Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
againstthecrowd
22 Dec 15 08:24
| Topic/replies: 253 | Blogger: againstthecrowd's blog
Very tight contests ... great markets as us gambling addicts can bet up to the end of Christmas Eve... result on Boxing Day.

Any opinions... Mrs Browns Boys a sound favourite, but Eastenders, Downton Abbey and Strictly have a chance

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 77
By:
againstthecrowd
When: 23 Dec 15 07:53
For what its worth I think Strictly could be a bit of value in the outright at around 10/1, would want a bit more than 4/1 in the 'without' market though.. where Eastenders is the obvious favourite..

Regardong XMAS number 1.. its been like a 'head bobber' on the run in at a horse race.. both been well odds on.. it probably depends on how much spin and hype on TV /Press the NHS choir gets over next 2 days... anyone know plans ? If theres enough, then 2/1 would nstill be big..
By:
timbuctooth
When: 23 Dec 15 09:17
Not sure why, but nobody seems to be talking about the Christmas TV market, we`re all concentrating on the No1. Join us on that thread?
By:
bearcub
When: 23 Dec 15 09:31
The clues in the username Timothy
By:
timbuctooth
When: 23 Dec 15 12:33
Fair enough! Just felt someone who doesn`t post often had made the effort, only to be ignored.
By:
againstthecrowd
When: 23 Dec 15 13:06
Cheers Timbuctooth, appreciate that, yes used to post a lot and did a few favours I think but usually better to just get the money down yourself and forget the praise or flak... The 2/1 NHS choir mentioned previously does seem to have disappeared

Re the xmas number 1 thread, I think Tv would get lost in it.... I know its a minority interest but enjoy it each year..
By:
bearcub
When: 23 Dec 15 13:22
Are you interested in Foty at all Atc?

We're down to the final days now and you have my vote against Bails
By:
againstthecrowd
When: 23 Dec 15 13:32
Cheers, Bearcub... the name is more about opposing the obvious, than the rest of the forum members !
By:
bearcub
When: 23 Dec 15 13:38
You're currently leading the poll Cool
By:
timbuctooth
When: 23 Dec 15 13:39
But, hang on a minute, that`s what we ALL do!
By:
timbuctooth
When: 23 Dec 15 13:40
^^^to against
By:
againstthecrowd
When: 23 Dec 15 13:50
Nobody got an opinion on these markets bar Myself ?
By:
lookingon
When: 23 Dec 15 14:04
I'm sure bear has.....Silly
By:
lookingon
When: 23 Dec 15 14:04
I've had a go on Strictly.
By:
againstthecrowd
When: 23 Dec 15 14:09
10s with the books looks too big...
By:
bearcub
When: 23 Dec 15 14:09
I've backed strictly ATC. I was confident before it was such a dire show on Saturday. The later time will help imo

The market on here is not the best though, I blame Looky Angry
By:
lookingon
When: 23 Dec 15 14:18
Love I blame moiCool
By:
againstthecrowd
When: 23 Dec 15 14:22
Yes, good to hear others see the 'Strictly' thing... The bookmakers market has been  ok on main event, regarding 'without' market.. I guess its up to anyone to put their money down & see if its taken..

If Christmas number one single is obviously going one way... looks like NHS choir, then this market could get some attention as its literally all done on Chrismas Day so can be bet up to midnight on Christmas Eve..
By:
Cider
When: 23 Dec 15 15:29
I feel MBB is a vulnerable favourite atc.

I backed scd and EE against it a few weeks ago.

FYI PP are settling based upon the consolidated figures.
By:
stu
When: 23 Dec 15 15:37
Notice they bother writing some rules for this market these days, after ripping off customers by not having any rules about 'overnights' previously. Still leaves a bitter taste does that year. Sad
By:
againstthecrowd
When: 23 Dec 15 19:25
Interesting on both last texts... Hills USED to settle on consolidated figures and it cost myself and a mate over 10k one year when Men Behaving Badly won overnights and got headlines but Eastenders overtook it on consolidated... where video playbacks were added... was a joke change...ludicrous amount of extra 'recorded' Eastenders viewings, went to IBAS to no avail !
By:
timbuctooth
When: 23 Dec 15 20:38
OK, you`re obviously good at this, where do all NHS winners put their winnings? Where`s the value?
By:
againstthecrowd
When: 23 Dec 15 20:48
hmmm , yes, well I did manage to share some NHS winnings...(touch wood)hard to believe it was still 2/1 in a place this morning...I will be straight .. my tip has been Strictly Xmas special to a few colleagues and have backed at 16s 14s and now 10s ... The 10s is still available with a few books and I think it will go close..later time slot than last year, as someone mentioned, plus viewing figres trending well for latest series v last year and hopefully the final Downton Abbey could pinch enough viewers off Eastenders and Mrs B B to help it win.

