Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
hemsby
21 Nov 17 12:02
| Topic/replies: 45,907 | Blogger: hemsby's blog
Goes in soon ....20/1 available on the High St.

No doubt will be tasked with shaking things up a little.Could easily do a Danny Baker and be 1st out,however I think he’s pretty savvy with RTV shows and will play things a little cuter.

Going to be an eventful ride ....could be 1000 or 3.5 in a weeks time,at 20/1 he has to be worth the risk though.

Choo Choo !!!
Pause Switch to Standard View ***The Iain Lee Boom or Bust...
Show More
Report armagnac December 4, 2017 10:18 PM GMT
this series of celeb is as close as you can get to big brother dynamics imo
Report scampi December 4, 2017 10:59 PM GMT
Yo Army, I so wish Iain Lee (the most real and honest celeb I've seen on IAC) and Toff were in Celeb BB House (it would be a very close run thing I reckon). Unfortunately in IAC ITV use trials to get their Winner which Toff is very good at and Iain  isn't so good at unfortunately :(.
Report armagnac December 4, 2017 11:43 PM GMT
not so sure toff is as loved as people think myself
Report scampi December 5, 2017 12:28 AM GMT
Iain likes shocking people (for comedy effect), like when he called Ant and Dec Ar*eholes - I respect him for that- but will the mainly female voters . Even Ant and Dec found it funny when he said that.
Report scampi December 5, 2017 12:44 AM GMT
If only it was us 40something, booze loving, ZX Spectrum/Commodore64 playing(back in the 80's), male bettors that voted on this - I think he would win hands down. [I love Iain's column in Retrogamer BTW ;) ).
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 5, 2017 12:57 AM GMT
They are all battling for 2nd place imo so that's how I'm looking at it.  I have my doubts about Iain too on the female front scampi, but I've more doubts about Amir on that score.  Social media loves him (Iain), but so much of SM is cause driven that doesn't transpire into actual votes.  I'm a bit on the fence regarding his chances of 2nd. Jamie and Jennie are much more the natural vote for this show, but Jamie has had 3 poor shows in a row and Jennie hasn't done enough. I have my doubts about Stanley because of his age too. He'd be the natural choice for me if Toff wasn't in it, but I do worry she is going to take votes off him and she's getting over 50% of the votes every day for me.  Still I think he's just such a decent bloke and very appealing to females, so he'd be my tentative pick for 2nd at this stage.
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 5, 2017 1:13 AM GMT
This is not BB.  Central characters who have major flaws don't do well and are always over bet.  You've got to be nice and down to earth to win this or even do well (and normally entertaining if you want to finish 1st, nice without being entertaining is normally just enough to finish placed)  That said, Toff is taking so many of the votes away, that if ever it was possible for a flawed character to finish second this is perhaps it.
Report hemsby December 5, 2017 6:02 AM GMT
Latest Tellymix Poll

Georgia 'Toff' Toffolo  40.12%  (65 votes)

Iain Lee  20.37%  (33 votes)

Amir Khan  9.26%  (15 votes)

Stanley Johnson  8.64%  (14 votes)

Jamie Lomas  7.41%  (12 votes)

Vanessa White  6.79%  (11 votes)

Jennie McAlpine  6.17%  (10 votes)

Dennis Wise  1.23%  (2 votes)

Total Votes: 162
Report attitude adjuster December 5, 2017 12:47 PM GMT
Clearly Dennis has tied up the "little" vote  Plain
Report armagnac December 5, 2017 1:27 PM GMT
if anyone is interested to check, the top 10 retweeted tweets of the year have been announced and making the list was a mental health tweet from andy johnson.
it really is starting to get more talked about now and iain has been a big part of that on his radio show
Report armagnac December 5, 2017 1:31 PM GMT
ian's co host has also slammed the others as bullies
Report lookingon December 5, 2017 4:32 PM GMT
Poor Iain Sad After reading that story about his poor Mum, I so want him to win.
Report armagnac December 5, 2017 5:18 PM GMT
he will, i always take over the winning train Cool
Report armagnac December 5, 2017 5:21 PM GMT
tbf, if i knew he was going in sooner and for the fact i'd already lumped dennis less than 24 hours earlier i'd of been driving this little beauty but im more than happy to keep the coal fully topped up for hems as we speed to the winning line

CHOO !! CHOO !!
Report bearcub December 5, 2017 6:54 PM GMT
I sent you a dm on here telling you he was going in before you started the Dennis train army

I'm embarrassed for you now Blush

And stop stealing other peoples trains you credit thief taking muppet

Love

In other news I have emojis back Cool
Report lookingon December 5, 2017 6:57 PM GMT
SillyShockedSillyShockedDevilSillyShockedSillyShockedDevil

