Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
hemsby
01 Oct 18 10:50
| Topic/replies: 951 | Blogger: hemsby's blog
Danny John-Jules to win Strictly , current price 12-12.5 on Betfair.

Dancing to a track from The Greatest Showman this weekend so sounds promising.Now is the time to get on as current false favourite Joe is likely to drift as he’s burned up his two most suitable dances already.

The last time I was this confident was when I fancied Rosemary Conley to win DOI.

Choo Choo !!! Cool
Pause Switch to Standard View *** Jules for the Glitterball Crown***
Show More
Report bearcub October 1, 2018 9:53 AM BST
Cry
Report bearcub October 1, 2018 9:56 AM BST
Kenny gonna have a sh1t Christmas Sad
Report armagnac October 1, 2018 9:58 AM BST
oh a hems train, how could i resist Mischief suppose i better start watching now ive got two greens
Report hemsby October 1, 2018 1:20 PM BST
You’ll only need this one green army Cool

He’s 58 years old but as fit as a butcher’s dog.Not a “trained dancer” in the sense that he didn’t attend one of the usual Sylvia Young/ Italia Conti type schools,however he’s very experienced in dance having performed as a backing dancer in his early career and in many stage productions before becoming better known for TV roles such as Cat in Red Dwarf and Dwayne Myers in Death In Paradise.Arguably he’s one of the more well known contestants taking part this year,particularly with the age of the average viewer.

Positives are excellent SM scores from the first two weeks,a high level of competence and the advantage of completing two of the most difficult (and dangerous for elimination ) dances in the CCC and Foxtrot.He simply looks like a dancer,has great poise and posture and a fluidity of movement.

His partner Amy is a delight and the choreography of the first couple of dances has been good.What needs to evolve now is a chemistry between the pair of them that viewers can buy in to.

The worries are that he is very much his own man and he’s not afraid to speak his mind on issues.Hioefully he can rein in any confrontational issues over the course of the show.As of yet there hasn’t been much “ringer” accusation thrown at him although this may change....for some reason the men seem to get an easier time of this than the women.

All in all current prices look too big IMO and the 3/1 for Top Male is more than generous given the doubts mentioned earlier over Joe.
Report J.O.TOBIN. October 1, 2018 1:58 PM BST
Must admit when I first read the opening post my thoughts were surely top male is a better option, so took 10/3 as it was.
To be top male Danny has to get past 2 main competitors (unless theres an improver lurking) which is doubtful.
Charles is also a decent dancer but theres nothing to suggest he has a level of support, for me he will quickly fall into the bottom 2 I had him 3rd/4th bottom yesterday, so more than happy to have him top male and outright loser.
Joe has obviously been smashing SM and is helping to bring a new generation of younger people to the show, which is why they asked him. But an 8% tail off in his SM scores week1 to 2, says that his initial impetus will wain and in weeks 7 and over with no crowd pleasers left to perform things will get difficult for him.
Whilst I think Joe is fav, him and Danny should be closer in the odds.

Not so keen on the outright, If Ashley and Faye have ringer labels so to some extent does Danny. Personally think it hurts Ashley more than the others but the label is still there.
His SM scores have been decent moreso Twitter a lot of that is attributable to his high Twitter profile and incessant tweeting, (I stopped following after two arduous days) so a bit wary of that measure.
On the plus side as a good dancer a bottom 2 save is very likely so he will go deep into this competition, just don't see him as a winner ATM
Report bearcub October 1, 2018 2:40 PM BST
#OlderPeoplesDay is trending on twitter and Jot is running down Jules Sad

#Nosolidarity
Report J.O.TOBIN. October 1, 2018 3:14 PM BST
Sad
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 2, 2018 4:00 PM BST
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/3248772/Red-Dwarf-actor-Danny-John-Jules-could-be-jailed-over-bin-attack.html

Doesn't help but a decent dancer to be fair.  Not the winner for me though.
Report mach October 2, 2018 4:08 PM BST
Get my tin hat!
Report bearcub October 2, 2018 4:37 PM BST

Oct 2, 2018 -- 5:00PM, LOU MACARIS TARTAN B wrote:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/3248772/Red-Dwarf-actor-Danny-John-Jules-could-be-jailed-over-bin-attack.htmlDoesn't help but a decent dancer to be fair.  Not the winner for me though.

An article from 2008

CryCryCry

Report hemsby October 2, 2018 4:44 PM BST
Hi Lou

Hope you are well and good to see you posting again Cool
Report bearcub October 2, 2018 4:45 PM BST
Cry
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 2, 2018 4:51 PM BST
Hi Hemsby

Just watching from afar.

Your guy seemed too good right away I thought so obviously has some dance background and remarkable for his age he can really move.

Comes across a bit flash for me though.  In it up until the last three or four weeks I'd say.
Report hemsby October 2, 2018 4:51 PM BST
I’m displaying all the qualities which make me FOTY Blush
Report hemsby October 2, 2018 4:53 PM BST
Yep....the usual routine Lou of a handful of contestants having some previous dance experience and a few genuine beginners.

