Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
hemsby
22 Sep 15 16:18
| Topic/replies: 46,076 | Blogger: hemsby's blog
I've been tipped the wink by my source in Ghana that these 2 likable lads have made the Judges House stage.

Currently trading 40+ on betfair,they are the only act in the competition likely to add any fun or vigour to the live shows,and as such I'm hopeful they are allowed to progress.

On my tissue they are 4/6 to make the lives,and 16/1 when through so 40+ represents a value punt.

I'm Ghana be rich Cool
Pause Switch to Standard View ***The Menn On Poinnt Ghanaian...
Show More
Report hemsby December 4, 2015 12:20 AM GMT
Just caught up.

Locked Away confirmed for the first of the lads songs,sounds like the latter one will be the usual feelgood / big production number.

I really like Locked Away as their first choice (180 million YouTube views in such a short space of time show the songs popularity ).....it will showcase a different side to them which TBH is needed at this stage.I'd expect the preceding  VT to heavily feature their wives and the song dedicated to them.

Good also to finish on the big  traditional RnB style number .....I'm actually feeling quite confident about this weekend Cool

Choo Choo !
Report armagnac December 4, 2015 9:04 AM GMT
looks a great choice Cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GUm5g8SG4o
Report hemsby December 4, 2015 12:34 PM GMT
Reggie 'N' Bollie Locked Away - R City Ft. Adam Levine I Gotta Feeling / I Like To Move It - Black Eyed Peas / Reel 2 Real

I gotta feeling that tomorrow's gonna be a good night
That tomorrow's gonna be a good night
That tomorrow's gonna be a good good night

Tomorrow's  the night
Let's live it up
I got my money
Let's spend it up

Cool
Report mach December 4, 2015 2:25 PM GMT
Louisa knows

Louisa Johnson ‏@louisa  2m2 minutes ago
OHHHHHH my god!!! Reggie and bollies performance this week is gonna be SICKKKKKKK
Report hemsby December 4, 2015 3:49 PM GMT
Cheers mach Cool

No doubt she's sitting watching rehearsals.

She tweeted something similar a few weeks ago about RnB.....just before they smashed the 1D song Cool
Report mach December 4, 2015 5:30 PM GMT
great clip of the boys performing their 2nd song, the go-kart is going all the way

http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/update/2015-12-04/do-reggie-and-bollie-have-the-x-factor/?
Report hemsby December 4, 2015 9:10 PM GMT
Cool
Report hemsby December 6, 2015 11:51 PM GMT
It's Ghana be an exciting week leading up to the final Grin

Che obviously irrelevant in the final,leaving it as expected as a H2H between the only two acts who haven't hit B2 all series ....RnB v Louisa.

The market seems very unlikely to take RnB's chances seriously,and therefore I'll probably be forced into being level on Louisa & jackpot green on RnB come next weekend.

Pretty sure RnB are going to go down a storm in the arena atmosphere of Wembley next weekend.....and I'm hopeful this transfers through to the TV voting audience.

Hoping they reprise the 1D mash up of Shut up and Dance/ What makes you Beautiful or failing that this weekend's I gotta Feeling / I like to Move it Move it........duet partner will be interesting and perhaps give an idea of whether they are going to be allowed an opportunity to win.

However it turns out,it's been a good craic throughout all these weeks.......and for the moment anyway,the jackpot dream lives on.

Choo Choo !
Report Danzaa December 6, 2015 11:52 PM GMT
I'm big on RnB but my feeling is that the celeb duet and especially the winner's track will send their vote downhill massively.
Report hemsby December 6, 2015 11:54 PM GMT
Cowell very positive about RnB's winners single Danz....I'm not concerned about that TBH.
Report mach December 7, 2015 12:06 AM GMT
I hope we get SHAGGY - IT WASNT ME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g5Hz17C4is
Report scampi December 7, 2015 12:48 AM GMT
Well considering Vicky managed to win IAC (because of the app voting- no way the old phone voters would have wanted her to win especially after Ferne doing that eating Trial) I think this proves that the under 35's  are going to determine this year's winner of X Factor.With Reggie & Bollie and Louisa equal on Twitter but Reggie and Bollie clearly leading on Facebook (by 2812 likes to Louisa 1540 likes) it's clear the under 35's prefer R&B. So at the odds (5.2/1) R& B are huge value.
Report scampi December 7, 2015 3:25 AM GMT
God help up bettors- after that IAC result (must have been mainly youngsters voting because of the app voting) .

[If Reggie & Bollie and Louisa are Final 2 - neither have been in bottom 2 before]
So with regards to X Factor, we've got menopausal (I couldn't spell ?neurotic) young women,  deciding between a staid, pretty 17 year old with an old-fashioned voice (who they might be jealous of) and 2 good-looking blokes (in my girlfriends opinion) who are full of energy and quite current.

Now who might they vote for?
Report scampi December 7, 2015 3:46 AM GMT
* pre-menopausal
Report hemsby December 7, 2015 4:40 PM GMT
RnB looking to mop (you see what I did there ? ) up the fanatical Geordie vote by appearing in Newcastle tonight......

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/reggie-n-bollie-arrive-newcastle-10558886
Report bardo December 7, 2015 6:52 PM GMT
dont you guys get it

The only reason Reggie and Bollie have been allowed to get to the final is to ensure that Louisa wins..

They are absolutely threat to their golden girl

you lot who actually believe that they could actually win are clearly deluded.

ask yourselves this.. if they really bad a realistic chance of winning then are they 5-1 and why Louisa as low as 1-7

thinking that they could win because they have more facebook likes is really clutching at straws
Report five leaves left December 7, 2015 7:12 PM GMT
No one thought they could get to the final or be top group Cool A great shout whatever happens in the final
Report LendUsAFiver December 7, 2015 7:14 PM GMT
Where are you supposed to look?

Positives:
Constantly trending top on twitter during the show.
Never been B2
Top performance likes on Facebook consistently.
Attracting the younger free app voters.

Negatives:
Lower followers on all social networks 9k less than lou in facebook - 200k less on instagram - 80k less on Twitter
Not polling well now.

There are pros and conns to everything but it's looking pretty good for Louisa to be fair.
Report LendUsAFiver December 7, 2015 7:17 PM GMT
Very high negative social 'chatter'
Report bardo December 7, 2015 7:18 PM GMT
on social media they are loved by many... that much is true..but there are far more negative comments than positive

they are a joke act.. first act ever to get to the final for jumping around on stage rather than singing Laugh
Report LendUsAFiver December 7, 2015 7:23 PM GMT
When an act leaves the show their supporters are blaming RNB for still being there instead of their favourite act, this is leading them to support Louisa or Any Other in the emotional rage...On the contrary they should maybe be supporting RNB to teach the tricksters a lesson.
Report Jack Bauer '24' December 7, 2015 7:26 PM GMT
They favoured RnB over 4th Impact because they feared millions of app votes from the Far East would mean their chosen one being beaten in the final and there would have been issues with cancelling votes from abroad etc. Now it's a walkover.
Report five leaves left December 7, 2015 7:28 PM GMT
I doubt 4th Impact were ever a danger to anyone. They're worse singers than RnB
Report LendUsAFiver December 7, 2015 7:29 PM GMT
sentiment in the past 8 hours has been 75% in favour of RnB...Another positive. Which analytical model should you support? The game changes every year.
Report Jack Bauer '24' December 7, 2015 7:30 PM GMT
Singing is irrelevant if they are in the final and millions of fanatics in the Far East manage to register their votes.
Report LendUsAFiver December 7, 2015 7:30 PM GMT
figgy is turning into the forum troll. 4th Impact worse singers than RnB?
Report Jack Bauer '24' December 7, 2015 7:33 PM GMT
They feared the "Corbyn effect".
Report johnnyrant December 7, 2015 7:34 PM GMT
Fig's right. 4th Impact were vocally shocking. Like screeching cats when they tried to go into the higher register; never able to properly harmonize. Just dreadful.
Report five leaves left December 7, 2015 7:35 PM GMT
Yes, they're dire LUAF. Like a bunch of screeching cats
Report five leaves left December 7, 2015 7:35 PM GMT
lol snap jr
Report johnnyrant December 7, 2015 7:37 PM GMT
Laugh
Report LendUsAFiver December 7, 2015 7:38 PM GMT
worse than R'n'B?
Report LendUsAFiver December 7, 2015 7:40 PM GMT
They could dance. Singing wasn't perfect but surely better than RNB?
Report squares December 7, 2015 7:45 PM GMT
JR and Loaves getting a bit offensive imo
Report squares December 7, 2015 7:45 PM GMT
to my cat
Report squares December 7, 2015 7:46 PM GMT
at least her yowling is in tune
Report five leaves left December 7, 2015 7:54 PM GMT
Laugh
Report five leaves left December 7, 2015 7:54 PM GMT
You're starting to sound like Lou, LUAF
Report hemsby December 7, 2015 9:16 PM GMT
Very amusing to see posters like bardo and Jack come on this thread to run RnB down.

