Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
armagnac
18 Dec 20 12:34
| Topic/replies: 55,710 | Blogger: armagnac's blog
Its such a shame the bbc have stopped releasing voting figures, i would love to have known lewis's totals the last two years. the year he won 2014 he got 210,000 but since then till they stopped he's had.

2015 48,000
2017 60,000
2018 ??
2019 ??

you gotta think those last two totals were roughly the same especially who he lost too, thomas and stokes.
his core support on that evidence looks pretty dam weak to me and without the vast casual support that decides these awards in a lowly vote turnout i just dont see lewis competing this year.

in 2014 he had the casuals for the dramatic season ending finale which explains the massive number of 210,000 votes he obtained.
that race would of been leading up to the award and add in he also broke mansells record and a 40 year old record.
he was always gonna get the casuals that year.

After a dramatic season which concluded on Sunday, Hamilton became the first British driver for more than 40 years to win a second Formula 1 world title.

He was engaged in a thrilling and sometimes controversial battle for the crown with his Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg but secured the championship with victory in the last race in Abu Dhabi.

Hamilton, who grew up in Stevenage in Hertfordshire, won 11 races during 2014 as he surpassed Nigel Mansell's British record of 31 grands prix victories and helped his team win the constructors' championship.

Lewis simply needs a vast majority of the casuals to win this, equalling schumachers titles and getting the most race wins ever wont be enough to sway the casuals for me. 2014 was a special year for him british wise and a trilling last race win. i just dont see that same appeal.
to much in media lately how he's got the fasted car and the cleaning lady at the merc head office could win driving it. all i see is voter fatigue and many many casuals saying 'oh not him again, i'll make a cup of tea while hes on'

the reason why he wont attract the casuals he needs is there is only one women in the field, and ronnie finally having his moment.
i just dont see lewis getting anywhere like the VT those two are gonna get.
between them they are gonna eat a lot of casual vote, leaving only scraps for lewis.
the horse racing and snooker fans will also be highly motivated, having to wait years for there chance to support there hero's.
im almost certain motor racing fans are like, oh lewis is shortlisted again..great.

Lewis = a very, very weak fav
Pause Switch to Standard View Hamilton a phoney fav ?
Show More
Report bearcub December 18, 2020 11:48 AM GMT
lols
Report armagnac December 18, 2020 12:43 PM GMT
hamilton can only drift like a barge, once the VT's are shown.
cant win without LARGE casual support, numbers don't lie

your're gonna need 100k+ to win, he might muster 50K hardcore support thats if there not bored of voting for him again.

Hollie's campaign looks better and stronger than skeltons, add in she's a young women compared to an old man. hollie will have that old man vote, you know every bookie has herds of em
anyway, nick got 109,000. even if hollie gets the same 50k hardcore the same as lewis and thats bottom estimation then it all comes down to the casuals.

who you voting for ?
a bloke that drives the fastest car, who's been shortlisted nearly every year or the only women who's taken on one of the toughest sports on the planet. which is dominated by men, not only to succeed but actually have more winners than every man bar one.

its a total no brainer

then hamilton has the problem of the mans man who sexist and will not vote for a puny women, well where's he going. that casual is most likely giving it to a deserving ronnie who has waited years for his chance.

Lewis = an extremely weak fav
Report the whizz kids December 18, 2020 1:34 PM GMT
He won't be Fav soonExcitedExcitedExcited
Report armagnac December 18, 2020 2:20 PM GMT
missed a trick with hollie and the prices, wish i read this article when published. was to wrapped up with ronnie and convinced hollie could only get an easy 3rd so never went into much detail.
the campaign hollie is getting is on another level compared to that of skelton which i followed intently, they want this and they want it badly. there desperate to get the message out to the casuals as well as the WHOLE of racing and equestrian.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/votehollie-racing-urged-to-support-hollie-doyle-for-sports-personality/463681
Report armagnac December 18, 2020 2:26 PM GMT
#VoteHollie - racing urged to support Hollie Doyle for Sports Personality

We want to raise as much awareness of her as we can with the general public but also ensure the whole of the racing family get behind her

Great British Racing (GBR) has encouraged the racing world to rally around Hollie Doyle in her bid to be crowned Sports Personality of the Year, with a comprehensive campaign planned for the build-up to Sunday's ceremony.

GBR has been hard at work on a support campaign for the 24-year-old jockey, whose historic season has included breaking her own record for most winners in a calendar year by a female jockey, riding her first Royal Ascot winner and capturing her first Group 1 aboard Glen Shiel in the British Champions Sprint at Ascot in October.

Doyle is bidding to become the second racing figure to win the award after Sir Anthony McCoy in 2010, while stars of other equestrian sports such as Princess Anne, Zara Phillips and Nick Skelton have all performed well in the past.

GBR's head of PR Naomi Lawson said: "It's an amazing opportunity for the sport and is a really fitting tribute to what has been such a momentous year for Hollie.

"We've been in touch with pony clubs and other equestrian sports because she's the only woman and only representative of equestrianism. Nick Skelton did really well before when the whole sport got behind him and we want to do likewise with Hollie."

Lawson added: "We're working on good luck messages and video content with some of the biggest names in the sport to go out later in the week.

"We want to raise as much awareness of her as we can with the general public but also ensure the whole of the racing family get behind her."

A social media campaign using #VoteHollie is well under way and anyone heading to a racecourse this week should expect to see Doyle paraphernalia.

"Vote Hollie hats have been sent out to all the racecourses and training yards so people can create their own content and messages of support," Lawson said. "We've got cardboard cutouts going to racecourses which people can take photos with.

We're one of the few sports where women compete on an equal footing with men and she is absolutely bossing it at the moment. That's so great for young girls and boys watching who can see Hollie doing it and think 'so can I'."

Doyle has five rivals for the coveted award: Formula One record-breaker Lewis Hamilton, cricketer Stuart Broad, boxer Tyson Fury, footballer Jordan Henderson and snooker legend Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Voting will be conducted via a public vote during Sunday's live show, which begins at 8pm on BBC1 and will be presented by Gary Lineker, Clare Balding, Gabby Logan and Alex Scott in front of a virtual audience in Salford.
Report armagnac December 18, 2020 2:26 PM GMT
skelton had f all like this going for him, this is what you call a campaign Cool
Report the whizz kids December 18, 2020 2:31 PM GMT
You only have to type #SPOTY to see whats going on, it's mental, it's all about #votehollie. I've topped up and now massive Green. With this kind of campaign going she will be a long odds on favourite by Sunday.
Report armagnac December 18, 2020 2:45 PM GMT
finally i think a campaign will win after all the last ones have come up against the monster that is andy murray

in 2015 kevin sinfield had a decent campaign and got a whopping 278,000 votes, only to get done by murray. makes feel sick that one.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/sports-personality/35130585

a year later there was actually two big campaigns running which probably didn't help but even with the combined totals of alister brownlee 121,000 and skeltons 109,000 it still would not of been enough to touch andys total of 247,000.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/sports-personality/38358869

interestingly this is the 1st real proper female campaign for a while i think ?
you can see the numbers that are possible by campaigns, does anyone think lewis can even get close to the lowest amount of 109,000 ?
he'll be lucky to get over 75k imo
Report Sekt10ned December 18, 2020 2:54 PM GMT
Won't the casual voters go Hamilton because of the Black Lives Matter mood in the country at the moment? He should inherit what Rashford would have had had he been included and has been quite vocal about it in Formula 1. Also F1 is much more popular than racing and when it seems the right time to acknowledge a figure the votes usually come in. I'm not sure it's all that relevant comparing Hamilton's figures post 2014 as his achievements are not as significant (in terms of reaching landmarks) as this year and 2014.
Report armagnac December 18, 2020 3:05 PM GMT
hany many times can you reward someone though, he gets rewarded every year. TGBP love an underdog.
the taking of the knee is dragging on a bit now, no ? it done wonders but the message being rammed down the public's throat every day does no good.
the clap for the carers/nhs knew when it was done.

