Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Biffo2010
16 Jun 20 14:51
| Topic/replies: 1,890 | Blogger: Biffo2010's blog
Surely is
Pause Switch to Standard View Rashford 2/1 SPOTY crazy short?
Show More
Report timbuctooth June 16, 2020 11:06 PM BST
Agreed, max red
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 17, 2020 7:56 PM BST
They more or less need to change the rules to nominate him

He has done little sportswise this year, but still has a chance
in what is likely a weak year.

They did seem to alter rules to get giggs nominated back in the day

So rules are there to be changed.

Deffo lay for me, but with trepidation
Report Biffo2010 June 18, 2020 3:10 PM BST
Yeah no sporting achievement , fair play to the lad but what hes done has been over hyped and will be forgotten about in a few weeks .
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 18, 2020 3:30 PM BST
I note man utd at 3/1 to win europa league

That might scupper these lays.
Report Biffo2010 June 18, 2020 5:02 PM BST
europa league LaughLaugh
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 19, 2020 9:38 AM BST
you can laff but should mr rashford be pictured anywhere near
a trophy THEY have their excuse to nominate him.
Report timbuctooth June 19, 2020 1:35 PM BST
The real danger is the pc, sjw bbc; they`re multi-orgasmic at the prospect.
Report Biffo2010 June 19, 2020 1:53 PM BST
Market copping on a bit back out to 4 , few weeks he will be 10 and more
Report bardo June 19, 2020 6:59 PM BST
Given the current situation and the BLM movement .. .. the Beeb would love nothing more than a Black winner as it would show them in a good light .

the award is not the sporting achievement of the year but Sports Personality of the year ... so it doesn't necessarily follow that Rashford had to win a trophy or a medal to get nominated .

this is gonna be a particularly weak year .. i think he walks it TBH
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 21, 2020 10:12 AM BST
The award is for sporting achievement not personality

Personality
noun
the combination of characteristics or qualities that form an individual's distinctive character.

a celebrity or famous person.

BBC using it in 2 above but some people think it is 1 above
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 21, 2020 11:48 AM BST
Without a doubt the public will use an element of 1 in their voting.

However the panel of experts who now control who is nominated have
In recent years stuck to 2.
Report Biffo2010 June 24, 2020 2:28 AM BST
Already back out to 4.5 .. Be 10s in two weeks
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 24, 2020 8:15 PM BST
Lineker doing his best for him...

2 assists for @MarcusRashford. It’s not just
school meals he puts on a plate.
Report razz July 3, 2020 1:06 PM BST
will fly out to 20's+ if fury beats wilder decisively later in the year also. even at 4.5 it's way too short. they would love a black guy to win, but he will have stiff competition from hamilton in that case, especially as he will have probably accomplished more than rashford in F1 at the end of the year.
Fury has an avenue to victory that I'm not sure ppl are realizing yet and that is the discrimination of the gypsy community. In this new age of BLM popularity it's hard to deny gypsies are treated more discriminatory than black people in Britain as a whole. although I'm not sure how promoted that would be or by who other than tyson himself, but it's something to think about at least.
Report razz July 3, 2020 1:11 PM BST
even 4.5 as it is now will look extremely short if fury beats wilder in the rubber match and by the 2nd fight it looks pretty likely. rashford will face competition for the top black guy from hamilton too who will likely achieve a lot more in F1 than rashford has in football this year. add to that the exposure hamilton has had in the last week or 2 in his response to bernie ecclestone, and also mercedes decision to paint there cars black for the rest of the season iirc. so if hamilton does well which looks probable and if Fury beats Wilder in the rubber match which looks likely or even if it's just 1 of those 2 rashford will probably trade much higher at some point.
Report razz July 3, 2020 1:12 PM BST
bah stupid forum didn't post my 1st post at first so basically did a double post >>
Report Biffo2010 July 22, 2020 2:42 AM BST
Correct razz , my moneys on Hamilton winning it .
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 27, 2020 4:29 PM BST
Blown the f a cup too, europa the last chance saloon.
Report razz August 3, 2020 2:32 AM BST
yeah looks like it's gonna be between hamilton and fury. rashford will continue to drift. he's still way too short imo.
Report KIMBLE August 16, 2020 3:39 PM BST
ronnie now crazy short
Report Biffo2010 August 16, 2020 9:19 PM BST
Ronnie deserves to be in the reckoning
Report Biffo2010 August 16, 2020 10:00 PM BST
Utd out of europa league , thats end of rashfords chances
Report razz August 18, 2020 3:08 AM BST
ronnie too short, snooker world championship barely made news this year I feel like. I checked bbc website yesterday, only snooker story was miles down the sports page.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- August 29, 2020 1:18 PM BST
600 test wickets might get nommed...
Report razz September 5, 2020 6:17 AM BST
rashford back down to under 6.0..it's not as if kids are benefiting from these free meals when there are so many still at home
Report razz September 5, 2020 6:17 AM BST
Little surprised hamilton hasn't shortened a little more also.
Report mafeking September 6, 2020 2:31 PM BST
he does look a very big price in a what for obvious reasons is a very weak year. gonna equal schumacher's record of most championships, overtake him for race wins and the season ends in december fresh in the mind for voters
Report razz September 11, 2020 6:04 PM BST
yup, and he's black to boot!