Looks quite open this year and difficult to tell the winner ATM.

I’m hoping for a good week for Danny and expecting his price to contract after the weekend.He dances a Paso to The Greatest Show.Sounds ideal for him.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 2, 2018 4:59 PM BST
Yes I take your point.  Ashleigh, Faye look good too but we all knew that at the start.

Felt sorry for Lee (I'm large Red but like to see fair play as you know) that he was B2.  Thought he did really well on Saturday.

I'm large Red Danny too so hope he doesn't stick around too long.  Sorry mate!
Report hemsby October 2, 2018 5:02 PM BST
Grin

No hard feelings.

Good luck with your bets during the series Lou (except the Danny one of course)
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 2, 2018 5:03 PM BST
Yes fair enough and the same to you. (except ...................!
Report Henry VIII October 6, 2018 11:25 PM BST
good to see you back lou.
Report hemsby October 7, 2018 8:27 AM BST
I think you may be about to get the better of me on this one Lou Sad

Disappointing from Danny last night after getting the pimp slot as anticipated.Tbf the singing didn’t help however the routine was pretty tame and there’s still the issue of Danny’s upper body appearing quite stiff.

Haven’t given up hope but needs a “breakthrough” week to happen soon.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 7, 2018 8:31 AM BST
hems

Thought he did ok to be fair, yes we were maybe all expecting a big finish with him going on last but still think he was pretty decent.  Like I said I want him out but being totally unbiased I'd say he's some sort of runner and around for a good few weeks yet.

Stacey upped her game and in with a real shout.  Thought Joe was very average after two good weeks.  I'm nice green on both, specifically Joe so hope he improves a bit next week.
Report hemsby October 23, 2018 9:01 AM BST
Breakthrough week finally arrived with a terrific Jive and the first 10 of the series Cool

Judges all very positive about his long term prospects and some new life breathed into his OR chances.

He’s easily the best dancer amongst the males this year and his partnership with Amy is beginning to flourish.Amy’s joy in having a partner who is competent is lovely to see.

No profit on this train unfortunately ATM as the price still hovers slightly over the original mark,but we’re back in contention for a future profit after a worrying couple of weeks.

Choo Choo !!! Cool
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 23, 2018 9:31 AM BST
Yes he was very good no doubt about that.  I'd worry about his age keeping up but if anything he comes across like a thirty year old and has the look and way of a Sammy Davis Jnr about him.

Always honest I want him out as I'm large Red but let's be fair here he was terrific and a real runner now so don't know why his price still so high.
Report armagnac October 23, 2018 10:23 AM BST
price is high due to age, that is it
remains fit, he makes final
Report hemsby October 25, 2018 1:34 PM BST
AS to Spirit In The Sky for our hero this week.

Worth checking out the best comments section in the following articles.....I’ve a feeling DJJ’s popularity is being underestimated.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6314003/Strictly-Come-Dancing-Danny-John-Jules-reveals-COLLAPSED-rehearsals.html#comments

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6298489/Strictly-Come-Dancing-Danny-John-Jules-Amy-Dowden-score-TEN-series.html#comments
Report armagnac October 25, 2018 1:48 PM BST
hes a bbc red dwarf icon, ofc its underestimated Cool
Report hemsby October 30, 2018 7:21 PM GMT
Safely through last week despite Amy suffering an injury midweek and rehearsal time reduced as a consequence.

Quickstep this week to the Pharrell track Freedom.

On paper this looks a good song and a dance which should suit Danny’s fleet of foot style.Hoping to see our man drop into single figures if impressive,especially as it may be a tough week for market leader Stacey given her rib injury.
Report hemsby November 4, 2018 8:55 AM GMT
Well that went well Cry

Complete balls up from Danny turning what looked a promising routine into a disaster.

The positives though were the judges comments which seemed genuinely sympathetic / encouraging and the fact that he avoided the dance off despite being last on the LB and there being no ties.

We now therefore know he has a degree of public support and the prods/judges seem invested in him.Tbh Stacey looks a very difficult opponent to beat at this stage but RTV is a funny old game and sometimes things don’t work out as anticipated.

Fingers crossed we get a “comeback kid” narrative for Danny this week.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 4, 2018 9:59 AM GMT
Yes hems it just shows you that he must be getting some decent votes to get him through.  He is a very good dancer though like the main two girls he does have experience and IMO he's not overly likeable in the same way say a Graemme, Stacey, Joe etc would be.

Could make the final 4 and could maybe win it but at the moment all things considered he just falls short I think.
Report hemsby November 6, 2018 10:59 AM GMT
Rumba for Danny this week which is notorious for being a difficult dance for the celebs,especially the males.

I’ve taken out a small insurance by backing him for Elimination at 20/1 although I hope (and expect) him to have enough in the locker to get through unscathed.

If he does make it through to Blackpool week he will have a plethora of suitable dances left to choose from.Samba,Salsa and Couples Choice all look to be good genres for him whilst Charleston is perhaps the dance where he can really shine.

