Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
razz
29 Oct 17 00:30
| Topic/replies: 7,584 | Blogger: razz's blog
AJ currently 1.5 after stopping takem. seems way too long, he'll have the public vote by a mile
Pause Switch to Standard View Sports Personality of the year 2017
Show More
Report timbuctooth October 28, 2017 11:50 PM BST
Hit 1.28 BEFORE winning; extremely weak year, I think it`s between him and Hamilton, assuming Dafoe doesn`t make the shortlist. Petrol heads have a reasonable record at this, so any sign of a campaign will see Hamilton`s price collapse, and the corresponding Joshua drift. Nevertheless, I`ve reduced what was a max red, at up to 1.54; can`t figure out if that`s any value, but had assumed he`d go shorter if he won, so happy enough
Report Froggitt October 29, 2017 1:26 PM GMT
Hammy for me.
Report donny osmond October 29, 2017 7:22 PM GMT
vettel driving into lewis, again, is a huge motivation to vote
Report razz October 30, 2017 9:59 AM GMT
Don't see hamilton swaying the public, he's too much of a dick. AJ has revived HW boxing, with GIANT performances at sold out UK stadiums, and being a former olympic champion means a lot too.

AJ back into 1.42ish today
Report mach October 30, 2017 10:41 AM GMT
The general public that vote for this award don't have much affinity with boxing.
Report razz November 4, 2017 11:00 AM GMT
they will compared to hamiltons lack of personality especially as AJ is a very well known olympic champon which the public absolutely lap up. on top of selling out 2 giant stadiums in the UK this year.
it's true they don't have much affinity with boxing normally but AJ is a huge start and compared to sports like cycling and F1 the lack of affinity doesn't really worry me when his closest rivals sports are much more under the radar of the general public. 1.5 was a gift, 1.37 today, one of the easiest trades of the year tbh.
Report donny osmond November 5, 2017 3:20 PM GMT
boxing and f1 are both massive sports with huge potential votes

it'll be about whos fans get active on twitter etc

if you have already traded out well done anyway it goes!
Report razz November 6, 2017 4:24 AM GMT
lol f1 is not a massive sport in the UK, hardly anyone watches it anymore
Report razz November 6, 2017 4:27 AM GMT
lol F1 is not a massive sport in the UK anymore, AJ has a much broader fanbase imo. he get's much more exposure.

being heavyweight champion of the world, by beating one of the most dominant champions in history > f1 champion so hard.

fundamentally AJ is ahead of hamilton in most areas. froome is much more deserving than hamilton but we know that's not how this ****how works
Report razz November 6, 2017 5:23 AM GMT
damn forum not showing posts, i wonder if betfair will ever pull their finger out
Report donny osmond November 7, 2017 3:31 PM GMT
lewis' vat refund might cost him a few votes
Report mach November 7, 2017 3:53 PM GMT
I think the public can get over it quicker than the BBC, they may see him as less than a ideal winner now, and give him a less favourable VT and running order.
Report duffy November 7, 2017 5:14 PM GMT
Hamilton's Jet tax dodge on the news won't have helped him.
Report LendUsAFiver November 7, 2017 7:40 PM GMT
Can't back a 1.3 with 2 months to go. You'd make 3 times more profit just sticking it into Bitcoins.
Report razz November 8, 2017 8:13 AM GMT
AJ into 1.3 now, bitcoin going up 90% next month is possible but with segwit 2x coming up in a week or so bitcoin will likely dump around 1k due to the current trading price of 2x. it should recover quickly but with bcash being pumped also it could be a slow end to the year for it, and that's not to mention the small possibility of the hashing power staying on the 2x chain literally becoming the new bitcoin if the miners stick to their guns (unlikely when the difficulty algorithm is corrected for btc to make it less difficult to mine to compete with the profitability the new 2x chain will have for a short period of time immediately after the fork). 8k or 10k is much more realistic. next year however is a different story.
I already have plenty invested in bitcoin so I'm always looking for ways to diversify my money. AJ at 1.5 was a good place to do so imo. I'm not in a hurry to take the 1.3 but I feel like it will trade lower. it's a good market to trade instead of bet outright, 1.3 is still a bit high imo, hamilton just isn't as popular as ppl think and AJ is a freaking superstar in the UK atm. although hamilton's current price at around 10.0 or 11 is a good hedge I think.
Report betilyerded November 8, 2017 8:52 PM GMT
Eh?
Report razz November 8, 2017 10:31 PM GMT
Laugh
Report razz November 8, 2017 10:32 PM GMT

