Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
GeorgeBrush
28 Aug 13 09:54
| Topic/replies: 62,054 | Blogger: GeorgeBrush's blog
What type of winner will they want?

Cos that's what they'll get
Pause Switch to Standard View X factor 2013 starts here
Show More
Report LendUsAFiver December 11, 2013 12:37 AM GMT
rumour has it there will be a VT of Nick with the PE teacher who saved his life by knocking out his teeth to open his air waves.
Report LendUsAFiver December 11, 2013 12:41 AM GMT
...but we all saw this one coming, right? Ohh, all bar Sam backers :D
Report Dizzy42 December 11, 2013 3:02 PM GMT
Full list of songs for Saturday, including duets, confirmed:

Luke Friend
We Are Young by Fun
What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction
DUET: Anything Could Happen with Ellie Goulding

Nicholas McDonald
Candy by Robbie Williams
Angel by Sarah McLachlan
DUET: Flying Without Wings with Shane Filan

Sam Bailey
Edge Of Glory by Lady Gaga
Power Of Love by Jennifer Rush
DUET: And I'm Telling You with Nicole Scherzinger
Report LendUsAFiver December 11, 2013 3:55 PM GMT
Sam looks and sounds f***ing awful in this:

http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/11/the-x-factor-2013-luke-friend-sam-bailey-and-nicholas-mcdonald-tease-lackluster-finale-in-new-chritmas-video-4226616/

The De-ramp starts
Report Ski-Wiz December 11, 2013 4:35 PM GMT
Horrid video clip..........
Report LendUsAFiver December 11, 2013 6:49 PM GMT
3rd for Sam if she performs like that lol
Report GeorgeBrush December 11, 2013 6:58 PM GMT
you two Laugh
Report Ski-Wiz December 11, 2013 8:20 PM GMT
Just a honest opinion.......
Report jack12321 December 11, 2013 8:44 PM GMT
http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/11/the-x-factor-2013-nicolas-mcdonald-lumbered-with-shane-filan-for-series-finale-4226666/

That picture Laugh sums it up beautifully
Report hemsby December 11, 2013 8:45 PM GMT
Laugh Classic.
Report Ski-Wiz December 11, 2013 11:28 PM GMT
It's a good picture.....lower the expectation = the bigger the surprise = bigger ramp.

If they pull it off of course.
Report GeorgeBrush December 11, 2013 11:31 PM GMT
Can't have much lower expectations if he were singing two little boys wiggling his knob at a couple of infants on stage
Report squares December 12, 2013 7:58 AM GMT
Sam doing a saucy prison officer routine in a glammed-up prison cell to Edge of GLory with some pole dancing thrown in for good measure Plain
Report attitude adjuster December 12, 2013 9:07 AM GMT
Still not convinced there won't be a technical hitch and Nicholas ends up with Cameo's Candy

AWWWWWWW Mischief
Report squares December 12, 2013 10:02 AM GMT
maybe it's New Edition's Candy Girl - where they sound like chipmunks on helium
Report GeorgeBrush December 12, 2013 10:04 AM GMT
Some Candy talkin  innit

Jesus and Mary Chain  - nick donning leathers and doing some shoegazing
Report GeorgeBrush December 12, 2013 10:07 AM GMT
Fellow glaswegians - bound to be
Report mach December 12, 2013 11:11 AM GMT
Barlow sang a changed version of candy at a gig last night, was played on R2 this morning,
giving the song to nick is taking the piss a bitSad
Report LendUsAFiver December 12, 2013 11:11 AM GMT
just waiting for 6/1 in the high streets ;)
Report LendUsAFiver December 12, 2013 11:14 AM GMT
That actually works quite well and will be fresh in the Scots minds...I underestimated the producers this year...They know exactly what they are doing ;)
Report GeorgeBrush December 12, 2013 11:15 AM GMT
Didn't realise it was a Barlow song, no wonder it's sheeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiite
Report mach December 12, 2013 11:20 AM GMT
gary and robbie co wrote it
Report LendUsAFiver December 12, 2013 11:26 AM GMT
19 out of 20 like it on YouTube so it can't be that bad...It's a fun, uplifting tune, might even see some dancing from Nick for once.
Report squares December 12, 2013 11:35 AM GMT
song that saw VP ditched out of SCD iirc
Report johnnyrant December 12, 2013 11:50 AM GMT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urwa17jwTLs

1-0 to squares Cool
Report GeorgeBrush December 12, 2013 12:01 PM GMT
19 out of 20 people enjoyed seeing VP get chucked out of SCD
Report Dizzy42 December 12, 2013 1:08 PM GMT
19 out of 20 cats preferred howling dogs.

How anyone can think Candy is a good choice for Nicholas is beyond me...
Report Henry VIII December 12, 2013 1:38 PM GMT
Shane Filan is a better duet partner than Sherzy. One of the biggest British bands as opposed to one of the staff puppets.
Report LendUsAFiver December 12, 2013 3:32 PM GMT
Rampfest on here :D...Well, it is the final Wink
Report LendUsAFiver December 12, 2013 3:35 PM GMT
I'm at my limit on Nick now so fingers crossed...if he drifts to double figures I'll probably go red Sam...can't drop rare opportunity with such solid stats that contradict the market odds...How often do I say that?
Report RMB © December 12, 2013 3:41 PM GMT
Good luck, think your pissing against the wind though dude. Sam cruising on all my stats, obviously the Scotland factor is unquantifiable but you'd probably want Nicholas to be AT LEAST within 10% of Sam on all general stats.
Report Henry VIII December 12, 2013 4:16 PM GMT
Does anybody know what the polls were saying for Leon Jackson and Rhydian Roberts before that final?
Report RMB © December 12, 2013 4:20 PM GMT
Yar, exactly what I was wondering too.
Report Dizzy42 December 12, 2013 4:21 PM GMT
The on-line poll that I saw had Leon ahead of Rhydian in the final week (site not around any more - and I can't remember for the life of me what it was), that's why I backed him late on (plus Scottish friends and relatives telling me they were all multi-voting).

But that is perhaps not surprising as Rhydian was marmite - and everyone I spoke to wanted to support the 'anti' candidate.  The 'anyone but Rhydian' vote.
Report Dizzy42 December 12, 2013 4:31 PM GMT
Found an article that states the GMTV poll had Same Difference 1% behind Rhydian going into the final, with Leon back in third place:

Bookmakers are reporting a last minute flood of bets on Same Difference to take the X Factor crown. Rhydian Roberts remains the favourite to triumph in the final of the ITV1 show on Saturday night - but brother and sister duo Same Difference are sneaking up behind him. And on Friday's GMTV, it was revealed that there was just a one per cent vote separating the two acts in its online poll on who would win the competition. "Same Difference are who our customers want to be with," said Ladbrokes spokesman Nick Weinberg. "Current favourite Rhydian is more vulnerable than Leona was last year and punters are beginning to sense an upset." Ladbrokes has shortened their odds from 6/1 to 9/2, although Rhydian remains at 1/3. Third finalist Leon Jackson is also at 9/2.

Could history repeat itself?!  I doubt it somehow...
Report attitude adjuster December 12, 2013 4:43 PM GMT
There was a huge wave of patriotic flag waving/ramping for SD on the final saturday on here.

Cue - price crash

and then cue - a diabolical xmas number first up iirc.

Happy days Happy
Report RMB © December 12, 2013 4:44 PM GMT
Everytime we say doubt it and then it happens 1 in 4 times. That said, I can't see it happening Laugh
Report Henry VIII December 12, 2013 4:53 PM GMT
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/5320070/Screwbo-is-in-pole-position.html

anybody got sun subscription?
Report Ski-Wiz December 12, 2013 5:01 PM GMT
anybody got sun subscription?

