Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
armagnac
19 Dec 20 10:49
| Topic/replies: 55,840 | Blogger: armagnac's blog
Only women on the shortlist
1st flat jockey this century to make the list

jump racing got McCoy the win this century
equestrianism got zara phillips the win this century

flat racing are desperate to have there winner and are being helped by the other disciplines, dont mess with the horsey brigade. when they have a runner they turn up and vote.

skelton managed 109,000 in a very tough year for him up against the marvel murray, so was never gonna get much casual help.
McCoy did get the casual vote and managed 290,000.

Hollie's campaign is far more serious and dedicated than skeltons was, and with plenty of casual votes up for grabs. plus being the only female she should rocket over 200,000 votes.

expect a twitter frenzy on the night, its going to be bonkers
hoo rah
Pause Switch to Standard View Hollie Doyle - The Facts -
Show More
Report the whizz kids December 19, 2020 11:47 AM GMT
I can't believe her price, she's 4s plus. If people could see what you and I are seeing she should be hell of a lot shorter. Hollie hacks up and wins easily.
Report the whizz kids December 19, 2020 11:55 AM GMT
She's just had a winner in France, that will definitely help her push later on ITV.
Report armagnac December 19, 2020 11:57 AM GMT
think she's one off the 150 now, on 149 winners ?
Report armagnac December 19, 2020 12:01 PM GMT
that will massively help tomorrow night, she's been given special dispensation to turn up after going to france today. sure to get a mention, she travelled over and got a winner
Report the whizz kids December 19, 2020 12:51 PM GMT
Balding will be giving her a great show tomorrow night that's for sure. 4 presenters tomorrow night 3 are women?? Wtf. That will only help the only female in the line up.
Report armagnac December 19, 2020 1:00 PM GMT
yep, ive been banging that drum all along. this year has gone crazy with women presenters and analysts across all sports, as far as sport is concerned its the year of woman.
this is a follow on in previous years for equal pay rights in presenting and competition

there having there moment and Hollie will benefit from the females voting massively coz of it, in sport or casuals
Gi was proof of that in IAC
Report armagnac December 19, 2020 1:01 PM GMT
Gi winning the castle was all wrong, just women voicing through votes
Report the whizz kids December 19, 2020 2:20 PM GMT
Army, have you seen the BF FB page where they've put a post about SPOTY.
300 comments of which most are saying anybody but Lewis, he is well and truly hated.
Most are saying Hollie to win. I've topped up at 4.4, she's definitely going to be shorter tomorrow. Like you say about Gi, it's looking very similar.
Report five leaves left December 19, 2020 2:39 PM GMT
Never heard of her, so thanks army Cool
Report armagnac December 19, 2020 2:55 PM GMT
my pleasure fig Love

you got the link please whizz
Report armagnac December 19, 2020 2:55 PM GMT
my pleasure fig Love

you got the link please whizz
Report bearcub December 19, 2020 3:04 PM GMT
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3sih2i
Report the whizz kids December 19, 2020 3:43 PM GMT

Dec 19, 2020 -- 8:55AM, armagnac wrote:

my pleasure fig you got the link please whizz

https://www.facebook.com/Betfair/photos/a.10150395806525003/10157894677790003/

Report armagnac December 19, 2020 3:45 PM GMT
ty
Report the whizz kids December 19, 2020 7:52 PM GMT
Not getting this drift but not worried one bit.
Report armagnac December 19, 2020 8:03 PM GMT
calm before the storm Wink
Report timbuctooth December 19, 2020 8:05 PM GMT
There`s a very keen Jamie Top 3 layer; he`s gonna have a sore head
Report timbuctooth December 19, 2020 8:07 PM GMT
Sorry, wrong thread, muppet
Report armagnac December 20, 2020 10:24 AM GMT
twitter already going crazy Cool
Report armagnac December 20, 2020 12:16 PM GMT
Hollie in the times review of women of the year

