Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Cider
23 Sep 18 11:07
| Topic/replies: 39,873 | Blogger: Cider's blog
In an open year, 16/1 OR and 9/2 TM on Ranj looks decent to me.
Ranj carries significant popularity coming into the show, with the proven track record of runners from daytime telly.
Ranj to me looks like he has enough ability, obviously getting a SO from the head judge was slightly OTT but she did point out his technical prowess. 
Campy/mincey runners also have a good track record on this show being popular with the audience.
The market expects a female, but what better story for the BBC is there than a working British Asian NHS doctor taking home the glitterball.
Slight negative that it may get tricky managing his day job with the demands of SCD deeper into the comp, but after the first show Ranj is the standout at the prevailing prices for me.
Pause Switch to Standard View Ride with Ranj our Dancing Doctor to...
Show More
Report armagnac September 23, 2018 10:22 AM BST
you starting a train has already sold me, cant recall this happening for a long time if ever.
i was watching Ranj talk with phil and holly last week, phil had seen Ranj training and was very upbeat about him so i nearly had a bet on the back of that at 40's and the fact he's hugely popular with the daytime crowd as you say but didn't bother so feeling a bit sick now.
ticks a lot of boxes and can dance so im on board
Report five leaves left September 23, 2018 10:27 AM BST
Very much on board cider. Having watched again, not only was it one of the most enjoyable dances of the night, but he also looks good technically very good to my untrained eye too.
One of the most popular on twitter last night. Only Joe & Stacey ahead of him. Yes OTT from the bonkers Shirley. However 7's look reasonable to me.
On the DS thread the marks ranged from 5-8
I couldn't stand the original mincy, Chris Hollins, until his Charleston and the Star leak Grin Ranj I actually rather like
Report Cider September 23, 2018 10:34 AM BST
Welcome aboard chaps!
Some promising comments in the yt upload.
.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHitOe-enxA
Report armagnac September 23, 2018 10:44 AM BST
great comments and the good thing with the Doc is you can only see him getting better and better the further the comp goes Cool
Report hemsby September 23, 2018 11:16 AM BST
Good luck chaps.

Love the NHS angle and SM very positive for him last night.

Quality of performance very subjective,but IMO he was very ordinary last night and the scoring and comments from the judges was way OTT.Will have to improve dramatically in dance quality to contend.
Report Junction25 September 23, 2018 6:27 PM BST
I am sorry just cant see him winning -will he be able to take time off work (NHS) and TV commitments to do the SCD tour ?
Has BBC already ticked the boxes of a winner
Black Male-Yes-Ore
Gay -Yes -Joe

Wish you luck guys
Report mach September 23, 2018 7:47 PM BST
I could be fairly sure that he will outlast his dancing ability, I think he is a good fit for the voters.
Report Cider September 23, 2018 8:16 PM BST
Incredibly unlikely Ranj will be able to tour, Junction. I don't feel the bbc/producers show use box ticking to decide which runners to support, but it's fair to say there's often a pc agenda. Not to be confused with BGT or XF for example, where box ticking is used.
Report Cider September 23, 2018 8:20 PM BST
I feel the positivity of having an active NHS doctor winning would far outweigh any negativity of not being able to tour. It would be a worldwide story, and obviously unique to the brand.
Report Cider September 30, 2018 12:30 PM BST
Another crowd pleaser for Ranj yesterday Cool

For some reason the exchange is not keen on his chances, being pushed out to a similar price to Lee and Graeme which is ridiculous. I keep topping up on the drift.

In the short term, Ranj will need to prove he can reach a good level in a more serious/ballroom affair. He also needs more technical content, which is fine by me as that creates progress/storyline.
Report Cider October 6, 2018 8:44 PM BST
In the short term, Ranj will need to prove he can reach a good level in a more serious/ballroom affair.

