Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
TheMadness
17 Jul 13 22:03
| Topic/replies: 32,479 | Blogger: TheMadness's blog
There
Pause Switch to Standard View FFS - Here's a Wednesday Thread
Show More
Report armagnac July 18, 2013 9:32 AM BST
i am very skeptical about gina seeing this out, not coz of anything bad really.
as it stands she is playing a blinder, as someone said her b!tchin has proved to only be about the ****s of the house so fully justified.
she says what she thinks and has said some amazing one liners.

BUT

has ive already said, female HM's are far far harder to get over the winning line than a male...men literally get away with a lot more.
gina only has to make 1 single mistake and the public could turn on her.
just hard to get excited about a short price female fav that has 4 more weeks of non-stop tv to get through.

also once jackie is gone then maybe hazel leaves, where is the drama gonna come from ??
dont like throwing spanners ( what am i saying, ofc i fecking do ) but i see the prods testing gina a bit more to see if she really is a worthy title holder ??
an alcohol fueled manufactured situation could arise similar to that of the deana/luke s classic moment of all time.
that is what all you gina backers have to prepare yourselves for imo

i dont see the prods letting her coast to an easy win
a moment like above will either make her or break her
Report GeorgeBrush July 18, 2013 9:37 AM BST
Liking the Gina/Sam combo

Suspect we'll get 4 weeks of their banter now until the end
Report GeorgeBrush July 18, 2013 9:41 AM BST
And maybe a little love story Grin
Report armagnac July 18, 2013 9:44 AM BST
rachel rice - how did she win ?

sophie read - how did she win ?

never watched these - default winners, by being nice ? didnt give the public any material to dis like them ?

interested for my theory for how hard it is for women to win

kate lawler - didnt watch this either ?

nadia won coz being 'different' and a nutter worked well for her

josie won coz she was protected massively then given a gold ticket, lard arse just layed in bed all day

deana was coasting to victory then blew it

my point is with rachal and sophie were they just 'nice' default winners who never offended or was there MO similar to that of gina.

gina has big potential to offend especially when drunk, this is what she has to overcome ??
Report Cider July 18, 2013 9:44 AM BST
That wouldn't be very good for either seeing as Gina is supposed to be attached.
Report GeorgeBrush July 18, 2013 9:46 AM BST
Gina is so streetwise and is likely being coached by the prods
Report mach July 18, 2013 10:08 AM BST
It looks like gina had a short game and a long game.

The short game, took the chance she would be out 1st or 2nd, played a massive character without much regard for selfpreservation (apart from drinking the zombie cure) a big clue as to her BB intentions.

The long game, Gina has taken the risks, she now knows it's worked thanks to cheers and tennis balls, she is playing a more sympathetic character in the house now, has made the right judgement calls on the cast and is friends with the best housemates. Can coast from here with some one liners and the public support at her back, without any need to take chances.
Report mach July 18, 2013 10:12 AM BST
Since we suspect a lot of ginas back story to be embellished, it could make Gina the best game player of all timeExcitedLove
Report GeorgeBrush July 18, 2013 10:22 AM BST
Probably. An ctor no doubt, and a far more talented one than that Michael c0ck
Report GeorgeBrush July 18, 2013 10:22 AM BST
actor
Report Henry VIII July 18, 2013 10:31 AM BST
I think I read or heard somewhere yesterday Gina said “if I’m saved it must be because the public like my bitching and laziness”? That’s an alarm bell, unless it was a pure joke.

Also a few days ago Sam said “b0ll0cks” to Daley. Anyone remember why?
Report armagnac July 18, 2013 10:34 AM BST
sorry H, that is one thing i missed
Report armagnac July 18, 2013 10:35 AM BST
i know how many flies are in the house at any one time but i missed that
Report squares July 18, 2013 10:43 AM BST
Rachel Rice, despite her fairly quiet demeanour, was actually a really strong person - a bit of an alpha vs the Rex leadership of the house.  Tons of common sense, very much the girl next door, dealt with things the way most viewers would so very easy for them to identify/empathise with her.