Its no certainty but at 10/1 it almost certainly is value....
By:
timbuctooth
When: 23 Dec 15 21:00
On your word, have put a bit up at 11.0.
With so few posts in 14 years, this thread must have worn you out! Don`t be a stranger, we`re not a bad lot.
By:
againstthecrowd
When: 23 Dec 15 21:08
Yes,cheers Tim,  the reason I 'left' is that I had a very good run with posts like this but felt it impossible to sustain... lets face it, the main thing is the profit... great to get appreciated as well, but if you lose you dont appreciate the stick .. so dont need to bother...PS.. If you dont get matched at the 11 you still may have a couple of chances to get 10/1 with various books tomorrow... good luck !
By:
timbuctooth
When: 23 Dec 15 21:49
Thanks. Don`t know who would have been giving you grief for posting losers, we all have those. That`s irrelevant, though; all we need on here are value bets, with a bit of reasoning. Find those, and the winners will come along just fine.
Were you lurking all the while?
By:
bearcub
When: 23 Dec 15 22:11
Cool
By:
kh89
When: 24 Dec 15 10:04
The rules don't state whether +1 and HD is included if it is Corrie is worth a small bet at the long odds. It was highest rated show last night with +1 and HD included.
By:
kh89
When: 24 Dec 15 10:11
Actually the rules do mention simulcast brodcasts not counting towards average, i guess that would mean the +1 channel.
By:
bearcub
When: 24 Dec 15 10:51
The simulcast broadcast reference is with regards to the Queens rant
By:
armagnac
When: 24 Dec 15 11:15
on strictly and call the midwife, bit worried the final will tarnish strictly's chances but great time slot this time around
im sue plenty will tune in too see len still seething about jay winning Grin
By:
kh89
When: 24 Dec 15 11:16
strictly xmas was filmed weeks ago
By:
timbuctooth
When: 24 Dec 15 11:27
Ignore army, kh, he`s clueless!
By:
bearcub
When: 24 Dec 15 11:57
Army's new posting style is to take a bit from everyone elses posts and jumble them up to make them his own

Army is foty in waiting imo Cool
By:
armagnac
When: 24 Dec 15 12:48
oh was it
DOH Grin
By:
againstthecrowd
When: 24 Dec 15 13:39
Call the midwife would have a fair chance but fact Miranda Hart not in it this year is a negative, also it looked a bit miserable on preview, could weaken it but probably not enough to let corrie in..
By:
armagnac
When: 24 Dec 15 14:01
think corrie starts 15mins after on itv
hoping everyone just leaves there tv on after strictly, whilst waiting for eastenders to start..so loads of extra viewers on top of the regs
easy 10 million, thanks Cool
By:
againstthecrowd
When: 24 Dec 15 15:54
Anyone desperate for a bet, this market closes at 11.59 so its too late after midnight mass.. ;)
By:
armagnac
When: 24 Dec 15 16:05
im always desperate for a bet, just a shame there's not more specials to bet on Tongue Out
i always lose on everything else Sad
By:
kh89
When: 24 Dec 15 17:45
Big cliffhanger in tonights eastenders leading into xmas day epiosde.

DomTreadwellCollins ‏@dominictc 3h
Our special Christmas Eve #EastEnders is tonight at 2030hrs. You're going to want to watch this doof doof LIVE...

Alex Lamb ‏@alexlamb81 2h
8:30pm tonight... #EastEnders is unmissable tonight... Some surprises up our sleeves

Alex Lamb ‏@alexlamb81 2h
#EastEnders 8:30pm 2nite ends one of our 6 month long secrets @TheRoryJohn @chris_clenshaw @JeromeBN @MattACampbell #EastEndersStoryCrew

BBC EastEnders ‏@bbceastenders 3h
Coming very soon...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXAD4a1WkAAadwi.jpg:large
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel