Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
timbuctooth
28 May 19 18:27
| Topic/replies: 19,705 | Blogger: timbuctooth's blog
If a useless magician can steal victory by wheeling on an old soldier, why can`t an actual old soldier win on his own merit?

Picture the scene;
Our War Hero`s belting out `We`ll Meet Again`, accompanied by a real Military band, and is joined on stage by every other Chelsea Pensioner, (many in wheelchairs), as epic shots of other war heroes `going over the top` is played out on massive backscreens behind him! Cue a nation of voters in tears, who then break the internet in a gloriously patriotic surge to reward this wonderful war hero. And what could be more fitting than him singing to his Queen in the RVS? Cowell would wet himself at such a prospect!

Had hoped my first winning train would be a bigger price; got a bit at 30 last week but just been matched at 25, so that`ll have to do.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 74
By:
bearcub
When: 28 May 19 18:33
I thought this was a Jot apptreciation thread Sad
By:
timbuctooth
When: 28 May 19 18:45
And I thought I had my quickest ever passenger!
By:
hemsby
When: 28 May 19 18:47
I’m still trying to work out who you’ve backed Sad
By:
bearcub
When: 28 May 19 18:48
You havn't even said who you've backed Sad
By:
bearcub
CryCryCryCry
By:
hemsby
Cool
By:
timbuctooth
When: 28 May 19 18:59
Oh FFS, how embarrassing! My first winning train is somewhat despoiled already but, in years to come, I shall simply block that bit out of my reminiscing, remembering only that glorious day when war hero COLIN THACKERY romped BGT
By:
hemsby
When: 28 May 19 19:03
Grin ... I haven’t backed him but I see no reason why not given the lack of talent this year. His “story” is arguably just as good as the dog.
By:
mach
When: 28 May 19 21:01
If he gets production backing there is no reason he can't win.
By:
timbuctooth
When: 28 May 19 23:17
With an LPM of 12.5, mach KNOWS!
By:
mach
When: 29 May 19 12:38
call me Manuel
By:
timbuctooth
When: 29 May 19 19:32
Here we go, big moment coming up; we`ll know our fate as soon as we hear what he`s singing and how much production help TPTB have given him. Win tonight, though, and he`s fav.
By:
hemsby
When: 29 May 19 19:50
Fully on board now
By:
timbuctooth
When: 29 May 19 19:51
Could hardly have gone better! Also, nice to see Cowell checks out my production ideas
By:
timbuctooth
When: 29 May 19 19:52
Yo, Hemsby! Great to have you on board!
By:
timbuctooth
When: 29 May 19 19:53
6.2 matched!
By:
timbuctooth
When: 29 May 19 20:17
5.5!!!
By:
timbuctooth
When: 29 May 19 20:31
5.0, as the market realises he`s the true fav
By:
Henry VIII
When: 29 May 19 21:04
brilliant tim. only boarded in play tonight but i guess better late than never.
By:
timbuctooth
When: 29 May 19 21:15
Thrilled, Henry, as yet ANOTHER shrewdie boards the train! Rarely have so many of them on one of my trains, good job I reserved First Class for them, as it`ll be full soon!
And OUR WAR HERO hits 3.0 immediately on unsuspension, still too big, so probably a trader laying it to lock in profits, TOO EARLY!!!, as this train`s en route to WINNERSVILLE!!!
By:
five leaves left
When: 29 May 19 21:19
Jumped aboard tonight too. My only bet in the OR. Great shout tim
By:
Henry VIII
When: 29 May 19 21:19
i can't remember a crowd reaction like that ever. dog is strong but too staged when compared to a chelsea pensioner singing his heart out ("war hero" lol)
By:
timbuctooth
When: 29 May 19 21:35
Wow, fll as well! With chunks having been matched at 2.5, I`m afraid First Class is now full. I do hope tonight`s boarders got cheap tickets but, come the final, EVERY ticket will seem cheap!
By:
timbuctooth
When: 29 May 19 21:37
And yes, Henry, unreal crowd reaction. THIS IS ALL OVER!
By:
CLYDEBANK29
When: 30 May 19 09:37
You might have finally started a winning train tim!  At 88 he's too young to have fought in WW2Shocked  Might not be a war hero, but he's representing that generation with humility, dignity and class.
By:
CLYDEBANK29
When: 30 May 19 10:04
The morning after is often the worst time to bet someone in this.  Old people have a terrible record in RTV, he could get a poor draw so after thinking this morning about going round the shops I've decided against taking the 6/4, but he does feel the obvious fave.
By:
Lifter
When: 30 May 19 11:26
Tried to get a cheap ticket and missed the train altogether - oops! I missed/forgot last about last night's show, but sounds like he got the production needed. In a year with 0 talent, he looks a worthy fav. Nice one Tim!
By:
Henry VIII
When: 30 May 19 12:53
I remember a singing granny and they changed the beginning bit of her music for her song in the final, which threw her off track. Nasty but typical Cowell. I see no reason at all for them to do it with Colin, I think he'd be good for brand, but it's worth mentioning.
By:
timbuctooth
When: 30 May 19 17:40
Thanks, Lifter.
Too young to be a WAR HERO, CB? Might I respectfully suggest you`re forgetting that we are in the SYCO world, where reality matters not a jot, where style and presentation negate the need for anything as pesky as facts or truth? Richard won in large part due to his uniform, but there are untold ordinary soldiers, no big deal. A Chelsea Pensioner, on the other hand, is a very rare breed, and they in their red uniforms are the very image of a WAR HERO for the GBP, the perfect, living, physical embodiment of all things patriotic and good about their proud nation.

The only hope layers have is the stitch-up, but how likely are TPTB to publicly humiliate the nation`s favourite WAR HERO on Saturday night prime time live tv? They can`t give him less production, they can`t be seen to deramp him with their comments, they`re obliged to repeat last night`s unusually long SO and gushing praise. Walliams even called him as the winner, already!
No, all in all, OUR WAR HERO ROMPS this!!!
By:
Henry VIII
When: 30 May 19 17:45
Amanda called him as the winner too.
https://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/britains-got-talent/404091-amanda-holden-reckons-colin-thackery-will-win-britains-got-talent-2019.html
By:
bearcub
When: 30 May 19 17:45
Finn has seen more active duty than Colin Plain
By:
timbuctooth
When: 30 May 19 20:28
And, WHOOOOOOSSSSSHHHH, odds-on arrived at, with 1.9 being matched
By:
hemsby
When: 30 May 19 20:35
Nothing on tonight’s show to worry about for sure.
By:
timbuctooth
When: 30 May 19 20:47
White Cliffs of Dover tomorrow? Or a medley of Rule Britannia/Land of Hope and Glory?
By:
Henry VIII
When: 30 May 19 21:10
Saturday you mean Tim. But I understand your eagerness.
By:
bearcub
When: 30 May 19 21:11
Or even Sunday
By:
Henry VIII
When: 30 May 19 21:13
Sunday you mean Henry
By:
Henry VIII
When: 30 May 19 21:14
Cry