bardo has suddenly appeared on the XF topics from Saturday when Lou was approx 1.4 to win.....really insightful and fantastic tipping sir,take a bow Plain

Jack has continuously been against RnB since the start,calling 4th Impact as the alpha/top group,and now they have been eliminated suggests it was some kind of voting irregularity to stop a Far East bloc vote Laugh.....what happened when they got eliminated then ? Why didn't the Far East vote get them through ? You think cancelling a Far East vote in the week they went out is less detectable than cancelling it in a final ? Absolute rubbish.

It's been a great ride on the Go-Kart and anyone who got on early has the opportunity to cash out now at a nice profit.

Good luck to the nay sayers who are saying they won't win.....you're basically tipping up a 1/7 shot.....real neck on the line stuff.
Report bardo December 7, 2015 9:25 PM GMT
Hemsby... i havent suddenly appeared since saturday

I have been on Betfair for over 10 years and been a regular contributor on the X factor forum for the last 6 years

so get your facts straight pal
Report hemsby December 7, 2015 9:27 PM GMT
Read the post again.

You appeared on the XF topic on Saturday saying a 1.4 shot would win.
Report bardo December 7, 2015 9:35 PM GMT
and Hemsby....it needs to be pointed out to you that its called a forum for a reason... so people can share different points of view

not everyone shares the same opinions as you...

you seem to get upset when other people post something that you disagree with

who the hell do you think you are to question others the right to post their views on here

as I said Its called a forum... so happy postingWink
Report hemsby December 7, 2015 9:42 PM GMT
You are correct,it is a forum where people share views.

I shared my view in my OP that an act priced at 40+ has a chance of winning.

You've shared your view that a 7/1 shot won't win.

You've also shared your view that a 1.15 shot will win.

Thanks for your insight.
Report Jack Bauer '24' December 7, 2015 9:56 PM GMT
I didn't call them the alpha group at any stage. That is simply incorrect. I made one post on this thread saying Cowell would be silly to favour RnB over 4th Impact as they would have commercial potential in the Far East.

RnB have no long term commercial potential other than short term success as a novelty act, imo. It is my belief that Cowell was afraid that had 4 Impact got to the final with all the media attention and hype in the Far East that would have subsequently followed, they would have posed a much bigger threat to Louisa so he decided to back RnB as top group instead to guarantee victory for the chosen one.
Report Jack Bauer '24' December 7, 2015 10:00 PM GMT
And bardo hasn't suddenly appeared. He has posted for years. He may not post that often but he is a very good judge on XF and BB.
Report bardo December 7, 2015 10:12 PM GMT
Cheers for vouching for me jack !Wink

Hemsby...I have posted about Louisa since the start of the series... long before she was 1.15

I have been posting regularly each week..

I can send you proof of that if you want !Laugh

were all on the same team here.. we all want to make some money out of this..

all i am saying is that you need to allow other people to have their say and express their opinion without shouting them down and throwing the toys out of the pram
Report hemsby December 7, 2015 10:16 PM GMT
I'm not going to trawl through the numerous threads Jack,but you have posted on numerous occasions about RnB's chances .....always negatively.