Cool
Report hemsby December 5, 2017 7:01 PM GMT
my mate army has gone all Ronnie Biggs on me Cry...........WinkLove
Report lookingon December 5, 2017 7:05 PM GMT
army LoveCoolLoveCool
Report armagnac December 5, 2017 9:03 PM GMT
haha bear, unfortunately for me i lump on before broadcasting such tips or putting up threads.
as good and kind as your info was, it was too late for me Cry

hems and looky Love
Report bearcub December 6, 2017 12:17 AM GMT
'
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/wish-would-stop-bullying-him-11646294
Report THEMONEYSHOT December 6, 2017 12:35 AM GMT
"This is very painful to watch now! Something needs to be done, these men are being horrible to and about Iain. I was trying to avoid using the word bully but it is really going too far now! I’d like Iain to get to the end but a big part of me thinks he’s better out."

Even Iain's supporters want him out Sad
Report THEMONEYSHOT December 6, 2017 12:46 AM GMT
People, I make a plea, a vote for Iain only prolongs his torment at the hands of these evil, damnable bullies (even though he seemed quite oblivious to all this disgusting vitriol aimed at him, and indeed enjoyed a wonderful evening singing karaoke with his camp mates in the boozer). Stop this man's suffering, stop voting for this poor man.
Report hemsby December 6, 2017 7:27 AM GMT
Fantastic episode for Iain last night and now a fully deserved 2nd Fav.

Importantly he showed the viewers that he was grateful for people voting for him and that he no longer wanted to leave the jungle.Plenty of humour from him ....”The reason we didn’t choose Amir is because he’s Amir” Laugh

Still got a few aces up his sleeve too....

Due a Dingo Dollar challenge.
Bushtucker Trial also due to complete a redemption story.
Yet to receive his email which may be shoe-horned in late on.
Continuing bullying narrative.

Throw in media stories of him being in the jungle to pay for his sick mum’s care,large sections where he is the camp narrator,continual favouritism from the spin off show and even support from Ant n Dec ....hopefully his Top Male & Top 3 prospects are looking rosy.

Still has a mountain to climb to beat Toff tbf,however if anyone does beat her,it will be Iain.
Report armagnac December 6, 2017 8:08 AM GMT
could not of put it any better hems, i'll just keep us topped up by 1st shovelling the bile coming from TMS into the furnace and hit him back with this:

"#ImACeleb this year showing us boys are the biggest b*tches," one on Twitter commented after tonight's show.

And it's led to fans to rally around Iain and get him to the final.

"The look on Jamie and Amir’s faces if they’re booted out before Iain will be priceless so if you could make that happen #ImACeleb," tweeted a supporter.

anything you can do i can better
Report armagnac December 6, 2017 8:13 AM GMT
iain's radio fans will surely be committed multi voters, don't see that kind of 'current' dedicated support coming from his biggest challenger amir or any other male in camp.
Report THEMONEYSHOT December 6, 2017 11:49 AM GMT
I would like to thank Army, Bear, Hemsby etc in opening my eyes and highlighting this horrific bullying torture that Iain is so obviously being subjected to, very commendable.

Thus I am sure you will all have absolutely no issues whatsoever in dropping any pathetic pocket talking rhetoric in deference by boycotting any vote for poor Iain, and further, actively campaign that friends (if you've got any) and family follow suit.

Malevolent, atrocious comments (that Iain has absolutely no knowledge of), reported in the Mirror article bear so kindly posted, such as:

"the water was more like 1.5 meters, not three." Shocked

"Iain has a lot of problems, problems with heights, problems in water - not sure what he is good at." ShockedShockedShocked

are morally repugnant and are, unfortunately, some of the worst examples of bullying I, NOT IAIN, have ever seen and heard Sad

Do not make a mistake of Pontius Pilate proportions via voting to keep this poor man incarcerated in a environment of despotic tyrants. Concentrate on voting for the evil Amir so as to subject him to more spiders, snakes and critters, a pathetic punishment in the broader scheme of things, but a punishment all the same. Let Iain go home ASAP with a suitcase stuffed with appearance cash so he can sort his $hit out and be with his family. Love
Report Jack Bauer '24' December 6, 2017 12:40 PM GMT
Well summed up Hemsby.
Report bearcub December 6, 2017 12:46 PM GMT
If you would like to repost in a style that at least tries to make sense TMS, that would be appreciated

Tia
Report THEMONEYSHOT December 6, 2017 1:23 PM GMT
“The Superior Man is aware of Righteousness, the inferior man is aware of advantage." Cool
Report bearcub December 6, 2017 1:37 PM GMT
lol
Report Angela Rebecchi December 6, 2017 5:00 PM GMT
Good train on all the side markets, tried to follow but no books take my bets anymore, enjoy and good luck Cool
Report Angela Rebecchi December 6, 2017 5:00 PM GMT

Dec 6, 2017 -- 8:27AM, hemsby wrote:

Fantastic episode for Iain last night and now a fully deserved 2nd Fav.Importantly he showed the viewers that he was grateful for people voting for him and that he no longer wanted to leave the jungle.Plenty of humour from him ....”The reason we didn’t choose Amir is because he’s Amir” Still got a few aces up his sleeve too....Due a Dingo Dollar challenge.Bushtucker Trial also due to complete a redemption story.Yet to receive his email which may be shoe-horned in late on.Continuing bullying narrative.Throw in media stories of him being in the jungle to pay for his sick mum’s care,large sections where he is the camp narrator,continual favouritism from the spin off show and even support from Ant n Dec ....hopefully his Top Male & Top 3 prospects are looking rosy.Still has a mountain to climb to beat Toff tbf,however if anyone does beat her,it will be Iain.

Great post dude Cool

Report VardonVoo. December 6, 2017 5:21 PM GMT
@TMS Reminds me of one of those "Apology" pieces in Private Eye, lol.
Report annie. December 6, 2017 9:43 PM GMT
Being a woman and as such much more likely to vote, I just cannot see the appeal of Iain Lee. 

I knew nothing about him when he came on the show and indeed I did initially bet on him.  However, I rapidly went off him.  His manner and his refusal to do trials added to my dislike.  If young women half his age can do the trials, so can he.
Report armagnac December 6, 2017 9:47 PM GMT
its fine annie, there's another 30 million women in the uk Wink
Report annie. December 6, 2017 9:49 PM GMT
I know armagnac, but us women do like a MAN, not a wimp Happy
Report annie. December 6, 2017 9:51 PM GMT
I would like to clarify that I rarely vote on i'm a celebrity. But if I am watching the final and I think someone 'deserves' my vote I will vote.
Report VardonVoo. December 6, 2017 9:54 PM GMT
Stanley and Amir have been good entertainment - how the hell are they bottom two this week?
Report VardonVoo. December 6, 2017 9:56 PM GMT
Agree that Iain looks like a bit of a ****-wimp.
Report VardonVoo. December 6, 2017 9:56 PM GMT
*kvnt-wimp
Report armagnac December 6, 2017 10:04 PM GMT
women love a man who cries Grin
Report annie. December 6, 2017 10:08 PM GMT
No, they don't.
Report armagnac December 6, 2017 10:09 PM GMT
works for me Cry
Report annie. December 6, 2017 10:09 PM GMT
Of course, there are exceptions but to cry over nothing much is not very manly
Report armagnac December 6, 2017 10:11 PM GMT
correct, i only cry when the tomato sauce bottle is empty Sad
Report annie. December 6, 2017 10:12 PM GMT
I love tomato sauce too, armagnac Happy
Report armagnac December 6, 2017 10:13 PM GMT
Cool
Report Angela Rebecchi December 6, 2017 10:33 PM GMT
Great tip this, just a shame the bookies refuse to take bets, hope some of you managed to get matched with them !
Report bearcub December 6, 2017 10:46 PM GMT
Scarlett Moffatt‏

I bloody love Iain ❤️ #ImACeleb
139 replies 542 retweets 4,393 likes

Stacey Solomon‏
1h1 hour ago

Was anyone else hoping no stars were won in that trial? I like Jamie but I wanted Iain to feel like he could have done it better! #ImACeleb
113 replies 291 retweets 3,122 likes
Reply 113   Retweeted 291   Like 3.1K
Report armagnac December 6, 2017 10:48 PM GMT
i tink he can win this, said in my best oirish accent
Report mach December 6, 2017 10:58 PM GMT
If Iain and Toff are the last two Iain would have already won by beating his detractors, Toff is not anti Iain so Toff would mop up in the H2H, if not already a mile clear
Report bearcub December 6, 2017 11:07 PM GMT
If Toff wins i'll have the market voided, she's not listed
Report armagnac December 6, 2017 11:12 PM GMT
LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report mach December 6, 2017 11:20 PM GMT
do your dance bear!

Report THEMONEYSHOT December 7, 2017 8:43 AM GMT
Mach, do you have a link for that picture please ?
Report bearcub December 7, 2017 9:12 AM GMT
Report hemsby December 10, 2017 12:24 PM GMT
Top 3 bets landed as well as place part of E/W bets Cool

Must also be an excellent chance of winning Top Male tonight (although I don’t think he’s a certainty)

Unfortunately the OR win looks like being behind him as Toff looks the proverbial good thing.

Hopefully a profitable train for anyone hitching a ride providing the side markets were played .....The 9/1 Iain Top 3 bet a little while ago proving perhaps the bet of the series in hindsight.
Report bearcub December 10, 2017 1:46 PM GMT
You da man Cool
Report mach December 10, 2017 2:43 PM GMT
I have some high street bets on Iain for top man, I'm not going to cash them out at what would be the same as laying Iain @1.45 for top male.
Jamie got "it could be you" with Amir, there is no reason to think that was false, with Jennie going yesterday that would infer that Amir,Jamie and Jennie were close together and Iain is clear of Jamie in the vote.
Toff will probably suck 75% + of the vote.
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 10, 2017 3:09 PM GMT
Ineresting poll rom young mums there. 

https://community.babycentre.co.uk/post/a31308289/im-a-celeb...-winner-poll

who do you want to win?

Iain 
Jamie 
Toff 
Total Votes:  54
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 10, 2017 3:20 PM GMT
Skybet are going 4/1 80% or more in the final 2.  I think that's worth chancing that TMX and Twitter polls are wrong and underestimate the size of Toffs support.  If you can get on ofc.
Report timbuctooth December 10, 2017 3:33 PM GMT
Would  love to see Iain winning it, who knows how much real good it could do his mental issues? Toff doesn`t need the win, she`s set up for life after this, and Jamie winning would be a victory for Neanderthal bullying. Iain catching Toff was a possibility for a while, but I fear all hope is gone, Toff`s quite simply the best there`s ever been, so have finally bailed on him, all-in on Toff. Not my usual style at all, but sometimes you gotta be flexible, and this girl`s an unstoppable juggernaut of RTV
Report armagnac December 10, 2017 4:11 PM GMT
the 1st time ever tim has gone with the fav, be quite fitting if iain got home with his personal issues and being bullied..whilst toff's support is being vastly overestimated especially on this pervy forum
i think the scabby skinned bint has faked her whole experience
Report hemsby December 10, 2017 4:12 PM GMT
Cant get on with Skybet so not a market open to me,however those % bets look fraught with danger to me considering the wording of the rules and how last year’s result was officially revealed .....Obviously possible to do the maths re the last 2 but I sense a trip to IBAS could be required

Vote settled on the Final 2
If breakdown released is between more than 2 celebs, all bets will be Void
Bets settled based on offcial ITV breakdown

Vote 21: Vote-off - the Celebrity with the LEAST votes was in third place.

Scarlett - 39.96%
Joel - 31.89%
Adam - 28.15%

Vote 22: Winner - the Celebrity with the most votes is voted King or Queen of the Jungle.

Scarlett - 45.17%
Joel - 38.2%
Report armagnac December 10, 2017 4:12 PM GMT
well played hems Cool
Report hemsby December 10, 2017 4:13 PM GMT
Love
Report timbuctooth December 10, 2017 4:27 PM GMT
You`re right army, but she`s been favourite for loads of us since first night. Last fav I remember being on was XF Andreas, and that didn`t end well, but at least he was something like 3.0 fav! Just feel, and contrary to a lifetime`s gambling, that this is a 1.07 shot that represents value. Some kind soul even gave me 1.19 this morning!
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 10, 2017 5:40 PM GMT
Take your point hems but they did give the figures last year, they just didn't do the not too difficult maths.