I layed some of my fury green, wilder rematch in doubt for this year. probably gonna add a bit to hamilton. ronnie seems too short, especially at similar odds to hamilton, i think his odds will slowly drift from here. rashford got bet down again, i don't get the love for him considering so many kids still aren't at school benefiting from school meals.
Report armagnac October 16, 2020 2:47 PM BST
interesting battle looming here
fury virtually out of it
ronnie wins UK championship puts him in the mix and above the egotistical t0sser hamilton imo as both sports are pretty niche to there fanbase but outside there sports ronnie is far more loved to the wider public. tbh most motor racing fans think hamilton is a grade 1 pr!ck anyway.
probably the weakest heat in years and he's still not fav, says it all. clueless mugs backing him at this prices, its the anyone but him vote that makes him valueless !!

as this is such a p1ss poor year, will rashford get a backdoor pass from the selection panel ? afterall its been a weird covid and my guess is normal rules don't apply.
if thats the case he'll be a 1.01 with only ronnie standing a chance if he clinches the 2nd best trophy in snooker having already got the premium world title under his belt.
forget hamilton you mugs, wins f all. no one outside F1 would spend a call on him, let alone the time of day !!

having said all that footy is hopeless for votes, they just can't be arsed making the effort as we've seen with nominee's in the past. but this falls into that giggs category, plus its a parent thing..even the manks should help one of there own.
i guess a lot depends on this christmas free meals push from rashford, might not need another government U-Turn...his profile would get bigger without it. as he won't give in, bit like a dog with a bone.

rashford total certainty for me in a very weak year where normal rules probably don't apply, most if not all sport has been cancelled at some point this year so its not as if bending the rules really matters. does it ?
Report timbuctooth October 16, 2020 7:18 PM BST
It`s a popularity contest, so Ronnie`s the value. Universally loved, the ladies who vote in large numbers know him and his back story,they`ll be feeling the love and empathy. Rashford shouldn`t be anywhere near the shortlist, max red
Report armagnac October 16, 2020 7:45 PM BST
dangerous lay, not much to shortlist is there ? 50/50 rashford makes it imo
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 21, 2020 10:31 AM BST
rashford on front page of bbc news today

Champions League: 'He can be world class' - Marcus Rashford shines again in Paris

hmmm! , and  2/1 on here
Report Biffo2010 October 21, 2020 10:26 PM BST
2/1 Is a truly awful price
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 22, 2020 12:21 PM BST
7/4 now
Report razz October 22, 2020 10:31 PM BST
easy hamilton bet last month, can lay off now. **** knows who'll win though, just gonna look to green out for now.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 23, 2020 11:32 AM BST
evs, ...looks like bbc have changed the rules, perhaps ?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 23, 2020 11:55 AM BST
rashford on front page of bbc again today
Report Lifter October 23, 2020 6:10 PM BST
Marcus volunteering at the food bank with his mother. Getting massive coverage.