You also made posts about 4th Impact....mostly positively.I distinctly remember one post which said they would be Top Group.You may not have used the specific words "alpha group" but the sentiment was the same.

They are now in the final,having never been B2....and you are still posting negativity.

In regards to bardo,I have never said he suddenly appeared....I said he suddenly appeared on the XF topics on Saturday.....making numerous posts on the live IR thread about how a 1.4 shot was going to win.You are of course entitled to your view about whether that constitutes being a "very good judge".
Report squares December 7, 2015 10:16 PM GMT
i agree that bardo is a long term poster so you should let him go one step further Grin
Report hemsby December 7, 2015 10:18 PM GMT
bardo you have come on my thread and done precisely what you accuse me of......I'm surprised you can't see the irony of your accusation.
Report Jack Bauer '24' December 7, 2015 10:28 PM GMT
I'm not going to trawl through the numerous threads Jack,but you have posted on numerous occasions about RnB's chances .....always negatively.

You also made posts about 4th Impact....mostly positively.I distinctly remember one post which said they would be Top Group.You may not have used the specific words "alpha group" but the sentiment was the same.

Nonsense again I'm afraid. I have made a total of two posts on this thread. The one I referred to above and another saying "bottom three this week".

I have made no posts about 4th Impact other than a simple post saying "top group" on one of the live threads after their performance. My description of bardo as a good judge is based on postings in the past long before you became a regular.
Report bardo December 7, 2015 10:33 PM GMT
oh Hemsby Laugh...fair enough you started the thread.. and fair play to you. it was a great call...

forgive me for posting on "your" thread !! ..... maybe i should ask for permission in future !!!

look mate best of luck to you... i genuinely hope you make a few quid..

END OF
Report five leaves left December 7, 2015 10:38 PM GMT
It's a myth that 4th impact are huge anywhere. They just a few thousand very vocal fans on the internet.
I bet Cowell doesn't even sign them.
They tried to make it big in the far east and failed. They have dozen of similar groups there already
As for the UK or states, you're having a laugh

A 'massive' 6000 people have signed a petition since they were booted off asking cowell to sign them Grin
https://www.change.org/p/sony-simon-cowell-louis-tomlinson-sign-4th-impact-82adc294-a60e-493e-96d8-70c155b3b9fa

RnB will make him far more money
Report Jack Bauer '24' December 7, 2015 10:40 PM GMT
I don't think he has ever been particularly interested in any act other than Louisa.
Report five leaves left December 7, 2015 10:42 PM GMT
So why say they have enormous commercial potential in the far east, or anywhere, when they clearly don't
Report bardo December 7, 2015 10:45 PM GMT
by the way i think that the X factor single has a great shot to be xmas number 1.. still available at 11/8

that VT footage of the sick children will have been seen by millions on last nights show..
Report five leaves left December 7, 2015 10:45 PM GMT
They have a conveyor belt of these type of acts in the Far East. I don't see why they'd want one back that they've rejected before and have now been rejected by the GBP
Report Jack Bauer '24' December 7, 2015 10:46 PM GMT
Because I believe had they got to the final they could have had huge commercial potential in the Far East with the correct management but Cowell seemingly wasn't interested.
Report five leaves left December 7, 2015 10:46 PM GMT

Dec 7, 2015 -- 10:45PM, bardo wrote:

by the way i think that the X factor single has a great shot to be xmas number 1.. still available at 11/8 that VT footage of the sick children will have been seen by millions on last nights show..

More people watched Matt Baker on Countryfile

Report hemsby December 7, 2015 10:47 PM GMT
Jack...last post on the subject from me.

You've said you posted" B3 this week " for RnB and also that you posted "top group" on a live thread for 4th Impact.I think that proves what I posted was correct.

It's a forum....we are all entitled to our opinions and we are never always going to agree.

