Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Ghetto Joe
08 Oct 18 20:29
| Topic/replies: 1,479 | Blogger: Ghetto Joe's blog
Is this a new low for BB or were previous years as bad?
Pause Switch to Standard View Day 25 and only £76K matched on BB :(
Show More
Report mach October 8, 2018 7:35 PM BST
new low
Report bearcub October 8, 2018 7:35 PM BST
Report scampi October 9, 2018 2:29 AM BST
The Halcyon Days of Reality TV Show Betting Liquidity peaked about 10 years ago unfortunately (especially for Big Brother - there used to be 100's of pounds either side of the spread back then ).

From Google>

hal·cy·on
ˈhalsēən/
adjective
adjective: halcyon

denoting a period of time in the past that was idyllically happy and full of liquidity.
    "the halcyon days of the mid-2000s, when profits were soaring for the Shrewdies on Betfair"
    synonyms:    happy, golden, idyllic, carefree, blissful, joyful, joyous, contented; More
Report scampi October 9, 2018 3:07 AM BST
At a guess, for Big Brother, I'd say liquidity was 10 times more about 6 years ago and 20 times more about 12 years ago (I think Premium Charge accounts for most of the liquidity dissapearing). I can remember approx. £500 either side of the spread on the Favourite in Big Brother 8 (year 2007).
Report timbuctooth October 9, 2018 5:12 AM BST
Liquidity, or lack thereof, is a double edged sword, at least for traders. The more liquidity, the closer the spread, which is fine if you`re happy having chunks on, nicking one or two ticks per trade. A relative lack of liquidity means far wider spreads and more (short-term, at least) volatility, making it much easier to close (smaller) trades at half/double the price, often after only a few minutes. I`m in the latter camp, knowing my M/O wouldn`t work at all, if there was great liquidity.
Report armagnac October 9, 2018 10:15 AM BST
me me me
Report timbuctooth October 9, 2018 2:44 PM BST
Bit harsh!
Report armagnac October 9, 2018 3:09 PM BST
GrinLove
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com