Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 480 comments are related to the topic:
**American Idol 2013 Pinstickers Guide**

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 4 of 13  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 13 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 480
By:
squares
When: 28 Mar 13 08:04
R/O and Song Choices, Group performances last night too

Candice Glover – “I Heard It Through The Grapevine”
Kree Harrison and Janelle Arthur – Like a Prayer
Lazaro Arbos – “For Once In My Life”
Janelle Arthur (with guitar) – “You Keep Me Hangin’On
Devin Velez – “Tracks of My Tears”
Amber Holcomb, Angela Miller, Candice Glover – ”I’m Going to Make You Love Me”
Burnell Taylor – “My Cherie Amour”
Angela Miller – Shop Around
Amber Holcomb – “Lately”
Burnell Taylor, Devin Valez, Lazaro Arbos – “Sugar Pie Honey Bunch (I Can’t Help Myself)”
Kree Harrison – “Don’t Play That Song (You Lied)”
By:
squares
When: 28 Mar 13 08:07
The buzz is for Janelle's solo performance altho Kree outdid her in the duet.

A good night for the girls apart from Angela.
By:
The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE
When: 28 Mar 13 10:52
By:
squares
When: 29 Mar 13 08:02
B3
Burnell
Devin
Lazaro

Devin = toast
By:
squares
When: 29 Mar 13 08:07
Jimmy names CAndice and Kree as finalists.

Kree gets a message from Aretha Franklin.
By:
stu
When: 29 Mar 13 10:00
Jimmy names CAndice and Kree as finalists.

Awful if that was true, but probably so. Sad
By:
hemsby
When: 29 Mar 13 10:03
Cheers squares....been a busy time for me so only just catching up.A few random thoughts ......

Looked like a real sabotage Angie show to me.Horrible VT where we are reminded she is "Theatrical",ridiculous choice of song which I would struggle to imagine anyone looking good performing (we are told it was her song choice).The image changes were also concerning....far too sexy given her Christian block vote,and next weeks theme looking less than suitable (although tbf that applies to virtually all of them).Big week for next week....does the downward slide continue,or does she make a comeback?

Found the judges comments after the Kree/Janelle duet very interesting.Couldn't really see much difference in quality of performance personally,so the ramp of Kree / deramp of Janelle by the judges had the look of a pre-planned scripted episode.Should they have a week where you are allowed to perform your own songs,whilst this would obviously favour Angie,it's worth bearing in mind Kree has a very emotional number which hasn't been aired,dedicated to her deceased parents.

Candice continues to perform excellently,and its difficult to imagine her having a bad week.I still have issues over her likability though and still see her falling short.

Good week to get on the Janelle bandwagon possibly HF.Despite getting (unfairly?) panned on the duet,her solo performance was IMO the best of the night (and by a long way) and correctly praised by the judges.I thought she took the criticism handed to her for the duet in very good grace also,and came over as very likable.

Was also wondering about the order announced safe last night....Kree,Candice,Janelle,Angie and Amber...possible voting order perhaps? Or maybe just in order of those considered safe ?
By:
George Bailey
When: 29 Mar 13 10:23
Can't see any of them doing much after the show.  Sexing up Jessica in her comeback performance didn't work and sexing up Pageant Princess Mark II didn't either.  Looks like a small loss for me on this one as I took a chance on Lazaro delivering but although I thought he was actually okish this time he can't even be arsed learning his songs and the public have given up on him it seems.

Kree TCO it appears but she still lacks something for me but they all have question marks over them and one has to win.
By:
five leaves left
When: 29 Mar 13 16:37
I keep meaning to take a look at them all. Or those left. Everything you have said about Angie, Hems, says to me she can't win.
From a North East state and arty with it. The southern hicks will hate her.

I have just had my 1st bet though. Laid any other for £9 @ 1.25 Grin
By:
squares
When: 29 Mar 13 17:44
lowest ratings for an AI episode ever
By:
squares
When: 29 Mar 13 17:55
update from Southern hick contacts

not watched as much as they used to, not so good these days.

don't like Minj on the panel.

they don't like Burnell, don't think he was as good as he was made out to be, and liked him even less after his treatment of Laz.

Think Laz will make the oldsters remember a stuttering country singer from about 50 years ago (stuttered when he spoke but sang fine).
By:
squares
When: 29 Mar 13 17:58
reading between the lines I would say they're not keen on Candice or Amber Plain, nor Angie leaving Kree and Janelle.
By:
George Bailey
When: 29 Mar 13 18:23
Southern hicks don't like blacks? Shocked
By:
squares
When: 29 Mar 13 19:18
or Mexicans Shocked
By:
five leaves left
When: 29 Mar 13 19:20
or gun control
By:
George Bailey
When: 29 Mar 13 19:21
or anyone north of the macon dixon line Shocked
By:
George Bailey
When: 29 Mar 13 19:21
or anyone who doesn't feck their sister Shocked
By:
George Bailey
When: 29 Mar 13 19:22
Sorry squares I forgot you are from Norwich Blush
By:
squares
When: 29 Mar 13 19:22
sounds a bit close to East Anglia there
By:
squares
When: 29 Mar 13 19:23
Laugh

i am NOT from NORWICH Devil
By:
George Bailey
When: 29 Mar 13 19:26
Stop boasting...nobody likes a big head...except fll of course
By:
squares
When: 29 Mar 13 19:32
Gemma Biscuits back on Hollyoaks i see
By:
George Bailey
When: 29 Mar 13 19:33
Is she good enough to eat?
By:
squares
When: 29 Mar 13 19:34
not bad at all these days
By:
squares
When: 29 Mar 13 19:36
Jackie Corkhill ageing well too
By:
squares
When: 29 Mar 13 19:38
Jackie Dixon, i mean
By:
Hamsterdam
When: 30 Mar 13 04:28
Kree continues to puzzle me...not much of a personality at all competent singer but incredibly bland. I think she's a red herring.