My original problem this evening was that bardo posted that anyone thinking RnB could win was "clearly deluded" ....I responded to that post.I was then ironically accused of shouting people down....precisely what that post had done.

i respect everyone's opinion on here,and am happy to discuss the relative merits of any act.

No reason for any of us to fall out over opinions on a RTV show.....GL with your bets.
Report Jack Bauer '24' December 7, 2015 10:58 PM GMT
You implied I have made numerous postings supporting 4th Impact, calling them the Alpha group etc, which is simply not true. I made one simple post saying top group on the live thread having been reasonably impressed with their performance.

The implication that I am vociferously anti RnB is simply not true. I like them but I just don't think they can win. They have managed to get to the final and defied my expectations so have done very well. Well done with your train, just don't forget to green up. Cool
Report Jack Bauer '24' December 7, 2015 11:19 PM GMT
RnB's biggest hope like 4th Impact would be foreign votes that manage top get through undetected. If that happens they may well cause an upset.
Report armagnac December 7, 2015 11:49 PM GMT
wow, missed a great night here
few people seem to have misplaced there haribo's Laugh
Report hemsby December 8, 2015 12:04 AM GMT
Blush

Back on topic after my Kevin Keegan moment BlushBlushBlush

Worth just mentioning that the Tellymix poll appears to have been hacked again.It currently has RnB leading which (unfortunately for me) is almost certainly false.

It's unfortunate that the Tellymix poll has become so unreliable .....it used to be a fairly useful aid.Iirc the last time I looked,Louisa was on just over 50%.

RnB doing OK on the DS forum poll though.....a sure sign they won't win Grin

Poll Results: Your Winner?
Che        18    13.64%
Reggie N Bollie        55    41.67%
Louisa        59    44.70%
Voters: 132.
Report armagnac December 8, 2015 12:14 AM GMT
'i'd love it if they win, i tell ya, i'd love it' Cool

i suspect some of RnB's support there, is more protest votes but surely that echo's around the country too.
i think its a lot closer than the market is suggesting, also think there is far more reasons to vote for RnB than the other two.
still still an exciting weekend ahead, with a possible market upset
Report LendUsAFiver December 8, 2015 3:05 PM GMT
Have faith in the girls vote...jealousy is a very powerful human emotion.
Report armagnac December 8, 2015 3:08 PM GMT
very true stat man, girls record in this show is abysmal
says it all
Report LendUsAFiver December 8, 2015 4:47 PM GMT
Surprised she got to the final, she has done really well.
Report mach December 11, 2015 7:11 PM GMT
The NME as broken for RnB

The X Factor – Why Only Reggie 'N' Bollie Winning Can Save The Ailing TV Show
http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/the-x-factor-why-only-reggie-n-bollie-winning-can-save-the-ailing-tv-show?#3X9zJaX0PDc5rZii.99
Report Angela Rebecchi December 13, 2015 9:46 PM GMT

Nov 17, 2015 -- 12:25PM, Angela Rebecchi wrote:

Why do people quote YouTube hits? Diani Vickers had the highest ever in her first 2 weeks and yet wasn't even top of the votes. Can't comprehend how anyone has backed these guys at single figures, suggestions of them actually winning is ridiculous.

Cool

Report Angela Rebecchi December 13, 2015 9:46 PM GMT

Nov 29, 2015 -- 10:46PM, Angela Rebecchi wrote:

If I'm not going to get my payout on Louisa I'm pleased you're going to land a monster coup here and I'll be the first to say well done and admit I was horribly wrong. I just think they're great entertainment but Cowell knows they'll get beat easy by Louisa.

Cool

Report Angela Rebecchi December 13, 2015 9:47 PM GMT

Nov 29, 2015 -- 9:56PM, Angela Rebecchi wrote:

2 horse race  where 1 horse will be laced with lasix and the other will be given top weight and given sleeping pills before the race

Laugh

Report squares December 13, 2015 9:57 PM GMT
UL hems

great call back in September

great start for the lads tonight and felt for them at the end
Report bearcub December 13, 2015 10:02 PM GMT
Good call hems Cool
Report hemsby December 13, 2015 10:08 PM GMT
Thanks guys.

