Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
armagnac
09 Dec 19 16:00
| Topic/replies: 55,922 | Blogger: armagnac's blog
i have backed ladbaby again this year at 3/1
worked the media well last year to get his charity single home, can see him begging his way to another number one this year..especially now he's more media savvy

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 106
By:
armagnac
When: 09 Dec 19 16:25
already seeing lots of exposure, bbc, metro and official charts commenting...can almost guarantee some big names will get behind the campaign again...wonder if his beloved gregs will this time around.
By:
timbuctooth
When: 09 Dec 19 16:53
As usual, been laying anything that moved for the last few weeks, so always nice to see an AO springer come straight in as fav!
You and I have enjoyed a couple of these campaigns together in the past, but they were at bigger prices; reluctant to go against you, but we`re only still in the phoney war, it doesn`t really get serious for another week or more, so had to lay some bits down to 3.1. No idea yet as to its real prospects, so have kept him middling green, but I`d be a bit concerned about the prospect of getting all the same supporters as last year, they might feel `he`s had his turn, we`ll go for a different one this year`.
By:
armagnac
When: 09 Dec 19 17:22
he's got a gazillion food companies that could back him tim, also a non serious act has never had back to back christmas number ones. only two pro's have so there is records up for grabs here.
the track this year is far more catchy imo, lots thought this was the song he was gonna wreck last year.
also the bloke is a total pest, he wont be off social media or any media for the next two weeks.
i think he'll p1ss up again
By:
armagnac
When: 09 Dec 19 18:57
he's already going on radio nottingham to promote, he only had a handful last year which were in the last few days. for him to already be plugging pre-launch is massive. he will hit a much bigger audience this year at this rate
By:
moonaxed
When: 09 Dec 19 19:53
You're putting a lot of effort in to push a potential 3/1,winner, or probably lay 4.1 loser.good luck
By:
Splinun1
When: 10 Dec 19 00:41
Army, I’m with you. Current number 1 is 2nd fave and been there for 10 weeks, just about to run out of steam. As far as I see no big players are releasing new songs or collaborations in time for next week. I do think it’ll be less streams and purchases last year but it’s a far weaker market than last year IMO.
By:
armagnac
When: 10 Dec 19 08:53
yes splin all i see is far less competition this time (presently) with acts who are not overly concerned about being christmas number one, verses someone who is that desperate to do it again its almost life and death. i think ladbaby will sell more copies this year than last personally coz his enthusiasm will not have waned in the light of already achieving top spot. for me he will be even more c0cky and will seize any attention from any quarter to spread the word, especially as now he's actually seen 1st hand what the charity he working for is all about and how hard they have to work at, even more so this time of the year. that will be his selling point to the audiences he reaches, i think his delivery of this will be so poignant any challengers who appear he'll probably win around.
By:
armagnac
When: 10 Dec 19 16:39
they've been on the streets of london with a megaphone begging for pre-orders lol, video going up on his facebook page later. which has 3.2 million likes
By:
armagnac
When: 10 Dec 19 16:43
his facebook page this time last year had 2.7 million likes a boost of 500,000
By:
armagnac
When: 10 Dec 19 18:46
whers's cider i want to ask him something, how many physical sales did ladbaby achieve last year ? current number one is only getting around 68,000 streams atm according to the plonker masterton
By:
Cider
When: 10 Dec 19 19:02
By:
armagnac
When: 10 Dec 19 19:04
thanks cider
By:
Cider
When: 10 Dec 19 19:06
Dance Monkey is heading for circa 70K this week, but long odds on to be subject to ACR in the one that counts (ie next week).
By:
armagnac
When: 10 Dec 19 19:07
yeah read that on james's last update, no idea what it means but i know its bad lol
By:
Cider
When: 10 Dec 19 19:12
To put it simply, once a song that's been charting for a number of weeks is in decline, it gets less credit for streaming to expedite its fall in the chart, to make room for newer music. If ACR is applied, it won't be able to win.
By:
armagnac
When: 10 Dec 19 19:12
with ladbaby's increased followers and the fact this means so much more to him ie back to back and never been done by novelty act i see him beating those sales figues easily
By:
armagnac
When: 10 Dec 19 19:13
ok thanks again cider, your the master not that twonk james, oh and what a goal by salah holy cow
By:
Cider
When: 10 Dec 19 19:19
You were the Daddy last year army! I would say LadBaby is the front runner with known knowns and DM being subject to ACR, but without the BBC breakfast interview he would have been beat in 2018. So he either needs to make up for that in general sales, or get on the breakfast show again.
By:
armagnac
When: 10 Dec 19 19:26
