Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 445 comments are related to the topic:
next crystal palace manager

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 4 of 12  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 12 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 445
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 03 Nov 13 12:38
Richard Keys ‏@richardajkeys 5m
Coming on air on Al Jazeera Sport +10 and HD6 with Chris Coleman and Glenn Hoddle. Will get Chris's thoughts on Bale Ramsey and Crystal Pal
By:
Horangi.
When: 03 Nov 13 12:45
Sounds like Palace have lost their minds and may appoint Karanka.  Looks like Karanka or Coleman at this point.

Karanka zero experience in England and no managerial experience at all. I guess he will come cheap. lol
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 03 Nov 13 12:52
Zero experience is not really true is it Horangi?  Wiki him.

Target may have changed now to DoF + young manager, looks like they are putting Prem experience candidates on the backburner.
By:
Horangi.
When: 03 Nov 13 12:58
You counting the u16 managerial work?  Surely not! lol

Parish mentioned yesterday maybe something like exp. assistant + head of recruit to support manager.  Can only assume a younger manager. Both Coleman and Karanka fit the bill for that.  Honestly believe if it wasn't far the significant backlash against Coleman the board would've already appointed Cookie.  Think they are rethinking now that they know the bad reaction waiting.  Interesting to see which way they go.
By:
nigelpm1
When: 03 Nov 13 13:01
Karanka looks like potential good option but reckon they'll see sense and go Mr Mustard.
By:
nigelpm1
When: 03 Nov 13 13:01

Nov 3, 2013 -- 12:19PM, ShirleyKnot wrote:

Nov  3, 2013 -- 12:37PM, nigelpm1 wrote:Coleman moved in heavily with Sky, Victor, SJ and Coral - imagine someone has got wind of something.Bet you a virtual pint that Boyles will be back out to evens before 6:00pmLay

You're on.

By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 03 Nov 13 13:56

Nov 3, 2013 -- 12:58PM, Horangi. wrote:

You counting the u16 managerial work?  Surely not! lolParish mentioned yesterday maybe something like exp. assistant + head of recruit to support manager.  Can only assume a younger manager. Both Coleman and Karanka fit the bill for that.  Honestly believe if it wasn't far the significant backlash against Coleman the board would've already appointed Cookie.  Think they are rethinking now that they know the bad reaction waiting.  Interesting to see which way they go.

He was Mourinho's assistant manager at Real Madrid for 3 years, was he not?

By:
Horangi.
When: 03 Nov 13 14:11
Picking up balls on a training ground is managerial experience?  I guess he did get the media experience in as Mourinho seemed to throw him out there every time!
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 03 Nov 13 14:15
Richard Keys ‏@richardajkeys 8m
Chris Coleman tells us his contract with Wales expires at the end of November.

That seems to be the breaking news from Coleman's stint on Al Jazeera Sport, information that the FAW told the world when he signed the contract in the first place!  I assume he didn't say anything about CPFC
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 03 Nov 13 14:17

Nov 3, 2013 -- 2:11PM, Horangi. wrote:

Picking up balls on a training ground is managerial experience?

By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 03 Nov 13 14:17
Are you suggesting that 3 years experience under Mourinho is worthless and presumably also that no assistant managers should ever become managers?
By:
Horangi.
When: 03 Nov 13 14:31
I'm simply saying he has no managerial experience, which he doesn't.  Big difference between being part of a coaching staff to being manager.  Not saying he's not up to it but its certainly a risky choice.  How many first division sides have their manager on their first job?

Like boxers who spar with champions, nice to get the experience but doesn't mean you're going to succeed yourself.
By:
nigelpm1
When: 03 Nov 13 14:48
Horangi has a good point here.
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 03 Nov 13 14:52
How many first division sides have their manager on their first job?

EPL:  & off the top of my head:  Steve Clarke
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 03 Nov 13 14:53
Zola
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 03 Nov 13 14:53
Pearce
By:
Horangi.
When: 03 Nov 13 15:01
That's just three names out of hundreds, if not thousands.  Clarke and Pearce had extensive English appearance, Pearce a long time assistant of the very team who took over.  Only really Zola is in the same category, and at least he played in the country for several years.
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 03 Nov 13 16:11

Nov 3, 2013 -- 3:01PM, Horangi. wrote:

That's just three names out of hundreds, if not thousands.

