Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
LOU MACARIS TARTAN B
18 Dec 20 15:54
| Topic/replies: 12,119 | Blogger: LOU MACARIS TARTAN B's blog
Bill and Oti:

Favourite dance: Couple's Choice: Street/Commercial to Rapper's Delight by The Sugarhill Gang

Showdance: The Show Must Go On by Queen

Judges' Pick: Quickstep to Talk To The Animals by Bobby Darin

Maisie and Gorka

Favourite dance: Quickstep to When You're Smiling by Andy Williams

Showdance: We Need A Little Christmas by Idina Menzel

Judges' Pick: Samba to Samba (Conga) by Gloria Estefan

HRVY and Janette

Favourite dance: American Smooth to One (Singular Sensation) from A Chorus Line

Showdance: Boogie Wonderland by Brittany Murphy

Judges' Pick: Jive to Faith by Stevie Wonder featuring Ariana Grande

Jamie and Karen

Favourite dance: Couple's Choice: Street/Commercial to Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now) by C+C Music Factory

Showdance: I'm Still Standing by Elton John (Taron Egerton version)

Judges' Pick: Charleston to Zero To Hero from Hercules
Pause Switch to Standard View ***IT'S HERE - THE SCD 2020 FINAL...
Show More
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 18, 2020 3:54 PM GMT
Come on HRVY or MAISE

Love Love
Report Sekt10ned December 18, 2020 4:02 PM GMT
Hrvy and Jamie are doing a lot dancing out of hold, I'm not sure I'd like either of them to win a ballroom competition. Masie is the best dancer but in this shortened year I don't think the quality is really there. She and Gorka have been dressed in unattractive clothes and just generally not looked all that appealing on screen. Hrvy seems really lovely and not at all annoying as I first felt but I think he is just a bit too young to really have broad spectrum appeal especially as Bill now has the chance to do the crowd pleasing stuff that he did earlier in the series. Do you think the producers tried to damp down the support for him in recent weeks? with gloomy staging and dances that didnt suit him. They have done that in previous years with likely winners. I expect they'll pull out the works for him now.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 18, 2020 4:08 PM GMT
sektioned

Who knows?

I agree with you I don't think the top of the quality is as good as usual with only Maisie and HRVY being really good.  That said I think all round the quality has been decent because bar one or two they could all dance and were half decent.

I also take your point about HRVY maybe being a bit too young to appeal to the Middle aged Mum that votes.

So all very open IMO.  Can't see Jamie winning surely but the other three all in with a shout.
Report Sekt10ned December 18, 2020 4:20 PM GMT
Yes I think it could be decided on the night and that would be the most fare outcome. I do wonder though that a lot of people will tune in specifically for rappers delight and then it's all over. Bill Bailey is such an established popular figure that I imagine there will be a lot of good will for an 'old' winner - so long as he doesn't disappoint in a Susanna Reid way. Although maybe she was overrated from the start - I only saw the final of that series and on the night couldn't see her appeal.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 18, 2020 4:32 PM GMT
Susannah was a good dancer though, not quite up with the best two or three maybe but I think she finished 4th or 5th from memory whereas Bill is very average at best, he doesn't do a lot wrong I suppose but he hardly knocks it out of the park like Maisie and HRVY does he.  IMO I'd rate him all round as about 6/10 dancer so for the good of the show (and my bank balance!) really hoping he doesn't win it.  The Winner's got to be better than 6/10 surely.
Report Sekt10ned December 18, 2020 4:44 PM GMT
I agree about the the 6/10 but if you look how popular his very poor tango on Saturday was on Twitter I'm not sure people will be judging him in the same way. And the Rapper's Delight dance if performed well is certainly a crowd pleaser.

If he were to win it would be an unusual case, he's an odd favourite in an odd year but sometimes outsiders do become the favourite and win. HRVY is probably the more deserved though
Report Sekt10ned December 18, 2020 4:45 PM GMT
So I think Bill will win if he dances well enough and HRVY doesnt do something mind blowing. There will be more viewers on the night than in previous weeks and I think they will be charmed by Bull
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 18, 2020 5:31 PM GMT
Charmed by Bull sounds about right to me if he wins!

I've always had this thing that it SHOULD be a dancing competition or otherwise what's the point in getting them to dance at all?  Bill is obviously not very good, Jamie is better and the other two are a mile in front of him so I just hope that when it comes down to it one of the best two dancers win it or it just makes a mockery of the whole thing.

In the past when say Ashley Roberts got beat at least the other dancers in the final were good so it wasn't so bad but Bill (or Bull) is very average and for me 6/10 shouldn't be crowned The Champion.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 18, 2020 5:53 PM GMT
HAHAHAHA

I knew you'd do that squares PMSL

What if we give you your ball back!!!
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 18, 2020 6:05 PM GMT
Have seen four different polls now.  All with HRVY well clear with about 45% to Bill's 32% so it's no over year eh.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 18, 2020 6:08 PM GMT
Diva

That's fair enough I can see your point of view.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 18, 2020 6:11 PM GMT
Money coming for HRVY now too.

Choo Choo
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 18, 2020 6:13 PM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxM9GHmoxEU

You love it!
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 18, 2020 6:16 PM GMT
Wish Bruno was there though.  His extravagant mannerisms always make me smile I have to say.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 18, 2020 6:19 PM GMT
Craig been his usual over the top thoroughly Camp self of course.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 18, 2020 6:20 PM GMT
HRVY  Love
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 18, 2020 6:22 PM GMT
Maisie Love
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 18, 2020 6:23 PM GMT
Figgy  Love
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 18, 2020 6:26 PM GMT
Bound to be confusion on the live show tomorrow night with these similar threads.

I can't wait.  I'll be there.

WINK!
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 18, 2020 6:34 PM GMT
Gotta love Maisie.  What a dancer. Love
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 18, 2020 6:42 PM GMT
Yes Ashley Roberts the best ever dancer on Strictly.  Absolutely brilliant.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 18, 2020 6:43 PM GMT
ttt
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 18, 2020 6:47 PM GMT
PMSL
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 18, 2020 6:50 PM GMT
Boogie Wonderland a classic tune.  His 'Chorus Line' number a real winner with the oldies too that vote.  Bring it home HRVY Love
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 18, 2020 6:53 PM GMT
Love Earth Wind and Fire.  Love
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 18, 2020 6:57 PM GMT
Ooh I can't wait for tomorrow night!!

Wink
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 18, 2020 6:59 PM GMT
"there may be troubles ahead"

Wink!
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 18, 2020 7:01 PM GMT
See you all tomorrow night then folks.  Can't wait!
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 18, 2020 7:04 PM GMT
I'm REALLY confused now?

What thread are we sticking with ffs?
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 18, 2020 7:08 PM GMT
This one?
Report five leaves left December 18, 2020 7:15 PM GMT
You can Lou. Enjoy the final. Best of luck
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 18, 2020 7:34 PM GMT
Thanks Figgy.  Just trying to join in with the chat but ...............

Anyway all the best and good luck to you.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 18, 2020 8:59 PM GMT
it's going well tim,  I've been playing minimum stakes but I can currently cash our for £0.31 :)

Not bad don't knock it zoom
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com