No way Jose............beside who's gonna admit they are a subscriber on here?
Report Henry VIII December 12, 2013 5:06 PM GMT
Interesting thing about Dizzy's article is that is the assumption of who was the one to beat: X Factor: Can Same Difference beat Rhydian?

http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/the-x-factor/news/x-factor-can-same-difference-beat-rhydian
Report Henry VIII December 12, 2013 5:07 PM GMT
If I wasn't so lazy I'd pay the Sun £1 just for that article.
Report Henry VIII December 12, 2013 5:07 PM GMT
If I wasn't so lazy I'd pay the Sun £1 just for that article.
Report Henry VIII December 12, 2013 6:05 PM GMT
I thought the Sun were joking.

http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-x-factor/169436-x-factor-2013-final-sam-bailey-set-for-sexy-pole-routine.html
Report Asparagus Man December 12, 2013 6:34 PM GMT
Shocked

This could be truly awful and wholly unsuitable for her X Factor image?
Report LendUsAFiver December 12, 2013 6:44 PM GMT
Bring on the pole! Give it some stick...
Report LendUsAFiver December 12, 2013 6:49 PM GMT
LOL at Henry. I'd put £5k liability on this market but wouldn't ever pay £1 for a Sun subscription, purely out of principle.
Report LendUsAFiver December 13, 2013 12:19 AM GMT
Hardly any move in this market. Do people generally believe that a pole dance is a vote winner? Shocked
Report GeorgeBrush December 13, 2013 9:20 AM GMT
as tellymix say

' It’s certainly sure to be far more interesting than any of the performances Nicholas McDonald has come up with so far' LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report LendUsAFiver December 13, 2013 1:13 PM GMT
You could put it that way! Laugh

It's going to be the ultimate in car crash TV...going to be great to watch...Could be 3rd placed.
Report Ski-Wiz December 13, 2013 1:14 PM GMT

Dec 12, 2013 -- 6:19PM, LendUsAFiver wrote:

Hardly any move in this market. Do people generally believe that a pole dance is a vote winner?

Wait and see........it could be turn out good......equally turn out bad......

I do have a vision of it turning out crap on the basis Sam doesn't have the body to do pole dancing.

Report LendUsAFiver December 13, 2013 1:16 PM GMT
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/355637/X-Factor-s-Nicholas-McDonald-s-ex-girlfriend-insists-he-said-he-loved-her

People are going mental, calling her a money grabbing b! This is brilliant for Nick.
Report Ski-Wiz December 13, 2013 1:28 PM GMT
Kaitlin said: "I racked up a £1,000 bill calling to speak to him as I missed him. He would say he mixed me and loved me all the time."LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report Ski-Wiz December 13, 2013 1:29 PM GMT
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/x-factor/355135/X-Factor-s-Nicholas-McDonald-m...
Report George Bailey December 13, 2013 6:41 PM GMT
Korals say they lose a million if Sam wins......that's a lot of pennies
Report LendUsAFiver December 13, 2013 6:51 PM GMT
Bookies rarely lose George.

Somebody with a lot of cash really doesn't want her to drift, even after all the media events this week...we are now in a very false market.
Report George Bailey December 13, 2013 7:12 PM GMT
Yeah don't lose and certainly not a £1m on this limited market so double bullsh1t. They limit me to literally pennies.
Report George Bailey December 13, 2013 7:22 PM GMT
Local news just had interviews with acts and judges. Louis looked p1ssed at having two in the final but basically said Sam would win. Joint interview with Nicole and Barlow. Nicole said "Rough Copy were soooooooooooooooooooooo close to making the final"...out of the mouth of (a) babe(s).
Report five leaves left December 13, 2013 7:25 PM GMT
Not since Cowell and Eggnog has a judge been more keen for their own act/s to be beaten Laugh
Report George Bailey December 13, 2013 7:30 PM GMT
Barlow still spitting feathers...I have kept Xtra Factor for those days when I need a lift Laugh
Report Ski-Wiz December 13, 2013 9:49 PM GMT
Sam gone down to 1.2LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report attitude adjuster December 13, 2013 11:19 PM GMT
1.18 now Confused
Report cnman December 14, 2013 2:19 AM GMT
Gonna be 1.1 before the show starts later :|
Report hemsby December 14, 2013 8:00 AM GMT
Couple of polls in today's Sun......

Which of the current X Factor finalists do you want to win?

Sam.     56%
Luke.     24%
Nick.      11%
None/DK 9%

Who did you vote for last weekend?

