Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
donny osmond
23 Oct 13 16:57
| Topic/replies: 85,197 | Blogger: donny osmond's blog
any palace fans into this sort of meerkat ?

shirley there must be at least one with ear to ground

good ere innit

pulis ?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 12  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 12 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 445
By:
Horangi.
When: 23 Oct 13 17:01
Going to nail this one like I did with Rangnick and Sunderland last time out.  Detective Horangi is on the case. Crazy
By:
bearcub
When: 23 Oct 13 17:37
Keep it to yourself Wink
By:
Horangi.
When: 23 Oct 13 17:38
You're going to miss some great laying opportunities then! Laugh
By:
Horangi.
When: 23 Oct 13 17:51
These quotes seem to be leaning to a Pulis type.  Not that Pulis and Holloway are close friends.  Almost as if he's stepping down to give Pulis a job.

Holloway says "Someone new coming in now with a tad more experience at this level will have 30 games left."

Parish says "Ian felt that a new approach might help keep us in the division."
By:
Horangi.
When: 23 Oct 13 17:52
Should be note they are friends.
By:
nigelpm1
When: 23 Oct 13 18:07
Yeah, Pulis would fit the bill however I don't reckon he'll want to get relegated.
By:
Horangi.
When: 23 Oct 13 18:17
Can't imagine Pulis is in high demand for top division jobs.  This is as good as it will get for him.

What other experienced managers are available?  Very few.
By:
nigelpm1
When: 23 Oct 13 18:19

Oct 23, 2013 -- 6:17PM, Horangi. wrote:

Can't imagine Pulis is in high demand for top division jobs.  This is as good as it will get for him.What other experienced managers are available?  Very few.

Agreed. I think he's a good shout here.  Certainly not laying him at any price!

By:
Horangi.
When: 23 Oct 13 18:22
Parish: "I think we both realised we need someone with more experience at this level."

Sounds like this market isn't going to offer a big payday.  Boo-urns.
By:
nigelpm1
When: 23 Oct 13 18:37

Oct 23, 2013 -- 6:22PM, Horangi. wrote:

Parish: "I think we both realised we need someone with more experience at this level."Sounds like this market isn't going to offer a big payday.  Boo-urns.

I'm sure we've said that before.  ;-)

By:
bearcub
When: 23 Oct 13 18:40
Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish has dropped a massive hint that former Stoke City boss Tony Pulis could replace departed Ian Holloway at Selhurst Park.

During a press conference – staged in central London – to formally announce the 50-year-old’s departure, Parish was quizzed on whether he already had a replacement lined up.

He admitted that he did not, and revealed that he would start the search for Holloway’s successor in the coming days – a process that he described as “horrible” – with current assistant manager Keith Millen set to take caretaker charge of the club for this weekend’s clash with Arsenal at Selhurst Park.

Yet when Pulis was suggested, Parish nodded before saying: “Tony’s never got relegated has he? He’s out of work as well.

“It’s not a bad shout.”

The club are currently languishing in 19th place in the league – having taken just three points from their opening eight games – and Holloway admitted he felt the time was right to step aside, as he feels “exhausted”.

He said: "This club needs an impetus of energy, but I just feel tired to be honest. I'm worn out.

"All I can do is be as honest as I can and wish everyone at the club well. I need a little bit of time to chill out with the family, but I will look out for Palace's scores.

“I could never work any harder than I have done.”
By:
nigelpm1
When: 23 Oct 13 18:44
Question is whether Pulis wants it. 

Not sure at this stage.  Wouldn't be overly surprised either way. 

Location of Selhurst Park makes this attractive to foreign managers as well being very close to London.
By:
Horangi.
When: 23 Oct 13 19:11
I think the real question is are they willing to give it to him.  Sure they'll be decent competition for the job, might take a couple weeks if they truly don't have anyone lined up.
By:
George Bailey
When: 23 Oct 13 19:11
Off topic but Mike Phelan has supposed to have been seen dining out with Steve Gibson at Middlesbrough...probably bollox
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 23 Oct 13 19:46
shirley there must be at least one with ear to ground