Nov 8, 2017 -- 9:52PM, betilyerded wrote:

Eh?

bitcoin, you know... magic interwebs money

Report razz November 22, 2017 6:21 PM GMT
anyone been looking at this recently?  AJ hovering around 1.31-1.33 not hearing much public interest in hamilton though.
Report razz December 5, 2017 8:57 AM GMT
I like hamilton @ 1.5 to be top 3, surely as AJ's biggest contedner and a really weak voting base for the rest he will easily make it.
Report VardonVoo. December 13, 2017 8:51 AM GMT
On the news today - Froome failed a drugs test. All the sub 100 backs got swept in the minutes following.
Only asthma medication, supposedly. Rotten timing - SPOTY contestants spotlight programme was on only last night.
Report razz December 13, 2017 3:24 PM GMT
missed the news about froome, hardly surprising, AJ into 1.21 now, can't believe he was 1.5 not long ago, nothing has changed really.
Report razz December 13, 2017 3:27 PM GMT
that hammy 1.5 top 3 line was a gift too, happy xmas everyone!
Report razz December 13, 2017 3:30 PM GMT
not sure about all the love for johnathen rea also, he won the superbikes not moto gp, that's like AJ beating chisora, froome only winning the la vuelta, harry kane top scorer in league 1 etc
Report razz December 14, 2017 12:24 PM GMT
AJ 1.15 now
Report razz December 14, 2017 12:24 PM GMT
AJ 1.15 now
Report razz December 14, 2017 12:28 PM GMT
I love this market, each year the same thing, nothing changes and it takes ppl months to realise the prices were way off haha. correct me if im wrong but wasn't murray less of a favourite when he won last year than AJ is now and murray won by a mile
Report mach December 14, 2017 1:05 PM GMT
We don't know the order the VT's will be played in or the contents of them, A.J's closest rivals have had bad press in the last month and there are no campaigns for the other runners so things look good for him, but it's are not settled yet.
Report razz December 14, 2017 1:58 PM GMT
yeah definitely not over yet but his price is getting to a nice place to green up or lay
Report Platini December 14, 2017 2:21 PM GMT
shoot out between AJ and Harry Kane Imo.
Report timbuctooth December 14, 2017 2:57 PM GMT
razz 14 Dec 17 12:28 
I love this market, each year the same thing, nothing changes and it takes ppl months to realise the prices were way off

Nobody has EVER accused ANY Specials market of being anything other than utterly CLUELESS! All mainstream betting has too much information/form/analysis to be as wrong as those seen in our little world, which is precisely why it`s so easy to win at this RTV malarkey.
Report razz December 14, 2017 11:10 PM GMT
yeah it's kind of annoying as its only once a year, I always forget how easy it is.
Report a bitofinterest December 17, 2017 6:00 AM GMT
Crazy
Report a bitofinterest December 17, 2017 6:00 AM GMT
Crazy
Report razz December 17, 2017 3:57 PM GMT
hamilton and froome not bothering to go to the event either.
Report Froggitt December 17, 2017 6:57 PM GMT
Jonny for T3?
Report Asparagus Man December 17, 2017 7:01 PM GMT
Good piece for Jonny and would be well deserving - possibly needed a late slot to break T3?
Report Froggitt December 17, 2017 7:17 PM GMT
"what an entrance" at 2 mph
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com