Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
LOU MACARIS TARTAN B
13 Sep 19 12:28
| Topic/replies: 10,247 | Blogger: LOU MACARIS TARTAN B's blog
Dev Griffin will go well in Strictly.

We can all see the obvious Karim, Emma, Alex etc but for a lively outsider at about 25/1 I think he's worth more than a few shillings.
Pause Switch to Standard View Got a sneaking feeling ...............
Show More
Report timbuctooth September 13, 2019 12:48 PM BST
I have exposed your lies a number of times over the years; now you`re back, and lying again, as 25/1 is NOT available, is it?
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B September 13, 2019 12:58 PM BST
It says ABOUT 25/1.  It's 22/1 as we speak so hardly a mile out ffs.

PS.  What 'Lies' have you exposed of mine son?
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B September 13, 2019 1:19 PM BST
tim

By the way I don't know if you use New Community or maybe have just ignored me but have a look in your Inbox at a Private Message I sent you on November 25th last year.  This was 20 days (I had to look it up to get the exact figure in case I was a day or so out and you pulled me up on it!) before the final.

It was just a friendly, inquisitive message but you never replied?

Not to worry.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B September 22, 2019 9:41 AM BST
Well well well!

Very nice start from Dev, very decent indeed.  Not obviously the 'Wow' of a Kelvin or Karim but one of the best half a dozen on the night, comes across a nice chap too.

Into 15/1 as we speak, 5th Favourite. Yes very pleased.
Report hemsby September 22, 2019 10:58 AM BST
Good start for your guy Lou, very competent. Very difficult to see him contending though. I still fancy Will to outlast him Wink
Report bearcub September 22, 2019 12:55 PM BST
Lou makes up prices worse than Diane Abbott

LPM 21, which is basically the same as when you started the train

Bear........... Calling out the lying toerags since 2004 Cool
Report Cider September 22, 2019 2:00 PM BST
Super start Lou, I'm very keen on Dev's chances.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B September 22, 2019 2:39 PM BST
Thanks Cider

Yes looking decent.  Some very good showings for Week 1 all round but happy that he started like that.  Let's hope he keeps it up.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B September 26, 2019 3:14 PM BST
Dev now down to 13.5.  Come down a bit more to 10 Dev and I'm out.  A good night on Saturday and he may well do.
Report five leaves left September 26, 2019 5:32 PM BST
He looks good in training Lou. Could be a good week for him
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B September 26, 2019 6:39 PM BST
I hope so Fig.  I like that he came across very well too, not flash, cocky just a decent bloke trying his best and that can't be bad so yes good luck to him.
Report hemsby September 26, 2019 8:13 PM BST
Agree with Fig , he looks like having a good week with the Jive .

Could be a good weekend for you Lou Grin
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B September 26, 2019 8:58 PM BST
I hope so hems.  Will bring him in line with my other 'Greens' to soften the large blow I have on the 'Reds' a little if he reaches 10.  He's 12 at the moment so come on backers bring him in a bit.  A good showing this weekend will help so touching wood here.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B September 28, 2019 11:21 PM BST
Yes very pleased again.  Surely safely through, one of the top few on the leaderboard he looks decent.

Not so much a 'Choo Choo' at the moment but certainly a 'Choo'

Well done Dev.
Report bearcub September 28, 2019 11:34 PM BST
He doubled in price

I'm surprised you're not ecstatic
Report hemsby September 29, 2019 7:42 AM BST
Unlucky Lou , not quite the price movement most of us had anticipated.

Perhaps our expectation was artificially high after seeing the very promising training clips. A competent performance though nonetheless but he doesn’t look like challenging Karim or Kelvin for best dancer honours and he doesn’t really have outstanding likability so it’s difficult to see a path to success.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B September 29, 2019 8:07 AM BST
Yes not in the same league as those two but hopefully still room for improvement.  Like I said was hoping he'd hit 10 which he almost did in the week so I could bring him in line with the others but perhaps back to about 20 when the market opens which is not that much better than what I backed him at.

Going nicely though so fingers crossed.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 5, 2019 11:42 PM BST
Again in keeping with me being as straight and honest as can be regardless of whether I'm Green' or 'Red' on someone I have to say that whilst he was very good tonight and deservedly near the top of the leaderboard I think 9's all round was overmarking.  Was he good? yes he was but what it really 9/10?  No it wasn't.

Safely through and doing very well indeed though so keep up the good work.
Report hemsby October 6, 2019 10:05 AM BST
Well done Lou , very good night for your man.

I actually disagree with your verdict .....I thought he was excellent and deserved to top the leaderboard .
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 6, 2019 10:13 AM BST
Fair enough to each his own.  I thought he was very good just not 9/10 though.

