Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Biffo2010
04 Jul 19 22:17
| Topic/replies: 1,904 | Blogger: Biffo2010's blog
Im on at big prices , if he was to win the doubles here at Wimbledon what price would he drop to. Looked like career was over a few months ago. Maybe a good run in the US Open would see him get it

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 82
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 05 Jul 19 11:50
why would he get selected for the short list if he won wimbledon doubles?

his brother never did
By:
Biffo2010
When: 08 Jul 19 02:42
It would of helped had he won it , career looked over .
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 11 Jul 19 22:27
find the right cricketer ....
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 11 Jul 19 22:35
match winner to win the world cup, do well in the ashes , and beat the aussies

roy, root, capt morgan, bairstow, stokes, archer, ...woakes 1000 ?
By:
Biffo2010
When: 12 Jul 19 23:03
Andy gone back over 100 after goin out of doubles.Just backed Geraint Thomas at 18
. Just above evens to win Tour De France , 18 looks huge
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 14 Jul 19 12:45
i think thats a better bet.
By:
VardonVoo.
When: 14 Jul 19 20:56
Which cricketer is most likely to get shortlisted? Would the BBC be reluctant to put Stokes forward, given his history?
By:
cruso
When: 15 Jul 19 00:53
One horse book now...
By:
timbuctooth
When: 15 Jul 19 02:40
It`s a team game so he might well not even be nommed, and there`s five months for him to drift. Max red.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 18 Jul 19 13:33
hes still got the ashes, as have the others.

going some to beat stokes this year, might need some late
night action to save the layers,

still the shorty got stuffed last year , by a cyclist.
By:
VardonVoo.
When: 20 Jul 19 13:20
Is there a chance Eng might get the Team award and/or Greatest Sporting Moment award?

This was last year's after Geraint Thomas clinched the individual prize:-

"England's gold medal-winning netballers have capped a memorable year with two awards at the BBC Sports Personality of the Year show.

The Roses were crowned Team of the Year after their historic Commonwealth Games triumph before also being awarded Greatest Sporting Moment of the Year.

Helen Housby scored in the final second to give England a 52-51 victory over favourites Australia at April's Games.

The Greatest Sporting Moment award is a new category voted for by the public.

Fans were asked to choose from five moments over the past 12 months that captured the nation's imagination.

England topped the poll ahead of four other shortlisted moments:

The England football team's World Cup penalty shootout win
Alastair Cook's farewell century for England's cricket team
Golfer Tiger Woods' first win in five years
Boxer Tyson Fury's fight-back to draw with WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder"
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 21 Jul 19 13:12
england for team award would take some bearing

the run out off last ball of super over will take some beating for golden moment

cant see it affecting stokes chances of spoty though.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 21 Jul 19 21:51
rugby world cup might have its moments....
By:
Meat Loaf
When: 28 Jul 19 20:11
Will Ben Stokes make the shortlist of 6? Seems extremely short with the Ashes still to come
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 30 Jul 19 20:48
ashes and world cup rugby to follow, difficult to see 6 bettering him winning the world cup...!

even if we lose the ashes he won the world cup,

maybe if wales ( or scotland) win rugby world cup a candidate to rival him will emerge
By:
mafeking
When: 31 Jul 19 12:53
it's a very weak year so far. other than england winning the world cup hardly any notable achievements in british sport. might struggle to find 6 strong contenders to fill out the short list
By:
CLYDEBANK29
When: 17 Aug 19 22:36
What has Frankie Dettori done this year?
By:
timbuctooth
When: 17 Aug 19 23:51
Frightened the life out of those poor bookie chaps
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 18 Aug 19 16:20
stokes adding to his highlites reel
By:
CLYDEBANK29
When: 18 Aug 19 19:16
apart from that tim?  Any milestone or did he win the Derby or anything?
By:
timbuctooth
When: 19 Aug 19 05:53
No CB, no Derby, nor even an exceptional year in any way. He won four on the trot on Ladies Day recently, leading to the bookies refusing accumulators on him the next day and loads of publicity but, apart from that, nothing. If he was on the shortlist, he`s getting to the point where the odd voter might support him in recognition of his career, but there`s zero chance he`ll be shortlisted. Very easy max red.
By:
Meat Loaf
When: 23 Aug 19 21:10
Do we know if the BBC are sticking with just 6 nominations again (with at least two having to be female)?
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 25 Aug 19 17:17
well well , stokes at it again
By:
Jim Duncan
When: 25 Aug 19 18:06
took a chance, rode his luck, delivered...again!
By:
VardonVoo.
When: 26 Aug 19 13:42

Aug 23, 2019 -- 9:10PM, Meat Loaf wrote:

Do we know if the BBC are sticking with just 6 nominations again (with at least two having to be female)?

Minimum of two even if no females have been outstanding that year? #Equality over quality

What I'm wondering is if both Stokes and Archer are seen as key reasons for winning the Ashes (if England do go on to win, of course), would they load up with two cricketers in a field of only six, with therefore only two other male sportsmen?

Does anyone remember off-hand what Freddie Flintoff's odds were on SPOTY after the 2005 Ashes win?
I think Andy Murray may have been as short as 1.05 when he won Wimbledon the first time, but that's probably a bookie price.
It's a shame we haven't kept a thread going of historical SPOTY prices after the clinching event then shortly before the night of the award itself.

By:
mafeking
When: 26 Aug 19 21:05
murray might even have been 1.03 straight after winning wimbledon for the first time

who else is even vaguely in the frame at the moment ? not much else of note this year so far. couldn't say with any certainty anyone but stokes will even make the shortlist at this stage. hamilton maybe but almost a given he wins the championship every year at the moment
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 26 Aug 19 22:57
stokes, archer, rory mcilroy, lewis hamilton?

rugby world cup and athletics world championships
yet to happen. us open tennis in play. ashes not finnished yet!
By:
mafeking
When: 26 Aug 19 23:31
dina asher smith might be in the frame if she wins the 100 or 200 at world championship but although a likely medallist don't think she's the favourite for either and she'll have more chance next year with it being the olympics

england, wales and ireland with some northern irish players all have live chances in the rugby world cup but one of them would surely have to win it to give stokes a run for his money. it's not like 2003 when england were obvious favourites from a fair way out and the likes jonny wilkinson and martin johnson were well known. doubt any of the players from those 3 sides register much on a national level to the average voter yet although that could change obviously
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 26 Aug 19 23:34
welsh rugby is huge in wales, ....

somebody like george north would get huge backing
By:
mafeking
When: 26 Aug 19 23:49
i don't doubt that but england is what 15 times bigger than wales and stokes already has a world cup in his pocket
By:
VardonVoo.
When: 27 Aug 19 01:26
So can anyone remember the prices of any of the previous year's strong favourites immediately after their defining event and then months later? No guesses. I really can't imagine BF being 1.03 for Murray after Wimbledon if bookies were quoting higher. I thought maybe 1.10 to 1.2 perhaps? Some of you made or lost money so a few of you should be able to recall, like when Bez won CBB everyone remembers Kenzie being 1.14 on the night and Bez being 14:1 (but that was a surprise win, to be fair). Flintoff's odds haven't turned up in any Google searches so far - it's like a conspiracy!
By:
timbuctooth
When: 27 Aug 19 03:38
This is all I know;

2012 Wiggins was 6/4 directly after the Tour
2013 Murray 1.05 a few days before SPOTY
2014 Hamilton still 11/4 days after winning title, Rory having hit at least 1.13
2015 Murray 3.35 the morning after winning the Davis Cup
2016 Murray 7/4 a few weeks after Wimbledon
2017 Farah 10 after winning 10,000, 20+ after second in 5,000 (Some shrewdie getting 330 an hour before SPOTY show was quoted by bf in their ads the next day!)
2018 Thomas 3/1 the day after the Tour
By:
timbuctooth
When: 27 Aug 19 04:21
No, I know more;

Losing matched prices

1.09 Rory, (and 1.1 during the show!)

1.58 Jess
3.0 Hamilton
4.0 Froome
4.x McCoy
5.7 Fury
6.0 Sinfield
7.8 Farah

3.0 Vardy
3.05 Alastair Brownlee
3.05 Farah
4.8 Bale
4.4 AJ
5.4 Jess
6.0 Trott
6.4 Whitlock
7.0 Jason Kenny
6.2 Willett
8.6 Nick Skelton
9.6 Hamilton

1.1 AJ (350k at 1.15 or lower and 76k gubbed at 1.01 Top 3)
4.0 Konta
4.0 Murray
5.5 Farah
5.9 Defoe
6.4 Ben Ainslie
6.8 Hamilton
7.6 Laura Muir
8.2 Froome
9.6 Rose

1.01 Kane (6k)
3.15 AJ
4.0 Hamilton
4.9 Fury
5.6 Taylor
5.6 Asher Smith
6.0 Pickford
6.2 Ronnie
9.0 Cook
9.2 Yarnold
9.2 Elise Christie

Any more evidence needed to show that laying everything that moves, in every Specials market, is the easiest game to play on bf?

(All prices and info copyright ahorsewithnoname)
By:
Jim Duncan
When: 27 Aug 19 11:46
2014 1.09 Rory, (and 1.1 during the show!) - correct Tim, I had 1.09 matched on Rory after he won the USPGA.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 27 Aug 19 11:53
darren clark was short when he got gubbed

but giggsy, famously, was 249/1

zara phillips was a decent price on the night
By:
VardonVoo.
When: 27 Aug 19 16:12
Great stuff guys! That list of losers is a real eye-opener.

Zara Phillips was a total surprise to most normal sport-loving blokes.
Mo Farah I got 80-1 on so that was a good year.
Giggs messed me up - I couldn't comprehend that one at all.
Chris Hoy did me well, I seem to recall.

We still don't have Murray's odds soon after Wimbledon 2013 and
Freddie Flintoff's 2005 odds journey remains particularly elusive, his being the most comparable to Stokes,
though I don't recall how strong his year was. This year seems pretty weak so far.
By:
Asparagus Man
When: 28 Aug 19 10:03
Flintoff was not backable on the night in 2005 - I don't recall how his odds shortened through the Ashes. I think Ellen MacArthur was favourite at one point this year pre Ashes, or even during.
By:
Jim Duncan
When: 28 Aug 19 12:12
Jenson Button was short odd-on in 2009 - about 1.50?
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 08 Sep 19 00:29
in a poor year......

Britain's Jamie Murray won a US Open title for the fourth successive year with a straight-sets triumph in the mixed doubles alongside American Bethanie Mattek-Sands.

The pair defended their title with a 6-2 6-3 win over top seeds Chan Hao-ching and Michael Venus.

Scot Murray, 33, also made history by becoming the first man in the Open era to win three successive mixed titles at Flushing Meadows.

It is his seventh Grand Slam victory.

"We played amazing, the whole two weeks," Murray said at the trophy presentation. "We've had so much fun on the court. I'm really, really, really happy to win again."
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com