Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 445 comments are related to the topic:
next crystal palace manager

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 5 of 12  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | 12 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 445
By:
donny osmond
When: 07 Nov 13 12:59
not heard a thing

its an odd one

i rather hoped pardew jumping ship would be a sign of ashley departing

pardew has a cushy number up here, but perhaps he is on a low wage,
another option is that he is after a pay rise

i just dont see any sense in him going except as above.
By:
Horangi.
When: 07 Nov 13 13:04
He is Ashley's puppet, and now Kinnear is in overseeing his work.  Its very believable he want's out.
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 07 Nov 13 13:09
Alan Pardew odds for Crystal Palace job tumble
By Croydon Advertiser  |  Posted: November 07, 2013

Comments (0)
NEWCASTLE United boss Alan Pardew's odds to take over as the new Crystal Palace manager have tumbled this lunchtime.

A number of bookmakers had the former Eagles midfielder at 25/1, but as speculation hots up regarding the vacancy, the prices have tumbled down to as low as 10/1.

Co-chairman Steve Parish has previously stated that he would prefer not to put another club into "turmoil" by approaching someone already in a job.

Pardew currently has a long-term deal on Tyneside and has done a good job since taking over in 2010.

However, he does have a lot of contacts at Selhurst Park and an affinity for Palace too from his time as a player.

Furthermore, co-chairman Stephen Browett has exclusively told the Advertiser: "There is probably one we’d like the most but it’s a bit complicated at the moment."

This may suggest a move for Pardew is on the cards in regards to his Magpies contract

Read more: http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/Alan-Pardew-odds-Crystal-Palace-job-tumble/story-20048485-detail/story.html#ixzz2jxsvaGPE
By:
donny osmond
When: 07 Nov 13 13:10
kinnear is lucky if he can find his toothbrush in the morning, i doubt he does too much overseeing
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 07 Nov 13 13:12
Thanks donny, I cannot see Palace paying more than Newcastle.
By:
Horangi.
When: 07 Nov 13 13:13
Wouldn't you think his presence is somewhat humiliating Pardew?  Anyways have to see if his master Ashley lets him go or not.
By:
donny osmond
When: 07 Nov 13 13:18
i dont think pardew is the type to be humiliated, hes doing a job that not many would have accepted under the terms he has

of course there may be some reason why he wants to return to london but there is nothing in the papers about it up here
By:
Horangi.
When: 07 Nov 13 13:22
Day to day work environment can beat you down, honestly feel like Pardew isn't loving life in Toon land at the moment.  Ashley may be willing to settle his farcical contract if he isn't totally in love with him anymore. 

Don't think Palace would wait like this if they didn't think they have a realistic chance of getting him.  The other names that appear to be in the mix have been available from day one.
By:
donny osmond
When: 07 Nov 13 13:22
the bookies also know its an easy job to get pardew fav for the sack race and as hes the second longest
serving manager in league despite spending more than half that time as favourite to be next to go, must
be quite a little money spinner for them
By:
donny osmond
When: 07 Nov 13 13:26
old article but why would it have changed ?

Newcastle United have rubbished reports linking boss Alan Pardew with the vacant managerial position at Crystal Palace.

BT Sport understands the club undertook an internal review as a result of rumours suggesting Palace were keen on their former midfielder takingover as manager - and were told by Pardew and his agent there was no truth to them.

A source inside St James’ Park said on the eve of Newcastle’s massive Premier League game against Chelsea - live on BT Sport this Saturday lunchtime - “it’s nonsense and was news to Alan, the club and Alan’s agent and representative.

“The club are at a loss as to where it came from.  Suffice to say it’s not true.”

The media were told after the midweek defeat by Manchester City in the Capital One Cup that the headlines and rumours about Pardew and Palace were off-limits because they were “ludicrous” and not worth the manager even discussing them.

Newcastle’s clash with Chelsea and their trip to Spurs the following week could define their season - and arguably Pardew’s future - ahead of the latest international break.

Palace, meanwhile, have told BT Sport they are in no rush to appoint a successor to Ian Holloway and might even wait until after the international break.

The Eagles have been without a manager since parting company with Ian Holloway last week.

Pardew is now determined to fully focus on his uncanny ability to get a good result against Chelsea, challenging his players to match the performance when they beat the 2012 European Champions at St James’ Park in January.

i read that and assumed coleman !!!! free at end of nov ...innit
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 07 Nov 13 13:32
I don't know donny but people in jobs generally deny.
By:
Horangi.
When: 07 Nov 13 13:33
Means little, standard procedure to act confused and deny everything.
By:
donny osmond
When: 07 Nov 13 13:33
thats also very true
By:
Horangi.
When: 07 Nov 13 13:34
Remember when Ancelotti at a press conference said he had no contact a day or two before he was officially named Chelsea manager.  At the time of his denial his odds were sub 1.10 and all the papers had reported numerous meetings with Abramovich and that the deal was basically done. Laugh
By:
nigelpm1
When: 07 Nov 13 17:46
Really can't see Pardew, why leave a club better placed in PL unless they pay him much more?
By:
nigelpm1
When: 07 Nov 13 18:16

Nov 7, 2013 -- 1:32PM, ShirleyKnot wrote:

I don't know donny but people in jobs generally deny.

Agree with Donny.  Coleman is complicated - he is still under contract with Wales!  Pardew is hugely complicated - bordering on untenable.

By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 07 Nov 13 19:32
This cpfc bbs is interesting.  There is a co-owner/director answering fans questions.  The latest with his reply in bold:

4 Palace Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRev  View Post
Thank you Steve for your cander. It is truely refreshing!

I fully appreciate that you will not mention names in the mix for the job, but may I ask if there has been a timescale set for this? Originally the 'reports' in the papers said that we would continue to trust Keith with the 1st team for the WBA game, but even he said he's not the man to take us forward, so there was a lot of speculation that there would be a new man at the helm by the Everton game. I am assuming that no rush decision would be taken before then now, so is there a chance we will have someone in place after the international break?

It's pretty sure that nothing will be announced before Saturday. After that we have 2 weeks before the next game so it should be resolved then. I'd hope that we'll have chosen our man before Hull away.

Why Saturday you might ask?  I cannot think that could be a vital date for Pardew and it happens to be the day of Coleman's last game under his FAW contract.

As time goes on I am gradually becoming a disciple of TP's duck theory but not leaving myself short on Pardew either.
By:
nigelpm1
When: 07 Nov 13 19:53
Is that the classic http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck_test -  One of our old partners in CF used it all the time ;-)
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 07 Nov 13 20:00
Yes but always remembering that duck hunters bearing shotguns use duck calls.
By:
Horangi.
When: 07 Nov 13 20:01
Saturday is simply the day of their next match.  Nothing really telling about that comment.
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 07 Nov 13 20:10
Yep I was talking b*llocks, Saturday 16th is the critical date.
By:
nigelpm1
When: 07 Nov 13 22:06
Looks like the ducks are beginning to line up ;-)
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 08 Nov 13 09:57

Nov 7, 2013 -- 10:06PM, nigelpm1 wrote:

Looks like the ducks are beginning to line up ;-)

Laugh

By:
donny osmond
When: 08 Nov 13 11:29
a bit of a move
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 08 Nov 13 12:06
He's flying in for talks on Monday apparently.  That will be at least 2nd round talks.
By:
mach
When: 08 Nov 13 12:06
plenty of money for Aitor Karanka
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 08 Nov 13 12:19
& now they have put it in black & white http://www.croydonguardian.co.uk/news/10796381.BREAKING_NEWS__Crystal_Palace_fly_in_former_Real_Madrid_coach_for_management_talks/?ref=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 08 Nov 13 12:20
Link shortened by betfair, you will just have to go search it out.
By:
mach
When: 08 Nov 13 12:31
link works fine
By:
Horangi.
When: 08 Nov 13 12:51
All of Browett's comments lately talked about EPL experience and now Karanka in for more talks.  Either he's an idiot or just playing around on that message board.
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 08 Nov 13 13:39

Nov 8, 2013 -- 12:51PM, Horangi. wrote:

All of Browett's comments lately talked about EPL experience and now Karanka in for more talks.

By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 10 Nov 13 08:34
As Di Matteo is likely to open as one of the favourites for the Fulham job I ought to mention that I was told yesterday by an excellent sauce that it was highly unlikely that he is now still locked into a contract with Chelsea.
By:
nigelpm1
When: 10 Nov 13 11:00

Nov 10, 2013 -- 8:34AM, ShirleyKnot wrote:

As Di Matteo is likely to open as one of the favourites for the Fulham job I ought to mention that I was told yesterday by an excellent sauce that it was highly unlikely that he is now still locked into a contract with Chelsea.

Reckon Jol stays and hopefully he will for a bit longer as don't need two markets on the go and a full time job ;-)

By:
nigelpm1
When: 10 Nov 13 12:32
Strong statement from Mackay : http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24880925
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 10 Nov 13 17:46
Reckon Jol stays and hopefully he will for a bit longer as don't need two markets on the go and a full time job ;-)

You might have two.  Fulham & Newcastle.
By:
Horangi.
When: 10 Nov 13 18:19
So 3 or 4 left.  Guessing the uncertainty of the exact number probably means Malky and/or Pardew are somewhat in play, or were anyways.  Comments are from yesterday.  Throw in Karanka and that's probably at least 2.  Have a strong idea on one other, not sure who else could be in the mix. 

When asked how far away an appointment would be, Parish told talkSPORT: “Not as close as we’d like to be. I’m hoping we can get something done by Wednesday or Thursday but it depends on a number of factors.

“We’ve got to get it right and we have got a little bit of time with the international break, so hopefully we can do that.

“We’re down to three or four managers. We’re talking to them seriously about the situation about the situation and getting to the nitty gritty of what they believe in. It’s all moving forward.”
By:
nigelpm1
When: 10 Nov 13 19:24
The three presumably are Karanka, Coleman and Pulis.  Fourth perhaps Pardew - I'd be surprised though.
By:
nigelpm1
When: 10 Nov 13 19:24
Fourth could be Dyche actually.
By:
Horangi.
When: 11 Nov 13 15:36
Meulensteen moving a bit.  Don't really see that one, took another money job as technical director of Qatar very recently.
By:
wisewords
When: 11 Nov 13 15:49
I think Meulensteen is in line for the Fulham job. Jol's days are numbered.
Page 5 of 12  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | 12 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com