it depends if the BLM gets a mention in his VT i guess, will they ?

its definitely down to the casuals though and barring that 2014 they've never turned out for him. so why will they now ?
Report armagnac December 18, 2020 3:38 PM GMT
“Another great part of the story is just how starry-eyed both she and Tom (Marquand, partner) are. There’s that good story of how they basically won Champions Day between them, carried four trophies to their car and just burst out laughing.

https://www.racingtv.com/news/surge-of-support-continues-for-hollie-doyle-in-bbc-personality-stakes

stuff like this if mentioned in the VT just brings home to the audience how genuine and normal they are, not hidden behind vast millions !!
Report Sekt10ned December 18, 2020 3:41 PM GMT
Well no he's been rewarded only once in 2014 and has a strong residual base of support that sees him frequently in the top 3.

Which means base support + causal vote rewarding Britain's 'greatest' ever racing driver, plus the spirit of the times being a heavy overemphasis on BLM and black sportsmen. BLM might not be mentioned explicitly on his VT but it will be bizarre if the BBC doesn't ram it down everyone's throats during the night.

Yes in other years he won the championship but 2014 was when he made his comeback and this year is when he became the most winningest Brit ever. Bare in mind he was his usual slightly annoying self when he won in 2014, he might be a bit of a marmite character, but his achievements are real and I think the British public will reward him. F1 is still a more popular sport than racing which is the concern mostly of punters.
Report armagnac December 18, 2020 4:01 PM GMT
big wow, he can drive the fastest car around corners without coming off.
its all over the media and newspapers about his massive advantage in anything but a level playing field, which is now well known.
the casuals wont get behind that at all, over the likes of ronnie and hollie.

yeah he might get some BLM support but dont forget this is the country that got behind farage and immigration, yes its nice to think he will benefit but imo behind closed doors we are one massive racist country and 90% keep those facts to themselves.

any support rashford would of got would of been from mothers and families as well, that was his edge.

his strong fanbase has been discussed, its around 50k from what we know, big whoop

why on earth you think motor racing is more popular than horse racing is also beyond me
viewing figures ??
the amount of old boys that go to the bookies and pubs that dont even register on viewing figure scales would certainly make up for any shortfall.
Report armagnac December 18, 2020 4:09 PM GMT
The Sports Personality award was voted for by the public, who cast just under 700,000 votes. McCoy received 293,152, while nearest rival Taylor polled 72,095.

thats the power of horse racing, alright hollie ain't no McCoy but with a determined campaign going i see her getting at least half that amount.

your banging on about BLM, what about women ? they are finally breaking through into sport and more than ever this year.
hollie will a lot of casual support being the only female

also ronnie suffers heavily with mental problems, will he not get votes for that.

its not all about BLM you know !!
Report Jim Duncan December 18, 2020 4:11 PM GMT
army - have you now given up on Ronnie?
Report Sekt10ned December 18, 2020 4:13 PM GMT
Sure the BLM can be overstated we did vote for Brexit after all, but you have to think of the bulk of the BBC viewers on the night and the emotional impact of the VTts.

Minority sports like racing, boxing and golf really struggle in the SPOTY in recent years. I mean minority in terms of viewership and national conversation. McCoy had a deserved lifetime achievement award but it took more campaigning than Hollie Doyle has received and the best in her career is to come. For some reason F1 is still regarded one of the big sports despite it disappearing onto pay per view. And breaking all records apparently means more in it than some other sports.

