Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
LOU MACARIS TARTAN B
09 Oct 16 18:33
| Topic/replies: 12,219 | Blogger: LOU MACARIS TARTAN B's blog
Now remember, we're going to be absolutely HONEST about each dance.  I know you lot like to blatantly lie rather than simply face the truth that they dancer you've backed hasn't done well or someone you're big red on has done well so you all just follow your bets and comment accordingly.

Just imagine you had no bets on this ........... well this is just about what you'd surely have to come up with.  Marks out of ten (HONESTLY trying to be as accurate as I can regardless of my bets) at the end.

DANNY:  Perhaps the best of the lot for me tonight.  Three weeks, very good every single time he's in with a very big shout to ultimately win it.  8.5

LOUISE:  I said earlier in the week she's a bit self conscious about the tops of her legs and you could see why they are a bit heavy.  That said she still looked very attractive and once again danced really well.  For me  not quite up with the top two of three on the night but another very good showing.  8

CLAUDIA:  Very good once again.  Just as good as anyone in this and will be around a very long time possible even as the eventual winner.  Shame she's so tiny so I don't think she quite looks the part but very good week after week.  8.5

GREG:  I'm large red on this guy but have to say he did well last night again.  Don't get me wrong I don't think he's up there with six or seven of the better dancers but very decent and a likeable chap too.  He's not going anywhere for a while.  7.5

RINDER:  Good enough I suppose but I actually think he's gone a touch backwards every week.  Couldn't quite really hit the kicks and flicks it looked a little bit laboured for me but once again not exactly 'bad' is he?  7

ORE:  Well done Ore.  A great classic song like the judges said it was almost like watching a black Gene Kelly.  I liked the fact he got emotional on the night I was almost blubbing myself.  In for a long way another who could win it and on the night nobody was better.  8.5

WILL:  Just to prove how honest I'm trying to be I have layed him large at 4/1 (I know I could get out at much higher odds but I won't) I suppose then I should say he was poor, rubbish, worst of the night like you lot all would!  However I think he's been steady enough the first two weeks but tonight he went up a notch.  He did really well and another who just might win it.  8

DAISY:  Comes across really nice I didn't think I'd like her.  I know it's repetitive but again how well did she do.  Three dances she's done so far and all been good.  In a very open year another who could go all the way.  I think you tend to forget her a bit because she opened the show but nicely done.  7.5

LAURA:  I thought she did well so surprised she was B2?  Not quite as good as the real gooduns tonight but a very fair effort again for me.  I think Bruno gave her a 9 though which is surely ridiculous.  7.5

LESLEY:  A matter of timer I guess as she can't compete with the good dancers but for her age fantastic.  Great song she once again did it well not bad at all.  6.5

NAGA:  Maybe a touch better but still not up with the real good dancers.  I was hoping for better from her and had a few bob on her at the start but so fat three dances and not much to go on.  She's not bad but not that good for me.  7

TAMEKA:  I thought she did ok?  Last week she was really good so hard to follow that but for a tubby, short lady I thought she really gave it a ago.  Sorry to see her go.  7

ANASTASIA:  Not bad again I thought.  We all see some duff dances on here but she's not duff surely.  Yes I know she won't win it but the worst dancer left in it?  No she isn't.  7

ED:  Comes across better every week you can't help but like him.  Gave it a real go but whilst I enjoyed it the actual dancing was poor.  Three or four more weeks left roughly?  5.5

So that's it.  I can't obviously give the exact same point as everyone out there on every single dancer but I've HONESTLY tried to be as accurate and fair as possible regardless of my bets.

Summing up:  Still a good few can win this with only about half a dozen who realistically won't.  Very open series I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

I hope you've all still got your BFH.  Don't forget stay out of the red and in the green.