Kate Lawler was very much of girl of that time - a ladette, sporty, tomboy, liked a drink, fun loving, etc.  Put quite a bit of weight on in the house iirc and not too fussed about it.  Think she was also helped massively by the fact that Alex's popularity was damaged by Ginger Tim's arrival in the house.
Report squares July 18, 2013 10:45 AM BST
Deana was never going to win.
Report armagnac July 18, 2013 10:45 AM BST
thanks, so would you say default winners then
Report GeorgeBrush July 18, 2013 10:47 AM BST

Jul 18, 2013 -- 10:31AM, Henry VIII wrote:

I think I read or heard somewhere yesterday Gina said “if I’m saved it must be because the public like my bitching and laziness”? That’s an alarm bell, unless it was a pure joke.Also a few days ago Sam said “b0ll0cks” to Daley. Anyone remember why?

Sounds like a joke

Report squares July 18, 2013 10:47 AM BST
Sophie more like Kate fun loving, put on weight, etc.  Some nice friendships in the house after Mint Kris got the boot.

I don't see all this saying "is so and so like so and so" is all that relevant.
Report armagnac July 18, 2013 10:49 AM BST
i do, to decide what makes a worthy female winner from the public's point of view
Report squares July 18, 2013 10:49 AM BST
Not really default winner, Rachel always a prominent role in the house - took a lot of sh!t from some of the idiots and could have become a victim but was too strong to lower herself to that.

Kate always a big character in the house.  D!ckhead Spencer going early probably also helped her.

Sophie probably the closet to a default winner.

Josie had it handed to her on a platter.
Report GeorgeBrush July 18, 2013 10:50 AM BST
I hated kate and pretty much all she stood for

Sophie my fav female of the lot
Report armagnac July 18, 2013 10:51 AM BST
ok thanks, backs up my theory really
gina is the only person that can stop herself from winning
or
the prods protection of course
Report squares July 18, 2013 10:51 AM BST
But times change army so Kate, for example, was very much a winner of that time - not sure she would have won later years.

Someone like Josie or Sophie unlikely to have won in the early years.

Gina wouldn't have had a cat in hell's chance in the early years.
Report Henry VIII July 18, 2013 10:52 AM BST
"Probably. An ctor no doubt, and a far more talented one than that Michael c0ck"

She said yesterday something like "I have to lie for a reason". Another alarm bell.
Report armagnac July 18, 2013 10:52 AM BST
good good good, oh brill
so happy now, just sit back and enjoy the ride

will gina self implode, fastest fingers 1st
Report armagnac July 18, 2013 10:53 AM BST
yes, i understand that squares..took that into consideration
Report armagnac July 18, 2013 10:54 AM BST
H lets get her down to 2.5 ish 1st Wink
Report armagnac July 18, 2013 10:55 AM BST
with her polls lead after the reset, people will be saying she's unbeatable !!
but of course, she will be very beatable
Report Henry VIII July 18, 2013 10:56 AM BST
Squares has summed it up well for you Army although I'm not sure about "Deana was never going to win" but I think TM, who records or remembers TVPolls, said that she never beat LukeA even at her hight.

Sophie had a lot of similarities to Gina except that she wasn't so bitchy and was surrounded by idiots who self-destructed.
Report armagnac July 18, 2013 10:59 AM BST
thanks H
surely if deana was never going to win it makes gina's task even harder
i liked deana much more than i like gina on current form
Report squares July 18, 2013 10:59 AM BST
I always saw a massive problem with the air of superiority, the superciliousness she carried around with her.  Also looked to me to be incredibly cold and humourless.
Report Henry VIII July 18, 2013 11:00 AM BST
"H lets get her down to 2.5 ish 1st"

Last year I was left with a 11K Gina red Cry so I'm trying to be a bit more observant and less hopeless this year.
Report squares July 18, 2013 11:00 AM BST
Last sentence should explain to you army why Gina has much more chance than Deana ever had.
Report Henry VIII July 18, 2013 11:02 AM BST
"I always saw a massive problem with the air of superiority, the superciliousness she carried around with her.  Also looked to me to be incredibly cold and humourless."

I couldn't see this because I think she gave me happy memories of a woman I knew.
Report Henry VIII July 18, 2013 11:03 AM BST
"Last sentence should explain to you army why Gina has much more chance than Deana ever had."

Deana wasn't really cold though, more strong like Rachel Rice, and she had humour.
Report armagnac July 18, 2013 11:05 AM BST
yes, gina does seem warmer and very funny.

i just dont like the FACTS from previous years that women HM's are dam hard to get over the line and for that reason i would find any price on gina below 2.50 unsafe.
Report armagnac July 18, 2013 11:06 AM BST
deana did have a ruthless streak but i liked it
Report squares July 18, 2013 11:12 AM BST
I found her very cold and the humour and fun loving stuff people pointed out was just cringeworth and embarrassing to me, especially all that soldiers crap.
Report squares July 18, 2013 11:13 AM BST
And didn't give me any happy memories Grin - nice one Hen!
Report squares July 18, 2013 11:14 AM BST
I actually don't think it has been that difficult to get female winners over the line.

I can also see something that all female winners have had that Gina definitely doesn't have.
Report squares July 18, 2013 11:14 AM BST
Gotta go out - spent too much on here already.
Report mach July 18, 2013 11:16 AM BST
Connor was a horrendous person, but was right about Deana, Deana played the role she cast herself in, rather than being an innocent victim of the bad group.
I see no similarities to Gina.
Report Henry VIII July 18, 2013 11:19 AM BST
"I can also see something that all female winners have had that Gina definitely doesn't have."

What's that Squares? (if you haven't left yet)
Report armagnac July 18, 2013 11:23 AM BST
Big Brother Live ‏@BBUKLive 2m
11.19am: "I like Dexter" says Jackie. Dexter's plan may be working... #bbuklive

LaughLaugh
she cant stand him and really is trying to get callum to flip out to prove she is right about him.
fecking evil cow, proper pot stirrer
Report armagnac July 18, 2013 11:26 AM BST
keep it up jackie  Wink
expecting some serious b!tchin from dan and jackie in the next two day before the eviction
dan's price now is a joke, could be double figures if he sides with jackie over callum
Report Henry VIII July 18, 2013 11:26 AM BST
"I can also see something that all female winners have had that Gina definitely doesn't have."

One thing could be that women could identify with them.
Report armagnac July 18, 2013 11:27 AM BST
cant answer, didnt know most of the female winners
Report Henry VIII July 18, 2013 11:29 AM BST
"expecting some serious b!tchin from dan and jackie in the next two day before the eviction
dan's price now is a joke, could be double figures if he sides with jackie over callum
"

He seems to get all the conflicts right though. I mean be on the right side of any controversy. Even Wolfy in the end. She was fake and a compulsive liar, just not a professional actress.
Report armagnac July 18, 2013 11:32 AM BST
too sly to win
Report armagnac July 18, 2013 11:34 AM BST
been the main instigator in turning the house against callum
Report armagnac July 18, 2013 11:36 AM BST
or been a willing partner with jackie i should say, not sticking up for her either from what we know right now.
letting her go down with the ship after taking the life raft
Report armagnac July 18, 2013 11:37 AM BST
hanging people out to dry then sitting back and watching the aftermath
done it all the way through
Report five leaves left July 18, 2013 12:08 PM BST
"I always saw a massive problem with the air of superiority, the superciliousness she carried around with her.  Also looked to me to be incredibly cold and humourless."

That's how I saw her too.
I couldn't stand her but love Gina.