My girl Candice is just cruising at the moment. Two restrictive songs in a row which she has done well with. Reminds me of the lull Amaro had at the start of XF USA before they unleashesed her towards the end, leaving the others way behind.

Angie again identity issues remain with this girl. I still don't know she is or what she's about.

Janelle as I've said before, best when staying away from predictable country numbers. It's been done better many a time before on this show and a lot better. She's had a mini revival over the last couples of weeks by steering away from these numbers. I don't think she is strong enough to win though. Nothing compared to Carrie or Lauren.

So I'm still with Candice. I think her unlikeability has been overstated. She got a huge portion of the vote in week 1 (presuming top) and this was just 1 week after the supposed negative reactions from her at others getting through to the finals. They are making efforts to make her come across as humble, and I think she is that. "You deserve to be here, believe" etc.

Imagine is she had of done My Cherie Amour for example? Would have been knock-out stuff. As soon as they start giving her the big ballad songs that she can play with she'll be established as the o/r fave and eventual winner. They banged on this series about it being the "number 1 singing competition" (a dig at The Voice) The Voice has been eating into their ratings I haven't watched that show but it's unlikely they have a better singer than Candice.
By:
George Bailey
When: 30 Mar 13 09:47
Kree must be behind in the pv to be getting all this ott ramping.
By:
hemsby
When: 03 Apr 13 21:09
Here's hoping that tonight's song choices might bring Angie back to life Wink
By:
Hamsterdam
When: 03 Apr 13 21:15
Amber Holcomb – “What About Love” by Heart
Angie Miller (with piano) – “Bring Me To Life” by Evanescence featuring Paul McCoy
Burnell Taylor – “You Give Love A Bad Name” by Bon Jovi
Candice Glover – “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” by The Rolling Stones
Janelle Arthur – “You May Be Right” by Billy Joel
Kree Harrison – “Piece Of My Heart” by Janis Joplin
Lazaro Arbos – “We Are The Champions” by Queen

Fecking hell 3 shiit songs in a row for Candice...worrying trend this..she'll still be good but concerning she's had like 3 of these dodgy numbers in a row. Yes Angie will be back in the game after tonight it looks like...Kree got a good song too.
By:
hemsby
When: 03 Apr 13 21:21
Now or never I reckon for my girl tonight Hammy....hoping the handbrake comes off and they give her a decent arrangement and staging.
By:
Hamsterdam
When: 03 Apr 13 21:28
Indeed hem...think she'll pull it off so long as no funny faces to the camera Grin
By:
hemsby
When: 03 Apr 13 23:00
Was just thinking.......young female,wows at early stages by singing her own song,is strong favourite going into the lives,has an unimpressive few early performances,then sings Bring Me To Life........Hope Angie does a better job than Ella did Shocked
By:
hemsby
When: 04 Apr 13 09:09
Full list from last night,plus running order.....

Burnell Taylor - “You Give Love A Bad Name”
Angela Miller & Lazaro Arbos - “Crazy Little Thing Called Love”
Kree Harrison - “Piece of My Heart”
Burnell Taylor & Candice Glover - “The Letter”
Janelle Arthur - “You May Be Right”
Lazaro Arbos - “We Are The Champions”
Amber Holcomb, Janelle Arthur, & Kree Harrison - It's Still Rock n Roll to Me
Candice Glover – “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction”
Amber Holcomb - “What About Love”
Angela Miller - ”Bring Me To Life”
By:
squares
When: 04 Apr 13 19:41
next week's rumoured themes (2 songs)

songs written by Burt Bacharach & Hal David

songs you wish you wrote (so anything really)
By:
George Bailey
When: 04 Apr 13 22:44
This lot give bland a bad name.  Where's the fire in the belly and feck you judges of my girl Haley? Lazaro was ok I thought which is usually the time when the one they want out goes...but maybe not quite yet.
By:
hemsby
When: 05 Apr 13 02:04
Top 3 revealed in NO particular order

Kree Harrison
Angie Miller
LAZARO ARBOS Laugh
Safe
Candice Glover
Amber Holcomb
Bottom 2
Burnell Taylor
Janelle Arthur

Burnell last......not saved.
By:
hemsby
When: 05 Apr 13 02:30
Seems like Candice was 4th and Amber 5th.
By:
George Bailey
When: 05 Apr 13 07:19
Lazaro LoveCoolWink...2300 green ShockedLaugh
By:
hemsby
When: 05 Apr 13 10:52
Ignore my previous post.....there wasn't any confirmation about who was 4th or 5th between Candice and Amber.

Save still not used this series,so I imagine highly likely it will be utilized next week if Lazaro avoids being bottom.

Judges reveal their personal Top 3.....

Keith/Nikki and Randy go for Kree,Angie and Amber (order rotated so each girl appeared top on the screen once)
Mariah goes for  Kree,Candice and Amber

Big week for Kree....Top 3 in actual votes,plus on all the judges picks.Her VT before she sang was also exceptional,showing her as having a warm,loving personality.

Worrying signs for Candice in missing Top 3,and not being mentioned in 3 of the judges Top 3's,although she came over very well on the results show,showing real emotion when Burnell left.

Amber looks cooked to me,having missed Top 3 again despite being ramped by the judges and having a late slot,and Janelle's momentum looks to have stalled given the results.

Lazaro hitting Top 3 the big surprise....Obviously this was the reason Top 3 was revealed,for shock factor and an attempt to maybe stifle his support?

Predictable pimp slot for Angie given the song choice.Reasonable performance without being exceptional IMO,although she hasn't "used up" a piano performance I guess.
Page 4 of 13  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 13 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com