Personally I'd like Ronnie to win but you have to be realistic about the nature of the competition, how the contestants will be presented and who is voting on the night. And like I said earlier Hamilton is often is quite irritating but already has a strong base and in this year like 2014 many will feel he deserves the recognition.
Report Sekt10ned December 18, 2020 4:15 PM GMT
I'm just posting these views for you to consider but I think your mind is made up, I'm just warning you to be cautious as it is always tempting and more profitable to go against the favourite(if it comes in) but there are many things in Hamilton's favour this year. He's a substantial favourite.
Report armagnac December 18, 2020 4:17 PM GMT
take away the politics your're left with someone who turns up year in year out
i dont see any edge he has with casuals verses newbies to the domain
casuals will decide this most likely, who are they most likely to vote for
someone who has won or someone who has never been shortlisted ?

from a casual point of view, motor racing is one dull sport
the 1st two laps are great, then you switch off till the last two laps...see lewis is a mile clear then switch off again. thats if you can be bothered to even do that

like i said hes there year in year out, all to samey from the casuals perspective, if any tea's are to be made its while his VT is on.
FACT
Report armagnac December 18, 2020 4:18 PM GMT
no jim, still got my bet. he needs a massive life story VT but hollie has the campaign so gotta go with her knowing how unlucky campaigns have been in previous years.
1st time there up against a nobody
Report armagnac December 18, 2020 4:31 PM GMT
thanks for the concern Sek but as ive said all along, lewis's support is seriously overrated and i dont believe he gets the casual support needed.

his numbers are poor, the ones we know about. if only we knew the last two years but to lose to those two my guess is he got 50-80k at most.
this year we have exciting names in ronnie and hollie, i truly believe they will gobble up vast amounts between them.
yes its all on the VT's, thats why they will do better than lewis hopefully.

lewis total of 200k was a complete one off, the way he won and the british angle. not a chance casuals repeat that this year, he's had there support at one time or another in the last 6 years.

on all the evidence we have, his numbers, how well campaigns do. lewis is simply poor value at 1.50
how anyone can type thats value or a worthy fav is laughable, he doesn't have the core support to warrant favouritism. now andy murray, theres a man who had core support !!
Report Sekt10ned December 18, 2020 4:39 PM GMT
OK pro Hamilton:
- He has a fanbase or national recognition that usually places him in the top three no matter how irritating on tone deaf he can often seem in interviews
- He won in 2014 when all that happened was that after 7 years of no success he finally had the dominant car.
- Formula One retains a big audience even on pay channels. I dont have recent figures but for example the 2018 Bahrain GP had 1.4 million UK live viewers, plus there are C4 highlights and its on BBC Radio, stripped across the year it has more viewers than horse racing
- Boring Jensen Button was only prevented from winning in 2009 by a big fan campaign for Ryan Giggs
- The BBC has gone mad for BLM, it seems to think it's the only thing the public cares about at the moment. This will feature on the evening in one way or another - and those that dont like it will probably not be watching or will participate less in the vote. Hamilton is the BLM vote by proxy without Rashford
- I remember in 2014 some people thought that Hamilton was unpopular and would not get recognised and there was even a ridiculous article in the Guardian saying that the British public would not recognise a black/mixed race man.
- Don't base your decision on how boring you find F1 because there are plenty that like it and there are plenty will see successful Brit from a mixed ethnic background breaking the highest record in their sport and think that there is not better winner this year.

And anti Hamilton:
- he's a tendency to be annoying which can be off-putting
- perhaps people dont vote as much these days (which might be why they no longer release figures) so perhaps a concerted campaign could beat him
- F1 is no longer live on terrestrial tv

I just don't see the cons winning out when there's ample evidence that the British public loves a F1 driver.
Report Sekt10ned December 18, 2020 4:40 PM GMT
but anyway good luck with your bets I'm covered and dont think I'll get involved unless Hamilton ticks up on the night nothing cant beat the Mo Farah year :-)
Report armagnac December 18, 2020 4:46 PM GMT
lewis is total relying on the casuals to win, as they all are tbf but lewis's chances are being thwarted by the media who reach out to a majority of the casuals who then spread it like wildfire. that lewis is not playing on a level playing field, its been printed in several papers ive seen and god knows how many in total. they clearly dont want him winning again and making a huge point that he drives the fastest car.
now when his VT is running, the ones that are watching and not running to fetch the chocolate hobnobs. what do you think some of those will be saying while his rather noisy car is going around the track ? once they turn the volume down, they say 'oh look its lewis in the fastest car' 'eh what do mean' says the others. then that person explains why he wins every week, and there goes another vote or two in that front room he may or may not of got.

that only loses him votes, votes he badly needs !!

whilst on the other hand, ronnie and hollie will be getting lots of 'awwwwww look at hollie on that pony' and 'poor ronnie having to look after his sister, while his mum runs the brothel'
ronnie has a monster back story if told and hollie has the struggle of competing in a mans world.

dream stuff
Report armagnac December 18, 2020 4:50 PM GMT
the only reason he does so well, is his competition. he has real competition this year
Report Sekt10ned December 18, 2020 4:55 PM GMT
they do have good stories, I admit and I like Ronnie's a lot. Add in his fight against depression too, he would be a great winner. But he's not captured the limelight this year for some reason
Lewis is the last remaining working class F1 driver, he's certainly come from the most humble background of any British champion.
Look who gets into the sport now like the new Russian millionaire's brat who posted a video of him mauling a woman in the back of a car because he thought it was funny.

Anyway good luck with your bets
Report armagnac December 18, 2020 5:26 PM GMT
yeah right, thats bad.
yes good luck, not long to wait Cool
Report armagnac December 18, 2020 9:32 PM GMT
here's something for hamilton backers to think about
Gio won IAC by 0.5%
you wanna know what got her over the line, women voting for her in the final who hadn't even watched a single episode. simply coz she was the only women.
thats the sought of sh1t your up against !!!
Report the whizz kids December 18, 2020 10:23 PM GMT
Hamilton is a very poor bet for sure, I've even laid him for top 3 for 5k at 1.02. Hollie is a cert for top 3, Ronnie could get a good run, Who knows with Fury and Henderson could get a load of desperate Scousers voting for him. It's not a bad 50/1 shot when you think about it considering how much the public hate Hamilton so much.
Report the whizz kids December 18, 2020 10:24 PM GMT
I've also got 1.6k on Hollie at 5.7. Hollie p1sses it imo.
Report the whizz kids December 18, 2020 10:27 PM GMT
Also managed to get £365 on Hollie without Hamilton at 1.81.
Report armagnac December 18, 2020 10:43 PM GMT
fingers crossed mate, she's the one with all the momentum going forward
Report armagnac December 18, 2020 10:49 PM GMT
its just endless stories in the press about Hollie
Report Sekt10ned December 18, 2020 10:59 PM GMT
I thought I'd look into the press situation as that is important - just now on the Sun sports page there is one Hollie story to three Hamilton and only the Daily Mail there are three Hamilton to no Hollie stories. But what I mainly take from that is that neither are news priorities at the moment. It's a stretch to say there is much of a ramp for Hollie outside o the horse racing/punting world. As for the women's vote they will very likely have a winner next year on Dina Asher Smith if she lives up to expectations in Tokyo, and she has far more personality than most recent winners too.
Report armagnac December 18, 2020 11:10 PM GMT
history says hamilton wont win
the only person to beat a campaign in the last 5 years is the mighty murray
hamilton is not even liked by a good portion of motor racing fans, he has voter fatigue written all over him
Report armagnac December 18, 2020 11:12 PM GMT
CraigSFC, Sheffield, United Kingdom, 11 minutes ago

If the sport supports her she wins. Horseracing dwarfs F1, the industry employs nearly 100k people and that's about all the votes you need to win this. It also gets 5million viewers for the grand national, a million for other ITV meetings, 2 dedicated tv channels, live streams on phones, and its own newspaper. AP McCoy got more votes than 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th put together when he won. Glad to see Rashford is also getting an award.
Report the whizz kids December 18, 2020 11:13 PM GMT
#votehollie says it all
Report armagnac December 18, 2020 11:14 PM GMT
mmm there is an awful lot of racetracks up and down the country you know, exactly how many race tracks do we have for big kids to drive around ?
Report armagnac December 18, 2020 11:16 PM GMT
then you got mums, dads, brothers, sisters, friends etc etc etc of those employed
then you got all the bookies up and down the country and there staff and so and on, probably all involved in the gamble ready to vote come sunday night.
Report bearcub December 18, 2020 11:20 PM GMT
You been drinking ?
Report armagnac December 18, 2020 11:21 PM GMT
you gotta be a monkey's red bum to bet against the horse lot, shrewdest of the shrewd them lot. they love a good old fashioned punt, thing is they don't have to rely on a horse waking up wanting to run with this gamble.
all they gotta do is pick up the phone and convince everyone else they know to.
barney curley strikes again
Report armagnac December 18, 2020 11:22 PM GMT
smooth coffee
Report armagnac December 19, 2020 12:36 AM GMT
probably foolish to forget about animal lovers, horse owners and riders especially. rural britain will come out in force over the petrol heads !!!
Report armagnac December 19, 2020 12:39 AM GMT
BETA National Equestrian Survey 2019 reveals an increase in riding
The British Equestrian Trade Association’s National Equestrian Survey 2019 has revealed an increase in horse riding over the past five years. This was among the findings from the first stage of the survey presented by BETA executive director Claire Williams at the National Equine Forum, in London, on Thursday 7 March.

The initial research, focusing on the number of horse riders and owners in Britain, the scale of lapsed riding and the barriers that prevent return and take-up, provides a clear and accurate picture of this part of the British equestrian landscape. The specially commissioned survey, which takes place every five years and was based on 6,151 nationally representative interviews, showed…

Number of horse riders: In 2014, there were 2.7 million riders following a steady decline in horse riding over the previous 10 years. Today, rider numbers are at 3 million, showing an indication of recovery, with not only an upturn in the number of people who have ridden in the past 12 months, but also an increase in those regularly riding at least once a month. There are now 1.8 million regular riders – back to levels seen between 2005 and 2010 – compared with 1.3 million in 2014. The greatest rise has been among 25- to 44-year-olds, an age group that showed a dramatic fall in riding during the previous five years.

Number of horse owners: In 2014, there was evidence of a steady decline in the number of Britain’s horse-owning households, from 451,000 four years earlier to 446,000. The downward trend has continued, with the figure now standing at 374,000.

Scale of lapsed riders: Seven per cent of households in Britain have members who have ridden in the past 12 months. A further 20 per cent have lapsed riders, while 73 per cent have never ridden.

Barriers to returning to the saddle: The survey shows that there are five million lapsed rider households in Britain, but 650,000 of them are interested in riding again. The two key growing barriers to this are access and proximity to horses.

“Although this is just the first stage of the National Equestrian Survey – we still have the detailed reports on the equestrian economy, spending and population to come – the future of equestrian sport looks encouraging,” said Claire Williams.

“The decline in rider numbers has been halted and the number of people riding on a regular basis has grown to give a far more positive outlook compared with five years ago. We are really looking forward to seeing the other parts of the survey, which are currently at fieldwork stage, with publication due in April/May.

“We are extremely grateful to Sport England, which through the British Equestrian Federation part-funded the survey work, which in 2019 has been the most robust ever and conducted online for the very first time.”

https://www.beta-uk.org/pages/news-amp-events/news/beta-national-equestrian-survey-2019-reveals-an-increase-in-riding.php
Report bearcub December 19, 2020 12:45 AM GMT
40 million cars in the uk

In theory if just .025% of their owners vote, Hamilton will win........

True story bro Cool

And if you add all the bus w@nkers in too, anything over 1.28 is HUGE..

Lots of kids Maro Kart on Nintendo too...
Report bearcub December 19, 2020 12:46 AM GMT
Night army Love
Report armagnac December 19, 2020 12:48 AM GMT
National Equestrian Survey 2019 - KEY FACTS

The British Equestrian Trade Association’s National Equestrian Survey 2019 highlights new spending patterns and changing trends over the past five years. It uses robust methodology, accurate statistics and educated estimates to present a fascinating insight into the equestrian sector today. Key findings include:

The economic value of the equestrian sector stands at £4.7 billion of consumer spending across a wide range of goods and services each year. This has increased from £4.3 billion in 2015.

There are 27 million people in Britain with an interest in the equestrian industry.

There has been an increase in the number of people who have ridden at least once in the past 12 months, to 3 million from 2.7 million in 2015.

The number of regular riders – those who have ridden at least once a month for the past 12 months – has risen from 1.3 million in 2015 to 1.8 million.

There are 374,000 horse-owning households in Britain – a drop from the 446,000 in 2015.

The estimated horse population in Britain stands at 847,000.

The average age of a horse is 13.

There are 5 million British households with at least one ex-rider.

Around 55% of riders have taken at least one break from riding.

Lack of access to horses and riding facilities is a barrier for 22% of lapsed riders returning to the sport.

The average frequency of riding – with an average riding time of 52 minutes – is 3.5 times a week.

Click here to order a copy of the 2019 National Equestrian Survey

https://www.beta-uk.org/pages/industry-information/market-information.php
Report armagnac December 19, 2020 12:49 AM GMT
is that why lewis averages 60k every year Crazy the beeb are too embarrassed to publish figures these days
Report armagnac December 19, 2020 12:51 AM GMT
owning a car is a necessity that most detest, paying taxes on broken roads and being stuck in traffic.

owning and riding horses is a passion Love

eat that sh1t breath
Report Sekt10ned December 20, 2020 2:00 AM GMT
Car drivers don't pay anything for fixing broken roads. The general public does through income tax. The racing industry has only every had one SPOTY winner and that was a lifetime achievement for a GOAT who only had a darts player as significant opposition. Do not underestimate horsepower over the ones that sh1t over the place it could get messy..

Hamilton's price has gone out now so I'd advise a little mitigation as it will be a very big surprise if a horse people campaign wins. Perhaps if she had won some races famous with the public - something to hope for in the the coming years.
Report bearcub December 20, 2020 8:30 AM GMT
lol
Report armagnac December 20, 2020 9:46 AM GMT
the year hamilton won 2014, you know with a dramatic last race win a few days before the awards, in a time when nobody realised he had the fastest car and before most knew he was a pompous rich brat. a time when he would get enough casuals !!
while that same year the horse lot had a runner in dressage, Charlotte Dujardin who got 75,814 votes. thats pretty much what hamilton gets on a good day the last few years when he's up against cycling, cricket and athletics.
charlott'e votes would of been nearly all from equestrian, she never had a campaign like hollie is getting. with every race course in britain tweeting support. plus nick skelton, hollie is getting the works. flat/jump/equestrian
there's also the massive hidden rural vote, plus the only female vote

you talk about hamilton breaking records lol wait to you see the amount of records ronnie has broken
the records liverpool football club are breaking, a 100 year plus one broken only last night
records broken by female jockey

the show is not all about lewis you plum and what hes done, they've all broken records in the last year
lewis has not come up against competition anywhere like this in the last few years where his core vote is a pathetic 60k, too low and embarrassing for the bbc to even make public.

hollie and the horsey lot will p1ss over lewis's core vote alone, then ronnie will destroy his chance of getting enough casual support. hollie will probably do that on her own anyway.

yeah but good luck Crazy
Report armagnac December 20, 2020 10:09 AM GMT
there records were all broken on a LEVEL playing field
Report the whizz kids December 20, 2020 10:52 AM GMT
Hollie winning this means everything to the horse world that's why they will be voting in thier droves. SPOTY means nothing to Hamilton/F1 fans, if it did he would have won it multiple times by now.
Report Jim Duncan January 30, 2021 7:14 PM GMT
Crazy
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com