Sam.   42%
Luke.  24%
Nick.   20%
RC.     13%
Can't remember.  1%
Report LendUsAFiver December 14, 2013 8:03 AM GMT
figgy is right but it's not just Louis is it? It's been a shocking year of bias from the producers and judges and the show is falling on it's knees because of it. It started by slating Sam C and stitching up sweet Abi while ramping the hell out of Tamera and Rough Copy in the face of strong opposition by the public. Now we have Nick and Luke being kicked and sidelined in the most obvious manner ever yet the public have pretty much taken in the bait on this for once, but who can blame them? Sam is vocally leagues ahead but does she really have the X-Factor?

I visit 5+ homes and businesses a day and the general consensus is people are sick of the manipulation and dirty tricks so it's certainly not just us who see it. I still think we are in for a shock result because statistics are against her, no matter how well she sings.
Report LendUsAFiver December 14, 2013 8:08 AM GMT
I've put my money on it too, £1k red now...sod it, it's been a good year ;)
Report Henry VIII December 14, 2013 8:22 AM GMT
What statistics are against her? Don't tell me you're using a sample of just 9.
Report LendUsAFiver December 14, 2013 8:23 AM GMT
Can't be bothered to repeat them again
Report LendUsAFiver December 14, 2013 8:30 AM GMT
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/x-factor-louis-walsh-fears-2924663

Save the best until last...but to be fair, isn't it ironic that Louis has caused huge stress for the poor kid.
Report Ski-Wiz December 14, 2013 9:48 AM GMT
Who did you vote for last weekend?

Sam.   42%
Luke.  24%
Nick.   20%
RC.     13%
Can't remember.  1%

Not a good poll since Nick wasn't B2 last weekendLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report Ski-Wiz December 14, 2013 9:50 AM GMT
Asked how serious it could be, Louis added: “You just don’t know. When ­somebody dies they’re dead.”

Oh stating the obvious.....yeah we don't knowLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report Jim Duncan December 14, 2013 11:10 AM GMT
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/x-factor-louis-walsh-fears-2924663
"He swallowed his tongue and only survived because his coach knocked out two front teeth to clear his air passage."

...on every first aid course I've been on they always say "it's not possible to swallow your own tongue" ~ after all, it would be a design flaw that could wipe out the human species if it were possible and we are on at least Human v2.01.

Well done to his coach though as it sounds as though his quick thinking and response did save his life ~ fyi first aiders must always respond to ailments in this order:
1) breathing (you have no more than about 3 minutes)
2) bleeding (a little longer depending on the size and nature of the wound, but if you don't stem the flow of blood the subject will eventually die)
3) broken bones (you'd be migthy unlucky to die of any broken bones, unless any have ruptured an organ or artery)
Report bearcub December 14, 2013 11:21 AM GMT
If I chopped Brushys head of which 1 of the above would he die of Plain
Report Ski-Wiz December 14, 2013 11:46 AM GMT
He wont die......Brushy will just carry his head around under his arm.LaughLaughLaugh
Report mach December 14, 2013 11:49 AM GMT
Is it a  trick question?  If you cut the head off a Hydra, the beast still lives Devil
Report Jim Duncan December 14, 2013 11:50 AM GMT
Brushy would simply 'morph' like the Alien(s) in 'The Thing'
Report Cider December 15, 2013 10:19 AM GMT
Looks like 9.1M peak for Final Part 1 Shocked
Report George Bailey December 15, 2013 12:43 PM GMT
The number of forumites on here on any given night is a pretty good indicator of general interest. Very few last night relatively. Not a market I look at but maybe should if this gives an edge? Twitter activity might be same guide
Report squares January 5, 2014 10:03 AM GMT
Nicole offered £3m to return as a judge Sad

Sam Bailey's "tour" with Beyonce amounts to one appearance Laugh
Report hemsby January 11, 2014 1:13 PM GMT
Story in today's Sun saying that there are plans to make voting free next year in order to end the run of dull old winners.
Report George Bailey January 11, 2014 1:26 PM GMT
From TCO to a dull old winner in the blink of an eye. Its not the voting methods its the shyte acts they feed us. Free voting would be a bad thing betting wise if it allowed for multi voting as well...hopefully not.  I see Leanne from The Voice has been dumped by her record company and is playing holiday camps again.
Report hemsby January 11, 2014 1:35 PM GMT
Yep....performed at Potters a few times.
Report George Bailey January 11, 2014 1:41 PM GMT
Story in the Daily Hell now. Cowell said if he had brought it in before Luke Friend would have won...I had a £1300 green him Cry

