Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 445 comments are related to the topic:
next crystal palace manager

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 6 of 12  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | ... | 12 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 445
By:
Horangi.
When: 11 Nov 13 22:52
Meulensteen coming in.  Completely exposed on him, hope not. Sad 

See the mirror article claiming he's being looked out but it still seems strange to me.  Dodgy managerial experience and just committed to Qatar as their technical director (whatever that is).  I'd think Mike Phelan would be more suitable than Meulensteen.
By:
bearcub
When: 11 Nov 13 23:30
Rene Meulensteen ‏@meulensteen_r 10 Nov

“@ffc1992: @meulensteen_r #AskRene Would you be interested in a return to the premier league anytime soon?” Of course!
By:
Horangi.
When: 11 Nov 13 23:38
ay ay, this market is proving more disastrous for me than the Pooyet saga.  I see Dowie even coming in, time to "re-structure" my bankroll again. ffs lol
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 12 Nov 13 00:09
How are you sitting on Ronny Delia? green?
By:
Horangi.
When: 12 Nov 13 02:18
Who?  Surely not. Wink
By:
Horangi.
When: 12 Nov 13 13:21
Palace taking their sweet time.  Either waiting for somebody or genuinely still evaluating new options every day.  Hard to see Karanka holding around evens if this drags on another week or even a few more days.

As such, Browett said the appointment may not come until later this week or possibly even early next week, while he said caretaker manager Keith Millen has the board’s backing in the meantime.

He said: “We would like to get a manager in place and settled before the Hull game, but if for some strange reason we don’t, we have every confidence in Keith to put out a team that will fight tooth and nail to get a result.”
By:
Horangi.
When: 12 Nov 13 13:54
Well Karanka odds certainly not going to hold if he's going to Boro. lol

Guessing Parish met with Meulensteen yesterday as well then.
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 12 Nov 13 15:59
I should have got interested in this. every man and his dog has traded odds on
By:
wisewords
When: 12 Nov 13 16:00

Oct 24, 2013 -- 5:11PM, wisewords wrote:

might go for something mental like Rene Meulensteen. He's been sniffing around for a job

Oh what could have been...

By:
Horangi.
When: 12 Nov 13 16:04
Does appear to be heading Meulensteen's way.  Doesn't seem a great fit but I guess a lot of these appointments come down to relationships.  Read a message somewhere that Moody and Meulensteen know each other.

Poster at a CPFC board claims Meulensteen has been a Selhurst Park this week.  Parish left the country yesterday, now Moody reported off.  Moody does the contract stuff so putting 2 and 2 together maybe just trying to hammer out the details with the Qatar association.  Betting certainly suggests he's deeply involved.
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 12 Nov 13 17:44
He's apparently not going to Qatar now.
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 12 Nov 13 17:46

Nov 12, 2013 -- 3:59PM, GeorgeBrush wrote:

I should have got interested in this. every man and his dog has traded odds on

Yes.  I didn't anticipate this would be a good market but it is.

By:
Horangi.
When: 12 Nov 13 18:08
Why is Petrescu at the top of the market list? Laugh
By:
Horangi.
When: 12 Nov 13 18:25
Puzzled why Petrescu is being traded at these levels.  Just started in Moscow and on big wages there.  No links and makes no sense at all.
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 13 Nov 13 00:03
The Petrescue link has turned up in a rather vague article for the mirror
By:
nigelpm1
When: 13 Nov 13 00:08
Utterly wild this one.  Laid every fave today. Huge green on field. Basically no one has a clue
By:
Horangi.
When: 13 Nov 13 00:09
Don't doubt Parish met Petrescu, he seems to have had a chat with anybody who has a pulse.  This search is truly that, a search.  They don't seem to have any clue at all.  Dowie was talked to?  wtf 

Somebody now says they tried to get in contact with Strammacioni.  Utter madness.
By:
Horangi.
When: 13 Nov 13 00:12
Of all the names being tossed around personally I'd say they should go hard for that Norwegian club.  Perfect fit if he's willing to come.  Built up Stromsgodset on a budget and plays the style they want. 

Probably end up with them begging Coleman to come.
By:
nigelpm1
When: 13 Nov 13 00:15
Coleman gone to Wales. That one is over.
By:
Horangi.
When: 13 Nov 13 00:24
Don't know why they're going on this worldwide search.  Should just poach Dyche and they'd be fine.
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 13 Nov 13 07:38

Nov 13, 2013 -- 12:15AM, nigelpm1 wrote:

I didn't think he had signed.  Expected to sign but not actually signed is the latest I have.

