Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
armagnac
10 Aug 19 21:44
| Topic/replies: 55,171 | Blogger: armagnac's blog
Can someone please tell me why hills and sports book have settled this market when the official figures are not released until Monday ?
I know the overnight figures were 3.6 million but were still waiting for online numbers as they changed the way viewer rating were calculated this series...which now includes itv hub via mobiles, tablets and pc’s.

The bet was worded ‘love island 2019 final to average higher UK viewing figures than the Wimbledon men’s final (6 million)’
Which was 3/1
Pause Switch to Standard View Love island OFFICIAL viewer figures
Show More
Report armagnac August 10, 2019 8:46 PM BST
Launch night had 3.2 million overnight and 5.9 million official figures
Report timbuctooth August 11, 2019 2:56 PM BST
Does this help?

www.itv.com/loveisland/news
Report Cider August 11, 2019 4:11 PM BST
Average is overnight isn't it ie 'live', you can't have average consolidated. As time lapse viewing is any time, by definition. There's usually three types of ratings, peak, average and consolidated.
Report armagnac August 11, 2019 5:27 PM BST
don't think so tim, thanks anyway
Report armagnac August 11, 2019 5:37 PM BST
this explains the change, surely i have a case ?

Love Island 2019 set for highest ratings ever after pulling almost 6MILLION viewers
Change to TV ratings system gives already popular show another huge boost

Love Island 2019 is on course to be the highest-rating series yet after almost 6MILLION viewers watched the launch episode.

The ITV2 dating contest is known for its phenomenal success, with last year's series averaging just shy of 4million

However, its viewing figures have now shot up even higher thanks to a change in how they are calculated.

The latest run is the first to air since BARB, the body that measures television audiences, began including online catch-up services in consolidated ratings.

Therefore, the data now accounts for fans who stream their favourite programmes on demand, as well as those who watch recordings.

This has made a huge difference to Love Island's already eye-watering numbers.

Today, BARB released consolidated ratings for the start of series five - with the launch episode attracting a whopping total of 5.9MILLION viewers.

4.58million tuned in on televisions - already up over half a million on last year's premiere.

A further 1.33million watched on their computers, smartphones and tablets via ITV Hub.

Overall, the first week averaged 5.65million viewers (excluding the Saturday 'Unseen Bits' episode).

Love Island 2019 - week one consolidated ratings
Monday 3rd June (Launch) - 5.9million viewers
Tuesday 4th June - 5.6million viewers
Wednesday 5th June - 5.74million viewers
Thursday 6th June - 5.55million viewers
Friday 7th June - 5.69million viewers
Sunday 9th June - 5.44million viewers
These figures only cover 7 days of catch-up, so they'll rise even further when 28-day data is released in the weeks ahead.

https://tellymix.co.uk/ratings/407055-love-island-2019-set-for-highest-ratings-ever-after-pulling-almost-6million-viewers.html
Report armagnac August 11, 2019 5:41 PM BST
ive just checked wiki to paste it here the result is still to be confirmed but its show there was 6.55 million watched the final

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Island_(series_5)#Ratings
Report armagnac August 11, 2019 5:55 PM BST
i suppose i needed the word consolidated in the bet title
Report Cider August 11, 2019 6:19 PM BST
Like I said, average relates to overnights ie 'live' viewing, within the broadcast day I believe.
Report armagnac August 11, 2019 9:41 PM BST
makes sense, cheers cider for help Happy
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com