Well, he can't BlushCryLaugh
Report five leaves left October 6, 2018 8:47 PM BST
I've bailed Blush
Report Cider October 6, 2018 9:09 PM BST
Bit of a fire sale. His br is not going to be good enough though, sadly.
Report armagnac October 7, 2018 10:49 AM BST
never mind cider Sad he was a good pick for the reasons you stated, the foooker just cant dance Grin
Report Cider October 7, 2018 11:31 AM BST
Week one was more than good enough I thought. Shirley was right though, out of hold he's good and sells the dance but the in hold stuff was poor yesterday and it was slow to boot.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 14, 2018 12:25 AM BST
Through again but on borrowed time.  Large green for me but looks like wasted money.  The winner? .......... No he's not.
Report Cider October 14, 2018 12:41 AM BST
On tonight's form he's good enough. He has moments of excellent quality. It's just that last week's abomination happened Cry
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 14, 2018 8:33 AM BST
Cider

Yes don't get me wrong I think he's not bad at all but then they all are so too many here better than him so whilst he comes across so lovely, has that wonderful smile and he really has a go I think ultimately the better dancers (and almost all of them are) will see him off.  I hope I'm wrong but being honest he's got another two or three weeks for me.
Report Cider October 14, 2018 9:27 AM BST
The door is wide open this year for a runner to become the 'public' favourite. Ranj could fill this vacancy, especially if he's still around after Sean(n) and Graeme have departed the scene. He can't afford another QS style disaster though, and needs an iconic dance, Mincey style Cool
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 14, 2018 10:43 AM BST
I really hope so Cider so fingers crossed but .............
Report armagnac October 14, 2018 11:18 AM BST
with no standout this year anything is possible, one amazing dance next week and he's back in the mix
Report Cider October 27, 2018 11:02 PM BST
Teflon Ranj strikes again LoveCool
Report Junction25 October 27, 2018 11:16 PM BST
Laugh not long before he goes !! target before Blackpool he will be toast
Report Cider October 27, 2018 11:28 PM BST
This is strictly fun now J25 Grin I had actually backed Ranj before the show to be eliminated, but laid off ir. Graeme would have been a great win, but lost a 50/50 dance off Sad
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 28, 2018 1:34 PM GMT
Yes really hanging on now.  Obviously very popular and he comes across very likeable but the very best he can do is another couple of weeks realistically.

Shame as I'm nicely Green on him but he's far from good enough.
Report Henry VIII October 29, 2018 8:07 AM GMT
Lou it's a dance competition remember Wink
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 29, 2018 8:08 AM GMT
Exactly Henry, how much longer can that smile keep him in it.  Days very much numbered.
Report Henry VIII October 29, 2018 8:09 AM GMT
So maybe lay off your green.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 29, 2018 8:13 AM GMT
I'm trying to but I'm offering 100/1 and no one wants it have a look!  I'm £3232 Green on him but it's dead money I'm afraid.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 29, 2018 8:13 AM GMT
I'm trying to but I'm offering 100/1 and no one wants it have a look!  I'm £3232 Green on him but it's dead money I'm afraid.
Report Cider October 29, 2018 9:45 AM GMT
You've got to have faith.
Report five leaves left October 29, 2018 10:52 AM GMT
Making him dance the jive in a huge pair of hairy slippers makes me think they're worried about his vote Grin
Report five leaves left October 29, 2018 11:04 AM GMT

Oct 29, 2018 -- 10:13AM, LOU MACARIS TARTAN B wrote:

I'm trying to but I'm offering 100/1 and no one wants it have a look!

Report five leaves left October 29, 2018 11:05 AM GMT
oops, quote didn't appear. Lay the 400 if it's dead money
Report Cider October 29, 2018 11:56 AM GMT

Oct 29, 2018 -- 12:52PM, five leaves left wrote:

Making him dance the jive in a huge pair of hairy slippers makes me think they're worried about his vote

Sabotage! Must have been a genuine nightmare wearing all that crap. First time he has looked less than happy. Surprised none of them called him the rug doctor.

Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 29, 2018 2:05 PM GMT
Fig

Laying 400 is a bit high though I begrudge laying it when I backed him at 36/1 myself!

True though I suppose it would be better than nothing.
Report hemsby November 4, 2018 8:58 AM GMT
UL Cider Sad

My nemesis this series.

Couldn’t get him right having backed him for elimination most weeks and then seeing him lose to Charles in the dance off when Charles leaving would have been a really nice pick up.

A good value contestant though and entertaining to watch.
Report Cider November 4, 2018 9:27 AM GMT
Cheers hems. He's gone out on one of his best dances which is pretty rare for a back number. Obviously his chances of winning were written off a long time ago but he became one of my favourite SCD contestants! Indefatigable whatever they through at him, though he did seem to have a slight wobble after being made to dance in that rug Happy Bye Ranj Love
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 4, 2018 9:55 AM GMT
Yes time was up.  If he stays when does he go next week, the one after at very best.  No he went out in about his justifiable position.  Lovely guy, gave it a go but alas far from good enough.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com