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/women-of-the-year-2020-jp770mptk
Report armagnac December 20, 2020 12:27 PM GMT
there's only 14,000 racehorse owners in the UK, but i guess when you add in lots of large syndicates plus family and friends etc that alone should take it up to 30k. roughly half of lewis's hardcore support just from owners
Report armagnac December 20, 2020 12:33 PM GMT
Racing Post
@RacingPost
·
4m
Hollie Doyle this season in the UK
Report armagnac December 20, 2020 12:34 PM GMT
ffs

968 rides
148 winners
118 second places
102 third places
£1,840,648 in prize money
Report armagnac December 20, 2020 12:35 PM GMT
38% of her rides placed Laugh
Report armagnac December 20, 2020 12:56 PM GMT
great article here drumming up support and how the greats of flat racing have never been rewarded, adds fire to the flames.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/racing-waits-hopes-and-votes-as-record-breaker-doyle-chases-famous-bbc-award/464351?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=RP-News&utm_content=HollieDoyle%20&utm_term=
Report the whizz kids December 20, 2020 1:02 PM GMT

Dec 20, 2020 -- 6:34AM, armagnac wrote:

ffs968 rides148 winners118 second places102 third places£1,840,648 in prize money

Just under 1000 rides this year compared to someone who gets in a car every other Sunday presses autopilot and gets out 2 hours later to then only make a complete prat of himself by wearing a great big chain around his neck. Apart from his 1 win he has very poor form in this competition and anyone backing him at 1.45 must be nuts.
The casual voters will be lapping up Hollie later.

Report ashbourne December 20, 2020 3:48 PM GMT
Hamilton wins for me. Horse racing is generally considered pretty boring and stuffy compared to other sports for the general public.
Also, he won the title by miles this year and equalled the all time record. That alone is enough, but add in his Climate change and BLM campaigning and he's the deserved winner. The BBC will rightly highlight this too...
Report armagnac December 20, 2020 4:00 PM GMT
Horse racing is generally considered pretty boring and stuffy compared to other sports for the general public.

wtf are you on about you total plum, its that boring thousands upon thousands attend race meetings every year and 300 million is bet on the grand national alone.

prat
Report Sekt10ned December 20, 2020 4:06 PM GMT
SPOTY is an interesting event as it reveals the hierarchy of individual sports in this country.
Horse racing is a humdrum background sport that goes on throughout the year in itsdifferent permutations but does not have much of a role in the public’s conscious ness except for the famous National Hunt events and then really only the Grand National cuts through, the Gold Cup is hardly part of the national conversation.

Jockeys are fairly anonymous, they run multiple races in a day in different silks and they’ve always got a bloody race on. McCoy won for lifetime achievement not because he did well in one year and he won big races that cut through to the public.

You make a comparison with Charlotte Dujardin but I don’t think that really works. Charlotte Dujardin is a master in her individual discipline beating both men and women by a thumping margin to win at the Olympics and then backed it up with two events at the World Equestrian. She is also very engaging and media savvy. Show jumping and eventing have been far more successful than racing at the SPOTY and yet she could only manage fourth in 2014. The last show jumping winner was Zara Phillips who had the royal factor and beat a poor favourite in Darren Clarke - golf is not a popular SPOTY sport anymore, reflecting its declining popularity with the public.

I think you’re also forgetting that the crossover with racing and show jumping/eventing is with National Hunt not flat racing. Normally at this time of the year that crowd are very much engaged with tv because its the Horse of the Year Show at Olympia but that’s been canceled so I doubt that constituency of voters will be as engaged with the telly just now.

What you take to be maxed out support for Lewis Hamilton I take to be more his minimum level, just ticking over. Post 2014 there was no strong reason for him to win the award and yet he still consistently polls in high numbers. This is a year of salience -breaking Schumacher’s record, and yes the BLM thing. Formula 1 has consistently been a part of our national success and pride, the Mercedes team is a British based team, it is a sport we dominate and the public enjoys knowing that we excel in it.

