Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
armagnac
04 Dec 20 22:52
| Topic/replies: 55,711 | Blogger: armagnac's blog
wasting no time in reinvesting Ronnie O Sullivan
£200.00
£1,349.51

this looks to good to be true, how on earth at 44 is this the 1st time he's made the shortlist. his fans inside and outside of snooker have waited to long, snooker has waited to long.
ronnie has to be one of this nations most loved sportsmen in the current era.

Winning the 2020 World Championship aged 44 years and 254 days made him the second-oldest player (after Ray Reardon) to win a world title in snooker's modern era.

ronnie is so charismatic i believe on the night his VT will capture the whole audience. the way he remained focused to become one of the most naturally talented snooker players ever, under the scrutiny of his Dad being banged up must of been very hard for him at times. but he just took it all in his stride and won an incredible 6 world titles to this point in time.

there's a real strong possibility Ronnie gets rewarded for his lifetime achievements after being snubbed for the shortlist time and time again. its not as if he's gonna get another chance so i see a massive turnout for this very popular sportsman. loved inside and outside of the sport, not afraid to wear his heart on his sleeve. bit of bad boy, the women love that and the men just admire his sheer skill.

of the competition fury has ruined his chance i feel by wanting off the shortlist. there was a worry ronnie might not be up for it but after seeing an interview he's fully embracing it and is well chuffed after the long wait he's had to make it here.

im a liverpool fan, and yeah great team, great year and a very long wait but footy just dont seem to cut the mustard in this event from recent tries. i just cant see many votes outside liverpool fans.

as for Lewis i think his record is p1ss weak in this:
2nd to joe, chris, geraint and ben last year. winning once in 2014 beating rory.
for a man with so many followers it never translates into mind blowing amounts of votes, i know motor racing fans and a lot of them dont like him. simple as that, on a likeability scale verses Ronnie. Lewis is not fit to carry Ronnie's cue.

so to sum it up, ronnie is more popular. he's had to wait years and years just for one chance...Mr moody gets called up year after year.
it would be a lovely change to see someone so deserving get something from the GBP after everything he has given to his sport over a long and very successful career.

looks a two horse race to me and Ronnie is surely huge value here to pull off the best shot of his life !!
Pause Switch to Standard View Rocket Ronnie to claim SPOTY at 1st...
Show More
Report bearcub December 5, 2020 7:37 PM GMT
Am i pi55ing on yer chips Sad
Report bearcub December 5, 2020 7:38 PM GMT
It was only 3 years ago ya dicksplash
Report armagnac December 5, 2020 7:39 PM GMT
just 3 years ago, not that long ago plum
you're making out it was being shortlisted
Report bearcub December 5, 2020 7:39 PM GMT
you're googling now aintcha Cool
Report armagnac December 5, 2020 7:41 PM GMT
Laugh dont need to with you about Love
Report bearcub December 5, 2020 7:41 PM GMT
Do you want the link, save you having to 'ask Jeeves'
Report bearcub December 5, 2020 7:42 PM GMT
1.01 you still use Ask Jeeves Cry
Report armagnac December 5, 2020 7:42 PM GMT
ofc we do, its all part of his redemption
strictly must be sh1t tonight then i take it
Report bearcub December 5, 2020 7:44 PM GMT
I never watch, i just wait for my text off hems and jot Cool
Report bearcub December 5, 2020 7:44 PM GMT
And lose my dough Sad
Report armagnac December 5, 2020 7:49 PM GMT
Cry
Report bearcub December 5, 2020 7:52 PM GMT
https://twitter.com/ronnieo147/status/934088564870131712?s=20
Report armagnac December 5, 2020 7:56 PM GMT
poor Ronnie, clearly going through one of his bad patches.
you can get away with virtually anything when you've got a screw loose, i should know Crazy
Report bearcub December 5, 2020 8:20 PM GMT
He's changed his twitter profile pic to SPOTY so i guess he's changed his mind
Report armagnac December 5, 2020 8:25 PM GMT
and he's preying like us Laugh
Report J.O.TOBIN. December 5, 2020 10:57 PM GMT
Sad All in on Bill to goCry
Report bearcub December 5, 2020 11:15 PM GMT
The old man is messing up your thread armySad
Report armagnac December 5, 2020 11:40 PM GMT
bless, he just wants to be part of another winning thread Cool
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- December 6, 2020 6:19 PM GMT
Ronnie backers will be hoping
George Russell features on spoty night.
Report armagnac December 7, 2020 4:44 PM GMT
gotta love Ronnie for saying this last month, so true

