Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
five leaves left
27 Nov 15 21:09
| Topic/replies: 114,001 | Blogger: five leaves left's blog
Market up. Bosnia back Cool

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 65  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 65 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 2,560
By:
Corbyguy
When: 27 Nov 15 21:53
Well its the first time that the complete selection of runners has been revealed by the EBU this early. The EBU normally wait until just before Christmas to make the announcement. There are 43 runners this year. I did read somewhere earlier today that Slovakia has asked for a deadline extension to 18 Dec. to make their decision so it could be 44 runners.
By:
Corbyguy
When: 27 Nov 15 22:00
First country at the moment to select and reveal their song will be Albania who will have their semi final 1 on 25 Dec., semi final 2 on 26 Dec. and final on 27 Dec. If it is known that other countries will select and reveal their song earlier then Albania then details of who and dates will be posted as soon as announcements are made.
By:
five leaves left
When: 27 Nov 15 22:49
Cheers Corby
By:
five leaves left
When: 27 Nov 15 23:14
As Albania are 1st to announce I have to give this yet another listen Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9zIP4FA-1Y
By:
Corbyguy
When: 28 Nov 15 14:23
Copied and pasted from article: http://eurovisionireland.net/2015/11/27/uk-eurovision-eurovision2016-bbc-ogae/

"UK Eurovision 2016 Search Has Begun – New Details

Eurovision 2016 sees a change of approach from the BBC. A more thorough approach to getting that 6th Eurovision win were announced earlier this year.

Eurovision Ireland can now reveal that the shortlisting of the submissions received by the BBC has begun with the involvement of the UK arm of the OGAE Fan Network.

Those that have been selected by the OGAE Network are now receiving links to a secure BBC Network where they will have a selection of songs to listen to.

They have been asked to select their favorite 5 entries and they must confirm these to the BBC by December 14th. All involved are not permitted to announce the songs that they have been asked to review or confirm that they are on the pre-selection OGAE group.

Is this the year the BBC and the UK hit the top stop at Eurovision?"

Some people may think that it is a great idea for some members of the UK branch of OGAE to be involved with the UK selection process but i do have great reservations about it with regards to being that on looking back at past OGAE polls voted on by OGAE members that certain extremely high placed songs have flopped in the actual contest and i can't help but think that if a song in the UK selection process sounds as though it could come from Sweden, or Schlager, cheesy, kitsh, dance or potentially as fan w@nk will most likely be selected by the OGAE members to go forward in the UK selection process and we could possibly end up with a final selection for the public to select from that consists of certain style songs that does well with OGAE polls only to flop in the contest. I shall nervously await the final selection for the UK public to vote on.
By:
johnnyrant
When: 28 Nov 15 14:46
Yes, you are quite correct Corby. The OGAEs are full of fan boys and it is actually a lucrative trading angle to take on certain songs ranked highly by OGAE members each year. They are the wrong people to be asking for input. If they want to know what would work best for the UK in ESC they should be seeking the input of, ahem, the likes of me Laugh.

That may make you laugh. It made me laugh writing it. I'm not usually one to blow my own trumpet but ESC is the lynchpin of my trading year and professional traders of ESC markets know better than anyone what works and what doesn't work on the ESC stage.

The other concern with the BBC selection process is not only getting the wrong songs shortlisted for the final, but then having a panel of so-called 'experts' who are anything but, such as John Barrowman, expressing their opinion, and telling the GBP, 'Oh, that has to win. That's so Eurovision-y'. Step forward Scooch Cry

Also, they need int'l juries to be having a say on the selection. A UK domestic audience does not represent the ESC voting audience and has proven time and again to have lousy music taste.
By:
johnnyrant
When: 28 Nov 15 15:04
Should have added, it's a flawed process from the outset because they will be listening to studio-quality recordings. Can the artist/group sing and perform well live? They could pick a shortlist of songs which cannot be delivered adequately live.
By:
Corbyguy
When: 28 Nov 15 15:14
I'm a member of the UK OGAE and all members including myself got an email informing us that if anyone would like to participate in the UK selection process then to send their name and details and a certain number would be chosen. I chose not to participate but i wouldn't be surprised if there was a stampede by members wanting to be involved in the UK selection process. Perhaps next year i may decide to participate in the selection process if the BBC decides to go with OGAE members again with the selection process but that could change if the UK flops again.