Fingers crossed for a safe passage this weekend although prudent to take Elim cover I feel.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 6, 2018 11:26 AM GMT
hems

Again I have to be totally fair even though it isn't the result I want but I think this dance will be ok for him.  Where he's so slight, almost femininly built I think he can wiggle his hips better than someone like say a Charles or Graemme so without having seen him do it yet of course I think he'll go nicely through to next week so good luck to you.
Report THEMONEYSHOT November 6, 2018 12:29 PM GMT
I believe he is good for another few weeks but then comes up against either Faye or Ashley in a dance-off and he hasn't got enough to beat either imo.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 6, 2018 2:27 PM GMT
Mind you if he gets Joe in a dance off, judges obviously pick the best dancer then there's very little in it so Joe could go out.
Report hemsby November 6, 2018 2:56 PM GMT
Danny not doing Rumba after all...

Danny and Amy Samba to 'Feels Like Home' by Sigala, Fuse ODG, Sean Paul, Kent Jones

Joe also doing Samba this week,will be interesting to see how they compare.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 6, 2018 3:02 PM GMT
Yes you see of them both there I'd tend to think Danny perhaps the better of the two.  I'm happy enough if they both go through I suppose ............ but specially Joe!
Report THEMONEYSHOT November 7, 2018 3:38 PM GMT

Nov 6, 2018 -- 3:27PM, LOU MACARIS TARTAN B wrote:

Mind you if he gets Joe in a dance off, judges obviously pick the best dancer then there's very little in it so Joe could go out.

I reckon Joe is smashing it in terms of the public vote(top 2 PV in every show imo) purely on the basis of his existing 'Suggites' and the new fans he has gained from the show itself. This makes him very, very dangerous if he makes the final. Remember in the event of a tie it is the public vote that takes precedent, this could be crucial in the later rounds when he is up against better dancers' who will most likely dominate the top of the judges voting leaderboard.

With regards to his dancing ability I am obviously gonna delegate that opinion to the judges and they seem to like him, Dianne also is one of the popular pro's. As a layman Danny looks the better dancer than Joe to me but there ain't a lot in it, PV on the other hand, as already mentioned, Joe is way ahead imo.

Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 7, 2018 3:51 PM GMT
Moneyshot

Yes I take your point but you saying Joe is 'smashing it' is just you guessing.  I've said before, yes he has gone nicely through every week without being B2 ............... but so have Ashley, Faye, Stacey, Danny and Lauren.

Who actually knows how well Joe is doing for public votes?
Report THEMONEYSHOT November 7, 2018 4:06 PM GMT
"Who actually knows how well Joe is doing for public votes?"

I do, Martin told me. Cool
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 7, 2018 4:23 PM GMT
Sorry don't get it?
Report THEMONEYSHOT November 9, 2018 12:07 AM GMT
Courtesy of that red top rag The Sun:

STRICTLY celebrity Danny John-Jules has been given a final warning by show bosses for “bullying” partner Amy Dowden.

Sources said the Red Dwarf actor, 58, has left Amy Dowden in tears during training — at one point angrily telling her: “I’m the star, not you.”

This week Amy, 27, stormed out and told BBC bosses she’d had enough. A source said: “Danny swears and shouts at Amy a lot. She’s in bits.” After fleeing to a cafe, she rang producers to say she did not know if she could continue.

It came after sources said the 58-year-old celebrity left her in tears by swearing and shouting at her during training sessions.

“He also makes a lot of snide comments about him being ­famous and her not.

“Things have been bubbling away for a while and it all came to a head on Wednesday.”

The insider added: “Amy is so patient and sweet. It’s her dream being on the show. Quite frankly, everyone on Strictly wants Danny to go.”

Danny sounds like a bit of a to$$er.
Report hemsby November 9, 2018 5:48 AM GMT
Awful headlines for Danny ...story is also in The Star & Mirror.

No idea if there’s any truth in it but I guess that doesn’t really matter as he will no doubt be losing votes as a result.

Will be interesting to see the response today from Amy and the show.
Report armagnac November 9, 2018 10:26 AM GMT
he doesn't just have an air of arrogance about him, its more like a hurricane.
i think his cat character probably went to his head along time ago
looks a true story to me, no longer my hero if he cant be humble
Report ditchbert November 9, 2018 12:16 PM GMT
No glitter ball for him this year that's for sure.
Report scampi November 9, 2018 2:08 PM GMT
Surely if it wasn't true he could sue them for libel?
Report hemsby November 10, 2018 11:08 PM GMT
You got me Lou Wink

Brutal takedown of Danny tonight,real textbook stuff.

Apologies to anyone who backed him Sad.....not my finest hour.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 10, 2018 11:18 PM GMT
Yer sorry for you hems.

You know me I like to see the better dancers go through and IMO I'd have him as one of the best 4 or 5 so how does he finish 9th?

Obvioulsy that said he was perceived as having dance experience in the past, wasn't overly likeable and of course his much talked about row with his partner could only go against him.

I'm happy all things happy that he's out but if it were up to me he'd still be in it.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com