Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 480 comments are related to the topic:
**American Idol 2013 Pinstickers Guide**

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 13  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 13 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 480
By:
Hamsterdam
When: 18 Mar 13 22:38
Thanks Hem...I see what you are saying about standing O's now...and yes she is going to get plenty, which can work against if they aren't unjustified.

Still have her as strong fave though. I think she offsets any dodgy personality moments off stage by her warm persona on it. Great smile when she sings...infectious.

She is so so strong. Amaro was a brilliant belter/vocal gymnast where no song was too big. Candice has that (not to the amazing extent of Amaro but close) however Candice 'feels' the song more..you can really buy into it. She does every thing at the right moment, her animations are just spot on when singing. I would argue she is possibly the GOAT all round female singer on a talent show...

The others need to beat her in the theme weeks and pull out some unqiue 'youtube hit' performances (like Angie Never Gone)to have a chance...because Candice will be so very consistent.

I just hope she doesn't have a hidden felony Scared

Nice to see some big chunks to back on the market here.
By:
squares
When: 18 Mar 13 23:08
08 Mar 13 11:44 
Paul Jolley, 22, Palmersville, Tennessee

Burnell Taylor, 19, New Orleans

Devin Velez, 18, Chicago

Lazaro Arbos, 21, Naples

Janelle Arthur, 23, Tennessee

Candice Glover, 23, South Carolina

Angie Miller, 18, Mass

Amber Holcomb, 18, Houston, Texas

Kree Harrison, 22, Nashville, Tennessee
By:
Hamsterdam
When: 18 Mar 13 23:13
She is from South Carolina, which is classed as a Southern State. She won the state with 47% in the first show.

No WGYG, a conscious decision by the producers to make it more of a competition. All the guys are duds. I think at least one maybe from the south but believe me they are so bad it's not relevant!
By:
squares
When: 18 Mar 13 23:13
and Massachusetts
By:
squares
When: 18 Mar 13 23:16
Jordin was North of the MAson Dixon i believe
By:
squares
When: 18 Mar 13 23:20
west of it actually, still south but not traditional southern
By:
hemsby
When: 21 Mar 13 06:45
Running Order & Song Choice......

Kree Harrison - "With A Little Help From My Friends"
Burnell Taylor - "Let it Be"
Amber Holcomb - "She's Leaving Home"
Lazaro Arbos - “In My Life”
Candice Glover – “Come Together”
Paul Jolley - “Eleanor Rigby”
Angela Miller - “Yesterday”
Devin Velez – “The Long and Winding Road”
Janelle Arthur – “I Will”
By:
hemsby
When: 21 Mar 13 06:50
Early Polls....

Who's Your Favorite? American Idol 12 Top 9 (Rickey.Org)
Janelle Arthur  7.19%

Devin Velez  4.93%

Angie Miller  28.34%

Paul Jolley  6.98%

Candice Glover  13.96%

Lazaro Arbos  9.86%

Kree Harrison  14.99%

Burnell Taylor  6.37%

Amber Holcomb  7%

American Idol 12 - Top 9 - Favorite Performance (MJ Blog)
Candice Glover – “Come Together”  24.21%  (46 votes)

Kree Harrison - "With A Little Help From My Friends"  22.63%  (43 votes)

Amber Holcomb - "She's Leaving Home"  14.74%  (28 votes)

Angela Miller - “Yesterday”  12.63%  (24 votes)

Janelle Arthur – “I Will”  12.63%  (24 votes)

Devin Velez – “The Long and Winding Road”  4.74%  (9 votes)

Burnell Taylor - "Let it Be"  3.16%  (6 votes)

Lazaro Arbos - “In My Life”  2.63%  (5 votes)

Paul Jolley - “Eleanor Rigby”  2.63%  (5 votes)

Total Votes: 190
By:
hemsby
When: 21 Mar 13 06:57
Very early YouTube likes/dislikes....

Angie.  122/6
Candice. 60/1
Burnell 49/5
Kree.   41/0
Devin.   37/3
Amber.  35/3
Lazaro.  25/26
Janelle.   19/3
Paul.     13/5
By:
hemsby
When: 21 Mar 13 07:00
Last weeks Top 3 still look solid on admittedly very early indicators.Will repeat numbers later this evening when figures are more weightier.
By:
George Bailey
When: 21 Mar 13 08:17
They were all a bit meh and lacking. Usually with no connect with the emotions or meaning of the song. I suspect most of them haven't even heard of The Beatles never mind the songs they were singing. Nicki gave the game away that they don't choose their songs. Lazaro panned so safe. Assuming Golden Rule No 3 applies.
By:
hemsby
When: 21 Mar 13 08:27
My thoughts.....

Kree ------  Death slot negated by VT showing her losing her parents at an early age.....makes song choice more intense (still reminds me of The Wonder Years though)?Usual smooth vocal,and judges continue to like her.

Burnell  --- Didn't know "Let it Be" ...glasses back,waving hands remain.Struggles on some of them low notes IMO.Judges impressed....possibly this years most favoured male contender?

Amber --- Huge family,with a scary Dad on VT.Violins,harps,mist....looks a million dollars.My favourite performance of hers so far,but could suffer from picking a relatively unknown Beatles track? Judges reaction mixed.

Lazaro --  Jimmy says his song choice is "risky".Reminded of Cuban roots in VT.Truly awful performance...core vote/sympathy vote enough as 4th last week? Judges unimpressed...sweating and stuttering in interview with Ryan after,says song changed last night.

Candice --- Strutting,stomps,edgy performance.Usual big/impressive vocal...judges love it,excellent crowd reaction.

Paul --- VT shows him being a "perfectionist".My favourite performance of his so far,but judges pan him....safe,bland,forgettable,disconnected being some of the words used.Does he bounce after last weeks B2? Have judges given motivation to vote? Interview with Ryan doesn't show him in a good light.

Angie --- Voted "Next American Idol" at High School.Straight hair,no piano.Tried to mix up a dirge of a song,resulting IMO a bit of a mess.Is she trying too hard? Is she a little too "earnest" in performance? Judges complimentary,if a little reserved.

Devin --  Attempted too many runs on notes for my liking,messing with his usual smooth delivery.Judges like him....B3 last week (bounce?) plus late slot enough?

Janelle --- Pimp slot...dressed classy (except for Cowgirl boots) Soft lighting,strings mist etc....Understated,pleasant.improved performance.....judges impressed.
By:
George Bailey
When: 21 Mar 13 08:34
Any of 5 or 6 could go tonight.
By:
hemsby
When: 21 Mar 13 08:36
Tricky week for predicting who goes....Assume last weeks Top 3 will be safe,along with Jannelle in pimp slot.Could make a case for any of the remaining 5 ....Lazarro's high placing last week,plus continued sympathy vote should I suppose be enough.

Paul possibly "bussed" this week,although will that produce motivation to vote? Burnell early in the running order,and just out of trouble last week.Amber coming off a pimp slot,and relatively unknown song choice.Devin poor performance,but late slot. Perm any 3 from 5/6 for bottom 3,and I'll go for a "Shock" with Amber going.
By:
hemsby
When: 21 Mar 13 08:37
Haha...just posted before reading your post GB2.....we are thinking along similar lines it seems.
By:
George Bailey
When: 21 Mar 13 08:38
Sad
By:
George Bailey
When: 21 Mar 13 08:38
Laugh
By:
George Bailey
When: 21 Mar 13 08:44
There could be plenty of value in the elims (no liquidity though) and the o/r this year. Angie a bit too pageant like for me now and Candice could become just another black shouty woman. Expect usual "shock" elims weeks 3 and/or 4. Not really bothered much this year so far so Lazaro my only green.  Looks out of his depth but also the only one who could go on a journey if he gets his act together (literally) and can see him being last male standing. I can see the judges getting frustrated when he hangs around for a while at the "expense" of so called better singers.
By:
hemsby
When: 21 Mar 13 08:44
Plain.....Love
By:
hemsby
When: 21 Mar 13 08:47
There was reasonable chunks available on this weeks elim markets,but with a % of around 145 iirc,not a great amount of value.I've had a tenner on Amber going hence my unbiased prediction Laugh
By:
hemsby
When: 21 Mar 13 08:49
Still like Angie for the OR,although concerned over last two song choices...I'm hoping they are setting her up for a killer performance on the old Joanna.
By:
squares
When: 21 Mar 13 10:56
pretty much passing on this, will just keep an eye on it for interest.

Don't think it's competitive enough, not enough liquidity and it's not even very entertaining.
By:
hemsby
When: 21 Mar 13 11:13
Looks like my guess as to the identity of the mystery layer was wrong.

Shame there's not more interest,as its pretty quiet ATM on here.Agree about the uncompetiveness of the contest though,and what with the vote reveal,we could be shaping up into a similar situation to last years US X-Factor perhaps.
Standard is so-so ,particularly the males,but I do have a soft spot for Angie Love
By:
hemsby
When: 21 Mar 13 11:19
I'll just carry on speaking to myself for now........first sign of madness apparently Sad
By:
five leaves left
When: 21 Mar 13 15:03
I'm very much like squares. I haven't watched any yet. It's very hard to find the motivation when it's so hard to get on.
I also think the idea of announcing who is topping/in the top 3 is a crazy idea, both as a viewer and a punter.
I really hope they don't do it for XF over here.
By:
George Bailey
When: 21 Mar 13 17:09
Shame there aren't more of us interested as with the liquidity it could be a really interesting market.  Agree re naming the top 3 but even with that we have had previous winners being bottom two and there are question marks over all of them this year.  With up to any one of 6 possibly going tonight then the eviction markets could have been very interesting.  I have put some lays up to try to get something going but clearly flogging a dead horse. I do think this is a very weak year though,
By:
larrence
When: 21 Mar 13 23:29
i would say angie miller is one of the best seen on any of these shows, the girl is PURE class. Wink
By:
hemsby
When: 22 Mar 13 08:08
No order reveal in results show.