I cannot possibly imagine why you might conclude that I might know something about the next Palace meerkat donny. Happy
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 23 Oct 13 19:48
Unlike Short we can however expect the ultimate pragmatist Parish to make a logical sensible decision.
By:
Horangi.
When: 23 Oct 13 19:51
Avram Grant the new name, toss his name in the hat.  Fits the experienced criteria.
By:
nigelpm1
When: 23 Oct 13 19:51
Some money coming in for Avram Grant.  Don't really have a view on it.  Think that's going to be the case a lot of the time
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 23 Oct 13 19:53
There's an expectation that he will be fired from Fulham.  It would be a big leap for me to back him at odds this short on a hunch.
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 23 Oct 13 19:54
Always worth keeping an eye on the Sportbook.  Grant is 15.0 there, 7.4-11.5 on the Exchange.  Same meerkat rules betfair confirm earlier today
By:
nigelpm1
When: 23 Oct 13 19:55

Oct 23, 2013 -- 7:54PM, ShirleyKnot wrote:

Always worth keeping an eye on the Sportbook.

By:
nigelpm1
When: 23 Oct 13 19:56
mine turned off.  Stopped me betting long ago.
By:
Meat Loaf
When: 23 Oct 13 19:57
I see this as a straight fight between Pulis vs Curbishley. They have stated they want an "experienced Premier League manager"

Before people laugh Curishley will be a major player for this job. He did a brilliant job at Charlton (similar club to Palace) and went on to save West Ham from near certain relegation when he took over in December.

More importantly Palace is a London club - Curbishly will not move out of the south-east.

I've snapped up all the 66/1 I could have at Betvictor.
By:
nigelpm1
When: 23 Oct 13 19:59
Good logic.  I was thinking Curbishley myself.  He did a fantastic job at Charlton.
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 23 Oct 13 20:03

Oct 23, 2013 -- 7:56PM, nigelpm1 wrote:

mine turned off.

By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 23 Oct 13 20:03
Provided they don't take the p~ss they take your money Nige.
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 23 Oct 13 20:05
Yes ML Curbs would be logical. But I resist backing those who could be a good fit.
By:
nigelpm1
When: 23 Oct 13 20:05
They wouldn't take money from someone "starting to come across as a bit of a pratt" like me ;-)
By:
nigelpm1
When: 23 Oct 13 20:07
I tend not to back managers in these markets in the early stages either but couldn't resist a small wager on curbs.
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 23 Oct 13 20:21
nigelpm1 • October 23, 2013 8:05 PM BST
They wouldn't take money from someone "starting to come across as a bit of a pratt" like me ;-)

That got to you Nige.Plain
By:
nigelpm1
When: 23 Oct 13 20:48

Oct 23, 2013 -- 8:21PM, ShirleyKnot wrote:

nigelpm1 • October 23, 2013 8:05 PM BSTThey wouldn't take money from someone "starting to come across as a bit of a pratt" like me ;-)That got to you Nige.

I'm usually very thick skinned but yes I think it did. Surprised

By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 23 Oct 13 20:59
Sorry about that Nige I just said it as it was.  The really worrying thing would be if you couldn't now tell that I was just speaking the truth.
By:
nigelpm1
When: 23 Oct 13 21:00
No, you were right and I respect your views hence the "getting to me" part of it.  Appreciate you saying it as you were right.
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 23 Oct 13 21:05
Oh, I have gone all wobbly and nearly tearful, that's really good to hear that Nige.  Lesser men wouldn't see it.

Let's kick arse Happy
By:
nigelpm1
When: 23 Oct 13 21:07
ha ha.  Don't be so soppy, we always kick arse - particularly Betfair's Excited
By:
ShirleyKnot
When: 23 Oct 13 21:10
It's ok, I should be able to pull myself together fairly shortly. Plain
By:
nigelpm1
When: 23 Oct 13 22:43
http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/34564-di-matteo-linked-to-switzerland-job.php#.UmhCsPmsh8E - happy to lay RDM
By:
Horangi.
When: 23 Oct 13 23:56
So the outgoing manager gives a strong recommendation to Parish to hire one of his closest friends, going as far as saying that's who the team needs.  Seems rather farcical.

Pulis had been in the frame for positions at Sunderland, Derby County and Middlesbrough and is close to Holloway, who is the godfather to Pulis' son. The outgoing manager suggested he would endorse any move by Palace to offer his friend the job. "Tony's one of my best mates," he said. "I told him [Parish] it's who you need."
By:
nigelpm1
When: 24 Oct 13 09:27
Why is it farcical? If he genuinely believes he's the right man for the job?
Page 1 of 12  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 12 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com