You can't but a bit of Louis! xx
Pause Switch to Standard View ****** Strictly Week 3, THE TRUTH!!...
Show More
Report bearcub October 9, 2016 6:58 PM BST
Bullet point

10 or so could win, the others might win
Report Makybe_Diva October 9, 2016 8:29 PM BST
An interesting read, Lou.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 9, 2016 9:27 PM BST
Thank you Makybe.  I'm just trying to be as fair as possible and that was how I saw things.  Very open with a good few that could win it, Ed and Lesley likeable but just not good enough.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 9, 2016 9:36 PM BST
I see already 50 of you have 'viewed' my thread ............... but just can't bring yourself to admit "Yer that's a pretty decent write up Lou I can see you are trying to be fair and if I'm honest I just about agree with most of what you've said"

It's ok I know it's very accurate and close to the truth.  Your silence speaks a thousand words.

Lou knows

wink
Report bexley October 10, 2016 12:54 PM BST
DANNY:  Perhaps the best male dancer ever on Strictly. Nice partnership with Oti, likeable enough wins if the producers will it.

LOUISE:  Always had my doubts about her ability to do the faster latin dances or sexy. Even her jive week one had alarm bells ringing as to the speed and sharpness of her kicks and flicks. Probably an age related thing. Graceful. elegamt fluid likeable but for me an unlikely winner

CLAUDIA:  Will improve but as the Charleston was probably the dance most suited to her she may have peaked, betting odds wise, for now. Finalist probably but not value for the win at these odds.

GREG:  Natalie is my favourite pro but I just can't take to this guy. Some issues to sort out yet but he has the energy and committment to get him through the immediate weeks and could yet do it. A little scared of him but can't bring myself to back him at 10/ 14's I might cover him

RINDER:  Equivalent of an X factor novelty act, likeable but not a winner. Seems to prefer to ham it up and take the applause with a partner seemingly wanting the same. Not even sure he will make it to Blackpool.

ORE:  This guy has the ability for sure, second only to Danny and way ahead of Will and Greg in the guys. Thought he was a bit full of himself the first couple of weeks but the tears helped and sometimes saying less is more.

WILL:  For me was well overmarked the first couple of weeks, particularly what was imo a very poor jive. The Bollywood thing was decent but as things stand very unlikely to make the final

DAISY:  Someone I was ready not to like, thought she was some kind of fashion prima donna but her attitude has surprised me and quite like her. Great legs, I was impressed with he one latin dance and already seems a ballroom natural. At current odds my best tradi9ng play. No surprise to me for her to make the final.

LAURA:  I like her, nice enough chemistry with Giovanni and good at ballroom but there end the positives. Bit unsteady in latin, already failed once in the public vote - much prefer Daisy's potential

LESLEY:  Fantastic for her age, really does deserve all the praise she is getting. If there was some handicap system for this based on age she weouls hose up but realistically will go mid series

NAGA:  My biggest disappointement. Seems cold, rumours not getting along with Pasha, nerves killing her - hard to see a recovery even if the BBC Breakfast fans manage to keep her in a bit longer

TAMEKA:  Glad she's gone, probably a reflection on me but these OTT bubbly characters do my nut in

ANASTASIA:  Meh nothing much to add, decent enough, not helped by the injury debacle and just a matter of which one of the next couple of weeks she will depart

ED:  Almost tempted to stick a fiver on at 250/1, definitely liked by the public and with a promising young partner. May be there a lot longer than most think
Report donny osmond October 10, 2016 1:39 PM BST
danny is very very good,

no idea how that translates to winning this in a public vote if hes up against will in final ?
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 10, 2016 2:15 PM BST
Bexley

Well written quite a lot we agree on and I think you've been pretty fair there.

If only the other 99.9% of people on here could simply tell the truth too.
Report Lairy Mary October 10, 2016 2:40 PM BST
Very fair summing up.  I will be hoping Danny wins and others don't catch him up as I think he's way out in front and is pretty nice eye-candy!  Ore I just can't warm to - I really disliked his coverage of the Olympics and as I always have one person I have to loathe, this year he's got the vote! (It has been Lisa Snowden, Abby Clancy in the past so no reflection on ability!)
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 10, 2016 5:01 PM BST
Lairy

Thank you.  I think Ore was very good though on Saturday and it suits me if he wins so I hope he keeps going.  I don't personally make Danny such a short favourite when for me there are about six of them who could beat him but we'll see.