lol yeah need it again for a nice christmas after andy getting robbed, feels like de ja vouz.. although this year i broke even on celeb. i'd be gobsmacked if he does not get same or lots more publicity this year, as last year he was literally a nobody and had to force the issue a bit. i'd expect his door to be knocking but if not he wont sit on his hands, in his eyes he's reigning champ and will do whatever it takes to retain that.
By:
armagnac
When: 10 Dec 19 19:41
i'd imagine the video will be funny and both of there kids heavily involved, its gonna be a guaranteed stocking filler
By:
Splinun1
When: 10 Dec 19 20:09
Hope your right Army, specials have been rough for me this year. Needing some Christmas cheer, this is my biggest green for a very long time if it comes in. The High Street was way too slow on this market and we’re 2/1 last night. Now almost at evens. More than likely as he has form and still no contenders. We all know huge followings matter in specials (Jac)
By:
armagnac
When: 10 Dec 19 20:14
im super confident if no big name announces anything by friday, it wins easily.
By:
armagnac
When: 10 Dec 19 21:03
video up on his facebook, bloke is a total nutter lol
By:
armagnac
When: 11 Dec 19 07:21
ladbaby's facebook page is actually Followed by 3,868,475 people, which is obviously different to likes. ive no idea how many followers he had this time last year. but he now has 3.4 million likes, compared to 2.7million likes last year. so im guessing his followers was around 3 million.
By:
armagnac
When: 11 Dec 19 07:27
if that was the case and he managed 70,000 in sales, that would mean a measly 0.02% of his facebook fanbase each bought one copy. if the same happens this year from his grown page he would achieve over 90,000 in sales. add in he's a little more known to the wider public this year, i see his sales getting close to 100,000 and being more than enough
By:
armagnac
When: 11 Dec 19 07:36
the jacket cover for the track is iconic and for me the song is far more catchy than last year, if nothing comes out the woodwork i see this being long odds on by sunday.
By:
armagnac
When: 11 Dec 19 07:52
the big thing that sets him apart from the competition is he's absolutely desperate and wants to be number one, and will do almost anything to get there..including begging at every opportunity. that simply is not gonna happen with any other runners. its like backing a horse, its always nice to know your on a trier.
By:
bearcub
When: 11 Dec 19 10:11
So much to read, so little to digest Cry
By:
armagnac
When: 12 Dec 19 08:43
the other massive positive here is surely most of the 70,000 who ordered last year will want the 2nd instalment of this amazing sausage story, and if ladbaby sells the fact they'd be part of history by helping him achieve back to back number ones. the motivation to buy will be extremely high.
By:
armagnac
When: 12 Dec 19 08:44
bottom line i should be his agent and PR machine coz i'd get this over line before the rest had got off the blocks
By:
armagnac
When: 12 Dec 19 09:12
he's definitely upped his game, vid up using the online hate he's getting for sympathy...quality move, we'e seen how hate drives people to vote over the years
By:
bearcub
When: 12 Dec 19 09:14
That's how you won FOTY Wink
By:
armagnac
When: 12 Dec 19 09:16
Love off to work for me, lets get this home
By:
Splinun1
When: 12 Dec 19 23:16
He certainly has upped his game. He’s definitely going for it, just came out that he’s been trying to get a collaboration through to some big stars but they all snubbed him. If that’s not a vote getter I don’t know what is!
By:
armagnac
When: 12 Dec 19 23:47
its all over splin, he'll be long odds on very soon. he's much bigger than he was last year, his supporters are committed, he's at the top of his game right now...no doubt he's peaking and a bigger flash in the pan than most 15min wannabe's. which is why the media will be all over him this time around.
his breaking news instagram has had nearly 100,000 views, his video's regularly get over 200,000 views within a week.
the charity angle is just to good for anyone to get close, some big names but the competition is bland..the best track by a mile is the current number one, luckily for us its flame is dying out.

form a queue - this race is over before it starts
By:
Cider
When: 13 Dec 19 08:05
Quite an interesting point of note about LadBaby army is that he's now under the management of Joe Sugg .www.margravinemanagement.com/about .www.instagram.com/margravinemanagement/?hl=en

I suspect you're right, no longer a 15 min of fame wannabe, gone professional under the hood. But still playing the naive joker.
By:
armagnac
When: 13 Dec 19 08:55
good spot cider, thanks...seems that professionlism already working, they had a decent segment on ch5 news last night

https://twitter.com/LadBabyOfficial?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
By:
armagnac
When: 13 Dec 19 08:56
oh and before i get completely sidetracked goodbye corBIN you utter ****
By:
armagnac
When: 13 Dec 19 09:00
vid going on now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-WCAEwMJhI
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show