As for Rachel she had a much harder time in there than Deana. She was totally isolated at times. Even Kat became distant when Rex turned on Rachel after watching her audition tape.
Kat was even more distant when evicted Laugh
Report five leaves left July 18, 2013 12:09 PM BST
Deana on the other hand always had Luke A and Baloo on her side.
Report five leaves left July 18, 2013 12:15 PM BST
As for last night, the Gina & Sam friendship looks like being great for both of them.
I've had to bring Sam on side now.
Took some 5.5 on here and the same price on the HS with one of the few firms who let me have more than a tenner.
They're my only 2 greens now.
I've turned Dan red
Report five leaves left July 18, 2013 12:16 PM BST
...oh I still have Callum green for some reason Grin
Report squares July 18, 2013 12:16 PM BST
I couldn't get interested during last night's show at all - I'll see if it is any better now.
Report Cider July 18, 2013 12:17 PM BST
Nice u-turn Fig Cool
Report squares July 18, 2013 12:18 PM BST
now i know why, this outside world stuff always winds me up
Report Cider July 18, 2013 12:20 PM BST
I won't be turning Gina green. Not yet at any rate Mischief
Report armagnac July 18, 2013 12:25 PM BST
same here fig, gina, sam and callum when i clean it up a bit more
Report five leaves left July 18, 2013 12:25 PM BST
I've had to Cider.
I still think he has it all to do to overturn Gina's lead. Not least of all because these long late night convos rarely receive much if any coverage.
It did show me though that I'd my rather one dimensional view of Sam was way off.
He's a decent moral, astute lad, with a good sense of humour.

It also showed that some people's one dimensional view of Gina is way off too.
As Sam said himself, apart from Callum, Gina has been the only HM to sit and give him time to speak and listen to him
Report five leaves left July 18, 2013 12:25 PM BST
-I'd*
Report Cider July 18, 2013 12:30 PM BST
I don't think looking at past templates for current winners is the right way to go either. Sometimes it's just an instinct you have for people and it's generally worked for me. And my instinct is Gina won't be walking out last. Yes I can be indefatigable at times, which might be considered contrary to some Grin
Report squares July 18, 2013 12:32 PM BST
Dan and Jackie are just so bloody annoying and full of themselves
Report five leaves left July 18, 2013 12:37 PM BST
I go with my instincts first and foremost too and think Gina will walk out the winner.
Not least of all because some of the other potential winners are dropping away.
Sophie in particular has turned into a fish wife and I agree with squares last comment when it comes to Dan
Report johnnyrant July 18, 2013 12:37 PM BST
Dan is a grade A twunt. Has been since day 1.
Report five leaves left July 18, 2013 12:39 PM BST
True jr. I still do worry about him though, as so was Aaron
I know plenty would disagree with that
Report squares July 18, 2013 12:39 PM BST
Dan doesn't show any vulnerability tho.
Report squares July 18, 2013 12:40 PM BST
Dexter's Mum looks like an ageing Marie Helvin
Report squares July 18, 2013 12:41 PM BST
chuck Jackie out and put Dexter's Mum in
Report Cider July 18, 2013 12:41 PM BST
I've never considered Dan, I'd like to think I've made that quite clear lol.

Gina is a good housemate no doubt. I can see why she is so popular. However she is not dte and she portrays a fake persona.
Report five leaves left July 18, 2013 12:42 PM BST
It was Aaron's 'vulnerability' that led me to disliking him so much.
Sulking for hours because someone touched his cup cake.
I am sure with LF he'd have struggled to win
Report five leaves left July 18, 2013 12:44 PM BST
I don't see her as fake at all.
Quite the opposite. She's keeping it real, as the awful Aisleyne would feel the need to keep saying.
Report Cider July 18, 2013 12:48 PM BST
She was still maintaining she was going back to the Savoy, or wherever it was that she made up that she was living.
Report armagnac July 18, 2013 12:48 PM BST
ive no more comment on gina
she is the worthy fav
her 'tests' will come
Report five leaves left July 18, 2013 12:50 PM BST
A lot of what she says I see as very much tongue in cheek
Report Cider July 18, 2013 12:54 PM BST
It's still fake tho, I guess it fits into the recent 'reality' shows like TOWIE and MIC which she could be a character from.
Report Cider July 18, 2013 12:57 PM BST
I guess that's it in a nutshell, she's like one of these popular characters. I guess the public will decide if one of them should win bb.
Report five leaves left July 18, 2013 1:06 PM BST
I've never watched any of those shows. Just seen how they are in CBB, IAC or DOI and I've disliked them all
As long as Gina is straight and upfront in the way she handles situations in the house then any slight exaggerations about her life outside are fairly unimportant
Report five leaves left July 18, 2013 1:07 PM BST
Especially as I said earlier, I think much of it is tongue in cheek
Report squares July 18, 2013 1:08 PM BST
it is much better for Sophie to keep quiet
Report squares July 18, 2013 1:08 PM BST
and  Dan is such a bloody interferring know all
Report squares July 18, 2013 1:10 PM BST
good speech from Dexter about the Hazel/Dan situation
Report squares July 18, 2013 1:10 PM BST
"all these tennis balls coming over all time time"  exaggerate, why don't you
Report five leaves left July 18, 2013 1:11 PM BST
My other thought from last nights LF was about her finding out that she is popular on the outside.
It has killed many HM's chances, but in Gina's case it appears to have made her feel more relaxed and hence come across as a much warmer person
Report five leaves left July 18, 2013 1:14 PM BST
Are you watching last nights HL's squares?