Bottom 3 ......Paul,Devin and Amber

Eliminated ......Paul.
By:
hemsby
When: 22 Mar 13 08:09
And larrence knows his onions Wink
By:
squares
When: 22 Mar 13 08:11
Motown next week
By:
George Bailey
When: 22 Mar 13 08:48
larrence who? 2300 green on Lazaro...the dream goes on. Tracks of My Tears next week and he goes to 8s Laugh
By:
George Bailey
When: 22 Mar 13 09:19
Ah THAT larrence.....
By:
George Bailey
When: 22 Mar 13 09:19
angie = pia with no competition
By:
George Bailey
When: 22 Mar 13 09:52
I see they didn't announce top 3...must be because Lazaro was in it Shocked
By:
hemsby
When: 22 Mar 13 14:01
I think GB2 is correct in that it appears we are flogging a dead horse,trying to drum up any interest in this,for a variety of reasons as stated Sad

I'll continue to post R/O song choices and results,but give the polls and YouTube numbers a miss.

I've stated from my first post on here,that I think Angie will win,and she is my only green.FWIW I agree with larrence in that she is one of the most impressive talent show contestants I have seen since I began watching these things seriously.Her "problem" as touched on by Jimmy in the results show episode,is that she is very emotive when performing which some are starting to construe as false/over the top/ unbelievable etc.It also leads to suggestions that she is very "Glee" or "Disney" or even "Pageantry".I'm concerned this got high-lighted on last nights aired show....was it to scupper her chances,or to create a moment where she solves this "problem".

This along with the southern state bias,are my two concerns about her chances,but everything considered I still think she wins.

Only two real dangers it seems.....Kree and Candice.If I was a Kree backer,I would have been concerned that she got beat by Janelle in her home state vote revealed in last weeks show.She may well accumulate Janelle's vote,if and when Janelle leaves,but even so I see her falling short.She's a very competent easy listening performer,but IMO nothing remotely special.
Candice is your typical big voiced,black female contender on these shows.The fact that she has tried out and been rejected a couple of times by Idol indicates to me she is deemed as nothing too special by the Prods.Usually this type of singer comes up short,although of course there are i exceptions to the rule (Melanie Amaro an obvious one).

In conclusion,I'm hoping they have been applying the brakes to Angie,and in the coming weeks they will "solve her faults" and allow her to perform with the piano also.It looks to me like they are setting it up for her to perform her self-penned song You Set Me Free,in the final.Her rendition of that shown in the pre-live episodes is possibly the best I have ever seen watching this type of show.
By:
George Bailey
When: 22 Mar 13 15:17
just hope I can trade some of my Lazaro when he makes the final 3 or 4. More liquidity and I would have had an all green book by now. Agree Angie should win from here unless one comes from tha pack and by the pack I mean Kree etc. Candice too fat, black and miserable though she did get 42% of her home state vote tbf and her "I who have nothing" was great....in fact its become the theme song for whoever had a grand on Denmark at 1.01.
By:
Hamsterdam
When: 23 Mar 13 04:41
Candice not at her best this week don't like that Beatles song though didn't suit her and very dirgy. Not sure why they gave her that. Got away with it because the others weren't that great either. Sounds like lots of late song changes which always results in a naff show. She should have done Let It Be.

Rest assured she will be back Wink just another black singer she is not.

Still not feeling Kree...don't get her at all...I wish I did get her...I don't like ones I don't get, they scare me Scared

Angie I agree is Pageantry or as I described her before too "arty" and seems to maybe having some identity crisis issues.
By:
Danzaa
When: 23 Mar 13 05:03
Stuck a speculative £500 on Angie at 3.00 at BetVics just to keep me awake through this cheese-fest. They immediately cut it to 2.5.
By:
Helmuthian Folds
When: 26 Mar 13 19:51
I must be losing it tbh.

I really think Jannelle has a real shout in this.

She is authentically country and is not too attractive.  She always comes across well and I think from pimp she would have been top 3 this week.

20/1 for her is just way too big IMHO, sure to be around for a few weeks yet!
By:
squares
When: 28 Mar 13 07:57
Next week's theme rumoured to be Rock with No Ballads allowed.
Page 3 of 13  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 13 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com