Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
armagnac
11 Dec 17 18:43
| Topic/replies: 55,710 | Blogger: armagnac's blog
right i cleaned up last year on nick skelton, have a similar bet this year with Harry Kane currently, generally 4/1.

the bbc have said this about his nomination:

Finished the Premier League's top scorer for the second successive season, winning the Golden Boot again with 29 goals.

The Tottenham striker scored six hat-tricks in 2017 and was also the only English player to be shortlisted for the Ballon d'Or prize.

Kane netted a crucial equaliser against Scotland as he captained England for the first time, and sealed qualification for the 2018 World Cup in Russia with the only goal against Slovenia.

ive spent the whole morning researching Harry and would like to add to there thoughts on why he is a standout candidate and also pick out a few holes in his competition.

joshua probably wins and i fully expect the petrol heads to get hamilton into the top 3 as well but i do think these two sports do share quite a few fans and there is a very good case of serious vote splitting for these two and add in a good case for voter fatigue for lewis i see him suffering the most out of the two so see his vote shady at best...which for me puts kane in a very strong position to possibly come 2nd.

one price i certainly can't have is froome at 8/13 too make the top 3, boooed after winning TDF this year he only got 39,000 in 2015 SPOTY and 37,000 votes in 2013..this bloke is simply not liked at all by his sport, especially when you consider wiggins got nearly half a million votes the year he won !!

farah, well history says he simply has no chance again..couldn't come remotely close in Olympic years so cant see why he would be any danger this time around and some of his vote totals have been shocking.
then add in farah has moaned whats the point of being there if i couldn't get top 3 last year, apparently moving house is more important than turning up if the rumours are true.
also hamiliton might not be going coz he is off on holiday too america if the rumours are true.
one thing is certain, froome is not attending as he's on a hot training camp in spain.
the competition looks weak to me, and all suffering voter fatigue and two who simply dont get the votes.

the unknown for me is the superbike canditate, who i think will have decent regional support combined with his niche sport but i dont think he can get anyway near the 150,000 votes i see kane easily achieving if not more.

harry recently achieved this:

After 90 years, Harry Kane becomes the first Englishman to score 50 or more goals in a single calendar year for club and country since Dixie Dean did in 1927 for Everton and England!

also he's currently outscoring the best strikers on the planet:

#Sports InsiderDaily‏
@SportsInsiderD
12h12 hours ago
More
#PremierLeague @HKane joins the 50 GOALS! Club for the year 2017*
52 Robert Lewandowski (51 appearances, 1.02 goals per game)
52 #LionelMessi (61, 0.85)
51 #CristianoRonaldo (57, 0.89)
51 Edinson Cavani (59, 0.86)
50 #HarryKane (48, 1.04)

harry kane scored his 90th premier league goal in his 131st game - only alan shearer reached the total in fewer matches (113)
he only needs 8 more to beat teddy sherringhams club record.

what i think really makes this bet truly amazing value is the fact harry won a vote from the football supporters federation (who has 500,000 members) just a week ago.
there was 250,000 votes cast for the 5 man short list, these are die hard fans of football who will surely be just as motivated to vote harry for SPOTY. im sure some who voted for the other 4 will also chuck harry there vote as he's a vote for football on the night.
full article here:

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/harry-kane-wins-player-of-the-year-fsf-award

also add in he became a father in 2017 and proposed to his long term girlfriend in the summer i think women fans of spurs up and down the country will happily be throwing votes at him.
also helps he's a great role model and certainly one of the gentlemen of the game, the old speech impediment will surely get a few sympathy votes as well, bless him.

i managed a big lump at 4/1, also had a little play in outright at 150/1, along with 20/1 for joshua forcast 1-2 and 20/1 W/O joshua markets.
i currently think harry is value in any market going, but top 3 is especially appealing.

i also caught up with a good friend today who runs the supporters club down my way, i said is there any chance of a campaign..he said all the supporters clubs up and down the country are linked and he's gonna have a word and try and get something going on twitter...so watch this space, i have his number now so will be pestering him hard over the next few days.

although i think if spurs fans in general get behind him along with the FSF support who have already voted for him he's still a certainty to get placed, a campaign if started could actually see him go close to winning.

Harry Kane is my bet of the year, enjoy.
Pause Switch to Standard View army's Christmas present to the forum...
Show More
Report hemsby December 11, 2017 7:17 PM GMT
GL army.

Does SPOTY feel a bit flat this year ?

Just can’t see any call to arms from any contenders set of supporters so far....possible I’ve missed something though.Having taken a few big priced punts on possible campaign candidates like Kane and Reah its all looking very underwhelming ATM.
Report bearcub December 11, 2017 7:32 PM GMT
Who was the tip?