By:
nigelpm1
When: 13 Nov 13 07:45
You are right but just t&c's apparently.
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 13 Nov 13 08:09

Nov 13, 2013 -- 7:45AM, nigelpm1 wrote:

You are right but just t&c's apparently.

I'm a follower of the fat singing lady philosophy.

By:
Horangi.
When: 13 Nov 13 13:44
So another lead fav bites the dust.  And informed/uninformed big money on Petrescu now.  The beat goes on.
By:
Horangi.
When: 13 Nov 13 14:05
So Petrescu who's just recently started a new job and is being paid handsomely is going to get up and rush to Crystal Palace (who are in all probability going to be relegated) and take less money to do so.  And he's either going to have to resign or Palace will pay decent compo.  And I notice Petrescu has been well backed financially at his clubs and is used to challenging for the top of the table. 

This candidate trades at just above evens?  Sure its possible but at this price I cannot see why anybody would be interested.
By:
donny osmond
When: 13 Nov 13 15:38
daily mirror readers not doing too well in this market ?
By:
ash cpfc
When: 13 Nov 13 15:38
Personally still think it'll be Coleman, I can't see a foreign manager just coming in - doesn't fit with the owners.

Karl Robinson
Gary Megson
Stuart Pearce
Keith Millen - really reminding me of the Sunderland/Ricky Sbragia scenario of 2008

are the three that would probably accept

Of the others they won't be joining...

Dan Petrescu - same reasons as Horangi mentions
Pulis - wants to much
MacKay - won't walk out on Cardiff for a club in a worse position who are willing to spend less money
Dyche - Already had a good season with Burnley, no reason to think he'd want to leave that for the same money and potentially a swap in leagues
Dowie - EVERY premiership club he has managed has been relegated soon after
By:
Horangi.
When: 13 Nov 13 15:55
I don't think Coleman is a runner personally.  He might've been and I suppose if they're desperate and literally can't find anybody then maybe but I can't see it. 

My best guess right now is Sean Dyche.  He fits exactly what Parish has been talking about and despite what appears to be a sideways move or worse I think it makes sense.  From what I read Burnley is not in good shape financially and have a small squad as is, they will not be able to strengthen for a true promotion push.  At best they will do well to stay in the playoff spots.  Palace is the better job for the future.

Unless they've convinced somebody who seems unlikely to come, like a Straccammioni type, then I think they will do well to get Dyche.  Other British based names don't appear too desirable.  Only other British name I found interesting is Paul Tisdale but its probably too big a jump to happen.
By:
ash cpfc
When: 13 Nov 13 16:10
I wouldn't mind Dyche but I don't think he'd want relegation on his CV this early in his career

There were a few saying Burnley would go down this season, so a top half finish would be a good + for him

He knows they'll be jobs around in the summer, for eg; Norwich, Leicester, Watford, Palace, Fulham, Cardiff, Bolton, Blackburn are all jobs that could be in The Championship where he knows a Top 6 finish would be seen as a good result
By:
Horangi.
When: 13 Nov 13 16:17
Why not just take the Palace job now?  Palace board looking for a long term appointment, they'll give him a 3-4 year deal on higher wagers with nice bonuses for staying up/promotion.  Palace will have a good a shot as anybody of earning promotion next year.
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 13 Nov 13 19:07

Nov 13, 2013 -- 12:15AM, nigelpm1 wrote:

Cannot resist this comment Nige.

Coleman is now 6.8-9.0.  Shame we didn't bet a virtual pint on that one.Love

By:
Jim Duncan
When: 13 Nov 13 20:11

Nov 13, 2013 -- 12:08AM, nigelpm1 wrote:

Utterly wild this one.

By:
nigelpm1
When: 13 Nov 13 21:06
Price means naff all.  Market has no idea
By:
mugptr
When: 13 Nov 13 21:06
For me

Dyche or Mackay

But gut feeling stramaccioni but more lightly rangnick (red bull after all are apparently looking to get involved in prem)
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 13 Nov 13 21:12
Deja vu all over again
By:
bearcub
When: 13 Nov 13 21:27
Confirmed now Happy
By:
GeorgeBrush
When: 13 Nov 13 21:33
Nice to know you are a full member of the church bear