I don't have high hopes for a really good song to get through in the selection process as it will surely get lost and brushed aside for the typical songs that the fans will choose. Mind you there maybe some little hope as i believe that there will also be music experts (no doubt people  that the BBC consider to be music experts like John Barrowman cough cough) to help with the selection process.
By:
johnnyrant
When: 28 Nov 15 15:18
Whoever the Beeb has consulted in the past has proved utterly clueless, Corby. You need ESC experts, not music experts imho. They thought Pete Waterman was a music expert and he gave us 'That Sounds Sh*te To Me' Cry
By:
Corbyguy
When: 01 Dec 15 21:16
Slovakia will not be participating EBU confirmed so its going to be just 43 runners.
By:
Corbyguy
When: 03 Dec 15 15:46
The live jury rehearsal videos of the 10 entries to proceed to the National Final of Belarus are now online see here: http://eurovisionireland.net/2015/12/03/poll-who-should-represent-belarus-at-eurovision-2016/

Belarus National Final will take place on 25th January 2016. The winner will be selected by 100% Televote.
By:
Corbyguy
When: 04 Dec 15 15:11
Albania semi final songs are now online to listen to:

First semi final of 15 songs can be listened to here: http://festivali-rtsh.al/new/album-category/nata-e-pare/

Second semi final of 15 songs can be listened to here: http://festivali-rtsh.al/new/album-category/nata-e-dyte/
By:
bearcub
When: 05 Dec 15 00:03
http://eurovoix.com/2015/12/05/tonight-israels-eurovision-2016-search-begins/
By:
Corbyguy
When: 27 Dec 15 23:34
The first song to be selected for the contest is from Albania. The song can be viewed here: https://youtu.be/3XAW4Gwcf0Y
By:
timbuctooth
When: 27 Dec 15 23:59
Hey, Corby, may I be cheeky enough as to ask why you didn`t want to participate in the selection process? I think I`d get quite a trip out of watching a song I`d helped to choose, being performed, maybe even winning.
By:
honestcl
When: 02 Jan 16 14:56
Initial thoughts

Why didn't you take part corby?  Totally agree with tim's comments above

As for the early stages of the ESC itself, Belarus population has been very lacking in creativity if these ten are all they've got to show from their efforts.

Switzerland - Rykka's song the best of a mediocre bunch.  Not winning though

Estonia - A few of the Eesti Laul tunes catching my ear.  Love the Supersonic and Patience songs.  Not sure if Patience is suitable for ESC but for my own tastes it's great.

Talking of not winning, Albania no chance.  More dirge from them!  Last year's was quite good but this one will be doing well to even make the final.
By:
honestcl
When: 02 Jan 16 14:58
Whoever the Beeb has consulted in the past has proved utterly clueless, Corby. You need ESC experts, not music experts imho. They thought Pete Waterman was a music expert and he gave us 'That Sounds Sh*te To Me' Cry

______

The same Pete Waterman who cussed Azerbaijan's Drip Drop during the semi final before he promptly guided UK to last place while Azerbaijan nabbed 5th despite starting in the 1st slot  Crazy
By:
Smith1
When: 02 Jan 16 16:15
As for the early stages of the ESC itself, Belarus population has been very lacking in creativity if these ten are all they've got to show from their efforts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL9BtMYKvxQ

Cool
By:
honestcl
When: 02 Jan 16 22:10
Love it Smith1! 

Found myself rolling my eyes almost instantly but then as it wore on I found myself laughing harder and harder and I was uncontrollable. 

As bad as the song is, it's more memorable than anything else they've got in the final 10 and, as the Russians grannies and Lordi show, having fun and decent staging can occasionally work.

The zombie was hilariously good.

Any chance they can apply for the UK???  ExcitedLaughLaugh
By:
Corbyguy
When: 13 Jan 16 13:04
WE have Ireland - Nicky Byrne will sing Sunlight.

http://wiwibloggs.com/2016/01/13/nicky-byrne-will-sing-sunlight-for-ireland-at-eurovision-2016/115463/
By:
Corbyguy
When: 13 Jan 16 13:18
The running order for Sweden melodifestivalen has been announced. No Surprise that the 2 faves Ace Wilder and Molly Sanden get to perform last in the respective heats. http://esctoday.com/107948/sweden-melodifestivalen-2016-semifinals-running-order-announced/
By:
Corbyguy
When: 13 Jan 16 13:37

Jan 2, 2016 -- 2:56PM, honestcl wrote:

Initial thoughtsWhy didn't you take part corby?  Totally agree with tim's comments aboveAs for the early stages of the ESC itself, Belarus population has been very lacking in creativity if these ten are all they've got to show from their efforts.Switzerland - Rykka's song the best of a mediocre bunch.  Not winning thoughEstonia - A few of the Eesti Laul tunes catching my ear.  Love the Supersonic and Patience songs.  Not sure if Patience is suitable for ESC but for my own tastes it's great.Talking of not winning, Albania no chance.  More dirge from them!  Last year's was quite good but this one will be doing well to even make the final.