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/snooker/ronnie-osullivan-lewis-hamilton-titles-23030849
Report armagnac December 7, 2020 4:50 PM GMT
that kid pretty much proved it yesterday driving hamiltons car, was robbed of the win by dodgy pit crew !!
hamiltons a phony
Report Jim Duncan December 7, 2020 6:13 PM GMT
George Russell was robbed TWICE of victory yesterday and still nearly won after having to do an additional extra pit-stop, but two extra pit-stops were one too many! Phenomenal drive by Russell in the best car by far.
Report armagnac December 7, 2020 6:33 PM GMT
it does make you wonder why Hamilton has failed to smash the votes on these nights over the years, proper fans of motor racing know much of his success is down to the best car and not him. the fecking car should be shortlisted not him Laugh
his odds are mostly driven on the BLM movement, which he's been very supportive of all year. are they really gonna mention BLM in his VT ? coz outside of motor sport and the casuals who watch every year, are they gonna know his involvement ?
Report bearcub December 7, 2020 6:46 PM GMT
lol
Report bardo December 8, 2020 10:19 AM GMT
The telegraph usually does an online SPOTY poll every year and its always been very accurate in predicting the winner

If IAC is anything to go by ....Twitter should also be a fairly good indicator of who is most deserving in the minds of the public
Report armagnac December 10, 2020 1:32 PM GMT
this will make bear chuckle

i just counted the threads started since the beginning of the year on motor sport and snooker forums
snooker 75 theads
motor sport 7 threads

mmmmmmmmmmm Wink
Report keano712 December 10, 2020 2:53 PM GMT
That must make hollie doyle a certainty then army Laugh
Report armagnac December 10, 2020 3:00 PM GMT
oh yeah CryLaugh
Report bearcub December 10, 2020 4:07 PM GMT
I'd have had far more respect for you if you had started the Fury train.At least he actually does have a 'pathway to victory'
Report armagnac December 10, 2020 4:27 PM GMT
Plain
Report bearcub December 10, 2020 4:38 PM GMT
It's never too late Wink
Report Lifter December 10, 2020 7:32 PM GMT
I'd have Hollie second fave to Lewis. Only female "runner" and all of racing will be behind her.
Report Lifter December 10, 2020 7:34 PM GMT
Yesterday she became the first woman to win the Championship race Hong Kong. Another to the list
Report armagnac December 14, 2020 8:44 PM GMT
Tyson has instructed his lawyer to demand the bbc take him off the list
Report bearcub December 14, 2020 9:07 PM GMT
However, the BBC have since reiterated that Fury will remain on the shortlist, stressing that he does not have to take part in the live awards show, set to take place on December 20 in Salford.
Report the whizz kids December 15, 2020 2:08 PM GMT
I've laid off my 500 on Ronnie at 7.8, the same price I backed him for. Telegraph poll had Fury winning with Lewis a clear 2nd,Ronnie was miles behind. 17,000 votes so a good size but Fury had 50% of the vote. I've just had 50 on Fury for some interest.
Report armagnac December 15, 2020 2:23 PM GMT
seen same poll whizz but the article was about fury, those polls are always favoured to whoever the article is written about generally. probably coz its mostly people interested in reading about said person, if you're not a fan you stop at headline.
needs to be an unbiased poll
Report bearcub December 15, 2020 2:33 PM GMT
army would never post an unbiased poll Cry
Report armagnac December 15, 2020 2:38 PM GMT
i wouldn't post it bear, coz refreshed the page again today and was able to vote again !!!
Report bearcub December 15, 2020 2:42 PM GMT
I remember you posting Irish forum polls on Big Brother that had 40 voters, 36 of which were you Plain
Report bearcub December 15, 2020 2:43 PM GMT
And 1.01 if Ronnie was leading that poll you would have started a new thread, In CAPITALS and bolded
Report armagnac December 15, 2020 2:45 PM GMT
mumsnet was better, i actually read there IAC fred, wasn't so narrowminded this year, with plenty sticking up for Gi in the last week or so. was informative for the 1st time ever
Report the whizz kids December 15, 2020 3:26 PM GMT
Without doubt a biased poll but with Ronnie so so far behind I can't see him winning it now. I've just managed to get 500 on Fury at 3.5 for a top 3 finish. That's definitely value.
Fury can still win it but just doesn't have to accept it.
Report armagnac December 15, 2020 3:39 PM GMT
the poll is flawed not just biased
he's not interested, telling fans not to vote, when that has happened in previous big brothers, that person has been voted off next vote nearly every time.

Hollie looks a very strong bet for 3rd, she has a campaign running and those horsey types have proved very strong with there niche support. im pretty certain after i researched skelton that every campaign has ended in a top 3 places in the past for the horse lot.

cant see tyson anywhere near the top 3
Report the whizz kids December 15, 2020 4:05 PM GMT
When a poker player says don't call, that generally means that they want you to call, Fury is definitely playing poker with this. Imo Broad and Henderson won't make the top 3 which leaves 4 left. Lewis will definitely get top 3 although we thought AJ was a cert a few years ago and didn't make top 3, maybe something to do with the black thing?? Hollie definitely has a good case as does Ronnie. Fury imo just needs to beat one of those two for a top 3 finish and at 3.5 it's definitely value. Fury has a massive fan base, probably 5 x the amount of the other 2 combined. If I can get more on I definitely will.
Report armagnac December 15, 2020 4:19 PM GMT
good luck whizz, my gut says not happening though
Report bardo December 15, 2020 5:07 PM GMT
But consider this

How utterly embarrassing it would be for the beeb to have Fury winning but then said winner refuses to accept the award, show up on TV or be interviewed... basically making a mockery of the whole thing

The BBC simply can't risk that scenario

They will try and scuttle him if he doesn't manage to scuttle himself first

agree 100 % with Hollie for top 3 tho
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 16, 2020 10:26 AM GMT
Not much interest myself other than laying Henderson and Broad in all markets.  Stakes restricted because almost all my money was tied up on the US election.  Pity that now my cash has been released that Henderson is the biggest drifter.  I agree with your sentiment about Tyson whizz.  For me it looks a 3 horse race for 2 places, and whilst I think Tyson is the outsider of those 3 it seems very generous.  It did cross my mind that the reason the top 3 market is out of sync with the other two was that their was knowledge that he would be pulled from the list.
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 16, 2020 10:30 AM GMT
That worry looks unfounded now
Report the whizz kids December 16, 2020 11:17 AM GMT
I've been trying to lay Henderson to cover my Fury bet in the top 3 market. I had a bit done at 2.2 and I even pushed out to 2.4 but nothing matched. I would still like to get some more on Fury but only if its a good price. I've laid Hamilton at 1.02 for 5k but that's just going by what happened a couple of years ago with AJ.
Report the whizz kids December 16, 2020 11:20 AM GMT
Fury is the kind of person that would turn up Sunday night dressed as Santa, who knows with him??
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 16, 2020 11:31 AM GMT
I said on the politics thread that he plays to the same audience as Donald Trump (also a bit like Mourinho).  The talk is nearly always BS, but the delivery is steadfast (like he really believes in what he's saying) and very entertaining, so they get away with it.  The anti establishment and anti PC brigade lap it up.
Report armagnac December 16, 2020 11:44 AM GMT
think your misreading it, he genuinely hates the bbc and award after his treatment and petition to be taken off in recent years.
almost a certainty he tweets his fans on the night to not vote and he will mean it, i dont see any games or reverse phycology at all. any true fans who really know him will know this, if your guessing i think its a very costly mistake.
Report armagnac December 16, 2020 12:35 PM GMT
why on earth your trying to 2nd guess the mental process of fury over a 2/1 bet is beyond ridiculous as well, especially considering the competition.

lewis out of the top 3, more chance or aliens sucking you off than not happening. in a record breaking year where he's consistently made the top 3. he easily has enough loyal support to ease that.

