14:14
in all fairness I haven't heard a professional pundit state anything of the kind , gambling forums don't qualify  Happy
By:
philip glass
When: 22 Feb 11 14:28
I am happy with my 100/1 ew for Wimbledon. Could be seeded by then.
By:
Jason Bourne
When: 22 Feb 11 14:44
So basically this guy's reasoning for thinking Raonic won't win a slam is that he plays and wins a lot of TBs.

Great stuff.
By:
zamorano
When: 22 Feb 11 14:46
ffs.. karlovic deserves a "he will never win a GS" thread Sad
By:
sammybizzle
When: 22 Feb 11 14:51
Hmm there is justified reasoning to thinkng he will do well and be a future top 10..Wonderful focus and plays the big point well..I don't care who he has faced, to do that in tb's or not against roddick or even **** very is impressive for his age. He is the best move of the BIG servers that I have seen for a good while so it clearly different.

Whether he wins a gs is questionable but it depends if luck is on his side that one time or how much better he gets..I can see him gettin to a gs final so I don't think it is out of the question..Remember when he is 24/25/26 nadal will be using a zimmer frame, andy will be muttering to himself on court no.10 and djoko will be retiring too much.

Saying he has not been impresive this week is not allowed..But neither is saying he is the next federer..He has the game to get to a final of a gs at some point imo..He will get better
By:
Babelicious19
When: 22 Feb 11 14:51
Wow mugs actually think he can win grand slams Laugh

Your happy with 100/1 when he should be 400
By:
Welshie5121
When: 22 Feb 11 14:57
For him to win a grand slam he needs to be the fittest tall man in the world. He will have too many long matches and the fresher opponents will pick him off in the later stages of the tournament. I mean look at the AO for instance, we all no that ferrer is just above average on a hard court but he made Raonic miss with his consistency and his serve was getting slower because of the matches he had already played. He wont win a grand slam whilst the mens game is so competitive and deep. IMO he needs to get alot better movement and fitness to prevail in a grand slam. Opponents seem to get a read on his serve after the 1st set aswell.
By:
Babelicious19
When: 22 Feb 11 15:06
Rare member of forum with sense ^
By:
Hayden
When: 22 Feb 11 15:09
It looks a bit silly to ask someone if they're happy with 100 when in someone's opinion the player should be 400 and shows a little ignorance of betting % tbh when you get into 3 figs , if a poster had played at 400 you would almost certainly have stated he should be 1000 as you've made your mind up this unconsidered " rag " can't or won't win a slam.
Fairly sure Mr Glass will be looking to unload his 101 at an opportune moment anyway and I guess this thread may go someway to confirming the different mentality between punting and trading.
Happy

Good luck all
By:
aaronh
When: 22 Feb 11 15:16
sammybizzle speaks the most sense in this thread imo

he's only 20/21, it's far too early to write him off completely ffs
By:
stringerbell
When: 22 Feb 11 17:26
jesus christ the stuff on here, unbelievable, he was playing his 2nd slam, he's only 20 and he still got to the last 16 and took ferrer to a tight four setter, when the spaniard was playing superbly. of course he's not fit enough yet...but if you cant see how good this kid is, how he has ice in his veins, how he has the most astounding weapons, then hey, good luck. to say he should be 400 fr wimbledon when he is already beating top ten players in his first year on the pro circuit, well i'm afraid it's just moronic. doesnt taker nostrodamus to predict this thread will make you look a total tit when bumped in future
By:
RememberJeremyBates
When: 22 Feb 11 17:33
If Murray ever wins a slam, then Raonic will win at least one. NAP!!
By:
Marin1977
When: 22 Feb 11 17:39
It is making him look like a tit now, but he is a nobody anyways so who cares right? [;)]
By:
Zigzager
When: 22 Feb 11 17:40
Reckon he will be top 10 within 24 months barring injury
By:
stringerbell
When: 22 Feb 11 17:55
wouldnt surprise me if he is top ten much sooner than that
By:
bobweenit
When: 22 Feb 11 18:58
only watched him play roddick and he looked decent there so i reckon hes got a chance at 3 of the majors.And 100 could be value just 2 lay of closer 2 the time if nothing else.Theres not 2 many 18-22 year olds about that look like having no 1 potential either so i say watch this space.
By:
Jason Bourne
When: 22 Feb 11 19:14
OP probably thinks that Nadal and Federer's dominance will go on and on and on forever until eternity ...
By:
YOMOMMA
When: 22 Feb 11 19:34
He needs to learn how to volley before being considered a top player. But saying that, he has potential to be a top 10 player no doubt.
By:
Welshie5121
When: 22 Feb 11 19:49
He might have a good year this year but the hardest thing will be the following year to back it up so he doesn't lose any ranking points. So it will be hard for him to get into the top 10 at the moment, 2 years isn't a bad estimate.
By:
Alutex
When: 22 Feb 11 19:53
He is a big serving, one-trick-pony slouch like there have been so many many before.

Would anyone on here seriously argue that Ancic, Isner, Karlovic, Querrey(?) or Ljubocic or Dodig could make it to #1 ? No.
By:
Babelicious19
When: 16 Mar 11 08:58
The mug just got beat by Harrison ffs LaughLaughLaughLaugh  Just proves my point really

Mugs got excited because he made the 4th round of the aussie open and beat verdasco twice , yes verdasco ffs LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
By:
JamesBlakesHugeArse
When: 16 Mar 11 10:08
all this proves is your poor command of the english language
By:
seanyp
When: 16 Mar 11 10:56
All I can really say is that this guy has constantly proved the doubters wrong.

Be it San Jose, Memphis or even against Fish the other day people were underestimating him and writing him off.

He deserves respect and I think it would be foolish to try to predict his potential considering how he has coped with some high ranked players already.
By:
aaronh
When: 16 Mar 11 14:55
aftertimer19 making a fool of himself again Plain

like I said before it's too early to say. yes he was poor yesterday but to be honest he's made decent progress the last 3 months and beaten some decent players so who knows
By:
Babelicious19
When: 16 Mar 11 15:19
aftertming aaron seething im getting rich with the horses without aftertiming Plain
By:
Babelicious19
When: 25 Mar 11 18:14
Another great tournament from milos Laugh

I bet the big guns are praying they dont draw this guy in a grand slam Laugh
By:
aaronh
When: 25 Mar 11 18:15
was 1.01 you ttt'ed this thread once the game had finished
By:
Babelicious19
When: 25 Mar 11 18:15
Wonder how long it will take the bitter people to admit i was right and how they got excited over a couple of wins agaisnt mugs like verdasco Confused
By:
Babelicious19
When: 25 Mar 11 18:16
Hope you got on then aaron Cool
By:
aaronh
When: 25 Mar 11 18:17
Who was actually saying he was going to win grand slams anyway Confused
By:
Babelicious19
When: 25 Mar 11 18:19
Alot of mugs when he won his tournamnent , someone even called him the next federer Laugh
By:
aaronh
When: 25 Mar 11 18:20
Cry
By:
hunt3r
When: 25 Mar 11 18:21
lol this is good Laugh
By:
stringerbell
When: 25 Mar 11 19:30
babelicious, just because he is having the first lull of his career, dont think he isnt destined for greatness, because he is.....
By:
aaronh
When: 23 May 11 18:53
ttt
By:
stringerbell
When: 23 May 11 19:57
you got a stutter aaron?
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page