Happysmileyfaceythingy.
Report Cider October 6, 2019 5:13 PM BST
In contrast, there's lots of people who feel Dev should have received a 10. Like, people who don't look at the betting. Take a look at the top 30 or so comments on the (trending) you tube video.

The betting market has a blind spot on Dev. That's fine by me, as I'm not looking to get out any time soon!
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 6, 2019 6:29 PM BST
Well I'll gladly get out at 10 if he reaches it and bring him exactly in line with six other Greens I have.  Really can't see how that was 10/10, so he was as good as Ashleigh danced every week last year surely not? and she didn't always get 10's.

No for me like I said very good yes but saying that was worth a 10 is ridiculous IMO.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 6, 2019 6:31 PM BST
I should add I wouldn't have given Kelvin 10's either although again very good.
Report Cider October 6, 2019 7:00 PM BST
Do you feel it may be worthwhile concentrating on what the voters are likely to think (rather than yourself), in regard to scoring? The viewers want to see a dance they loved rewarded with a 10. They are generally not analysing the technical ability in great detail, or looking for errors, and nor are the judges as it goes. As a Dev backer I feel it's preferable to have the first 10s in the locker to come.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 6, 2019 7:19 PM BST
Cider

I'm happy that Dev got high scores all I'm saying if I was judging then no way would I have given that a 10, not even a 9.  On that rating then what would Ashleigh have been worth last year 14's - 15's?
Report Cider October 6, 2019 7:28 PM BST
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but the scores are totally made up to fit the script. It doesn't matter how you would have scored a dance as you're not involved in writing the script. It does matter however whether the voting audience perceived a dance to be underscored or overscored.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 6, 2019 8:06 PM BST
Sorry Cider I don't agree with what you've said.  When you can prove to me the scores are 'totally made up to fit the script' let me know but until then I'll keep giving my opinion in what I see in front of me and like I said if Kelvin was worth a score of 10/10 and Dev 9/10 then someone like say Ashleigh last year would have been about 14/10 in comparism and one thing I can prove to you is 14/10 is impossible.
Report mach October 6, 2019 8:11 PM BST
Who each one of us deserves to progress in the competition is irrelevant,  to think otherwise is vanity.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 6, 2019 8:18 PM BST
Was hoping Dev would go lower than 13/14 after last night and what he's done before but I guess the odds are so low on the favourite then second favourite that the others all have to be high.  Come on forum take the 10!
Report Cider October 6, 2019 8:23 PM BST
Have you seen every single final Lou where everyone gets a better score for exactly the same dance (usually two dances) performed earlier in the series (unless of course it already received a maximum). The case rests ;)
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 6, 2019 8:27 PM BST
cider

Yes the case does rest I suggest you quit whilst you're behind.  'totally made up to fit the script'

You couldn't provide any evidence to your this claim as we all know you can't.

"Next"!
Report bearcub October 6, 2019 11:48 PM BST
lol
Report Cider October 12, 2019 11:12 PM BST
Cry
Report hemsby October 12, 2019 11:39 PM BST
Very UL Lou.

Dev turned out to be collateral damage on a night of super crazy scoring.

I did say Will would outlast him though Wink
Report five leaves left October 12, 2019 11:40 PM BST
He won't outlast Cath Love
Report bearcub October 12, 2019 11:54 PM BST
I feel your pain Lou

It must hurt

hurt really hard

The first time you've ever nailed your colours to a mast before the off and this happens

Life can be so cruel

and yet so sweet too
Report mach October 13, 2019 12:49 AM BST
I respect your honesty, honesty is the greatest virtue, and any honest person will love your feedback!
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 13, 2019 3:17 AM BST
Just finished watching it.  Thought he did ok without being that great and 7/10 was right it wasn't worth an 8 in my book but as Cider pointed out some very unusually high scoring on the night but that being said I never thought he'd be in the DO and also I thought Emma and Alyiaz were good too suprised they were in it.

I just wanted him to hit 10 so I could sell some of my Green to bring him in line with others but he never quite did.  Overmarked last week but a big shock that he's gone.  I thought he may even make the Final 4!
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 13, 2019 10:48 PM BST
Thought it was very harsh that both couples were in the DO I wouldn't have had either.  That said because his dance was very basic (what more can anyone do with it?) I think being as HONEST as ever I would have saved the other couple too.  Overall though I'd have him down as one of the best five or six in the competition and thought he may even make the final 4 so to be voted out third was ridiculous.  I bet the judges regret their overscoring of most of the couples on the night to leave him in that position in the first place but hey ho that's the game I suppose so fair enough.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com