As I’ve said before Hamilton can sometimes be a marmite character but he certainly enjoys more recognition with the public - you spend more time with him over 2 hours than a four minute horse race where the commentary is mostly talking about gambling and the owners/trainers and sometimes the ladies fashion too. He is a very successful British sporting figure and a winner and tonight is an opportunity to recognise it and I think the viewers will.
Report Sekt10ned December 20, 2020 4:10 PM GMT
So basically Doyle needs to switch disciplines and win the Grand National Mischief
Report ashbourne December 20, 2020 4:10 PM GMT
I think that's the general perception...
Report armagnac December 20, 2020 4:11 PM GMT
you actually think the general public like watching a car go around the track 60 times ?
lewis hamilton is no andy murray
simples
Report armagnac December 20, 2020 4:17 PM GMT
he's consistently polled averagely coz he's not been up against anyone of note or any sport outside the usual carp
Report Sekt10ned December 20, 2020 4:20 PM GMT
That's what I think - you could argue the sport was just as boring in previous years that F1 drivers won. But let's see, good luck in your bets.
Report bearcub December 20, 2020 4:23 PM GMT
This threads getting more desperate by the hour Cry
Report ashbourne December 20, 2020 4:25 PM GMT
Oh yeah, it's just the car...
Report armagnac December 20, 2020 4:37 PM GMT
lewis's hardcore support at roughly 60k is pretty sh1t though, is that coz he's a complete t0sser
Report the whizz kids December 20, 2020 4:49 PM GMT
I would rather be on Hollie at 5s than Lewis at 1.45. It's looking like Henderson will get some late support but I can't see him matching the top 2.
The Sun are really pushing Hollie now, that's definitely a good thing and most definitely not stuffy.
GL all
Report ashbourne December 20, 2020 4:57 PM GMT
Good luck with your bets anyway
Report Sekt10ned December 20, 2020 4:58 PM GMT
probably better to trade an be on them both but being just on a 5 for someone in a minority sport that most the public have never heard of until this week strikes me as getting on far too late
Report armagnac December 20, 2020 4:59 PM GMT
you don't need luck you got the fastest car Plain and biggest ego
Report timbuctooth December 20, 2020 5:03 PM GMT
The two favs dutch to a 1.1 poke, meaning they have to win more than 9 out of 10 times to be profitable for backers. Therefore, laying them both is the value play
Report timbuctooth December 20, 2020 5:32 PM GMT
And, as always when dutch laying, you have a `get out of jail, free` card, because, should it all begin to look a bit dodgy during the show, you have the wriggle room of being able to back one of them at anything down to 1.11 to still show a profit.
Report armagnac December 20, 2020 5:38 PM GMT
big push from LFC for hendo today
Report armagnac December 20, 2020 5:44 PM GMT
footy got an appalling record in this but will be interesting to see how liverpool fans club together after such a long wait, klopp even manages to win plaudits from there fiercest rivals.
all makes the job tougher for lewis imo, he needs a big casual turnout and this year he's losing to football, snooker and the majority of the horsey lot who like to vote.

different game this year
Report five leaves left December 20, 2020 6:22 PM GMT
Hendo charge!!
Report ashbourne December 20, 2020 6:44 PM GMT
Odds starting to steam in. Hopefully Armagnac hasn't laid all her money on Hamilton
Report armagnac December 20, 2020 7:29 PM GMT
this girl is waiting for the fat lady to sing
Report Sekt10ned December 20, 2020 9:57 PM GMT
Horse power > horses. But Holly did really well
Report armagnac December 20, 2020 10:00 PM GMT
yeah top 3 bet on hollie helped me to stay level overall
Report Sekt10ned December 20, 2020 10:14 PM GMT
That's good to hear that's really the main reason why I was posting as I wanted to warn people about Hamilton and the hierarchy that seems to exist in SPOTY votes. I've done very well in the past as I'm a big cycling fan plus I thought it was crazy to have Farah out at 42s when he won
Report armagnac December 20, 2020 10:17 PM GMT
yes sek, nice one. think i finally appreciate that lol
its a niche award, proven time and time again..cycling, F1, athletics are all big winners with there fans and we've all gotta accept that fact.
its not my best market on here, mainly coz its hard to believe certain demographics dont vote
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com