people have been waiting years for ronnie to be on the list, he'll easily have enough very loyal support to get into the top 3. if the bbc throw the kitchen sink at his VT like they should after leaving him off for so long, and his life story emerges he will gobble up so much of the casual vote he'll win imo.
hamilton surely suffers voter fatigue from a casual aspect and the % of fury fans honouring there hero's wishes are far more likely to throw a vote or two ronnie's way than any other contender. as there very similar, being outspoken, truthful, entertaining and both have suffered with mental problems over the years.

as for hollie, she's got the most loyal support of the lot. the campaign is in full swing and her for top 3 is probably the biggest cert over the christmas period. especially being the only female in the line up, thats a casual haul in itself !!

fury top 3, my arse !!
Report bearcub December 16, 2020 12:41 PM GMT
OOOOOOO  you're rattled Cool
Report armagnac December 16, 2020 12:49 PM GMT
just trying again to save whizz from doing his balls
Report armagnac December 16, 2020 12:51 PM GMT
just makes no sense to bet a 2/1 shot on someone who genuinely wants nothing to do with the comp, in a high quality field.
its the opposite of value
Report bearcub December 16, 2020 12:51 PM GMT
they're his balls, he can do what he likes with them Plain
Report armagnac December 16, 2020 12:52 PM GMT
said my bit, wait till sunday now.
ronnie wins, hollie 2nd, lewis 3rd for me
Report bearcub December 16, 2020 12:55 PM GMT
There's only 1 name that's been talked about this week, and that's Fury

1 of the Defund the bbc accounts, which has over 100k followers is behind him, just to pi55 off the BBC

Unfortunately these morons are allowed to vote...  and vote they will
Report the whizz kids December 16, 2020 1:01 PM GMT
I've got big balls so not that worried but thank you for your concern Army. Year after year Spoty has been a farce and no doubt this year will be no different.
Report armagnac December 16, 2020 1:03 PM GMT
better snap up that huge 2/1 value then, i'd rather be on a 'trier' myself
Report armagnac December 16, 2020 1:04 PM GMT
that was to bear, good luck whizz
Report the whizz kids December 16, 2020 1:06 PM GMT
I took 3.5.
Report the whizz kids December 16, 2020 1:08 PM GMT
I bet come Sunday night we'll all be surprised with one of the results.
Henderson has been backed slightly in the last hour or so.
Report armagnac December 16, 2020 1:20 PM GMT
good thing about this there is always shocks, lewis's support has always been overrated imo he's up against it this time and far less casual votes available with the likes of a women jockey, the liverpool captain and ronnie in the running.

you look back at the shortlists, its usually crap sports like rugby, cricket, athletics, cycling..there's always gonna be huge casual votes available. majority of people not into that.
footy, racing and snooker have been staunch tv sports over the years. lewis wont get much casual support imo
Report the whizz kids December 16, 2020 1:26 PM GMT
If Hollie looks good to get a large number of votes and the fact that not many votes are needed to win this maybe 100,000 then 28s is not a bad price. I think this could be much closer than the books suggest. Hamilton is definitely no cert to win this plus people won't vote for Hamilton simply because they think it's a wasted vote because he's going to win. Sunday will be interesting.
Report armagnac December 16, 2020 1:34 PM GMT
nick skeltons campaign got 109,000 from horsey types, so you can expect similar results for Hollie
i'd expect more as shes the only women and racing is far more popular than equestrian, she could get 150,000 maybe

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/sports-personality/38358869
Report armagnac December 16, 2020 1:35 PM GMT
she will pick up more casuals than nick did i reckon
Report the whizz kids December 16, 2020 1:54 PM GMT
Twitter is all over her.
Report the whizz kids December 16, 2020 2:02 PM GMT
Fury is on the Jonathan Ross show Saturday night, yet more publicity. For what reason does he need to be on that show??? Apart from a possible fight that might happen at least 6 months from now.
Report bearcub December 16, 2020 2:19 PM GMT

Dec 16, 2020 -- 7:34AM, armagnac wrote:

nick skeltons campaign got 109,000 from horsey types, so you can expect similar results for Holliei'd expect more as shes the only women and racing is far more popular than equestrian, she could get 150,000 maybe.https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/sports-personality/38358869

If you think Hollie gets 150k votes there's a bed at Rampton with your name on it

Report bearcub December 16, 2020 2:20 PM GMT
Go have a lie down Plain
Report armagnac December 16, 2020 2:20 PM GMT
hes doing the rounds, the fight is huge and is putting pressure on AJ to get on with it.
he was this morning with piers the other day
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 16, 2020 3:10 PM GMT
Tyson wants to win regardless of what he is saying.  He just wants an excuse for his fragile ego if he doesn't.
Report armagnac December 16, 2020 3:12 PM GMT
Crazy
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 16, 2020 3:13 PM GMT
He's even more unhinged than you are army Shocked
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 16, 2020 3:15 PM GMT
He's about as genuine as a Chinese factory making Gucci handbags
Report armagnac December 16, 2020 3:35 PM GMT
crackpot needs filling
Report armagnac December 16, 2020 3:47 PM GMT
desperate or stupid, cant fathom it Confused
Report the whizz kids December 16, 2020 5:20 PM GMT
Big move on Hollie, not surprised as 28s was far too big. I managed to get £5.50Cry
Report armagnac December 17, 2020 12:33 PM GMT
exclusive fury article in telegraph

https://twitter.com/GarethADaviesDT/status/1339542286061985797

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/boxing/2020/12/17/tyson-fury-exclusive-interview-dont-need-anything-bbc-know/?utm_content=sport&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1608203123
Report bearcub December 17, 2020 12:54 PM GMT
Exclusive lol
Report armagnac December 17, 2020 5:39 PM GMT
ronnie is a true hero

https://twitter.com/ronnieo147/status/1339516342739890176?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Report armagnac December 17, 2020 6:40 PM GMT
big hollie move
Report armagnac December 17, 2020 7:04 PM GMT
push from the sun

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/horseracing/13505672/why-hollie-doyle-should-win-spoty-jockey-woman/
Report armagnac December 17, 2020 7:08 PM GMT
the sun takes a swipe at tyson, lewis, hendo and broad in that article LaughLaughLaugh
Report Lifter December 18, 2020 5:29 AM GMT
Good to see the market finally woke up to Hollies chances
Report armagnac December 18, 2020 11:01 AM GMT
you gotta think Gi being last women in castle is helping Hollie here, with the sun making same point about her being only women in line up. this generally doesn't usually attract many votes, so any edge is good.
plus this year more than ever, tv stations have gone viral on introducing women presenters, experts etc
only had her top 3, so had a bit on win after sun article.
Report bearcub December 18, 2020 11:49 AM GMT
Genuine wtf Cry
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 18, 2020 11:55 AM GMT
Lucy Bronze has got to feel a little hard done by not being shortlisted.  CL LF FC FAC and FWPOTY all in one season.
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 18, 2020 12:00 PM GMT
3 Liverpool players got in the FIFA men's team of the year, Allison, VVD and Trent-Arnold.  Makes you wonder what on earth Henderson is doing in the shortlist.
Report armagnac December 18, 2020 12:02 PM GMT
yep, i cant stand him..worse captain we've ever had
Report the whizz kids December 18, 2020 12:52 PM GMT
This is one hell of a gamble on Hollie.
Report the whizz kids December 18, 2020 12:55 PM GMT
She could be favourite by tea time.
Report the whizz kids December 18, 2020 1:02 PM GMT
I've found 1 twitter poll with 359 votes and it has Hollie at 44%, Lewis at 36%, Fury at 15% and Ronnie at 5%.
There is definitely a real campaign going to get her to win. I managed to get on last night at 8s and at 6s this morning.
Report armagnac December 18, 2020 1:07 PM GMT
well yeah, horse racing followers are virtually all punters lol
there guaranteed to vote after getting on Wink
Report armagnac December 18, 2020 1:08 PM GMT
the sun are really pushing her big style, running daily stories
Report armagnac December 18, 2020 1:09 PM GMT
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/horseracing/13504075/hollie-doyle-spoty-win-jockey/
Report the whizz kids December 18, 2020 1:22 PM GMT
Hollie will p1ss this and as you've said on another post Lewis only had 60k votes in previous years. Hollie won't need that many more to win it.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com