Murrs and 1D would have won as well he said. Not sure why it matters who wins...hasn't for Olly or 1D
Report George Bailey January 11, 2014 1:43 PM GMT
Still think Sam would have won tbh
Report GeorgeBrush January 11, 2014 1:54 PM GMT
Joe, Cardie, Sam etc etc

Would all still have won
Report George Bailey January 11, 2014 1:58 PM GMT
Most kids wouldn't vote on this if you paid them.....if you don't want old people winning it cut the overs category...though most of the good tv comes from them....Cowell wanting it all as usual.
Report Henry VIII January 11, 2014 3:12 PM GMT
http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-x-factor/172147-the-x-factor-2014-to-see-free-online-voting.html

“We crunched the numbers and worked out that making voting free would create very different winners,” the source explained. “We believe Sam Bailey would have been beaten by Luke Friend who only ended up coming third.

“One Direction would have beaten Matt Cardle in 2010 and Olly Murs would almost certainly have received more votes than Joe McElderry in 2009.

“It will help us create champions more popular with younger people who wouldn’t necessarily have been prepared to pay to vote.”
Report Henry VIII January 11, 2014 3:16 PM GMT
Regardless of their source "crunching the numbers" I agree with GB1 above that most winners eg Sam were popular with all. It's still a significant change.
Report George Bailey January 11, 2014 3:27 PM GMT
Depends if they limit the votes per phone/pc. Wonder how many free SCD votes the BBC got on the website. Mmmmm wonder if a FOI would force that info out of the Stasi...or have they told us?
Report Asparagus Man January 11, 2014 3:51 PM GMT
Interesting concept the free voting to be honest - maybe Cowell has so much money he doesn't care any more.

All the comments about who would have won is pure conjecture of course and not based in any fact.

Also got to think it opens them up to co-ordinated campaigns and potentially reduced producer influence.

So for now this just smacks of getting XF in the papers to me - it would certainly be a divergence from the carefully controlled money making machine we know and love/hate.
Report Henry VIII January 11, 2014 4:26 PM GMT
No, it's in order to money, getting commercial winners.

It's short-sighted though but they know the program is on its way out anyway.
Report Henry VIII January 11, 2014 4:27 PM GMT
* to make more money
Report George Bailey January 11, 2014 4:32 PM GMT
Would 1D have made any more winning it? More likely saving money on producing an album and single for the likes of Sam
Report GeorgeBrush January 11, 2014 6:40 PM GMT
Ironically I think Marcus might have turned over LM with free voting
Report GeorgeBrush January 11, 2014 6:44 PM GMT
I think Cowell might get a shock

Kids who are motivated (limited in number) vote anyway

Cynical adults don't so much, but this could prompt them to
Report Asparagus Man January 11, 2014 11:56 PM GMT
This forum would vote more if it was free. Sophie Habibis would be on her third album now Cool
Report GeorgeBrush January 12, 2014 1:14 PM GMT
All those people who liked Sam on Gogglebox probably didn't vote

She'd have won by more and had 40% every week with free votes imo
Report Cider January 12, 2014 1:26 PM GMT
'Free voting' is a revenue generator anyway, traffic onto websites/apps and associated marketing potential.
Report mach February 7, 2014 10:37 AM GMT
Confirmed: Louis Walsh WILL return to the X Factor this year

http://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/confirmed-louis-walsh-return-x-3120252

coral@2.2 PP@1.8
Report mach February 7, 2014 4:49 PM GMT
Katie Hind ‏@katiehind  6m
BREAKING: Simon Cowell is to return for  X Factor 2014 but giving little else away, he says: ITV have not decided on the rest of the panel
Report mach February 7, 2014 4:50 PM GMT
Mark Jefferies ‏@mirrorjeffers  6m
ITV confirm officially Simon Cowell is back on UK X Factor. Also means he has officially failed on the US version.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com