btw what do you think Gina lacks that other winners had?
Report squares July 18, 2013 1:16 PM BST
yes i have just finished watching it - had it on last night but couldn't get into it and talked all the way through it, was quite a poor episode tbf, but then i don't agree with stuff to do with the outside world being a part of the BB experience.
Report five leaves left July 18, 2013 1:19 PM BST
I'm not keen on that either.
How much better would Wolfy's eviction have been if she hadn't heard the Get Wolfy Out chants the week before
Report five leaves left July 18, 2013 1:20 PM BST
I am sure they would keep the crowd fairly quiet when going over to the house in the earlier series
Report Cider July 18, 2013 1:22 PM BST
Brushy jumped off the Sam train, wonder if we'll get a w-turn Mischief
Report five leaves left July 18, 2013 1:26 PM BST
I am sure he's onWink
He spotted the Sam & Gina friendship developing before me
Report Henry VIII July 18, 2013 1:31 PM BST
"My other thought from last nights LF was about her finding out that she is popular on the outside.
It has killed many HM's chances, but in Gina's case it appears to have made her feel more relaxed and hence come across as a much warmer person
"

Glad to hear that FLL. She got a bit of it from the crowds at the fake eviction.

Extraordinary turnaround from first week when she felt isolated from the house after spats with Sallie and Gina.

TVPolls 10pm Tues 18/6/2013 Least fav
Gina 43%
(Sallie 22%)
Report Henry VIII July 18, 2013 1:32 PM BST
* Sallie and Gemima
Report TheMadness July 18, 2013 5:49 PM BST
Just rewatched this

http://www.channel5.com/bigbrother/article/video/Day-35-Callum-storms-off-What-an-argument

Sam at 30 seconds onwards is bloody hilarious
Report deejayric July 18, 2013 7:18 PM BST
Henry VIII 18 Jul 13 10:31 
Also a few days ago Sam said “b0ll0cks” to Daley. Anyone remember why?

timbuctooth will know the answer to this H - I remember we spoke of it but can't remember what it was about. It was funny though
Report deejayric July 18, 2013 7:27 PM BST
five leaves left 18 Jul 13 12:15 
They're my only 2 greens now.

Me too fll. Apart from Jackie Plain And Daley Shocked And Jemima Cry. It was only yesterday that we were arguing our respective corners for Sam and Gina too. Glad we've met in the middle Grin Last night's LF was great, for both of them. If none of it makes the HLs tonight it's guaranteed their blossoming friendship will soon. Their rapport was BB gold dust Grin 

Convinced they're the final 2 now. Happy to have Dan, twins and Sophie (who I've finally given up on) as reds, with Dex/Charlie/Callum level green (a big moment may still happen for one of those). Charlie most likely 3rd atm
Report timbuctooth July 18, 2013 8:11 PM BST
Henry, watch the whole conversation here, from 33.20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49hjnLRsS4c
Report Henry VIII July 18, 2013 9:57 PM BST
thanks tim, i will
Report Henry VIII July 18, 2013 9:57 PM BST
thanks tim, i will
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539