I was originally going to put my name forward then changed my mind on account that the OGAE members always tended to vote for the schlager, kitsch, anything sounding from Sweden type songs and anything else that get their undies wet (see the past OGAE poll voting). Therefore anything that i thought was decent wouldn't have got shortlisted. From what i call of the selection process i think it was 25 OGAE members was selected to listen to a certain number of songs and select 5 that that they liked and a certain number then proceeded to the next round. Then in round 2 a smaller number of OGAE members (different members) who were not chosen for the 1st round then did the choosing. The top 10 i think were then chosen. Whether there will be a National Final with these 10 or if these 10 are shortlisted down to a lesser number (by the beeb) to participate in a National Final i don't know but the the chosen entries should be revealed anytime now.

There were just over 100 members who put their name down for the selecting process so there had to be some kind of lottery to choose from and they had to be selected for the requirements of age, sex, location of area etc. Perhaps next year i may put my name down next year but i shall see what the entries for the National Final got picked by the OGAE members before i decide.

By:
Corbyguy
When: 13 Jan 16 20:27
Here is one song that got rejected in the UK selection process. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Daj3WKcP76w
By:
Corbyguy
When: 15 Jan 16 14:55
Listen to the 12 songs competing in the 2 semi finals for Iceland here: http://www.esc-plus.com/iceland-listen-to-the-songs-competing-at-songvakeppnin-2016/

1st semi final will be on 6th February, 2nd semi final will be on 13th February and the final will be on 20th February.

Three acts will go through to the national final from each semi-final with a seventh finalist being chosen from the non-qualifiers. The songs will be performed in Icelandic language at the semi-finals, but in the Grand Final all the competing songs must be performed in the language that the artist intends to perform the song in Stockholm.
By:
Corbyguy
When: 15 Jan 16 21:39
Belgium will hold their National Final on 17 January. 5 songs will perform in the final which you can listen to all 5 entries online here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XqSBip8h2s&list=PLkCCQjnfdUhpIZ_oovHIOALyaynwbMXst
By:
Corbyguy
When: 15 Jan 16 21:48
Malta semi final on 22 January with 20 songs. listen to all 20 songs online here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhbiQpIhjLA&list=PLOnuvQKCHNY11xtLPu7MDEx8wqXH2Z-vJ

14 songs will proceed to the final to be held on 23 January.
By:
SUNSHINE HEAD
When: 16 Jan 16 11:39
I w0uld love to know why nobody is tipping anything up. Your cards are firmly stuck to your chests - just like mine - you clever lot of people. Excited
By:
timbuctooth
When: 16 Jan 16 11:42
We`re `clever`; 5.0
We have no idea; 1.25
By:
SUNSHINE HEAD
When: 16 Jan 16 11:44
I will take the 5.0 to 10K my friend.
By:
SUNSHINE HEAD
When: 16 Jan 16 11:47
Hope you are well anyway Tim in this awful cold weather.Excited
By:
bearcub
When: 16 Jan 16 11:47
Cheers for the posts Corby
By:
SUNSHINE HEAD
When: 16 Jan 16 11:48
Hope you are all wellHappy
By:
timbuctooth
When: 16 Jan 16 11:52
Hey, Sunshine, welcome back. Thanks for the thought, but I`m on holiday, and enjoying 30+ degrees. In fact, just off out to top up the tan.
By:
bearcub
When: 16 Jan 16 12:07
#Score
By:
Tom_Ato
When: 16 Jan 16 12:41

Jan 16, 2016 -- 11:52AM, timbuctooth wrote:

Hey, Sunshine, welcome back. Thanks for the thought, but I`m on holiday, and enjoying 30+ degrees. In fact, just off out to top up the tan.

are you wearing trunks or shorts?

By:
Tom_Ato
When: 16 Jan 16 12:42
asking for a friend Plain
By:
five leaves left
When: 16 Jan 16 12:46
Is it marrow?
By:
five leaves left
When: 16 Jan 16 12:47
btw cheers for the updates corby. I've not really looked at Eurovision yet. It appears I have an awful lot to catch up on...and hi Sunshine Cool
By:
Corbyguy
When: 16 Jan 16 14:02

Jan 16, 2016 -- 11:47AM, bearcub wrote:

Cheers for the posts Corby

You are welcome Bear. Will you be in Stockholm for the contest?

Page 1 of 65  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 65 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com