Enjoyed the fun and banter .....my favourite train that I've ever driven,despite them not winning.

I'd like to finish the thread by apologising to Jack and bardo for an unwarranted outburst.....out of character I hope Blush
Report timbuctooth December 13, 2015 10:10 PM GMT
Well, provided some fun, at least! Plenty of tradeability, just not quite to be.
Report Angela Rebecchi December 13, 2015 10:10 PM GMT
100.0 tip hitting 6.0 is effectively backing a 16.0 winner so massive shout out to you hemsby, very well played.
Report Angela Rebecchi December 13, 2015 10:11 PM GMT
My main play was a DnB of Louisa vs Che and then smashing Louisa tonight 1.17, I'd have made more and risked much less trading RnB hemsby style. Good work dude.
Report George Bailey December 13, 2015 10:11 PM GMT
Great shout hemsby...just wish I had got on earlier...nibble at 40/1 best I did
Report bearcub December 13, 2015 10:12 PM GMT
Rmb you're such a boring little sycophant Cry
Report Angela Rebecchi December 13, 2015 10:13 PM GMT
You're a star cubby LoveLaughCool
Report GeorgeBrush December 13, 2015 10:16 PM GMT
well done hems, hit 5.4? great tip
Report Jack Bauer '24' December 13, 2015 10:19 PM GMT
No need to apologise, Hemsby. Cool

Great early call, I wish I'd jumped on this train at big prices.
Report lookingon December 13, 2015 10:21 PM GMT
Hems CoolCoolLove
Report five leaves left December 13, 2015 10:24 PM GMT
wp hems Cool
Report mach December 13, 2015 10:25 PM GMT
quality train, no doubt your belief in these guys to get as far as they did
Report GeorgeBrush December 13, 2015 10:28 PM GMT
i got some 140. then layed it at 100 :(
Report bearcub December 13, 2015 10:30 PM GMT
Aftertimer
Report GeorgeBrush December 13, 2015 10:33 PM GMT
Grin
Report scampi December 14, 2015 4:09 AM GMT
Great shout Hemsby- a fair playing field they would have won I reckon - so you're my vote for FOTY!
Report ahorsewithnoname December 14, 2015 9:06 AM GMT
You have my vote too hems Happy

Great shout, shame it fell at the last
Report bearcub December 14, 2015 10:23 AM GMT
CryCryCryCryCryCry
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 14, 2015 11:30 AM GMT
Good shout.  They must have been a big price for top group.  Hope you had some on that.
Report Henry VIII December 14, 2015 11:49 AM GMT

Dec 14, 2015 -- 4:09AM, scampi wrote:

Great shout Hemsby- a fair playing field they would have won I reckon - so you're my vote for FOTY!

I take it FOTY ends 31/12/15 so yes then Hems.

(Although my memory doesn't go back beyond this month.)

Report lookingon December 14, 2015 11:59 AM GMT
Hems or Horse for me for all the hard work he puts into the Price watch threads Love
Report bearcub December 14, 2015 2:25 PM GMT
CryCryCryCryCryCry
Report timbuctooth December 14, 2015 2:34 PM GMT
bear, getting worried there`s a campaign developing for hemsby? Or are they just him posting under his other account names?
Report squares January 7, 2016 7:04 PM GMT
Forum Bash Sorted Plain

Sat 30th Jan Norwich
Sun 31st Jan Ipswich

what has East Angular done to deserve this?

Reggie 'n Bollie
Andy Abraham
Rough Copy
BGT's Gabz
Michael Andre (from Brighton, Pete's bro, Hair Stylist and also DJ on Pete's tour and at TOWIE's Sugar Hut)

at least Hems will be there ExcitedCool
Report hemsby January 7, 2016 7:09 PM GMT
I'd rather go to that than a Louisa concert Grin
Report George Bailey January 7, 2016 7:17 PM GMT
Louisa who?
Report squares January 12, 2016 9:30 AM GMT
Summer forum meet up at HQ

Introducing Summer Saturday Live with Little Mix on 27th August 2016!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com