Good luck
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 12, 2016 1:29 PM BST
Well over 200 views and only about three replies!  You lot just can't bring yourself to admit what I've said is a pretty good look at how they've done and with all biased put aside.

Not to worry Lou knows!

hmmmmmmm!!
Report Valiant October 12, 2016 3:27 PM BST
Stop moaning.

Just turn up, keep up and shut up!
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 12, 2016 4:37 PM BST
Thanks Len
Report Henry VIII October 12, 2016 6:23 PM BST
I've only just managed to see Saturday's, been some big developments in XF. I can say that the man known as Lou he speaks TRUTH. But the man known as Bexley he speaks with FORKED TONGUE.

Standout comments: “I said earlier in the week she's a bit self conscious about the tops of her legs and you could see why they are a bit heavy”; “I liked the fact he got emotional on the night I was almost blubbing myself”.
Report Henry VIII October 12, 2016 6:23 PM BST
Seriously though, it’s good to read the breakdown of others even if book-talking slips in as it always does, except with Lou.
Report jollyswagman October 13, 2016 1:18 PM BST
i agree with most of your views lou although i actually enjoyed claudia's performance slightly more than danny's this week.

i thought laura would be a lot better than she has been so far, she looked good (in a short clip) in this week's training.

rinder seems to be getting worse rather than better.

louise probably not quite as good as i thought she would be. she is obviously not a bad person at all i just find her about as interesting as her husband's post match analysis Sad. will tgbp vote for her?

daisy is the one who i am most surprised by in a postive way.

is danny on a slow train to 1.01 and victory? i dont know but its still early days and with so many good dancers i couldnt back him at about 6/4.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 13, 2016 1:47 PM BST
jolly

I just about agree totally with that.  Long way to go so not quite so sure about 1.01 Danny and like you I thought Laura would be a touch better.  That said she's done nothing wrong for three weeks and decent every time specially a couple of weeks ago so very harsh to be B2 this week I don't understand the voters..

I think Louis comes across well and is in it in for the long haul.

Keep up the good work jolly.  I'm going to make you one of my "Favourite's"!!
Report Cider October 14, 2016 4:25 PM BST

Oct 13, 2016 -- 1:18PM, jollyswagman wrote:

i agree with most of your views lou although i actually enjoyed claudia's performance slightly more than danny's this week. i thought laura would be a lot better than she has been so far, she looked good (in a short clip) in this week's training. rinder seems to be getting worse rather than better. louise probably not quite as good as i thought she would be. she is obviously not a bad person at all i just find her about as interesting as her husband's post match analysis . will tgbp vote for her?daisy is the one who i am most surprised by in a postive way.is danny on a slow train to 1.01 and victory? i dont know but its still early days and with so many good dancers i couldnt back him at about 6/4.

There are some good dancers but Danny is in a league of his own.

If it's a fair fight, he'll cruise to victory, but that's a rarity. If he has a sightly weaker dance, one suspects the prods will pounce. Big weak for Ore to see if he can build on last week's triumph. At least he's made his mark now, whereas in the first couple of weeks he was being rather lost in the mix.

Report Cider October 14, 2016 4:25 PM BST
#week
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B October 14, 2016 5:06 PM BST
Cider

I thought Ore did ok first two weeks but yes very good last week so a big runner.

Don't agree with you about Danny though possibly "Cruising to victory".  Yes he's as good as anyone and perhaps fractionally the best so far but IMO there's nothing in it between at least five of them so how he's about 13/8 is beyond me.

It's very open I think.
Report Cider October 14, 2016 5:30 PM BST
I very much doubt we'll get to find out, as the producers can't help meddling these days.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com