Odds look big.
Report Lifter October 23, 2020 6:12 PM BST
oh not evens anymore.. currently 1.8
Report johnnyrant October 24, 2020 9:52 AM BST
Looks free money for Rashford layers unless the BBC changes the SPOTY rules this year.
Report armagnac October 24, 2020 11:35 AM BST
more chance than not that happens this year jr
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 25, 2020 4:26 PM GMT
Geoghegan Hart a late runner...?
Report johnnyrant October 26, 2020 7:06 PM GMT
Not so sure about that, army. We've only had a shortlist of 6 in recent years & there are easily 6 top sporting achievers this year I can think of without difficulty. And don't forget the BBC is always keen for female representation on the list, and enjoy shortlisting a less able-bodied candidate when possible.
Report armagnac October 26, 2020 8:47 PM GMT
mmm true jr, its not a market to be confident in though in such a strange year. like most events i guess, there's always an act of god that can feck us from nowhere lol
Report Biffo2010 October 27, 2020 12:46 AM GMT
looks like rashford isnt getting nominated , massive drift in past couple of hours
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 27, 2020 1:42 AM GMT
Drifted top 3 too
Report armagnac October 27, 2020 8:34 AM GMT
Report armagnac October 27, 2020 8:36 AM GMT
maybe a special award is under construction ?
either way ronnie needs to win UK championship otherwise we'll have a runaway winner
Report adge October 27, 2020 12:45 PM GMT
hollie doyle and fallon sherrock as certainties to be on the short list
Report Kauto SuperStar October 27, 2020 1:24 PM GMT
It is good to see the market has woken up, in what were worrying times as a heavy Hamilton / O'Sullivan backer.
It was incredulous to see Rashford down at 1.6 for a non-sporting achievement.
Final 6 for me are Hamilton, O'Sullivan, Fury, Hart, Doyle and Sherrock.
Hamilton wins, Ronnie second
Rashford wins a special award of some sort.
Report razz October 27, 2020 11:50 PM GMT
fury might shorten a bit after his opponent is announced, not that it will be a giant name. long shot maybe usyk chisora winner maybe? ronnie no chance unless he doesn't win another event, not really sure what his odds will be if he does though.
Report armagnac November 1, 2020 12:43 PM GMT
2020 was already bad but if that pompous self righteous pr1ck hamilton wins it really will put a rotten cherry on this year
Report bardo November 8, 2020 11:56 PM GMT
I know Snooker is a bit niche etc ... but Formula 1 hardly inspires most people .

IMO ...hamilton just isn't that popular among the public.. id be amazed if he won   ,..

Whereas Ronnie  OS is a real genuine character and truly is the peoples champion ... plus he has been around a lot longer, and most people who back football and horses would be far more inclined to vote for him than Louis H

It all depends how it's edited on the night ..but I'm sure the Beeb will have their favourite as always

If we are truly honest about it .. I reckon Tyson Fury deserves it .. in recent years he went to the backyard of both of his biggest rivals and took the heavyweight world title off them .. plus he has won many admirers with how open he has been with his struggle with mental health issues
Report timbuctooth November 25, 2020 1:16 PM GMT
Rashford hits 840!
Report Fangsy November 25, 2020 1:26 PM GMT
Also a move for Broad - looks very much like a shortlist has been drawn-up and the BBC insiders are hoovering-up the prices.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- November 25, 2020 10:44 PM GMT
Congratulations, @marcusrashford
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- November 25, 2020 10:45 PM GMT
Congratulations, @marcusrashford

The Man Utd forward and campaigner will receive a Panel Special Award at BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2020.

#bbcfootball #bbcspoty
Report armagnac November 25, 2020 10:53 PM GMT
well done layers
Report adge November 25, 2020 11:44 PM GMT
would have thought anderson much outweighed broad this year if they wanted a cricketer
Report Darlo Bantam November 26, 2020 1:17 AM GMT
Still plenty of money to lay on Rashford and he ain't even on the shortlist.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- December 2, 2020 12:13 AM GMT
Hamilton 1.46
Osullivan 8
Fury 8
Henderson 16
Doyle 40
Broad 280

Well done rashford layers
Report Jim Duncan December 2, 2020 8:32 AM GMT

Nov 9, 2020 -- 12:56AM, bardo wrote:

I know Snooker is a bit niche etc ... but Formula 1 hardly inspires most people .IMO ...hamilton just isn't that popular among the public.. id be amazed if he won

Report Jim Duncan December 2, 2020 8:35 AM GMT
If media reports are true, Fury donated his entire purse from his first fight on 01 December 2018 against Wilder to charities including the Los Angeles homeless.

If you want personality, Fury has it in spades - how about his singing in the ring of 'American Pie' having smashed Wilder this past February? Now he is better understood, he is extremely popular.
Report 1830 December 2, 2020 2:40 PM GMT
Fury asks to be removed from list of contenders

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/sports-personality/55162164
Report Jim Duncan December 2, 2020 3:19 PM GMT
...it will be interesting to see what happens - will he be removed from the shortlist (which has never happened) or is it clever reverse psychology to motivate his fans to support him?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com