Scarlett for example 45.17%/(45.17%+38.2%) = 54.18%.  For Toff to get 80% she'll need 4 times as many votes as Jamie or Iain.
Report jollyswagman December 10, 2017 5:42 PM GMT
win, lose or draw it's been another well thought out back, confirming your place as train driver numero uno lord hemsby. very well done. same comments for the debbie train, although personally i still cant refer to her as TLDM.
Report annie. December 10, 2017 5:51 PM GMT
I am with you, army, I think toff has faked it.  I still don't see the attraction of Iain, to me he is fake as well as well as being a wuss and a drip of the highest order.
Report Jack Bauer '24' December 10, 2017 6:45 PM GMT
I wouldn't call her a fake, but she's a reality tv professional with a cleverly refined persona. Shappi was right when she described her as being like Marilyn Monroe.
Report armagnac December 10, 2017 6:51 PM GMT
i don't see her support motivated at all, most think she's p1ssed it and won't vote..iain on the other hand, still has 1 more bully to beat and probably the biggest cocky bighead the show has ever seen.
Report mach December 10, 2017 6:52 PM GMT
Toff wins easy
Report armagnac December 10, 2017 7:02 PM GMT
lol, you probably have the worst record of finals on the forum mach, so its nailed on very close Wink
Report armagnac December 10, 2017 7:03 PM GMT
you could have the % in front of you and still manage to lose
Report timbuctooth December 10, 2017 7:05 PM GMT
army, not sure if I need to congratulate you for, or if I`m disappointed by your having just the one train for this series. Unprecedented, I believe?
Report armagnac December 10, 2017 7:08 PM GMT
like i already said, if i'd known iain was going in, the dennis train wouldn't of left the station.
i presumed it was nobody's entering late..bit peeved i lumped the mug tbh and even more peeved i didn't lump more on iain along the way.
need top male to leave with a profit still, got most of stakes back from top 3 as it stands
Report armagnac December 10, 2017 7:10 PM GMT
i'd already whacked a monkey on dennis for top male by the time bear told me, so was obliged to start the train
Report timbuctooth December 10, 2017 7:13 PM GMT
Who got the 15.0 on Toff? Don`t be modest, step forward and take due plaudits!
Report armagnac December 10, 2017 7:14 PM GMT
not ****ing me
Report armagnac December 10, 2017 7:14 PM GMT
f uc k
Report armagnac December 10, 2017 7:17 PM GMT
one thing is certain, if i ever see her cretinus happy scabby face after tonight on tv, i'll be putting a hammer through my box
Report armagnac December 10, 2017 7:17 PM GMT
irritating fake kooont
Report timbuctooth December 10, 2017 7:18 PM GMT
We need your enthusiasm on here, pleased to see you get out in front; don`t want you to start losing and leaving us.
Report armagnac December 10, 2017 7:21 PM GMT
don't see why most are jumping through hoops and waving hockey sticks, she beat a right bunch of bores apart from iain..probably the worst field, in any RTV program ever !!!!!
she wouldn't stand a chance against a decent northern runner
Report timbuctooth December 10, 2017 7:21 PM GMT
Don`t give up hope, she`s won nothing yet; I`m nearly always against these shorties and, long term, it`s definitely the way forward. Not tonight, though!
Report armagnac December 10, 2017 7:23 PM GMT
if she was northern her current price would be justified imo, she won't be everyone's cup of tea up there but probably enough.
not believing she gets a big % though
Report THEMONEYSHOT December 10, 2017 7:27 PM GMT
Bon soir mon amis ! Looking forward to a profitable evening Happy
Report Jack Bauer '24' December 10, 2017 7:28 PM GMT
If Iain had not come in to shake things up a bit, this series would have been completely dull.
Report THEMONEYSHOT December 10, 2017 7:32 PM GMT
I'M A CELEBRITY 2017: WHO'S YOUR FAVOURITE?
Georgia 'Toff' Toffolo  65.05%  (938 votes)

Iain Lee  23.16%  (334 votes)

Jamie Lomas  11.79%  (170 votes)

Total Votes: 1,442
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 10, 2017 8:53 PM GMT
I got some of the 15 and most of the 14 tim
I got some of the 15 and most of the 14 tim
Very first bet was to back Toff and lay Shappi Happy
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 10, 2017 8:57 PM GMT
I'm A Celebrity 2017 / IAC: Winner  Shappi Khorsandi Lay 108619474168  15-Nov-17
14:46    13 8.00  13 15-Nov-17 15:02   

I'm A Celebrity 2017 / IAC: Winner  Shappi Khorsandi Lay 108619461376  15-Nov-17
14:45    13.5 40.00  13.5 15-Nov-17 14:45   

I'm A Celebrity 2017 / IAC: Winner  Georgia Toffolo Back 108619461377  15-Nov-17
14:45    14 48.00  14 15-Nov-17 14:45
Report timbuctooth December 10, 2017 9:02 PM GMT
Well done, that man!
Report ahorsewithnoname December 10, 2017 9:51 PM GMT
Fantastic train hems, absolutely sickening that JERK Jamie beat Iain for top man Cry
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 10, 2017 9:51 PM GMT
Young mums poll called it
Report armagnac December 10, 2017 10:01 PM GMT
unlucky hems, great effort..robbed imo, jamie is an awful specimen
Report hemsby December 10, 2017 10:13 PM GMT
Thanks chaps Love

Shame he didn’t get TM,particularly galling to be beat by that boring self centred git Jamie Grin

I did post earlier today though that I didn’t think he was a certainty Sad

Thank you Mr Lee for saving my IAC book and turning a series loss into a series win Cool
Report timbuctooth December 10, 2017 10:45 PM GMT
Yep, been a good, fun ride. Who`s your next train, please?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com