By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 03 Nov 13 16:12
I don't believe you!  I cannot be *arsed helping you or arguing with you any more either Sad
By:
nigelpm1
When: 03 Nov 13 16:57

Nov 3, 2013 -- 12:19PM, ShirleyKnot wrote:

Nov  3, 2013 -- 12:37PM, nigelpm1 wrote:Coleman moved in heavily with Sky, Victor, SJ and Coral - imagine someone has got wind of something.Bet you a virtual pint that Boyles will be back out to evens before 6:00pmLay

An hour to go - still 1.73 - tick tock....  ;-)

By:
Horangi.
When: 03 Nov 13 18:06
Funny how the search goes from experienced Premier league experience to now no managerial experience. This board seems to really know what they want. lol
By:
Horangi.
When: 04 Nov 13 16:48
Board still seems to think they have a chance of surviving this season.  Keep talking about a manager who will keep them up.  Wonder if they are interested in buying some magic beans as well. ffs

Perhaps they can convince DiMatteo to come on board.  Take away the time he watched Chelsea's fluke ride to the Champions League title and his CV isn't incredible.  Don't doubt he feels he could get something better/bigger and he probably can.  However he has a young family that attends school in London and might be interested in the stability CP could offer him.
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 04 Nov 13 18:25
& he's in a lock in.

Oh sh*t I promised not to help you anymore didn't I?Sad
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 04 Nov 13 18:39
That's a shame, the money at 40.0 has just been pulled, I had just decided to run him very skinny and take the rest of that.

Hey hoPlain
By:
nigelpm1
When: 04 Nov 13 19:03
Di Matteo - absolutely no chuffing chance - my largest red by far - and I just took the 40! ;-)
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 04 Nov 13 19:29

Nov 4, 2013 -- 7:03PM, nigelpm1 wrote:

Di Matteo - absolutely no chuffing chance - my largest red by far - and I just took the 40! ;-)

Phah!

I was already skinny on him tbh, I was just keeping him with a bit of green in case I actually needed to back something.

By:
nigelpm1
When: 04 Nov 13 20:08
haha, someone dropped in £267 at 36 - almost like someone is reading these boards.
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 04 Nov 13 20:18
Hmm, I still have a bit to go so let's see if we can exploit that.  He's a 300.0 shot I reckon.
By:
nigelpm1
When: 04 Nov 13 20:36
If I hadn't dumped most of my coppers on Murray at 1.07 I'd be taking all of that out
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 04 Nov 13 20:43

Nov 4, 2013 -- 8:36PM, nigelpm1 wrote:

If I hadn't dumped most of my coppers on Murray at 1.07 I'd be taking all of that out

gsoh :~)

By:
nigelpm1
When: 04 Nov 13 20:45
I'm not joking - lol
By:
nigelpm1
When: 04 Nov 13 20:47
Tempting to lay Avram as well - really don't see it.
By:
Horangi.
When: 04 Nov 13 20:47
Happily getting a few coins matched near 50's before this lump showed up. Boo-urns.

Unlikely but I think its possible.
By:
nigelpm1
When: 04 Nov 13 20:49

Nov 4, 2013 -- 8:47PM, Horangi. wrote:

Happily getting a few coins matched near 50's before this lump showed up. Boo-urns.Unlikely but I think its possible.

You are certifiable HTH ;-)

By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 04 Nov 13 20:50

Nov 4, 2013 -- 8:45PM, nigelpm1 wrote:

I'm not joking - lol

Hey ho.  I take that as a compliment then  :~)

By:
Horangi.
When: 04 Nov 13 20:53
HTH? Know of HGH, good stuff.
By:
nigelpm1
When: 04 Nov 13 21:02
Looks like the good stuff.
By:
Horangi.
When: 04 Nov 13 21:06
Deer antler velvet, best quality.
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 07 Nov 13 12:10
The OP is a toongerine so any idea why Pardew is going shorter today for #cpfc and why he is going shorter in the sack race odds today donny?
By:
Horangi.
When: 07 Nov 13 12:58
Journo's have been linking Pardew for months. 

Latest quotes of Steve Browett are telling/shocking.  Sounds like they are back to premier league experience because they need the manager to get off and running on their epl survival. lol wtf  He can't be serious.  Seems to be hinting towards still wanting Coleman and maybe the holdup is to see if they can get Pardew first.  Two pathetic candidates to be sure.  I see McCleish also shortening, could be three woeful candidates to choose from.
Page 4 of 12  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 12 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com