I'm not reading all that bollox
Report armagnac December 11, 2017 7:39 PM GMT
lol bear

very true hems and probably why something that makes kane more attractive than ever as a bet, spurs faithful and voting members of the FSF should easily be enough to see him in the top 3.
his competition barring rea have all been there before and performed miserably accept lewis, i don't any motivation for froome at all, and very little for farah.
kane coming 10th in the ballen was a complete joke, prem is the toughest league in the world at present and has been for a long while, certainly the most competitive..kane is outplaying all the current greats, i think he was robbed of a much higher placing in europe's elite award ceremony...and all coz he plays for spurs and not barca or madrid.

he's simply the value and the only value
Report armagnac December 11, 2017 7:40 PM GMT
i dont see** any
Report armagnac December 11, 2017 7:59 PM GMT
froome 8/13
kane 4/1

i mean WTF is that all about, kane is loved by his faithful...looking at froome voting tally's over the years he's surely not.
spurs fans have not has much to rejoice lately, cup wise..this is the closest there getting to rewarding anyone to do with the club, i think on the night his number will be going crazy
Report timbuctooth December 11, 2017 8:46 PM GMT
Oi! Ronnie Biggs! There`s already a Kane train!
Report armagnac December 11, 2017 9:08 PM GMT
yes i know, it nearly ruined my plans before i had a chance to get on, thanks
Report VardonVoo. December 13, 2017 8:47 AM GMT
Looks like your call on Froome not making top 3 will come good.
Report bearcub December 13, 2017 10:07 AM GMT
army knew ;-)
Report armagnac December 13, 2017 10:11 AM GMT
review was bbc last night, available on iplayer now
harry got pimp and they made a massive point how harry loves his dogs and always shows them off on twitter showing cute pics in the process, he's got 1.3 million followers for what its worth.
but he'll surely get a boost from casual dog lovers on the night, especially if they show that again.
Report armagnac December 13, 2017 10:18 AM GMT
also doing the rounds was a tweet about getting tannoy man to remind fans to vote, cant find it now..looks like its been deleted was from a lewis hamiliton spoty account weirdly.

anyway, im off to town to see my friend and ask him if any of his contacts knows tannoy man or can try and make it happen tonight.
spurs also playing live 5:30 v city on saturday, shame its away but gonna try and get supporters to make up a song to do with kane and SPOTY.

im on the fecking case, this is the official harry kane train, one that has research and effort Cool
Report timbuctooth December 13, 2017 1:29 PM GMT
Is it PHUCK!!! There is an Official Kane Train, and it ain`t this interloping effort from renowned and hugely experienced train robber, Ronnie Biggs. What`s this, the fourth? fifth, one of mine you`ve tried to hijack over the last year or two? Follow forum protocol, and GET YOUR OWN IDEAS!!!

Meanwhile, the Official Kane Train has been in contact with Tottenham themselves re. Tannoy man; none of this talking to your local hot-dog seller boll0x, but the real thing. You can read all about it on the OFFICIAL Kane Train

STOP NICKING MY BETS, MY TRAINS AND MY BRAINS! Worse than that Tim`sB1atch for glory-hunting, coat-tail-hanging out the back of me...
Report Jack Bauer '24' December 13, 2017 1:30 PM GMT
Talksport newsreader Pete Abbott is the tannoy man. Send him a tweet.

https://twitter.com/peteabbott3?lang=en
Report armagnac December 13, 2017 3:34 PM GMT
you post trains up before the highstreet price up the valuable side markets, doughnut tim is your new nickname
Report armagnac December 13, 2017 3:34 PM GMT
good work jack, im hoping word has reached him by now..just preying he follows through and kane scores a hatrick Grin
Report armagnac December 13, 2017 4:01 PM GMT
https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/940505503872045057
Report armagnac December 13, 2017 4:01 PM GMT
TCO Cool
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 17, 2017 8:40 PM GMT
I got £2 at 500 that he'll finish last
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 17, 2017 8:40 PM GMT
I got £2 at 500 that he'll finish last
Report Storm Alert December 17, 2017 9:31 PM GMT
Good job you cleaned up last year.
Report armagnac December 17, 2017 9:50 PM GMT
no sh1t, cleaned up this year as well..thanks to a bear posting that mo was the value.
also had a few bob on peacock when presenter mentioned strictly had 12 million viewers this series, inrunning i got right out of a hole.
sorry for this appalling tip, footy fans just dont vote..i followed two spurs forums the last couple of days and not a single mention of SPOTY on either...not a whiff of a campaign, just not interested are they
Report armagnac December 17, 2017 10:06 PM GMT
17,000 votes ffs..so where were the FSF voters ? they vote for footballer of the year but not for SPOTY, makes no sense at all to me
Report bearcub December 17, 2017 10:25 PM GMT
You're welcome ;-)
Report armagnac December 17, 2017 10:27 PM GMT
CoolLove
Report bearcub December 17, 2017 10:35 PM GMT
Love
Report Capt__F December 17, 2017 11:38 PM GMT
75k behind gooner Mo well done
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder